• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WeTeHa

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty salty about some of those changes.

The way TLW was nerfed sucks big time.
Doctrine archetype nerf was expected, but that nerf seemed harsh.
The sniper rifle ammo nerf + 1kys ammo nerf is incredibly stupid and hurts pve players MUCH more than pvp players.
No firebolt nerf? LOL.
We still need details on the scorch melee+overshield nerf, but I remember them saying it doesn't proc as often... Does that mean you have a chance to get an overshield? Incredibly stupid, if true. Just change it to overshield on kill to match the defender titan melee attack and you're good.

The second dude talking about how stuff should feel the same whether you use it in pvp or pve ... sure. I agree 100%. Radius of grenades should be consistent. Reload speed, aiming etc all should feel the same.
But in what way does the max ammo cap affect the way the gun feels?
Let me carry my 24 rounds with sniper rifle boots and chest in pve and nerf that shit into the ground pvp, I don't care. This applies to other stuff as well.
Why do you think I went out of my way to find sniper rifle boots/chest with INT/DISC and DISC/STR? Because constantly running out of ammo sucks incredibly hard.

Ice breaker ammo change is a good change. But what about sidearms? What about invective? Also lol @ Dregs Promise. Feels like the smart pistol from Titanfall, which was ridiculous.

Goddamn bungie, stop fucking over pve players because of pvp, is that so much to ask?

Yep with sniping shotguns as a secondary and rockets with grenades and horseshoes.

We must have played different versions of crucible then. Hawkmoon, Thorn, TLW and Slow ROF pulses were all that dominated in the primary slot. Evreything else sucked...

The biggest difference was that atleast it was fun. Using those weapons felt fun.

Now it's just a case that every gun feels boring and shit, and that we're using weapons not because they're fun, but because it's the 'optimal' thing to use.

Yeee-Hawwww

I got one!
actually 2

sbM0qsm.png

I will say the global buff to fusion rifles seems very interesting. From what I could tell from the stream, they might actually reclaim their Dark Below status. Being a little optimistic here, but they really did look good.

Trakan

Ice breaker ammo change is a good change. But what about sidearms? What about invective? Also lol @ Dregs Promise. Feels like the smart pistol from Titanfall, which was ridiculous.

They did say you'd lose ammo switching from a sidearm now, but didn't mention Invective. I'd imagine if they fixed Icebreaker they fixed Invective though.

Thorn
Hawkmoon
Last Word
Messenger
Spare Change
Red Death
No Land Beyond

Is still way more than

Last Word
MIDA
Nirwen
PDX-45
Grasp
Hawksaw
Doctorine

fixed since you broke down all the slow ROF pulses so i added all the high ROF pulses

Now with this update looks like Suros and other slow ROF autos, slow ROF pulses, and Hawkmoon are being buffed so it could open up crucible even more.

edit:

The biggest difference was that atleast it was fun. Using those weapons felt fun.

Now it's just a case that every gun feels boring and shit, and that we're using weapons not because they're fun, but because it's the 'optimal' thing to use.

To each their own. I enjoy using pulses and Scouts in PvP. Yah handcannons are super fun too but being a big fan of the Halo BR, i love pulses.

stay gold

Pretty happy with the changes overall. Would have liked to see Hand Cannon bloom addressed, but if Hawkmoon just gets it's 2.0 range back it should be awesome.

Suros looked great.

Arrrammis

Yeee-Hawwww

I got one!
actually 2

Aww, seeing the combined arms in the corner made me sad for how awesome that mode is. It shouldn't be mixed in to the regular playlist too often, but the larger maps and different tactics (you have turrets and vehicles as well as all of the normal stuff) made it incredibly fun. Running around a match using your sparrow as your main weapon and getting second on your team from roadkills is still so hilarious!

SpecX

I'm with you on having more fun in PvP. I loved HC ever since I played Destiny in the beta days and it hurt me deeply to lose my Hawkmoon. I would love HoW PvP back minus the shotguns if they went back that direction.

Yeah hopefully Hawkmoon is fun again, I'll just use it all the time.

Who will nova bomb a wall then?

Hawkmoon is going to be super fun paired with my firebolts, its gonna be amazing! I dont know what people are angry about tbh.

When I'm getting tired and need to run a class that requires less skill and that you can play on autopilot, I'll go to the VoidLock and nova bomb some traffic signs :p

X-Frame

I'm very happy that Thorn isn't going to feel any different and that the DoT and screen effects were nerfed. As a user, I just like how Thorn feels and couldn't care less about the DoT effects. Now it will be less frustrating for the recipient.

Hawkmoon, also curious how much the range was boosted by. If they brought it back up 50% of what they cut in December that should be great.

Lastly, for now, my heart sunk in my chest when they got to MIDA and started talking about how they were going to adjust it based on its popularity. My fear was becoming a reality .. However the "nerf" is quite insignificant IMO. I know HCR do something in PvP but I can't imagine they're that noticeable now.

Jafku

The Thing that gets me is that they said that subclasses were going under the knife. Now I don't know what that means to you but I assumed there were going to be changes for all subclasses. They only focused on warlocks

The Thing that gets me is that they said that subclasses were going under the knife. Now I don't know what that means to you but I assumed there were going to be changes for all subclasses. They only focused on warlocks

Maybe in the patch notes we will see changes to other subclasses?

Revives - I am disappointed with the timer changes. I know some folks will be happy. On certain maps, like Frontier, a longer timer will actually be a good thing for teams that get the first kill. Overall, I'm not sure it was actually needed.

Sniper Rifles - These changes will only further encourage long distant hard scoping. Yeah, you might have fixed the "Battle Rifle" but people will do what it takes to win. Larger maps with sniper lanes just got a bit worse IMO.

Shotguns - Nerfed without actually getting nerfed. Awesome.

Heavy Changes - Good and Bad. Good if you get the heavy and deny. Very bad if you don't Very VERY bad if you don't now.

Doctrine Nerf - RIP a gun I used because it was fun

MIDA - Seriously? It will continue to be a viable threat and used a lot. I guess I should learn to use it.

Suros - This could be a very viable option in Trials with the health regen. Plus the range just kills PRs.

Overall - My enthusiasm to play the April update has gone from positive to...where's that Dark Souls 3 dawg?

Edit: An no Nerfs to Nightstalkers or talk of fixing their shade step glitch...That's freaking dumb.

And this

CU_JRI7WEAATg0g.png

Overall i'm pretty happy but that could be because Warlocks survived the cull, will have to see how it plays out next week
My Messenger is coming out to play. "Hello darkness my old friend."
Yeah, I'm surprised they didn't address the shadestep glitch. Perhaps it's more difficult to latch out?
Mine; not sure why I saved it but now I'm glad I did.

VPVB1dF.jpg
That stability on a high impact pulse is absolutely disgusting holy shit. If you had counter balance to neutralize that shitty recoil pattern of the Spare Change I'd be jealous.

Frenden

Banned
Hawkmoon is going to be super fun paired with my firebolts, its gonna be amazing! I dont know what people are angry about tbh.

When I'm getting tired and need to run a class that requires less skill and that you can play on autopilot, I'll go to the VoidLock and nova bomb some traffic signs :p

Are you seriously saying Voidwalkers are more auto-pilot than Sunbros? Wow.

Revives - I am disappointed with the timer changes. I know some folks will be happy. On certain maps, like Frontier, a longer timer will actually be a good thing for teams that get the first kill. Overall, I'm not sure it was actually needed.

Sniper Rifles - These changes will only further encourage long distant hard scoping. Yeah, you might have fixed the "Battle Rifle" but people will do what it takes to win. Larger maps with sniper lanes just got a bit worse IMO.

Heavy Changes - Good and Bad. Good if you get the heavy and deny. Very bad if you don't Very VERY bad if you don't now.

MIDA - Seriously? It will continue to be a viable threat and used a lot. I guess I should learn to use it.

Suros - This could be a very viable option in Trials with the health regen. Plus the range just kills PRs.

Overall - My enthusiasm to play the April update has gone from positive to...where's that Dark Souls 3 dawg?

Edit: An no Nerfs to Nightstalkers or talk of fixing their shade step glitch...That's freaking dumb.
I wholly agree with your sentiments about heavy; people who push the enemy heavy with super and succeed will have royally screwed the other team over.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm fine with the changes. Grasp will still put in work, changes won't affect my sniping. Also I have a spare change with counterbalance, rifled barrel, etc.

Rip TLW, Mida, Warlocks.

I was fine with how Mida was except for the fact it also boosts your agility. I think that perk alone is more bs than anything else it has.

Namikaze1

Dear past me,

I'm about to log in to Destiny to check something. I swear to god if you dismantled that one pulse rifle, I will find a way to go back in time and punch you in the dick.

Edit: oh thank god you kept it.

Lnkn52

I'm fine with the changes. Grasp will still put in work, changes won't affect my sniping. Also I have a spare change with counterbalance, rifled barrel, etc.

Rip TLW, Mida, Warlocks.

I was fine with how Mida was except for the fact it also boosts your agility. I think that perk alone is more bs than anything else it has.

That perk is the main reason I use it. It makes playing on a Warlock less floaty. Without it, it's just another boring gun.

WipedOut

Don't play Trials so whatev.

Fucked over PVE Players more so with the 1K ammo Nerf.

They didn't even mention Shotguns, I'm scared as a shotgun player. Hello Fusion Rifles?

Mad about the changes to PVE Heavy Ammo and Terminus changes more than anything.

But is it really? I will hold out judgement on this. They kept saying just a little, so still might be fun, just maybe not for trials.

Word. My go to before Trucker Law

Hope it's Similar to Pre Y1 Patch. That gun was the Gawd!

I'm still looking forward to it.

Responses in bold. Overall not too bad, not as salty as I thought I would be.

Rip TLW, Mida, Warlocks.

It made me feel like I wasn't waist deep in water on my Warlock though :p

embalm

Most of those seem like really good changes.

Sunsinger got nerfed, but kept the only thing that makes them worth playing.
Stormcaller got steam rolled.

TLW change is great. It removes a completely random 2 shot mechanic. The number of times the 2 head shot hip fire happens is so rare that this could have gone unnoticed for a long while.

I love the special ammo changes for pvp.
Who is seriously worried about the ammo reserves in PvE? Swap around your weapons and do some ammo sweeps. Golg is the only boss that I can imagine running dry on ammo with and even then only if you use more than 1 orb.

I'm iffy on the sniper changes. It sounds like a lot to adjust too, but nothing some more practice can't help with. I'm hoping the weaker revive shield means more guns can res snipe.
I don't care about 1kys being targeted, it's obvious that it had too much going for it.

I love the Fusion changes. It's like they just added an all new special weapon to the game!

Top Bottom