• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Really? This is the kind of stuff going on since I set the game aside? God dammit.

The quasi death threats from BreezyLimbo ("i'm not saying DeeJ should be killed, just that he should be 'first up against the wall'!") were a real low point in the history of OPs here.

People like BreezyLimbo demanding open and honest communication and transparency from Bungie while simultaneously going on multiple profanity-laced meltdowns a day is like a guy with a gun to your head telling you that you can "speak freely."

Not surprised Luke stopped posting here, either.

Toddler

Finally got time to view the stream from yesterday... as someone who never uses snipers and mainly plays IB the new ammo timer seems like it will be much less fun.

If I can start with special ammo each time I die, I think I can keep at least a few rounds in my shotgun till the next crate arrives, so I'm staying open mined till I get to play it out before I decide to cry about it, but I don't feel the heavy ammo needed changing much.

I'd say I pick up heavy ammo maybe half the time it's available (maybe a little more than half), and those are usually the only times I can get a decent streak going.

If I could change it, or if it has to be reduced to 1 heavy crate per round, I'd like for ammo to be available to the entire team: if a member of Alpha claims a crate, everyone on Alpha can run over and grab a clip, same for Bravo. Or maybe expand the proximity, if possible. I wouldn't mind if they went back to only 2 heavy drops per round, since most rounds I play seem to get it 3 times now.

Either way, I don't think they're done tinkering with ammo drops. If it sucks bad enough for everyone, I'm sure they'll fix it back real quick like the last time they tried to fix special ammo....

The quasi death threats from BreezyLimbo ("i'm not saying DeeJ should be killed, just that he should be 'first up against the wall'!") were a real low point in the history of OPs here.

People like BreezyLimbo demanding open and honest communication and transparency from Bungie while simultaneously going on multiple profanity-laced meltdowns a day is like a guy with a gun to your head telling you that you can "speak freely."

And Breezy got banned. Nobody else was anywhere near that.

Are things negative? Yes. Too much at times? Yes. But DGAF is not some toxic place that hates Bungie folks.

By the way, Luke posted a total of once for all of Year 1.

Axoman

I wonder if we'll be met with strange corrections in the weekly update. I'd laugh hysterically if they said they forgot to say that since they couldn't balance Firebolts they decided to remove them. Kappa.

"Heard on stream but not actually true"

- Destiny is becoming more rewarding

And Breezy got banned. Nobody else was anywhere near that.

Are things negative? Yes. Too much at times? Yes. But DGAF is not some toxic place that hates Bungie folks.

By the way, Luke posted a total of once for all of Year 1.

You. Me. Shaxx bounties tonight? Or do you have to go home and be a family man?

If not, we can try and do a card this weekend. The last weekend of Doctrine and TLW. RIP.

If you see Luke around the office today please put in a good word for us.

I got my Gjallarhorn out of a random engram when the game came out and had no idea what it was.

"I got a stupid exotic rocket launcher" were my words I'll never forget when I got it since I didn't know what it was either hahaha

The next day, my IRL friend said "what did you get from atheon last night again?" I said some stupid rocket launcher named Gjallarhorn. He said "WAIT WHAT REALLY?! THATS THE BEST GUN IN THE GAME I HEAR!" I was like oh really? Hmm I'll try it out, I guess. I really wanted a primary with an element, like REALLY BAD. I thought they were the coolest things. I really wanted a Vision of Confluence more than anything in the game haha. It explains why i was upset I got a RL instead of a primary with a burn like VoC.

Good times.

Going through all my Share pictures looking for Gjallarhorn drops was quite the nostalgia trip.
I had 7 in total, a crazy 3 in 11 days.

My 7 Gjallarhorns were from:

18-11-14 - VoG Exotic Chest
03-03-15 - Nightfall
05-05-15 - CE Deathsinger
12-05-15 - Nightfall
16-05-15 - VoG Atheon
11-07-15 - CE Crota
25-08-15 - Nightfall

Going through all my Share pictures looking for Gjallarhorn drops was quite the nostalgia trip.
I had 7 in total, a crazy 3 in 11 days.

My 7 Gjallarhorns were from:

18-11-14 - VoG Exotic Chest
03-03-15 - Nightfall
05-05-15 - CE Deathsinger
12-05-15 - Nightfall
16-05-15 - VoG Atheon
11-07-15 - CE Crota
25-08-15 - Nightfall

Hahaha that's pretty awesome.

I know I've gotten a few afterwards but I could never keep track that much! Really cool though

darknil

I've got my Gally on a end game drop on crucible. I remember I was last on my team. I'm the example that Bungie has for "loot system works as intended" back on December Y1.

Also, that was the first exotic weapon that I fully upgraded, back then upgrading a weapon was stupidly expensive, you had to buy the shards from Xur and as a scrub, I didn't had any SCs.

Question, is it worth to edge the Variks rep doing Skolas this week? Can't remember if Variks levels will give a good rep package after the patch.

Daemul

Wait, Breezy did what now? Breezy man cmon, we know you're passionate about Destiny and it leads to salt when things don't seem to be going right, but don't take it that far ffs.
KuGsj.gif

I know the three streams have gotten people, myself included, saltier and saltier with each successive week, but you have to remember that Bungie is made up of real people who are trying their hardest to get a good game out. Will they get things wrong? Damn right they will, way too many times for many people's liking (RIP Red Death), but you must always have to try and keep the salt in check and avoid crossing the line.

Hopefully Breezy didn't get a perm and he'll be able to rejoin us soon having learnt this lesson.

ocean

Banned
Never had a Gjallarhorn at any point in playing the game. At this point, it doesn't matter, at least.
Were you on a break the second time Xur sold it?

(Tbh it was only meaningful when running solo Raids or speedrunning stuff, you didn't miss out on all that much despite what people say)

Number45

Never had a Gjallarhorn at any point in playing the game. At this point, it doesn't matter, at least.
Actually it's great for soloing the taken bounty bosses for Petra. Keep an eye out for the legacy heavy engrams from Xur, that's how I got mine a couple of months back.

Shiv47

Were you on a break the second time Xur sold it?

(Tbh it was only meaningful when running solo Raids or speedrunning stuff, you didn't miss out on all that much despite what people say)

I had quit playing last November and started up again that weekend he sold it, but I had no strange coins. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Actually it's great for soloing the taken bounty bosses for Petra. Keep an eye out for the legacy heavy engrams from Xur, that's how I got mine a couple of months back.

Yeah, I may do the engram route, but it's sort of a waste at this point, though I'd like it for the catch 'em all aspect if nothing else.

Daemul

I remember getting my Ghorn from an engram a month into the game. It was around the time when news about how good it was began spreading throughout the community like wildfire and I was the first of my group of friends to get it and try it out, and boy did it wreck.

I'm surprised Bungie made the Ghorn irrelevant, it was a white whale for the community and had everyone playing the game like mad trying to get it.

I'm not going to comb through the thread for every example of people being complicit in the toxicity they are denying existed, but here is one example.

No, that's grossly exaggerated.

Says the person who summarized an incoherent rant containing this:

Maybe they got an idea on splitting up their updates-let's people simmer in the absolute bullshit they spout...

Bungie has it's hands busy in its own ass to be able to code PvP separately...

HO-HO BECAUSE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM, BUNGIE. I'M SURPRISED YOU WERE ABLE TO GET YOUR NOSE OUT OF YOUR COLLECTIVE ASSES TO READ YOUR PLAYER DATA AND HAVE IT TELL YOU THAT INDEED, WE NEEDED MORE HAND CANNON AMMO...

Bungie has their heads so far up their collective asses that they'd rather have everything be homogeneous and weak than to stand out...

Your global philosophy is shit. Nothing more to it. Complete and utter shit. Whether it's because you're incompetent developers, or you're just plain incompetent dunces, this idea that everything should play the same in PvP and PvE is wrong.

In closing, Garbage is still Garbage...

as "good stuff" because it had two clauses in it you agreed with.

I'm not going to comb through the thread for every example of people being complicit in the toxicity they are denying existed, but here is one example.

That's good stuff, Reign!

Here's more good stuff: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44577/7_Destiny-Weapon-Tuning--April-Update

notable changes:
AUTO RIFLES
Low RoF (Suros Regime, An Answering Chord, Anguish of Drystan): 2.3% increase in base damage
High RoF (Doctrine of Passage, Arminius-D): 2.5% reduction in base damage
Improvement to hip fire final accuracy

PULSE RIFLES
Low RoF (The Messenger, Spare Change, Lyudmila-D): 3% increase from previous base damage

HAND CANNONS
Increase ammo inventory for all Hand Cannons

FUSION RIFLES
Fusion rifles are more stable across the board. The maximum stability for a fusion rifle has not changed much, but the baseline minimum stability is much stronger (40% recoil reduction), and we linearly ramp up from there.
Fixed bug where some outlying fusion rifle scopes had unintended increased zoom that was removed in Year Two.

SNIPER RIFLES
Increase base zoom distance on the lowest range sniper scopes. Medium to long range scopes are untouched
Increase base zoom distance on Sniper Rifles that did not have Optics enhancing scope nodes: Hereafter, Black Spindle, Patience & Time, Stillpiercer
Add 2 frames of zoom time to base Sniper handling
Reduce Snapshot perk to 20% benefit to base zoom time (down from 30%)
Reduce Stability across all Sniper Rifle stats so that reacquiring a target after firing requires more care
Addressed a bug where Zen Moment was not providing perk benefit to Sniper Rifles
Zen Moment removed from uncommon and rare sniper grids
Legendary Hakke Sniper Rifles trade Zen Moment for Performance Bonus
Legendary Omolon Sniper Rifles trade Zen Moment for Battle Runner

PLAYER RESURRECTION
Reduce interactive radius of resurrection prompt by .5 meters
Increase base time to resurrect by .25 seconds
Re-prioritize Overshield so that it takes precision damage modifiers (previously it did not) which allows more Sniper archetypes to get res-kills
(Only a few PvE combatants deal precision damage so aside from a few exceptions this only affects the PVP mechanic)
Adjust resurrection invincibility frames so that the moment a player can move and take damage are more consistent in most networking conditions
Reduce resurrection time bonus on exotic armor (Crest of Alpha Lupi, Light Beyond Nemesis) to 30% (down from 40%)

E92 M3

"I got a stupid exotic rocket launcher" were my words I'll never forget when I got it since I didn't know what it was either hahaha

The next day, my IRL friend said "what did you get from atheon last night again?" I said some stupid rocket launcher named Gjallarhorn. He said "WAIT WHAT REALLY?! THATS THE BEST GUN IN THE GAME I HEAR!" I was like oh really? Hmm I'll try it out, I guess. I really wanted a primary with an element, like REALLY BAD. I thought they were the coolest things. I really wanted a Vision of Confluence more than anything in the game haha. It explains why i was upset I got a RL instead of a primary with a burn like VoC.

Good times.

Yeah, looking forward to stories like that in the future.

Yeah, because I'm not going to dissect it when his intent wasn't generally bad. I give people the benefit of the doubt. Passion isn't always eloquent.

Lately, you seem to only focus on the toxicity.

the_id

I feel like I've missed the best time in Destiny. All this talk about Gjallahorn. I've never had it drop doing the old raids.

Well I was with Destiny since day one, and when Xur sold G-horn the first time, I remembered I didn't have enough coins, and I really didn't understand what it was at the time, and that one mistake of not buying it then would turn into 5 months of agony.

Like I said when I got it on February 17, 2015. I will never forget, I literally cried.

Vault of Glass for ever.

Mindlog

The 1KYS adjustment is a very large outlier as far as changes go. The 1KYS ammo reduction is almost as brow raising as the first boost to Thorn's ammo capacity. The only thing that had to happen was adding LDR and Longbow into the pool earlier. Put that 1KYS ammo reduction line of code on hold for a month and then revisit the 'problem.'

Better yet, stop giving out useful weapons as mission rewards because then they apparently become too common. No more raid weapons either. What's the point of a raid weapon? Boosting the reload speed on raid primaries is boring. Boosting cocoon would have been much more interesting, but I guess we can't have that. Everybody would be using their raid rocket launchers to do something nefarious. When weapons become interesting they become coveted and.... used
8CaG9hr.gif

eckkkkkkkkkk

No more beating the drum. Screw it.

Dez_

Never had the Gjallahorn. It's not necessary now, but I'd still like to have it in my collection for the heck of it. Even before I started playing Destiny, I knew of this weapon's reputation.

GhaleonEB

From the update preview.

1,000 Yard Stare

This is an interesting situation. We don’t like punishing a relatively-balanced weapon just because it is popular, but we also want players to feel like they have options. For now, the safest way to reduce this spike is to preserve the feeling of the weapon, preserve the talent grid rolls that many players are no doubt happy with, and just pull a few rounds out of the Inventory.

MIDA

Ignoring popularity, we think MIDA is fairly balanced in the global scale of weapons but I’m sure many non-MIDA users are starting to get tired of seeing that name come up in their death screen. Considering the popularity of the weapon we wanted to preserve how it feels to use but thought it was best to make it a little less horrible to be on the receiving end.
Bungie has gotten a lot of grief for nerfing things for reasons that are difficult to understand, but these are really frustrating because they are actually good, well balanced weapons. They've even written in the past about how the popularity of a weapon is not that important - it's how successful the weapon is in its intended role. How often is the user of MIDA coming out on top when fighting hand cannon users, when inside of hand cannon's intended useful range? How does that compare to other weapons? Relativity.

With this and the 1K Stare, Bungie is 1) outright stating they are balanced, 2) providing us only usage data rather than data about how effective they are in their intended role, and 3) nerfing them anyways.

This is maddening. It contradicts their own previously established balancing philosophy, and simply hits them with arbitrary nerfs because they are popular. They are literally nerfing guns because they are balanced and fun to use. If they are doing so for other reasons, they did not supply data to justify doing so.

Between this and shotguns getting nerfed again , it really does feel like they are working to suck the fun out of using weapons in this game. I know that's not their actual goal, and it feels unfair just to type it. But between the net effect of the actions and the communication of why they are taking them, that's exactly what it feels like.

What really sucks here? My Hunter mains the MIDA and 1,000 Yard Stare in PvE. So I get whacked for arbitrary PvP balancing. What a bummer. :(

Trakan

I feel like I've missed the best time in Destiny. All this talk about Gjallahorn. I've never had it drop doing the old raids.

I don't mean to rub it in, but you really did. It was a different game back then.

The 1KYS adjustment is a very large outlier as far as changes go. The 1KYS ammo reduction is almost as brow raising as the first boost to Thorn's ammo capacity. The only thing that had to happen was adding LDR and Longbow into the pool earlier. Put that 1KYS ammo reduction line of code on hold for a month and then revisit the 'problem.'

Better yet, stop giving out useful weapons as mission rewards because then they apparently become too common. No more raid weapons either. What's the point of a raid weapon? Boosting the reload speed on raid primaries is boring. Boosting cocoon would have been much more interesting, but I guess we can't have that. Everybody would be using their raid rocket launchers to do something nefarious. When weapons become interesting they become coveted and.... used
8CaG9hr.gif

eckkkkkkkkkk

No more beating the drum. Screw it.

Bungie really has no idea what they're doing when it comes to snipers. While this change could help, all they have to do is pull the data from before the range patch and see that snipers were much more balanced back then. I despise the 1k Stare but hitting it that hard doesn't even make sense.

The reload speed on the raid weapons is the biggest problem. They did that to make cocoon feel more valuable, but all it did was make them annoying to use. The handcannon reload still looks too slow for my taste but I might give the pulse rifle a try again. (If I ever get another one.)

Tri4

Am I reading it wrong or does thorn now only do 4 total damage (1hp per tick with 4 ticks)? That's kinda harsh man, gonna miss thorn.

X-Frame

Another Aggressive Ballistcs nerf? Wow.

I guess it'll only be usable on shotguns now, which don't care about stability. Otherwise, I was using it on Hawkmoon and Red Death -- I guess not anymore.

darthbob

Am I reading it wrong or does thorn now only do 4 total damage (1hp per tick with 4 ticks)? That's kinda harsh man, gonna miss thorn.

Typically with Thorn you'll hit the target at least twice, so the optimist in me is looking at it as 2 stacks for 8 total damage.

Okay, the realist in me now agrees with you.

What really sucks here? My Hunter mains the MIDA and 1,000 Yard Stare in PvE. So I get whacked for arbitrary PvP balancing. What a bummer. :(

The removal of HC rounds from MIDA really nerfs it for PvE too. :/

Trakan

Would've lead the stream with this. Huge.

I don't even get what it means. It seems like misinformation more than anything. You'd level up so fast.

If you're 325 light, you get a 326 item? It can't be blue engrams, I'd assume they're capped at 310 or 320. It's not exotics, they go up to 335. Is it just legendaries? I don't know.

I don't even get what it means. It seems like misinformation more than anything. You'd level up so fast.

If you're 325 light, you get a 326 item? It can't be blue engrams, I'd assume they're capped at 310 or 320. It's not exotics, they go up to 335. Is it just legendaries? I don't know.
It said exotic engrams drop up to 335 and non exotics drop up to 310

HM Warpriest at 8:30PM EST Tonight.

1. Dreamgazer
2. Dthomp
3. Shiv
4. Gears (?)
5. Kaikken
6. LooneyLMD

Dthomp and Gears* are a little rusty on raids, so any high-light people that want to help out would be great. Anyone is welcomed though.

Join whenever.

Edit: one spot open.

So there's this new website Bungie put out to advertise all the ways to increase your light level. This bullet point is interesting.

"Engrams now guaranteed to grant an item with Light value higher than players total Light"

https://www.destinythegame.com/light-journey

I can't find that...what activity do you see this under?

EDIT: there's more than one mistake there. It says these things under 'visit your faction'

Exotic Engrams now grant items up to 335 Light
Exotic Engrams now grant items up to 310 Light
Engrams now guaranteed to grant an item with Light value higher than players total Light

That's a cut and paste. Obviously the first two lines are at odds with each other.

That whole page makes no sense.

Trakan

I can't find that...what activity do you see this under?

EDIT: there's more than one mistake there. It says these things under 'visit your faction'

Exotic Engrams now grant items up to 335 Light
Exotic Engrams now grant items up to 310 Light
Engrams now guaranteed to grant an item with Light value higher than players total Light

That's a cut and paste. Obviously the first two lines are at odds with each other.

There's another page that says NON exotic engrams grant up to 310 light.

The third line "engrams now guaranteed to grant an item with light value higher than the players total light' is probably meant to read:
faction GEAR awarded by faction packages are guaranteed to grant and item with light value higher than the players total light

In the same few lines of text it says faction packages reward up to 330 light, which also contradicts your theory.

Bungie can never make things simple.

Top Bottom