• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Given that they don't even have the time/energy to fix Firebolt+Viking Funeral, it appears they don't have the time to get even Warlocks right.

This really confirms my feeling that Bungie really doesn't care about the live game. They never had to with Halo & so they think these half-measures are good enough.

<salt intensifies>

No.
No.
Must be less salty than Ape.

Ikkarus

Nothing is more frustrating and confusing than hearing that sweet shoulder on guardian sound effect, only to realize nothing actually happened, and then you fall over dead from a melee...
I have to equip the damn greaves to ensure a kill these days and even they don't get the job done half the time. :(

Given that they don't even have the time/energy to fix Firebolt+Viking Funeral, it appears they don't have the time to get even Warlocks right.

This really confirms my feeling that Bungie really doesn't care about the live game. They never had to with Halo & so they think these half-measures are good enough.

<salt intensifies>

No.
No.
Must be less salty than Ape.

let your salt intensify

Like Genghis Khan we shall salt the Earth of Destiny.

Dthomp

Brb, need to do TLW quest before next Tuesday.

I think we should just find 3-6 Gaffers who need this or are willing to help and jump into Classic Rumble in groups of 3 and farm this out cause I'm having trouble getting and staying above 60-65% and that's toast after the update

I think we should just find 3-6 Gaffers who need this or are willing to help and jump into Classic Rumble in groups of 3 and farm this out cause I'm having trouble getting and staying above 60-65% and that's toast after the update

...all for a shotgun that you'll never use, and has already been nerfed months ago.

Ikkarus

Icebreaker and Thorn of course. You know, the ones that aren't used anymore @_@(Their words)
They were used in regular crucible matches though, especially Thorn.

Icebreaker was just abused for the ammo glitch so they decided to nerf the damn thing even more, seems fair to me.

They were used in regular crucible matches though, especially Thorn.

Icebreaker was just abused for the ammo glitch so they decided to nerf the damn thing even more, seems fair to me.

Great and in Crucible that's fine if they're strong. Make other weapons to be strong with them.

Instead it's the Bungie ™ way of nerfing anything that is remotely fun in order to line up with all the other nerfs they've done to other weapons.

Even the Special weapon nerfs are a bit much, do they want everyone to just use Primary weapons

That's boring, that's homogeneous.

Dez_

Not sure about Dez but I'm a completionist, and mainly still to PVE so I don't really are about usefulness in PVP

Watching Chaperone and First Curse in action in PvP looks fun, but I also hate doing frustrating quests, which is why I've been sitting on this one and First Curse quest for so long. I honestly would be down to try and do the rumble thing, otherwise I'm going to have to try and just switch weapons around, which also sounds annoying.

Ikkarus

Great and in Crucible that's fine if they're strong. Make other weapons to be strong with them.

Instead it's the Bungie ™ way of nerfing anything that is remotely fun in order to line up with all the other nerfs they've done to other weapons.

Even the Special weapon nerfs are a bit much, do they want everyone to just use Primary weapons

That's your opinion but it's the unique perks on both Thorn and Icebreaker which tip them over the edge, I think they regret making them and were naive in Year 1, now they just want to nuke them to oblivion and let other guns shine, again it seems like a good idea in my opinion.

That's your opinion but it's the unique perks on both Thorn and Icebreaker which tip them over the edge, I think they regret making them and were naive in Year 1, now they just want to nuke them to oblivion and let other guns shine, again it seems like a good idea in my opinion.

People will still use Thorn

That's the funny part

You don't simply stop the Beast by asking it nicely.

Doctrine nerf is good, that thing has ridiculous range with negligible damage dropoff. You can melt people from medium range pretty much instantly with that thing.

I wasn't a fan on how they were joking about the Thorn changes. And then just add one more bullet to kill you. I'm lvl 319. A gun that can max out at 160 (or whatever) shouldn't kill me in 4 hits during IB or Trials.

Well I am glad you're not in charge of balancing this game because that would be terrible :p

I am glad thorn is getting nerfed even more. Fuck that gun.

HAWKMOON will be the best exotic HC in the game again!

Dthomp

Watching Chaperone and First Curse in action in PvP looks fun, but I also hate doing frustrating quests, which is why I've been sitting on this one and First Curse quest for so long. I honestly would be down to try and do the rumble thing, otherwise I'm going to have to try and just switch weapons around, which also sounds annoying.

I actually got the 7 kills in PVP for First Curse in just rumble with randoms. Just duck around a corner and take shots when people run by.

700 people work at Bungie, but working on multiple subclasses at once is:

In this case it's a matter of timing and resources. We feel the best approach is one step at a time, if that makes sense.​

Newsk & Sage don't work on the live team. They work on the next Expansion or the Sequel. That's literally why they said they didn't do any updates in Year 1. They needed these teams to focus on Taken King. Based on Destiny 2's delay and the need to create something for this fall, I bet that the focus internally is entirely on this Fall and Destiny 2. Anything else is a distraction.

This update reeks to me of "We can shift focus to this free update for 1-2 weeks. And what can we do in that time?"

That's how you get an answer that Firebolt + Viking Grenades is OP but "it'd take too much work to fix." Or "we can only balance one class at a time."

That's how you get half-assed changes like the special ammo fixes.

That's how you get weapons balancing that no body considers for PvE.

That's how you get an update that's all reskins.

700 people working on the next version of the game that they can sell and "quarterly" balances that are actually once every 5(!) months. And then 6 people for 2 weeks for the April update.

Bungie never had to care about the live game for Halo. There were 12 guns and they just had to make small tweaks. That's why they think these half-measures and misunderstandings are good. They either have no clue (unlikely) OR they are terrified of making sure they nail the next release that they actually have to sell. That will get reviewed on Metacritic.

Well I am glad you're not in charge of balancing this game because that would be terrible :p

I am glad thorn is getting nerfed even more. Fuck that gun.

HAWKMOON will be the best exotic HC in the game again!

In my world of Destiny

All the exotics would be strong

All of them

I would also bring all the exotics forward

Overt cases of OPness would be nerfed otherwise all guns would have their own strengths and weaknesses

You miss the Vex Mythoclast don't you

I'd bring that back. For you.

Seems like my Destiny friends list is now jacked up. I'm guessing because of 3.50. I have around 200 friends. I should probably knock some of those off I guess.

Well that's not a good sign, after a month away from the game I did a Heroic and Nightfall strike. Dreaded every second of it. Had zero fun. Surely wasn't expecting to feel that way about it.

LTWood12

Perks you can FEEL are what make a lot of weapons fun. I wish they'd realize that and make more of them, and get rid of the ones that immediately elicit a dismantle.

Community focus this week is Kraftyy

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44563/7_Community-Focus---RealKraftyy

Also, the 6 tester warlocks on stream earlier:

CfYedEaVIAUEdP4.jpg:large

ocean

Banned
I wasn't a fan on how they were joking about the Thorn changes. And then just add one more bullet to kill you. I'm lvl 319. A gun that can max out at 160 (or whatever) shouldn't kill me in 4 hits during IB or Trials.
Thorn can't kill you in 4 shots in IB or Trials. It's like 6 shots (twice a normal kill time), anyone who manages to kill you reeeeeally deserves that kill if they get it :p

Namikaze1

In my world of Destiny

All the exotics would be strong

All of them

I would also bring all the exotics forward

Overt cases of OPness would be nerfed otherwise all guns would have their own strengths and weaknesses

You miss the Vex Mythoclast don't you

I'd bring that back. For you.
What about my Necrochasm?

Trials reskin armor:

wow

they made it ribbed

too bad shaders will still change it's colo-OH WAIT NO IT'S COMPLETELY STUPID RESKINNING ARMOR THAT CAN SIMPLY HAVE A SHADER APPLIED TO IT

OH WHOOPIE, NOW THE PINK WILL BE ON THE CROTCH INSTEAD OF SOMEWHERE ELSE.

What about my Necrochasm?

I've got the perfect buff for it-

Enemies killed by Nechrochasms explosion will now explode as well and chain it to other enemies

NECHROCHASMS FOR EVERYONE

That's pretty cool, the guy deserves the spotlight.

I really think that making TLW hip fire do the same damage as ads was a stupid move. I mean if you're able to two shot with last word by aiming at their head from the hip, then you deserve that quick kill, and it's not like it happens very often, even the best players (like kraftyy) rarely get these off, and if you have more than the minimum amount of armor, you can't get two shot. It also looks like it stops being a shot shot after like 10 feet from the hip.

I thought I was gonna be happy with the changes and they go and nerf my favorite gun ):
still happy with most of the changes

Top Bottom