• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

maomaoIYP

5233724187.png

No more lag for me.
You'd wish! I have 100 down, 100 up and I still lag playing with gaffers.

5233724187.png

No more lag for me. But still playing like a super scrub.

Planet destiny discussing the update in their live podcast: https://www.twitch.tv/planet_destiny

You'd wish! I have 100 down, 100 up and I still lag playing with gaffers.
You guys don't even understand pain. I'm slower then 69% then the rest of you jerks. I hate everyone. #Deadinside
esVXpY1.jpg

5YF9dwGZ29rVe.gif

That's Dan. I'm not afraid of insects. In fact I pick them up and throw them at people who are scared of them.

Dan is Native American so he can't kill it. The spirit of it might haunt him and stuff.
Well then make it your new God.

Dez_

Good games everyone! Had a lot of fun playing pvp today. Needed that after painfully trying to move through the Chaperone quest. I'm at 100% and the quest marker isn't checked for some reason, but I'll try to win another match and see what happens.

I've realized what my favorite pvp weapon is at this point, and it's vender sold Nirwen's Mercy. Love that high stability. I'm finding it to be much more consistent than Mida ever was for me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep good games everyone.

Going to run some more trains much later tonight. Late night crowd is where it's at.

WeTeHa

So how much ammo will we be able to carry for snipers/shotguns and 1kys?

"Reduced by 5-7 rounds". The normal amount of sniper ammo you could carry with 1kys was 18, I think? So about 33% gone straight away. I'm guessing 1kys will be down to 8-10 shots without sniper ammo equip and 14-16 with boots and chest.

Shotguns being nerfed further is just ridiculous. They needed a pve buff, not another nerf -_-

Oh man, running out of special in pve is gonna suuuuck. /salt

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Stockpiling isn't what it used to be ;(

qEV9keBl.jpg

e46wcOql.jpg

2ySCwbLl.jpg

Also I'm so close to moving Factions to next level on all 3 characters lol like 3-4 factions each, that I can only do Raid or Daily Story that's all or I push some stuff over...

Ugh >_<

WeTeHa

Stockpiling isn't what it used to be ;(

Also I'm so close to moving Factions to next level on all 3 characters lol like 3-4 factions each, that I can only do Raid or Daily Story that's all or I push some stuff over...

Ugh >_<

I'm not sure if it works, but I just leveled up and didn't pick up the packages. We'll see on tuesday...

"Reduced by 5-7 rounds". The normal amount of sniper ammo you could carry with 1kys was 18, I think? So about 33% gone straight away. I'm guessing 1kys will be down to 8-10 shots without sniper ammo equip and 14-16 with boots and chest.

Shotguns being nerfed further is just ridiculous. They needed a pve buff, not another nerf -_-

The new (330) Warpriest and Golgoroth challenge modes will take a bit longer as you'll be losing a huge amount of DPS per phase (underlevelled plus less ammo)

For PvP if you run shotgun a rifled/reinforced barrel and rescue mag PC+1 is the new holy grail

Xur is by the speaker

Titan Alpha Lupi
Don't touch me
Impossible Machines
Legacy Gauntlet
Chest engram

glaurung

Oh Xur, why don't you sell the legacy special engram instead?

I am three weapons away from completing my weapons collection.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
The new (330) Warpriest and Golgoroth challenge modes will take a bit longer as you'll be losing a huge amount of DPS per phase (underlevelled plus less ammo)

That is gonna be a nuisance, just watch
Hell I did War priest today and a few tries Heavy didn't drop at all...
I mean come on

You have to hard code that in, like players have to replenish Ammo at points
Make the Yellows drop guarantee ammo packs
Kind of stupid RNG for ammo packs is still there

The reserve ammo packs had a reason for last spur of the moment reasons but if this update still teeters on it being whatever, it will be annoying

Gonna be hilarious with Bosses now going back to normal status and not farm material persay cause we as the community will be getting plateaued, until 330-335, then farm status, guessing 335 will be norm by June E3 time for Expansion and hint @ Destiny 2

WeTeHa

Yeah, that's what I though of as well. Golg won't change that much (IF ammo actually drops more often), but warpriest will definitely change.

Edit: Well, apparently the game doesn't want me to have voidfang vestmants and armamentarium. Just bought 5 chest engrams on my warlock (2 starfire protocol, 1 Alchemist Raiment, 1 Tarantella, 1 Crest) and 5 on my titan (1 Tarantella, 4 Twilight Garrison). Come on.

2real4tv

Increasing the revive time from 5 to 7s is my biggest disappointment don't understand the change 5s was perfect. I can understand the increase in time it takes to revive though. In regards to Warlocks I can deal with firebolts it's the overshield and range from melee is what I have a problem with.

WipedOut

For PvP if you run shotgun a rifled/reinforced barrel and rescue mag PC+1 is the new holy grail

Xur is by the speaker

Titan Alpha Lupi
Don't touch me
Impossible Machines
Legacy Gauntlet
Chest engram
Did they ever really say they were going to change the required LL for normal and hard? I thought they were only increasing the rewards. I doubt they are increasing the difficulty.

Did they ever really say they were going to change the required LL for normal and hard? I thought they were only increasing the rewards. I doubt they are increasing the difficulty.

They said the difficulty and rewards are increasing

Bungie said the update increases the difficulty and rewards for King's Fall and the Court of Oryx: Rewards in the normal raid will drop at 320, those in the hard raid will drop at 330, and artifacts in the Court of Oryx will drop at 335.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/23/11292992/destiny-april-update-quests-light-prison-of-elders-strike

Kind of sucks for anyone new picking up the game

E92 M3

That's what happens when people want to nerf sniper rifles. In fact, I said that Bungie will overkill it.

Oh well, I'll only get invested seriously if they start making changes in their methodology.

Hedera

Yeah, and I feel that all those "increase ammo" perks will be negated since the drop rate of the ammo blocks will be increased.

It feels like it won't matter that I have increased sniper ammo on my boots or chest or both because there will be more blocks on the ground all the time.

I don't know, will have to play first and have a feel for it but don't like the change one bit for PVE.

X-Frame

Did they put in writing what they are changing for Warlocks?

I see in the write up yesterday they reiterate the weapon and crucible changes, but I don't see exactly what they're changing with Warlocks?

I'm most interested in how the Voidwalker is going to be buffed.

I wonder if they designed and balanced PvE encounters in the April Update based on these changes.. A Sniper Rifle + Secondary Ammo is pretty crucial for King's Fall. They did say they increased the ammount of ammo that will drop so hopefully it all works out.

Trials today. Anomaly please?

I wonder if they designed and balanced PvE encounters in the April Update based on these changes.. A Sniper Rifle + Secondary Ammo is pretty crucial for King's Fall. They did say they increased the ammount of ammo that will drop so hopefully it all works out.

It's going to be awesome when you're out of sniper ammo and there's green boxes scattered around but you're stuck standing in a single spot during the raid.

Better roll shoot to loot =P

Lnkn52

Based on how the change was focused towards PvP, I doubt they took that into consideration.

Afaik we haven't heard what LL the normal + hard raid encounters will be set at, but they are increasing. From this page:

Difficulty and Rewards have both been increased in Prison of Elders, Court of Oryx, Heroic Strikes, Nightfall Strikes, and in the King’s Fall Raid, as well as Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris.

My guess is Oryx will scale up to 320 normal, 330 hard but we'll see. Personally I just want to know when they're pushing the hotfix that will increase the hard raid drops up to 335. They mentioned that in the 2nd (?) stream but I haven't heard a follow up since.

Afaik we haven't heard what LL the normal + hard raid encounters will be set at, but they are increasing. From this page:

My guess is Oryx will scale up to 320 normal, 330 hard but we'll see. Personally I just want to know when they're pushing the hotfix that will increase the hard raid drops up to 335. They mentioned that in the 2nd (?) stream but I haven't heard a follow up since.

They said the day after the april update there will be a hotfix to correct King's Fall loot drops.

Pretty sure it was in the middle of the very first stream.

Edit

Actually, it was during the wrap up it looks like. Probably just before they went to the Mars Patrol to show off the swords

This line:
Hotfix day after update to update King's Fall loot tables.

Was the 7th to last item on my bullet list as I was watching the stream.

WeTeHa

Anybody wanna farm for grasp of malok for a while? We have 1 spot.

I hope so, but I seriously doubt it.

Yes looks like I'll be hitting the exotic slot machine. Which is ok see as I don't have too many 310 chests.

But I just know half of them are going to be crests!

Take one of the 324235 garrisons I have gotten since playing destiny and trade me an armamentarium. Oh, wait... :(
Took that picture just now hoping for an armamentarium or voidfang vestments :/

WeTeHa

I'd bet on the Malok strike being the NF next week, and it dropping the grasp. Save your sanity.

I was hoping that as well, but I don't think Malok will actually drop the Grasp. Doesn't he already have the helmet and the shotgun? 3 strike exclusives for 1 boss seems a bit much.
Chances are I won't be getting a decent grasp roll anyway.

Also, I don't think the new strike will be the nightfall next week. The nightfall is selected at reset, and the patch will probably come 9-10 hours after reset (when IB usually drops). Probably the week after that, though.

Trakan

I'm pretty sure the NF has been reset for new content before. I can't remember if you can complete it twice or not though. I know Shadow Thief was definitely the NF when HoW launched.

The Flayers strike has 3 cloaks and the scout rifle, though you could say that doesn't count.

Top Bottom