• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Triple Tap; Extended Mag/Hand-Laid Stock; Firefly/Underdog

Man, no wonder I love mine so much. I feel like I lucked out even more with

• Candle IS2/Flash HS4/Impluse MS2
  • Triple Tap
  • Quickdraw/Smallbore
  • Third Eye/Surrounded

I throw my 310 touch of malice into this weapon first chance I got and never looked back.

No worries man, very nice that you took the time to answer, I appreciate it! Currently I am in Europe, so that's why I proposed it.

Thank you again!

You're welcome.

Also, we don't have nearly as many people to help as we once had so with that in mind, the time that all the few helpers are available together is even more slim so it's been hard. Not to mention today is a weekday and currently primary work hours here in the US :p

Good luck!

Edit: I will send you a PM about something in a few minutes

EDIT 2: I sent a PM on Gaf. Also note WeTeHa's post right below mine especially the original post/quote.

WeTeHa

Saithan has arrived safely at the Lighthouse! With a
Rodeo
Doctrine to show for it. One important difference was that I played on his character. For people who are less interested in PvP and mainly just want the emblem/grimoire, then this is a great option. Obviously it's much easier, considering how competitive Trials can be nowadays. Many thanks to X and Inapp for a smooth trip.

But for people who do want to learn more about PvP, it's best to play together on their own accounts. Anyone is welcome regardless of skill level. The only requirement is to give a sincere, focused effort. Listen and respond to call-outs, etc. If you can't use a mic, or you're making dinner, or you're falling asleep then it's not a good time to try. Flawless cards are never easy, and the more everyone can carry their own weight then the more realistic Mercury becomes.

I should be available for last chance Hic Jacket runs tonight. Hopefully the update will bring back enough people to dilute the player population and make Trials runs slightly less sweaty for a week or two.

Drizzay, if you want you can play on my account. Never been to the lighthouse, and with my (current) skill level and crappy internet it doesn't seem likely I'll get there. Also doesn't help that I'm from europe while most of you guys are from the US, therefore carries usually happen when I'm asleep.

My account should have everything you need + an awesome sniper rifle. My ELO is pretty damn low as well, but I don't know if that affects anything.

Drizzay, if you want you can play on my account. Never been to the lighthouse, and with my (current) skill level and crappy internet it doesn't seem likely I'll get there. Also doesn't help that I'm from europe while most of you guys are from the US, therefore carries usually happen when I'm asleep.

My account should have everything you need + an awesome sniper rifle. My ELO is pretty damn low as well, but I don't know if that affects anything.

Wield that red bar with pride!

Frenden

Banned
I just tried to @ someone. The Discord chat hype is real.

Ape, I'm hoping high impact ARs are viable now, too. If the Doctrine is no longer competitive, I found that aggressive AR-playstyle pretty fun lately.

1 less gig on old ones? That sounds strange.

Higher res textures on the current gen assets maybe.

Is anyone on the Hic Jacet list + Ape/Drizz/Inapp/Igor around?

Also...

Hype Intensifies:

o6xNMZY.png
I am ready for some
english
jolly cooperation.

And regarding g the current state of Pvp, how is The last word?

Oh man drizzay i just thought of the dream scenario of you playing on his account while we carry another virgin as a third. That would be so good to hit two birds with one stone, but its probably too risky.

Ape, I'm hoping high impact ARs are viable now, too. If the Doctrine is no longer competitive, I found that aggressive AR-playstyle pretty fun lately.

Haha, I have to keep that chat closed or I will get 0 work done at the office. I THINK I am going to take Thurs/Friday off this week so I can get in a full day with the update and then do Trials reset runs. It might be a lot of chaos. I am hopeful my Hawksaw and PDX will still get the job done.

LTWood12

New vendor rolls is nice, though I would prefer a proper refresh of inventories. IMO every archetype should be available for purchase in the tower, but that's not the case.

That's been normal. My son plays on Xbox 360 and the patches are always way smaller. Less geometry and less detailed textures. You should see the animations. The exo robot dance doesn't even work, really.

last gen always has smaller updates. lower res textures, less sound variants, etc.

That makes sense. I was just thinking it should take more work coding wise but that may still be true but assets probably save a ton of space.

I am ready for some
english
jolly cooperation.

And regarding g the current state of Pvp, how is The last word?

It's definitely not what it used to be. Occasional phantom bullets. It still works maybe 75% of the time haha but when it does its definitely good.

Not just textures, but movement as well.

The Feedback fence segments move in and out. Khepri's sting actually appears to still be alive.

Things like that exist only on PS4/XB1.

Edit: One of the ahamkara pieces (spine maybe?) actually coils up slightly, IIRC.

FyreWulff

That's been normal. My son plays on Xbox 360 and the patches are always way smaller. Less geometry and less detailed textures. You should see the animations. The exo robot dance doesn't even work, really.

Yep. any armor or gun that has a continous animation doesn't animate on 360 and PS3. Touch of Malice's spinning circle thingies are just locked in place on 360. Feedback fence's triangles don't move. Some dances aren't even available on last gen.

Animations are really costly (like multiple megs) so that's why they're the first to go or get cut down on last gen.

That makes sense. I was just thinking it should take more work coding wise but that may still be true but assets probably save a ton of space. .

For Bungie specifically, they've had a cool pipeline since Reach where their tools autogenerate all assets at different quality levels where needed. It was used for the Imposter system for Reach, but in the presentation they mentioned it made it a lot easier to fit more percieved unique assets into any one space, which is why Reach had insane increase in model complexity between 3 and Reach, because making the LOD'd versions of everything no longer took up artist time and looked more like the actual full detail model at a distance.

Halo 4 infamously cranked up that tech so much that you could see the solid gray imposters up close just so they could more more detail on the enemies and vehicles.

If you look in certain places you can see Imposter objects in Destiny as well on last gen, but they intentionally try to not make them obvious.

here's a vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2sej5_4rY

Not just textures, but movement as well.

The Feedback fence segments move in and out. Khepri's sting actually appears to still be alive.

Things like that exist only on PS4/XB1.

Edit: One of the ahamkara pieces (spine maybe?) actually coils up slightly, IIRC.

The Touch of Malice doesn't animate on last gen either.

Or FyreWulff said it in the time between refreshes!

Oh man drizzay i just thought of the dream scenario of you playing on his account while we carry another virgin as a third. That would be so good to hit two birds with one stone, but its probably too risky.

Best case scenario would be to have 3 people who haven't gone flawless give their accounts to 3 competent players, killing 3 birds with one stone. Chances of that happening are pretty much zero though.

the_id

Yep. any armor or gun that has a continous animation doesn't animate on 360 and PS3. Touch of Malice's spinning circle thingies are just locked in place on 360. Feedback fence's triangles don't move. Some dances aren't even available on last gen.

Animations are really costly (like multiple megs) so that's why they're the first to go or get cut down on last gen.

For Bungie specifically, they've had a cool pipeline since Reach where their tools autogenerate all assets at different quality levels where needed. It was used for the Imposter system for Reach, but in the presentation they mentioned it made it a lot easier to fit more percieved unique assets into any one space, which is why Reach had insane increase in model complexity between 3 and Reach, because making the LOD'd versions of everything no longer took up artist time and looked more like the actual full detail model at a distance.

Halo 4 infamously cranked up that tech so much that you could see the solid gray imposters up close just so they could more more detail on the enemies and vehicles.

If you look in certain places you can see Imposter objects in Destiny as well on last gen, but they intentionally try to not make them obvious.

here's a vid

I love reading this stuff. Its another insight into how game development works.

X-Frame

Pretty sure I picked up every vendor weapon I wanted to which is good.

Though I wish armor was re-rolling too, I'm disappointed about that.

here's a vid

Ahh that's pretty cool. Thanks for the info and vid!

LTWood12

Just sad for the noob player that doesn't get the memo today and goes to buy an Icarus/Exhumed Hung Jury tomorrow because he heard the HJ has a godroll.

Axoman

Just sad for the noob player that doesn't get the memo today and goes to buy an Icarus/Exhumed Hung Jury tomorrow because he heard the HJ has a godroll.

Can you bump a reddit thread? We should all upvote that reddit post a few months back about the great vendor Hung Jury roll after the update tomorrow.

Icarus buff is going to be the new meta

I've got a Finnalas Peril with Reinforced/Rifled Barrel and Icarus that I'm looking forward to trying out after the update.

SkylineRKR

RNG HJ rolled with Life Support instead of Triple Tap in TTK launch week, for the rest it was identical. I prefer LS, procs quite a bit in PvE.

Touch of Malice is... its dog shit. Mostly good for last 2 Raid bosses, thats it. Not particularly fun to use.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Whoa been a while since I've seen you around here! Yeah so the vendors' weapon perks are all getting rerolled w/ the patch.
I still lurk and post occasionally. Took tomorrow off for this and darksouls and that other RNG game since I don't have a vita like some people 👀

WeTeHa

RNG HJ rolled with Life Support instead of Triple Tap in TTK launch week, for the rest it was identical. I prefer LS, procs quite a bit in PvE.

Touch of Malice is... its dog shit. Mostly good for last 2 Raid bosses, thats it. Not particularly fun to use.

It's also amazing for small arms skolas. He will melt in less than "1 servitor timeframe" if you use a blessing bubble. Other than that the weapon is pretty meh. I mean, it's unique, but you can use it only in a few situations.

SkylineRKR

It's also amazing for small arms skolas. He will melt in less than "1 servitor timeframe" if you use a blessing bubble. Other than that the weapon is pretty meh. I mean, it's unique, but you can use it only in a few situations.

Wished they relaunched the Vex Mythoclast into a beast, man. Like, with a tether effect or Thunderlord AoE attached to it. Or Wolfpack rounds if you charge a full clip. Can only drop in updated VoG and only in loot table if you start fresh. And you have to infuse ToM, lol.

Imagine dem VoG grinds, and the tears if your friend gets his second and you get shit.

X-Frame

I've got a Finnalas Peril with Reinforced/Rifled Barrel and Icarus that I'm looking forward to trying out after the update.

I got one with SureShot, Hot Swap, Rifled Barrel, and Icarus. I love the thing -- it feels way better than my Eyasluna w/ Hot Swap and Rifled Barrel even.

Drizz, Igor, X, and other Trials heroes...I decided to take Thurs/Friday off since the update isn't dropping until 10am PST tomorrow. That means I'll be around for some Trials reset! Maybe we can even get the Bungie bounty done :p Mtashed isn't that good right?

So 335 is the new max and a combination of Court of Oryx (artifact), Faction packages and Challenge of the Elders will bring us to 335 correct?

Normal and Hard Kings Fall and all other content does not give 335 items?

Also are any good year 1 weapons coming back? VoC?

FyreWulff

So 335 is the new max and a combination of Court of Oryx (artifact), Faction packages and Challenge of the Elders will bring us to 335 correct?

HM KF will give 335 after a hotfix later this week. Don't run the raid at reset if 335 rolls are important to you

KF is being updated to drop 320/330 items on NM and HM.

I don't believe elemental primaries (outside of exotics) are ever coming back. Bungie announced some Y1 exotics that are returning as well as Y1 Vanguard weapons like Shadow Price, LDR, etc

Year 1 Elementals made Bungie salty because things like Fatebringer and VoC became the go to guns and they far and away outclassed everything else.

Top Bottom