• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

LTWood12

I really miss there being amazing OP PvE weapons like Gjallarhorn & Ice Breaker to chase. Now the most exciting thing is seeing if the Gunsmith brings a weapon that happens to not have all garbage perks on it every Wednesday.

Literally that's the most exciting thing when it comes to weapons right now.

WipedOut

Hawkmoon + Voidwalker + Ram

The Dream. Thanks Bungie! <3

Hawkmoon + Nightstalker + Graviton + HC Gloves

I really miss there being amazing OP PvE weapons like Gjallarhorn & Ice Breaker to chase. Now the most exciting thing is seeing if the Gunsmith brings a weapon that happens to not have all garbage perks on it every Wednesday.

eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8xNjQ3NTQ2NTg1OTI1NTUwMDgvMTY3MzYwNDY2OTIwNjY5MTg1L0NhcHR1cmUuUE5HIn0.TvJHIZcMEXlWxC02QIiYCPftpO4.PNG

I remember being excited about chasing the class item exotics until I found out it would take hundreds of hours to level a faction rep to 25...

Revives - I am disappointed
Sniper Rifles - just got a bit worse IMO.
Shotguns - Awesome.
Heavy Changes - Good and Bad. Good Very bad Very VERY bad
Doctrine Nerf - RIP
MIDA - Seriously?
Suros - This could be a very viable option.

Overall - My enthusiasm to play the April update has gone from positive to...where's that Dark Souls 3 dawg?

Sniper AA and lack of flinch not getting adjusted is a bit sad. My Glass Prom just got nerfed hard, which is dumb. My Shortgaze/Snapshot Fast ROF is now dead, since every part of that got nerfed. Fusions getting a stability bonus is nice. Shotguns are a in a good place (in PvP). Heavy changes are good (in PvP). I hope HMG machine gun ammo go nerfed to hell in Crucible.

Revive changes are good with the exception of the timers. This is really going to push Trials to the extremes. It'll either be fullspeed rushdowns or overtime as everyone plays super-campy to get that first kill. Well, that and no more sprint revives sucks and is going to make revive sniping even more painful.

Special weapons needed nerf if Primary weapons weren't going back to Year 1 strengths. That said, nerfs are never fun.

Can't believe Stormlock melees aren't changed.
Can't believe Firebolt + Viking Funeral aren't being touched because it was too much work.
Can't believe that no weapons changes were really focused on PvE.
Can't believe when I find a gun (Doctrine) that makes me happy like Hopscotch it was nerfed. Again.

Oh wait. I can totally believe all those things.

On the whole though, it seems like there's enough good there to make me want to try it?

I cant believe I'm going to say this: Am I less salty than Ape?

They don't talk about glitching and exploits on stream, it will be in patch notes hopefully or stealth fixed with the update..

DeeJ retweeted someone complaining about it. It'll be fixed.

Also, no mention of why the Hic Jacet Flawless emblem is going away?

While some of these changes are steps in the right direction, it's becoming more apparent as time goes on that Bungie doesn't know the first thing about balancing this creation of theirs. This isn't Halo. It's not about simple things like AR vs BR, there's literally hundreds of weapons.

Bungie had made two kinds of changes with weapon balancing.

1) Half measures that don't get anywhere near fixing the problems that exist.

2) Nerf things too far and render them useless and remove any element of fun that was involved in using it.

It's like they recognize most of the problems but because of the way they programmed the game initially, they can't fix the problems without breaking everything. It makes me sad because I love this game so much but they continually fall drastically short of making impactful positive changes.

So, are they going to change the Crucible and Iron Banner bounties that rely on Heavy kills? I would hope so, but I've learned not to assume that they've thought these thing through.

LTWood12

Knew I shouldn't have dismantled all those Dealbreakers.

I did keep one w/ Army of One, Counter Balance, & Rifled Barrel though.

Looking forward to "Mentioned on stream, but not actually true" on the update. At least fusion rifles might be decent along with hawkmoon. Overall, I am neutral until the nastiness begins to appear.

While some of these changes are steps in the right direction, it's becoming more apparent as time goes on that Bungie doesn't know the first thing about balancing this creation of theirs. This isn't Halo. It's not about simple things like AR vs BR, there's literally hundreds of weapons.

Bungie had made two kinds of changes with weapon balancing.

1) Half measures that don't get anywhere near fixing the problems that exist.

2) Nerf things too far and render them useless and remove any element of fun that was involved in using it.

It's like they recognize most of the problems but because of the way they programmed the game initially, they can't fix the problems without breaking everything. It makes me sad because I love this game so much but they continually fall drastically short of making impactful positive changes.

I think their whole main problem with balancing is that they wont, or maybe they dont know how, seperate pvp and pve changes. The whole "we want your gaurdian to feel the same in every mode", is whats hurting them the most. I think along with dedicated servers, seperating pve and pvp balance should be their biggest thing they shou;d work on for Destiny 2.

Voidwalker shall reign supreme.

I do wish they would sort out the hit detection for the Titan shoulder charge and the damage it does. I had a damn flimsy hunter survive a shoulder charge a few times. Frustrating.

Nothing is more frustrating and confusing than hearing that sweet shoulder on guardian sound effect, only to realize nothing actually happened, and then you fall over dead from a melee...

Top Bottom