• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I never got any of my toons to 320.

Titan 319 for my Trials loadout, but 318 after I started wearing Thalor's Golden Maul.
Hunter 316
Warlock 316

I really want to know, either from people here (or people from Bungie), does anyone really feel like getting a higher light level is actually making them feel more powerful?

Like a Dreg in the cosmodrome still takes 2 punches to go down, if you're LL 100 or 335. There's so much damage scaling in Destiny, I don't feel anymore powerful. In fact, with all these nerfs, I feel less powerful. King's Fall is gonna with a sniper rifle with fewer rounds and much more kick.

They say the NF is a source for 335 drops, but of course I'm sure they mean "up to 335."

I guess that'd make it more relevant for a while.
It's the first I've even heard them mention NF so far. I guess the strike exclusives dropping at 335 has them covered. Not sure what the post-game drops will be.

I think if they had given it a more formal title that might have set expectations a little too high.
I mean if stuff like Festival of the Lost and Crimson Doubles can get a title why can't this? Seems odd to me.

X-Frame

Titan 319 for my Trials loadout, but 318 after I started wearing Thalor's Golden Maul.
Hunter 316
Warlock 316

I really want to know, either from people here (or people from Bungie), does anyone really feel like getting a higher light level is actually making them feel more powerful?

Like a Dreg in the cosmodrome still takes 2 punches to go down, if you're LL 100 or 335. There's so much damage scaling in Destiny, I don't feel anymore powerful. In fact, with all these nerfs, I feel less powerful. King's Fall is gonna with a sniper rifle with fewer rounds and much more kick.

I could care less about Light as long as I was high enough to get two Tier 5 stats (INT & DISC for example).

Otherwise anything above 311 seemed pointless to me. It doesn't affect me in IB or ToO really and i wasn't doing HM KF anyway so that didn't affect me.

Things might change now with the Challenge of Elders though.

Hunter 316
Warlock 316

You made it farther than I did.

As someone who raided on 3 toons almost every week prior to TTK,and had 3 Level 30s/32s/34s, I dialed it way back for TTK.

My main/highest is my Titan who I think can hit 317.
My hunter was my secondary, and primarily a PvP player. Never having touched the raid, she made it up to 314.
My warlock was kind of a "feel like I need something different" player. Right now I don't play on her much, but I still managed to get her up to 313. She went through the normal raid once, but that's it.

That said, every time I play Iron Banner or Trials, I leave someone alive with what appears to be an empty health bar, and I can't help but wonder...

border

Meh, Guild Wars 2 has been dropping named patches for quite some time. It might cause some initial confusion, but it's the internet, so people are quick to point out if you're wrong about something.

After a Year 1 full of named "Expansions" that amounted to little more than a raid, a horde mode and a couple strikes, I think from a PR standpoint they are better off under-promising and over-delivering. Inviting people to compare this to Taken King, Dark Below, or House of Wolves is not the best idea.

I think it's a little different for timed holiday events that are specifically meant to disappear after a couple weeks.....and even then it's not as if there weren't a vocal contingent of people complaining about lack of substantive content in Festival of the Lost, SRL, and Crimson Days.

chur

Hunter 316
Warlock 316

Nope. Just less squishy. Sometimes I wish Bungie would let you be able to be overpowered just a bit. Something like 5-10%. Anything more than that and activities would become even more boring than they are now.

Trakan

After a Year 1 full of named "Expansions" that amounted to little more than a raid, a horde mode and a couple strikes, I think from a PR standpoint they are better off under-promising and over-delivering.

I can attest to this as someone whose expectations exceeded what we're getting from them. They already under-delivered for me.

You made it farther than I did.

As someone who raided on 3 toons almost every week prior to TTK,and had 3 Level 30s/32s/34s, I dialed it way back for TTK.

My main/highest is my Titan who I think can hit 317.
My hunter was my secondary, and primarily a PvP player. Never having touched the raid, she made it up to 314.
My warlock was kind of a "feel like I need something different" player. Right now I don't play on her much, but I still managed to get her up to 313. She went through the normal raid once, but that's it.

I actually could hit 320 on all my toons, just chose not too. Like I have 8x LL320 primaries, but the thought of infusing them into guns that were 312 was just exhausting. Like what's the freakin' point, other than just a # on a name plate?

Granted the whole game is saying "GET TO 320! GET TO 320!" Every event and activity was baited not with cool gear, but with 320 gear. But at the end of the day, I just couldn't buy into that. 1:1 infusion will help, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't reeally buy into the TTK endgame.

(There are folks who got LL320 around here, and hats off to ya. And it can be something interesting to chase. I've ranted plenty about how terrible I think LL and 320 is before. But I'm curious if anyone how has chased 320 actually views it as being more powerful, rather than just another goal.)

Hunter 316
Warlock 316

Powerful? No. But I feel like I can now "hang with these enemies"

OT - Will the no knight strat make a come back when they raise the LLs in KF raid?

Agent

Was this the last weekend to get the Year 2 Lighthouse emblem? I never went flawless in Year 2 (never even played ToO in Year 2), but haven't played Destiny since January. It would have been a disaster if I tried to play ToO with my inactivity.

Looking forward to diving back into the game. I haven't played since January, yet I am still in the Top 8% of players for time played; yikes. I don't think I will be sinking as much time into the game as I used to.

Is anyone on the Hic Jacet list + Ape/Drizz/Inapp/Igor around?

Also...

Hype Intensifies:

o6xNMZY.png

The first thing I'm going to do is Court of Oryx for that 335 drop.
Then decrypt a few exotics.
Then new content or whatever.

Light Level is basically dictating the order of everything and not as a difficulty metric :\

Do we have to stop and pick up any bounties or anything or can we go straight to Court?

LTWood12

4/7/2016, in reference to reducing damage of High ROF Auto Rifles:
High Rate-of-Fire (RoF) bullet hoses have been leading the pack in terms of competitive viability. Low RoF auto rifles are slightly behind their faster firing brethren. We’re tipping the scales ever so slightly on these weapons to try and create more options...High RoF (Doctrine of Passing, Arminius-D): 2.5% reduction in base damage

In the December balancing patch, High ROF Auto Rifle damage was buffed by 0.04%. A lot of the community would categorize that as 'ever so slightly' as to be pretty much non-existent, to which we we told the following:

The damage numbers you see in game are not the raw base numbers we work with. The number shown at a damage event gets scaled by a lot of factors (activity, target, Light level, difficulty, precision, damage type, etc.) and then displayed to the player in combat as rounded whole numbers with a clean UI presentation. A small adjustment to an Auto Rifle may not be enough to change the displayed number, but (THIS IS A HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE) if your base damage changed from 20 to 20.2, and then you fired that damage value every other frame (at 30 fps) over the duration of a 50 round magazine, you’re actually getting a change in DPS even though the base number still reports as 20 in the UI.

Specifically for PVP, add precision damage scaling and the barrel upgrades that scale up Impact available on Exotic and King’s Fall Auto Rifles, and you’ll start to feel the new change a bit more.

In closing, just wanted to remind everyone that the Doctrines, Arminus-Ds, Nechrocasms, Epilogues, and other such treasures' damage is being reduced by a factor of 63x the amount which they were previously buffed. A 0.04% buff we were assured actually makes quite a difference and that we'd 'feel.' While 2.5% reduction is 'ever so slight.'

In the words of my favorite son of cuban robot immigrants, 'Let's dispel w/ this fiction...'

Vender guns are getting new perks tomorrow. Buy Hung Jury today if you haven't already!

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/199782674

Thanks for this. I posted it in the group chat.

I'm going to laugh so hard if they reroll 1000 yard stare to shortgaze + snapshot for the vendor roll. Ultimate troll

Besides HJ is there anything I need to have?

Personally, I love and use the Vendor 1kYS. Now that they're nerfing shortgaze/ambush and snapshot, the current vendor one is great! (Not sure how bad the nerf will be though, might be minimal for most people)

In the words of my favorite son of cuban robot immigrants, 'Let's dispel w/ this fiction...'

The Doctrine was fun while it lasted. As with every update, a few guns will rise to the top and we will all have to adapt to those changes. I am hopeful that even more make the climb and we have some good diversity. The Suros seems like a solid contender for my style of play.

Thanks for this. I posted it in the group chat.

I'm going to laugh so hard if they reroll 1000 yard stare to shortgaze + snapshot for the vendor roll. Ultimate troll

Personally, I love and use the Vendor 1kYS. Now that they're nerfing shortgaze/ambush and snapshot, the current vendor one is great! (Not sure how bad the nerf will be though, might be minimal for most people)

Got a 1000-Yard Stare from a blue engrams yesterday with Shortgaze/Ambush, Last Resort, Quickdraw and Unflinching. RIP

E92 M3

4/7/2016, in reference to reducing damage of High ROF Auto Rifles:

In the December balancing patch, High ROF Auto Rifle damage was buffed by 0.04%. A lot of the community would categorize that as 'ever so slightly' as to be pretty much non-existent, to which we we told the following:

In closing, just wanted to remind everyone that the Doctrines, Arminus-Ds, Nechrocasms, Epilogues, and other such treasures' damage is being reduced by a factor of 63x the amount which they were previously buffed. A 0.04% buff we were assured actually makes quite a difference and that we'd 'feel.' While 2.5% reduction is 'ever so slight.'

Inconsistency between Bungie's intentions/what's written....what do we know :p

LTWood12

I can't watch the trailer at work right now. Any glimpses of the new exotics?

Nope. And specifically, the trailer doesn't say 'new exotics,' but does say 'Reprised Exotics.' To me that kind of confirms we won't see any of the new ones (other than PS Exclusive Zen Meteor) in this update.

chur

Yeah that was the same trailer that Darknyss linked. That's why I was wondering about the new exotics being in this update. Doesn't seem likely.

How thoughtful of them to tell people when they have little chance to gather (meaninglessly capped) marks! I'm all good for HJ, but still.

It's stuff like this that keeps bungie in the "Just can't win" category.

This is something that was small, people have been asking about forever, and yet no one mentioned it in 3 streams and 3 updates worth of content, not to mention a full site dedicated to all information about the update.

Something as simple as proper notice goes a long way in helping win back over more sour fans.

E92 M3

What bothers me is they talk about making the guardian more powerful, yet it's just a light level increase. Nothing powerful about that. Year 1 was an accident for Bungie lol.

border

Is the Hung Jury really considered that great? I thought it was just a stepping stone to raid quality Scouts and eventually the Touch of Malice.

What bothers me is they talk about making the guardian more powerful, yet it's just a light level increase. Nothing powerful about that. Year 1 was an accident for Bungie lol.

We're more powerful, just in ways that don't really matter to us.

Like being able to take down Aetheon in a single rotation, or Crota with a single sword.

"we're making PoE harder; we're increasing the light levels".

I think that's what someone said in that trailer haha. I'm still excited that there's new content and PvP changes. Since it's been the same for a while now and PvP isn't as fun as year 1, it'll be fun to see how it all plays out. I might try out the hawkmoon again.

Is the Hung Jury really considered that great? I thought it was just a stepping stone to raid quality Scouts and eventually the Touch of Malice.

It's arguably the best PvE legendary primary. It's the most fun and my favorite, that's for sure.

Never forget that HJ Firefly so strong it crashed not only my PS4, but LT's who was holding a Totem beside me. #year2memories

Raid scout is okay.... I mean, one of the perks is wasted with Cocoon. Hung Jury has rock solid stability and Firefly. It's a joy to use anywhere in PvE, not just the Raid. Touch of Malice is a pathetic one-trick pony that's only good for trivializing 1/2 of the raid bosses. An embarrassing mistake of both weapon and raid design.

ssss

Neo Member
So 10AM PST tomorrow?

BTW, It would be so nice if someone could help me/carry me to the Lighthouse, I was once 8-0 and I have tried for so many times. My PSN:

Vorak_2

So 10AM PST tomorrow?

BTW, It would be so nice if someone could help me/carry me to the Lighthouse, I was once 8-0 and I have tried for so many times. My PSN:

Vorak_2

Unfortunately, there's a pretty sizable list of people who'd like to go as well, and I think most people are busy until tonight so it's looking iffy to help more than a couple people today. With that said, we're probably going to take a couple who has asked earlier pending availability of everyone involved. If I could I'd try to help every single person but unfortunately time is no longer in our favor :/

E92 M3

We're more powerful, just in ways that don't really matter to us.

Like being able to take down Aetheon in a single rotation, or Crota with a single sword.

Yeah, that's cool, but just a byproduct of leaving the content behind lol

"we're making PoE harder; we're increasing the light levels".

I think that's what someone said in that trailer haha. I'm still excited that there's new content and PvP changes. Since it's been the same for a while now and PvP isn't as fun as year 1, it'll be fun to see how it all plays out. I might try out the hawkmoon again.

Yeah, they did say that lol. Nonetheless, you are right, it will be nice to see what the changes bring.

ssss

Neo Member
Unfortunately, there's a pretty sizable list of people who'd like to go as well, and I think most people are busy until tonight so it's looking iffy to help more than a couple people today. With that said, we're probably going to take a couple who has asked earlier pending availability of everyone involved. If I could I'd try to help every single person but unfortunately time is no longer in our favor :/

No worries man, very nice that you took the time to answer, I appreciate it! Currently I am in Europe, so that's why I proposed it.

Thank you again!

Top Bottom