• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Trakan

The stupidest part about the pulse rifle buff is that there are only 2 high impact pulse rifles available in Y2 right now, the Lyudmila and the Spare Change. No pulse rifles or fusion rifles are returning from Y1 from what they've shown. Talk about diversity.

Maybe the POE or Queen pulse rifle is high impact?

Mindlog

The stupidest part about the pulse rifle buff is that there are only 2 high impact pulse rifles available in Y2 right now, the Lyudmila and the Spare Change. No pulse rifles or fusion rifles are returning from Y1 from what they've shown. Talk about diversity.

*Patch Notes*
Due to the number of people using Lydmila and Spare Change....

Wait - Red Death and Nirwens? I thought those were High Impact PRs too no? Red Death has some serious flinch too if I remember correctly...

stay gold

Just checked the vault, didn't delete my high stability/counterbalance Lyudmila. Phew. I thought about getting rid several times when I was running out of space.

Tri4

Low rate of fire pulse Ruffles are getting buffed.
Is this just the spare change/lyudimia archetype or also the nirwens/red death archetype?
Wait - Red Death and Nirwens? I thought those were High Impact PRs too no? Red Death has some serious flinch too if I remember correctly...
I've always called red death and nirwens mid ROFs and high only for the spare change archetype. Now I'm confused on what archetype exactly is getting buffed.

Kraftyy's only two balance requests from this week's Community Spotlight:

It would be SUPER awesome if the hit detection with melees and Arcblade got a little bit of a tweak as well. Oh, and Firebolts.​

Hit detection is tough with melee. I posted a video earlier of Blizzards netcoders talking about hit detection and melee came up, but basically it's not a 'Destiny only' thing that melee detection suck. Look at CSGO for example~

Tri4

Pulse rifles getting buffed: lyudmila, spare change, other year ones guns

Pulse rifles not getting buffed: everything else
Thanks for the clarification. So red death will still be pretty average. I wish aggressive ballistics would give a boost worthy of using it over the other ballistics.

Daemul

Red Death in its glory days(pre-TDB) was a high impact PR, it was probably the highest impact PR ever in Destiny history due to pre-nerf Aggressive Ballistics, then Bungie decided to turn it into a slightly stronger version of The Strangers Rifle and it's been downhill since then.

/salt

ocean

Banned
Red Death in its glory days(pre-patch 1.1.1) was a high impact PR, it was probably the highest impact PR ever in Destiny history due to pre-nerf Aggressive Ballistics, then Bungie decided to turn it into a slightly stronger version of The Strangers Rifle and it's been downhill since then.

/salt
Red Death did 34 per bullet to the head, making it the faster-firing PR which could 2-burst kill.

X-Frame

Hit detection is tough with melee. I posted a video earlier of Blizzards netcoders talking about hit detection and melee came up, but basically it's not a 'Destiny only' thing that melee detection suck. Look at CSGO for example~

But it was something they did/tweaked in the 2.0 update that really made it become more apparent. Shoulder Charge was always a bit dodgy, but that become 3x as noticeable after 2.0. That seems also when Arc Blade became crappy.

So unless it was just a byproduct on whatever SBMM they introduced (could be the most likely) which as a consequence overall messed with melee hit detection, I don't know what Bungie changed in 2.0 because there was nothing in the patch notes about melee.

maomaoIYP

Most of the changes look good to me. Can't complain really. I'll leave my final opinion to when the patch drops and we get to experience them first hand, we all know that complaining when we haven't tried them out isn't meaningful.

Complaints on:
1) Having too few ways to earn legendary marks soon became wtf we do with 200 marks.
2) Auto rifle buff shenanigans, a 4% buff on auto rifles would have been disastrous considering doctrine.
3) No reasonable way to earn ghosts above 280 resulted in us *still* complaining about NF rewards.
4) How some people missed playing big maps gave us First Light, Bastion and fucking Skyshock in Control.
Etc etc

But it was something they did/tweaked in the 2.0 update that really made it become more apparent. Shoulder Charge was always a bit dodgy, but that become 3x as noticeable after 2.0. That seems also when Arc Blade became crappy.

So unless it was just a byproduct on whatever SBMM they introduced (could be the most likely) which as a consequence overall messed with melee hit detection, I don't know what Bungie changed in 2.0 because there was nothing in the patch notes about melee.

Probably connection related which was introduced with the removal of CBMM and introduction of SBMM.

Something like Melee or projectiles are more sensitive to ping than a hitscan weapon. And sense the connection stuff hasn't been as great as it was during HoW, it'd make sense that melee related skills(IE Arcblade) have suffered more.

It's why 'fixing' arcblade is disingenuous, they would have to fix their connection stuff first.

Trials reskin armor:
DDU9Vn2.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about the reskin. . why not just add a shader?
It looks like someone added the glowhoo shader for the giggles and sprinkled some tan on it. It looks hideous.

Daemul

Red Death did 34 per bullet to the head, making it the faster-firing PR which could 2-burst kill.

Which I didn't like because it made the gun have to rely on all 6 bullets hitting the head to kill in two bursts, whilst before you had room to allow two shots to hit the body as you positioned yourself and the other four shots to hit the head and you would still get the two burst kill.

The change completely threw me off(the removal of the "Guardian Killer" tag didn't help) and it had a noticeable impact in PvE(enemies which I was previously killing in one burst now needed two bursts to kill) and my beloved gun has only deteriorated even more ever since, only coming into the spotlight with update 2.0 after every other weapon was nerfed to hell, and then it got nerfed itself lol. I've been salty about this for nearly a year and half now and it was one of the major reasons why I stopped playing the game for 3 months between TDB and HoW(Hard Crota was the other). Red Death, which I saw for the first time on the 31st of July 2014 in this video, convinced me to jump on the Destiny hype train after my reservations about the game, and it's now only a shadow of it's former self. :(

Matt Frost

Holy damn! It seems that Bungie listened to me and my continuous rant on their forums about reviving (the time, and both the shields for the revived and the one who revives), Warlocks, Icebreaker cheat and heavy ammo... damn, it seems like I was on the right track, time to get back on the forums and cry to nerf Warlocks even more. So incredibly happy!!! :D :D :D

Destiny is going to be fun again!

Picked up Animal Cross New Leaf as an anti-salt measure. I can think of nothing more relaxing than abiding in a little animal town.

I need to buy a house, right? Welp.

WVW69jFkscsA8yfKrr

lolwut. Open up, jerk! This is the freaking mayor!

Sigh. DGAF, I can't win.

icant.gif

Holy damn! It seems that Bungie listened to me and my continuous rant on their forums about reviving (the time, and both the shields for the revived and the one who revives), Warlocks, Icebreaker cheat and heavy ammo... damn, it seems like I was on the right track, time to get back on the forums and cry to nerf Warlocks even more. So incredibly happy!!! :D :D :D

Destiny is going to be fun again!
kbtV8zN.gif

You're going to rustle some feathers with that comment.

Wrong Thread

Nah.
Destiny is dead until next week aside from salty rants. DGAF is a community and one that I think can handle a joke about trying to escape salt given the number of Division or Dark Souls posts. Not asking for help in the game or anything like a discussion about AC. Just sharing a funny anecdote. I don't make a habit of off-topic posts.

X-Frame

With Heavy only spawning once per match now, I think I might as well only try and rush the enemy Heavy with Fist of Havoc as often as I can to deny them.

Also, an Armor of Light bubble on friendly Heavy would be a great idea as well. Basically, I wonder if everyone is going to be popping their supers now before the Heavy drops.

Mindlog

That's a good point up there.
The legendary mark cap is still too low. All the legendary marks I've wasted could actually be put to use next week, but the cap is too low to matter. Useless currency. Almost everything marks do is subverted with strange coins. The only reason legendary marks are midly interesting this time around is because Kiosk purchased exotics can finally infuse @ 100%.

LTWood12

Folks there are 4 pulse rifle archetypes. From highest impact to lowest:

1. Spare Change & Lyudmila; Impact of 30
2. Red Death, Nirwen's, Smite; Impact of 14
3. Hawksaw, The Villainy, PDX-45; impact of 7
4. Grasp of malok & Psi Alba; impact of 4

Ones at the top are the only ones mentioned today that are getting a buff.

psylah

Since the 3.50 update, I only get an error when trying to launch Destiny. CE-30012-6. Did this happen to anyone else?

Top Bottom