• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

CJ Cowan left Bungie. :/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-creative-lead-and-13-year-bungie-veteran-l/1100-6438604/

CJ's been there since 2003 and was recently on the March stream show they did with two of the voice actresses.

Bummer! More longtime Bungie folks departing.

In November 2015, he took on the role of Destiny's story creative lead, a position he held until leaving Bungie this month.​

That is a very short time, which includes the decision to delay Destiny 2.

Arrrammis

I want First Light back. :(

First light, Bastion and Skyshock. The most interesting and fun maps in the game IMO, close range areas as well as huge open plains, neither of the spawns have a ridiculous advantage over the other, and you can flank around the maps being far enough away that you don't show up on the radar. Plus, Sparrows!

ocean

Banned
Cauldron, Anomaly, Shrine, Shores, Delphi, Asylum, Pantheon, Rusted Lands and Exodus Blue.

Every other map can go bye bye tbh, make them rare

Dez_

Holy hell I absolutely cannot use The Last Word at all! Attempting to do this dumb Chaperone quest is so frustrating. Going to take the advice I heard earlier and only equip this when the heavy's out.

Finnala's Peril with rifled barrel, range finder and hidden hand though... that gun's alright!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Or the couple of times where I accidentally brought us into regular control and we couldn't figure out why we're playing with level 29s and people with year one stuff.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why does Bungie have such a hard on for balancing both PvE and PvP mode

I just want an explanation why both modes have to play off each other
Why does the TTK need to be prolonged for in PvE, what is the purpose when rewards are shit tier

Can they not just say when you enter the Crucible Lord Shaxxy Waxxy has imbued Guardian Privilege to said Legends
Do all those nerfs and buffs there
PvE gets the side effects for no purpose just to add frustration

God this game from when it came online to what is today is just pure homogenization of each aspect that players themselves tailored to enjoy the damn game
You gave us these uber weapons, we chased and used them appropriately. Yes balancing is a given, but why does a PvP related quirks should effect PvE
Game never adjusts to balance rewards and nerfs to make the community say OK we'll take your shit cause at least it came as a sandwich

Bump the TTK (time to kill), but rewards have to fucking match
Why put myself through 10 minutes added on to certain aspects now, when rewards NEVER EVER FUCKING CHANGE!
Nightfall should be an asset, not a deterrence of taking time out to finish yet rewarded horrible items because somehow giving lucrative powerful items may make the game FUN, OH THE FUCKING HORROR!

Seriously reward the player, streamline your economy, balance separately
Jesus they treat players like the game has to maintain a presence of prestige or players would leave, which most people have

All 3 updates have been piss poor, nothing is set, all just fluff and showing they still remember they have to keep this game running

Nah.
Destiny is dead until next week aside from salty rants. DGAF is a community and one that I think can handle a joke about trying to escape salt given the number of Division or Dark Souls posts. Not asking for help in the game or anything like a discussion about AC. Just sharing a funny anecdote. I don't make a habit of off-topic posts.
Something something something dark souls <3
:)

Factions mostly edged out, ready for next week a little early.

Not loving my lyudmila that much though. Its going to take some getting used to, and some pulse rifle reload gloves.

Will see how big that buff is and if it's worth going back to a pulse.

They're going to hurt PvE. :(
gKjowfk.gif

No comment....it's like *shugs* Mind as well except the fact that they can't separate the two...

gKjowfk.gif

No comment....it's like *shugs* Mind as well except the fact that they can't separate the two...
Apparently they can separate the two but they said their philosophy is to keep the changes as close to 1/1 as possible.

We wouldn't be able to comprehend it all if they tweaked them separately.

IJF09VR.jpg

Manp

Why does Bungie have such a hard on for balancing both PvE and PvP mode

I just want an explanation why both modes have to play off each other
Why does the TTK need to be prolonged for in PvE, what is the purpose when rewards are shit tier

Can they not just say when you enter the Crucible Lord Shaxxy Waxxy has imbued Guardian Privilege to said Legends
Do all those nerfs and buffs there
PvE gets the side effects for no purpose just to add frustration

God this game from when it came online to what is today is just pure homogenization of each aspect that players themselves tailored to enjoy the damn game
You gave us these uber weapons, we chased and used them appropriately. Yes balancing is a given, but why does a PvP related quirks should effect PvE
Game never adjusts to balance rewards and nerfs to make the community say OK we'll take your shit cause at least it came as a sandwich

Bump the TTK (time to kill), but rewards have to fucking match
Why put myself through 10 minutes added on to certain aspects now, when rewards NEVER EVER FUCKING CHANGE!
Nightfall should be an asset, not a deterrence of taking time out to finish yet rewarded horrible items because somehow giving lucrative powerful items may make the game FUN, OH THE FUCKING HORROR!

Seriously reward the player, streamline your economy, balance separately
Jesus they treat players like the game has to maintain a presence of prestige or players would leave, which most people have

All 3 updates have been piss poor, nothing is set, all just fluff and showing they still remember they have to keep this game running

spot on

WeTeHa

After sleeping sbout it for one night, I have to say I can live with most of the changes. Some are great, some are "eh" and some suck.

I'm only really salty about the special ammo reduction in pve and the fact that they refuse to balance pvp and pve separately.
which is stupid

Apparently they can separate the two but they said their philosophy is to keep the changes as close to 1/1 as possible.

We wouldn't be able to comprehend it all if they tweaked them separately.

IJF09VR.jpg
We should rename Destiny to Bungie's Daycare. Cause apparently we need our hands held or something....&#128530;

In case no one saw it, there's server maintenance from 8-1PST/4-9GMT today

Edit and calling it now but the New Monarch Antinomy XVI will be the new sniping meta, 69 AA and a low zoom scope thats not going to be nerfed,

ocean

Banned

Edit and calling it now but the New Monarch Antinomy XVI will be the new sniping meta, 69 AA and a low zoom scope thats not going to be nerfed,
It handles so beautifully, I love that thing

maomaoIYP

I have one with braced frame, it's beautiful. Braced frame on snipers do not reduce magazine ammo.

X-Frame

Isn't this the same archetype as the Tamar-D available from the Gunsmith right now? I might pick 2 orders up then.

Is shortgaze being nerfed?

Anc can that sniper revive snipe?

I would hate having my guns or abilities feel different in PvE and PvP but maybe that's just me.

Personally, I don't see what's wrong with weapons and armor designed to work exclusively in PvP or PvE.

Like, Thorn when Vanilla launched was a strictly PvP weapon. That was okay. Not every weapon has to be good in every aspect of the game.

Make it so certain perks are associated strictly with either PvP or PvE.

This is already done to an extent. For instance, I see Purifier Robes as a mostly PvE item. PvE enemies love to swarm your ghost when you die, so it makes sense that you want a self rez to actually work instead of getting up and getting shot to death instantly. Using Purifier Robes in PvP can be done, but it's extremely situational, and you could easily go a whole game without getting to use it.

Mold the weapon archetypes so that they lean one way or the other, and then when when weapon balance comes around, you can more easily touch the PvP favored weapons without damaging the PvE ones.

For instance, Primary weapons having large reserve ammo would be a more PvE thing. Weapons having more stabilty when airborne in a PvP thing.

More super energy when killing minions of the darkness is obviously already a PvE only thing, but lets use that elsewhere.

More super energy when killing Guardians in the Crucible with a Grenade, could be an easy PvP perk. This kind of perk also lends itself to synergy very easily.

I mean, obviously there will be some outliers, and you'll see someone in the crucible with a weapon thats more suited for PvE, and that's fine, but the fact is, those monstrous PvP favored weapons could now be balanced without pissing off the the part of the population that doesn't even touch crucible.

Anyway... don't mind me

My biggest problem is Bungie's communication. It's been 6 months since they've talked about anything substantial.

If a dev team of 500 can't keep their current game relevant while also designing their upcoming game, then every Destiny release will suffer the same fate of droughts that Destiny 1 has had.

Destiny is not a living breathing dynamic world. It's a weekly grind of the same stuff. And that's fine if you like that stuff, but Bungie need to be honest about Destiny 2 and communicate with us throughout the games life. Starting from the reveal all the way up to its last breath.

My biggest problem is Bungie's communication. It's been 6 months since they've talked about anything substantial.

If a dev team of 500 can't keep their current game relevant while also designing their upcoming game, then every Destiny release will suffer the same fate of droughts that Destiny 1 has had.

Destiny is not a living breathing dynamic world. It's a weekly grind of the same stuff. And that's fine if you like that stuff, but Bungie need to be honest about Destiny 2 and communicate with us throughout the games life. Starting from the reveal all the way up to its last breath.

I give them a pass on this one because mid stride they totally redesigned their release plans.

Destiny 2017 will likely have a better post launch release schedule since it will be built in from the ground up.

Bungie never had content past taken king ready to go, Or if they did, they knew it wasn't enough, so the packed more of it together to save for the expansion later this year.

X-Frame

Yes.

And not currently. We don't know the new revive shield strength yet.

From a Reddit post I saw last night but I can't seem to find anymore, someone seemed to calculate it was reduced from 100 HP overshield down to 50 HP. Not confirmed of course, but his conclusion was that now the next Impact tier of snipers below 1KYS will now be able to revive-snipe.

E92 M3

John and many others had it right, this update is just Bungie trying to do the least possible in keeping us happy. A lot of the staff is working on the Fall/sequel release. They don't know what they are doing with PVP/PVE and just ruining guns across the board.

How stupid is it to nerf the ammo of the best raid weapon? They justify it that in the crucible it has too much. And then they talk about their dumb illogical philosophy.

At 6 years I could have told you that PVE and PVP are two different things completely and can't share the same balancing logic. That's the one thing that pisses me off the most - they keep making changes for the worst. We do have nice microtransactions, though.

--

Saw this just now:

Destiny creative lead and 13-year vet leaves Bungie

Isn't this the same archetype as the Tamar-D available from the Gunsmith right now? I might pick 2 orders up then.

Good spot, they're more or less the same apart from the Tamar has better equip speed and recoil direction. I'm going to order as many as possible and hold on for a Scout, Take a knee (broken perk), FF and QuickDraw and a surplus, counterbalance one

Antinomy http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/2666891171
Tamar http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/3629543170

Is shortgaze being nerfed?

Anc can that sniper revive snipe?

ShortGaze, Longview SLR10 and Ambush are being pushed out. It should be able to revive snipe otherwise the rez shield changes are useless (it sits in the middle impact category of 22, 1000yd is 31)

Holy hell I absolutely cannot use The Last Word at all! Attempting to do this dumb Chaperone quest is so frustrating. Going to take the advice I heard earlier and only equip this when the heavy's out.

Finnala's Peril with rifled barrel, range finder and hidden hand though... that gun's alright!
The key is to not use last word.you just need it equipped. Go to rift and rely on secondary and heavy for your kills.if u can maintain ur k/d above 1.0 u shld be done in no time

After sleeping sbout it for one night, I have to say I can live with most of the changes. Some are great, some are "eh" and some suck.

I'm only really salty about the special ammo reduction in pve and the fact that they refuse to balance pvp and pve separately.
which is stupid
Its probably cause they use the same code for both .since destiny 2 is next year,sperating both will be too much work and hence...

Top Bottom