• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Not to mention Y2 turned out exactly the same with everyone just rocking the Hung Jury. People will always find the best weapon.

If PvE / King's Fall actually had good weapons to chase, that alone would have made it more fun to play. Not to mention taking away ranges of Light.

Drizz, Igor, X, and other Trials heroes...I decided to take Thurs/Friday off since the update isn't dropping until 10am PST tomorrow. That means I'll be around for some Trials reset! Maybe we can even get the Bungie bounty done :p Mtashed isn't that good right?

Nice! I'll also be around Friday Trials reset

Hell, I'd even be perfectly happy with an exotic gun that had an element as an upgrade node. As in, give it one less "perk" but let it have an element. That way it's almost strictly for PvE use due to elements, and the lack of an extra perk means it wont be used in PvP.

Drizz, Igor, X, and other Trials heroes...I decided to take Thurs/Friday off since the update isn't dropping until 10am PST tomorrow. That means I'll be around for some Trials reset! Maybe we can even get the Bungie bounty done :p Mtashed isn't that good right?

I really, really want to play this Friday. Been too long!

WeTeHa

Hell, I'd even be perfectly happy with an exotic gun that had an element as an upgrade node. As in, give it one less "perk" but let it have an element. That way it's almost strictly for PvE use due to elements, and the lack of an extra perk means it wont be used in PvP.

I kind of wish we could determine the element of our shield. Put an upgrade node like the chroma stuff on the class items and let me switch that stuff around. I think that would be fun.

I kind of wish we could determine the element of our shield. Put an upgrade node like the chroma stuff on the class items and let me switch that stuff around. I think that would be fun.

Jesus... PvP would be a nightmare.

Edit: Can somebody tweet at bungie and ask if Sword energy amounts are being nerfed in PvP alongside rockets and machine guns?

WeTeHa

Jesus... PvP would be a nightmare.

Eh, just make it not work in pvp. And don't make it like matchgame in nightfalls, just a nice little addition that people can play around with where you take a little less damage if it's the wrong element and a little more if it's the right.

FyreWulff

I'm somewhat surprised your shield doesn't match your subclass already.

But that might make it a little too clusterfucky to balance the sandbox at that point. Strikers would be depowered for Fallen content, Defender Titans would be Truth magnets, etc

Eh, just make it not work in pvp. And don't make it like matchgame in nightfalls, just a nice little addition that people can play around with where you take a little less damage if it's the wrong element and a little more if it's the right.

Meh. Honeslty, this is a level of complexity that I don't desire.

I thought I did once back before Dark Below, but it just sounds annoying and complicated. Mostly because it's already a nightmare trying to find a full set of gear, having to then get one to match elements would be a Lovecraftian or something.

I'm somewhat surprised your shield doesn't match your subclass already.

But that might make it a little too clusterfucky to balance the sandbox at that point. Strikers would be depowered for Fallen content, Defender Titans would be Truth magnets, etc

Honestly, I wish elemental shielded enemies would go away, they seem really dumb. I'd rather enemies just have better/regenerating health pools with no odd shield hovering over them. I'd rather all Fallen be weak to Arc, Hive to Sol, Vex to Arc, Cabal to Sol, Taken to Void, but make the modifiers very modest.

Something about the elemental shields seems very magical and out of place in a hard sci-fi game like this.

Getting shotgun melee'd twice in 1 round by a sunsinger almost makes me break my disc in half. I can't wait for the nerf.

Melee distances are unchanged right?

Flame Shield is still a thing, even if it is weaker.

Stormlock melee is still crossmap.

What are you expecting to improve tomorrow?

That should be the downside of having wombo combo!

>_<

VQeomy9.gif

I apologize, but it was a must.

Daemul

Nightstalkers should not be able to shadestep nades. It's so bullshit

Nah, many of the grenades in this game are bullshit, especially the tracking ones, how they're even a thing is beyond me. All Shadesteppers are doing is countering bullshit with their own bullshit, it balances out
3AQmK.gif

Nah, many of the grenades in this game are bullshit, especially the tracking ones, how they're even a thing is beyond me. All Shadesteppers are doing is countering bullshit with their own bullshit, it balances out
3AQmK.gif

Now that shadestep glitch is bullshit though.

Tri4

Oh yeah forgot about the trials carries. You can take my name off the list, it's too late for me right now.

But if you're still down x I'd like to be able to take you up on that in maybe a month or two. I don't really care about the hic jacket, I just wanna be able to go flawless once.

If its possible and every trials match today isn't just pro teams thats the intention if the times align.

I have a few hours (3 - 4) left in my day..

No worries.

Edit: I'm going to sleep. I'll make a new build after the patch and then move on from there.

I'm ready. Wait knight you're going to sleep?!

Oh yeah forgot about the trials carries. You can take my name off the list, it's too late for me right now.

But if you're still down x I'd like to be able to take you up on that in maybe a month or two. I don't really care about the hic jacket, I just wanna be able to go flawless once.

No worries man, we'll always be here to help whenever all schedules align!

With the vendor reroll coming tomorrow, what's the must-have weapon right now besides Hung Jury?

Vanguard:
Long Far Gone- Hip Fire and Rangefinder is interesting, but this is gambling on how much the stability buff will be. If you have a Rangefinder Thesan, don't bother.
1000 Yard Stare- Alright PvE roll. Will get hit hard by the nerfs but it's still pretty good, all things considered.

Crucible:
The Dealbreaker- Except for the low ammo count caused by Braced Frame, this thing packs quite a punch in PvP and will only get better with the buff. Recoil pattern is Z-shaped, but easily controlled when ADSing.
The Smolder- Lacks velocity but it's a pretty good option if you don't have that roll on anything else or don't want to run Truth.

Dead Orbit:
Patch-A- Rifled, Rangefinder, and Crowd Control. The standard good Shotgun.
Ceres Lost BMJ-46- It has blast radius and velocity upgrades, but lacks Grenades and Horseshoes. Still, Clown Cartridge Rocket Launchers are super fun to use when you start getting crazy ammo from them.

FWC:
The Vanity- If they ever fix the crashing.
The Variable- It looks like a good roll, but it's not the BTRD-345 type. Might be fun?
The Vertigo- Classic Suros god-roll. I'm not sure if it suffers the same way the JLBs do with only getting two rockets maximum in PvP, but still.

New Monarchy:
Righteous VII- Good range, good stability, SPO-28 sight, and has Glass Half-Full.
Burden of Proof XI- If they ever buff shotguns in PvE again this'll be great. As it stands, it's a fine Legendary version of Invective in PvP with a nice range boost from Underdog.
Objection IV (Note: The ammo is wrong, it has around 35, not 87)- A really good roll on this. I'd actually recommend increasing the range with Reinforced Barrel as Persistence helps keep it stable.

Top Bottom