• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

LTWood12

This is a great thing in theory. In practice I've had to leave too many missions because it paired me up with a bunch of vitas.

FTFY

edit: top of page vita control scheme
Mgc1JdXl.jpg

Well, I didn't bite on the Division. I watched hours and hours of streams, and and it just didn't click for me. Sooooooooooo

I spent the weekend taking my Warlock from lvl 25- 40 and his light up to 305.

Question because because its been so long. My Titian is 319 light!

At light 305 what do I spend my time doing?
yeah played both beta thought the game was alright. Bought and reach level 30 in the final game, it's a lot funnier than I thought when I play tho the game with friends.!But as mention below vvv end game is just a loot hunt.

I've reached Division's End Game and it's exactly what I thought. Once you beat all the story missions, there are 3 dailies, which are 3 of those story missions that earn you the end game credit, like Legendary Marks. Nothing much else to do now except wait for new content. I can get the highest end drops but no purpose for them really ATM. I can turn into a casual now (until new content is released next month).

I'm down to run a card of Trials in about 2-3 hours.
yeah prob get a few exotics gold/yellow/ high end weapons and stop playing till the dlc

X-Frame

Why, exactly, did anyone think it would be any different?

The new content is one raid.

As for the Division... In the next update is one raid and a new gear system that is similar to the Light system of Destiny. As well as three DLCs in one year compared to one (yeah, still shocked, not used to this xD)... Also, leveling the Dark Zone to level 50 is also people tend to forget. And there are two daily Challenging missions (think of it as two Nightfalls per day with a guaranteed exotic) that take hours to complete. Also, two Hard dailies that are cakewalk in comparisson. There will be more end game content than Destiny as of now (Y1 was different)

Did they say next month's "Incusion" is like a Destiny raid or is it more like a Strike?

I've reached Division's End Game and it's exactly what I thought. Once you beat all the story missions, there are 3 dailies, which are 3 of those story missions that earn you the end game credit, like Legendary Marks. Nothing much else to do now except wait for new content. I can get the highest end drops but no purpose for them really ATM. I can turn into a casual now (until new content is released next month).

I'm down to run a card of Trials in about 2-3 hours.

Yeah I figured that the Division wouldn't be great on endgame content, and having hit endgame I'd say I'm correct. Not having dedicated PvP hurts it. The daily challenge missions from what I've seen are shitty in their difficulty. To put it in Destiny terms imagine doing a strike where the entire strike is in a darkness zone, and all of the enemies are yellow bars with shields that are at a higher level than max player level. The difficulty just feels cheap and boring because every encounter is a war of attrition against super spongy enemies. I'd much rather the difficulty be drawn from enemy numbers, aggressiveness, smartness, or something. I'll probably spend some time in the dark zone for the next couple weeks though while waiting for the encounter update and DS3.

Well guys. I bit the bullet and got the division. All i can say is that i hope new destiny content is comming soon. I have no desire to.play end game and it really sucks playing solo.

But it has matchmaking you say?
The most convoluted mm ever you mean.

I go to a mission i want to do. Click to matchmake. Its spins for about 5 minutes and then says an agent joined my team! Nice

Where are they?
I can't seem to find them. I wait for them to load in or something. Nope. They just aint there.

Another thing is side mission grinding to just get high enough in level for the next mission.

Destinys systems are so much better

Deku Tree

This is a great thing in theory. In practice I've had to leave too many missions because it paired me up with a bunch of potatoes.

That happens in MM in every game. But all the same having options = GOOD.

Well guys. I bit the bullet and got the division. All i can say is that i hope new destiny content is comming soon. I have no desire to.play end game and it really sucks playing solo.

I go to a mission i want to do. Click to matchmake. Its spins for about 5 minutes and then says an agent joined my team! Nice

Where are they?
I can't seem to find them. I wait for them to load in or something. Nope. They just aint there.

Another thing is side mission grinding to just get high enough in level for the next mission.

Best way to MM in the division: Start a mission solo and open your party up to be public and people will quickly MM into your team.

phen0m24

Does the Bond or the Chest change the cloak?

Wait, what? On a warlock the chest piece "is" the cloak. Maybe I misinterpreted your question.

My favorite warlock chest piece/coat thing is Voidfang. I think it has a really nice look.

Shaders change it which is nice.

Bonds changing the look of other pieces? Not sure I follow.

WipedOut

No, he unequivocally stated he isn't getting it. So I got it anyway.

Let's play some Division Brah!, I'll even accept you on the Vita.

BTW, will my services be needed tomorrow night for the Raid?

That happens in MM in every game. But all the same having options = GOOD.
I agree, just stating my experience with it has been sub par.

LTWood12

Let's play some Division Brah!, I'll even accept you on the Vita.

BTW, will my services be needed tomorrow night for the Raid?

I agree, just stating my experience with it has been sub par.

ha, sounds good. standby as far as the raid. I'll get a headcount. There's really nothing I need from WP challenge, so if we're full you can have my spot and I'll hang out in the party chat.

Ah, cool. Let me know if you want to play sometime this week. I'm taking it slow, currently at level 14.

For sure. I've just unlocked the base of operations and I'm level 4. So basically just getting started. I'm playing MGSV right now too, so it's going to be a slow burn for sure.

WipedOut

ha, sounds good. standby as far as the raid. I'll get a headcount. There's really nothing I need from WP challenge, so if we're full you can have my spot and I'll hang out in the party chat.

I don't need anything from WP either, just if I'm going to run it, it would only be because you guys need someone, otherwise, back to Division I go. Either way I'll probably pop in and talk shit, oh and have you guys let me jump in and grab the Pistons Chest.\

Ah, cool. Let me know if you want to play sometime this week. I'm taking it slow, currently at level 14.

Looks like we are still at the same place in the game, hit me up if you're going to be online tonight.

D_psipher

Where are they?

The same thing was happening to me as well. But there was something I did not notice until a couple of MM. An option to join someone else session prompts you to push R3. So you can wait for someone to join you or join someone else.

LTWood12

I don't need anything from WP either, just if I'm going to run it, it would only be because you guys need someone, otherwise, back to Division I go. Either way I'll probably pop in and talk shit, oh and have you guys let me jump in and grab the Pistons Chest.

Groovy.

It seems that way, but I don't know. Bungie couldn't even be bothered to add the PS exclusive maps into IB or strikes into PS NFs.

I bet you anything this was a conscious decision by the team because they didn't want the numbers to mess with some metrics or something stupid.

Plus, this actually leads more to what I was saying before about Bungie moving away from maps/strikes as exclusive content, and instead using gear. Thus, Bungie doesn't ever have to make console specific exceptions for matchmaking, and can just make everything once/globally.

Trakan

I bet you anything this was a conscious decision by the team because they didn't want the numbers to mess with some metrics or something stupid.

Plus, this actually leads more to what I was saying before about Bungie moving away from maps/strikes as exclusive content, and instead using gear. Thus, Bungie doesn't ever have to make console specific exceptions for matchmaking, and can just make everything once/globally.

How are they moving away from it when their last expansion featured both an exclusive map and strike?

Nerokis

I've been getting the urge to jump back into Destiny. After getting bored with the pre-raid grind, I decided to move on to other things, but man...this game does so much so well. Love the core gameplay, the aesthetic, and the setting. I'm almost impressed that I'm feeling this pull again, because it shows how art and design can triumph over content. It will all be the same stuff when I go back, but I want to shoot those guns and make heads explode. And hear some of the boss music.

So my one hope is this: Taken King took a year to make with the team split between that & TDB/HoW. This year there've been no expansions or anything other than so pitiful Microtranscation event. I know they were cranking hard on the sequel, but hopefully we'll get something at least as good as Taken King and better post-launch support. Because post-launch material can't be built post-launch as this year plainly demonstrates.

I don't want to encourage more time-gating, but how great would the Taken War be as a monthly quest? Like each month a new planet. Ending about now with Fear's Embrace?

Cynically, well, we have 2 years of Bungie just dumping the game at launch and practically setting it on auto-pilot...

Wait, what? On a warlock the chest piece "is" the cloak. Maybe I misinterpreted your question.

My favorite warlock chest piece/coat thing is Voidfang. I think it has a really nice look.

Shaders change it which is nice.

Bonds changing the look of other pieces? Not sure I follow.

You answered. I wanted to know what piece changes the cloak.

So my one hope is this: Taken King took a year to make with the team split between that & TDB/HoW. This year there've been no expansions or anything other than so pitiful Microtranscation event. I know they were cranking hard on the sequel, but hopefully we'll get something at least as good as Taken King and better post-launch support. Because post-launch material can't be built post-launch as this year plainly demonstrates.

I don't want to encourage more time-gating, but how great would the Taken War be as a monthly quest? Like each month a new planet. Ending about now with Fear's Embrace?

Cynically, well, we have 2 years of Bungie just dumping the game at launch and practically setting it on auto-pilot...
If the info from Kotaku is correct then they need a major tool upgrade in order to put out the sort of volume of quality content the playerbase expects. Let's hope for Destiny 2.

TTK took over a year to make and as good as the dreadnaught is, it's a pretty small destination really. I don't think King's Fall is actually that much smaller in terms of area.

Trakan

It's crazy how Bungie did originally have a PVE event set up to come around as often as IB with Queen's Wrath, but just completely ditched it. The Supremacy was the only Queen weapon ever offered.

It's crazy how Bungie did originally have a PVE event set up to come around as often as IB with Queen's Wrath, but just completely ditched it. The Supremacy was the only Queen weapon ever offered.

Ah yes. I remember it well. They did the event once, everyone laughed at how bad it was, and then Bungie took their ball and went home.

...then they patched the ball back in but not the event.

Well, it's sad that they haven't been able to come up with a viable alternative, but not crazy that they ditched Queen's Wrath. "Grind some missions for a ticket so you can run a normal version of a story mission and cross your fingers for a drop" definitely didn't work.

Trakan

Well, it's sad that they haven't been able to come up with a viable alternative, but not crazy that they ditched Queen's Wrath. "Grind some missions for a ticket so you can run a normal version of a story mission and cross your fingers for a drop" definitely didn't work.

I loved the event at the time. Dismantling gear got a crazy amount of shards, the gear itself was great for alts, and the Supremacy was an amazing weapon.

It's funny, because if they offered it today people would eat it up.

The same thing was happening to me as well. But there was something I did not notice until a couple of MM. An option to join someone else session prompts you to push R3. So you can wait for someone to join you or join someone else.

Does it teleport you to thier location?

Ive joined friends games and it loads me in so far away sometimes

I'm talking about how this winter we got Iron Banner exclusive gear and drops.

Actually, that's not necessarily any sort of indicator. It was probably just a stopgap solution - the agreement with Sony likely
calls for Playstation exclusive DLC content since both TDB and HoW had it. The Iron Banner gear was probably just seen as a way to meet this winter's requirement since there was no more substantial content to be offered.

Trakan

Actually, that's not necessarily any sort of indicator. It was probably just a stopgap solution - the agreement with Sony likely
calls for Playstation exclusive DLC content since both TDB and HoW had it. The Iron Banner gear was probably just seen as a way to meet this winter's requirement since there was no more substantial content to be offered.

I agree, wouldn't be surprised to see more in the Spring update to make up for the lack of an expansion 2.

Frenden

Banned
Re: matchmaking, I did a three hour long challenge mission with a team of randoms that was as hard as (I might even dare to say harder than) anything I've done in Destiny. Worst case, matchmaking allows you opportunities to get familiar with the mechanics of a level (strike, raid) for when you do have a chance to run it with pals.

I used to be anti-matchmaking, but doing it in the Division has changed my mind. Three days at max level and here is my haul, ALL with randoms:

Cdgc5mSVAAEbhem.jpg

When I join games in MM I press the R3 or L3 to join the game and eventually another prompt comes up to teleport to the mission.

You can also just go to map, select a player, and manually fast travel to them.

SpecX

Going to be going to Ireland next week and wondering if it's worth me bringing my PS4 along to play Destiny or is remote play with a Vita good enough? Just looking to login and casually knockout the daily missions and see Xur.

Going to be going to Ireland next week and wondering if it's worth me bringing my PS4 along to play Destiny or is remote play with a Vita good enough? Just looking to login and casually knockout the daily missions and see Xur.
Probably be a lot easier for you to just bring your vita

LTWood12

Re: matchmaking, I did a three hour long challenge mission with a team of randoms that was as hard as (I might even dare to say harder than) anything I've done in Destiny. Worst case, matchmaking allows you opportunities to get familiar with the mechanics of a level (strike, raid) for when you do have a chance to run it with pals.

I used to be anti-matchmaking, but doing it in the Division has changed my mind. Three days at max level and here is my haul, ALL with randoms:

Cdgc5mSVAAEbhem.jpg

Are there mechanics to any of these fights? I just can't imagine running Skolas, Crota, etc. w/ random matchmade teammates who may or may not have a mic, not to mention the right gear.

Frenden

Banned
Are there mechanics to any of these fights? I just can't imagine running Skolas, Crota, etc. w/ random matchmade teammates who may or may not have a mic, not to mention the right gear.
Lighter mechanics, but more coordinated teamplay as far as kiting enemies, timing buffs, and doling out heals.

It's a more grueling firefight than most in Destiny with lighter mechanics (which I find more fun anyhow).

WeTeHa

they should make that emblem obtainable by defeating someone who has the emblem. Like rockstar did with that trophy in RDR. Not just people from bungie.

When you actually matchmake them (which I never will on my own, because I'm from europe) you have to play against managator and hovey? Right, "bungie" bounty. What the hell is this.

LTWood12

Lighter mechanics, but more coordinated teamplay as far as kiting enemies, timing buffs, and doling out heals.

It's a more grueling firefight than most in Destiny with lighter mechanics (which I find more fun anyhow).

Interesting. Guess I need to hit level 30 and see for myself.

Frenden

Banned
Interesting. Guess I need to hit level 30 and see for myself.
The three hour DC from yesterday required drawing aggro, focus firing rushers, timing crit and defense buffs, and a shitload of teamwork.

It was the most fun I've had with a game in years.

Top Bottom