• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

keakster

Good God.

Which fusion is that?

edit...

top of page salt:
euy12gnqrvilykqytmab.png

deafmedal

Ahh, OT40. I remember how I wouldn't look at other threads and read tons of the Destiny Ots. Good times. I reckon that other, new game will be lucky to have 1/4 of the OTs Destiny has :p Enjoying my time with it none the less. I doubt it will have the hooks Destiny had in me but I foresee a few hours being spent exploring NY.

Got my Destiny tat finished!

It could but only for content with matchmaking, like crucible. I doubt we will see cross-platform invites, definitely no party chat.
Ideally, Bungie would build its own login system with unique IDs and make all that stuff platform-independent. A completely unified Destiny on Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo, and PC would be a gaming singularity.

Trakan

It's Ashraven's Flight, the IB fusion. According to the guy it didn't even have any good perks either. Grenadier and Danger Close.

It's Ashraven's Flight, the IB fusion. According to the guy it didn't even have any good perks either. Grenadier and Danger Close.

Thats funny, I was just about to dismantle that thing. Mine has Rescue Mag, Quickdraw, and Rangefinder. Not a big Fusion Rifle fan but I may test it out tonight to see how it is.

the_id

Ahh, OT40. I remember how I wouldn't look at other threads and read tons of the Destiny Ots. Good times. I reckon that other, new game will be lucky to have 1/4 of the OTs Destiny has :p Enjoying my time with it none the less. I doubt it will have the hooks Destiny had in me but I foresee a few hours being spent exploring NY.

What's the tattoo in the middle?ive never seen that one in the game

^^^^^^^^^^
Newb alert! ;)

It's the Guardian Lord emblem for all unlocking all achievements.

Great tattoos man. Destiny's iconography is amazing and those are solid choices.

Dthomp

Alright. Anybody up for running some trials tonight? Not sure what time Drizzay was going to be on to possibly help carry so I'm game for any trials now to do bounties or just to improve more

It could but only for content with matchmaking, like crucible. I doubt we will see cross-platform invites, definitely no party chat.

Couldn't people just use Skype? No idea if there is a Skype app for ps4, pc/Xbox can already talk through the Xbox app on pc. Hopefully ms opening up multiplayer would mean they could make a Skype app for ps4 to unify gaming chat. I'm sure their marketing department would love it.

Summoning Pits
Arc Burn
Grounded
Trickle
Exposure
Light Switch

Lightswitch is no longer a nightfall modifier afaik.

Even if it is, with that nighfall, bolt caster + heavy synth = everything dead in seconds.

Exposure actually negates lightswtich and arc burn in this case because you won't get 1-shotted by anything.

ocean

Banned
Thanks dude.
Sunsingers are amazing.

Fusion Grenades with Viking Funeral are the most OP ability in the game. They don't have to be aimed (chuck it at a corner and get a tag), they take like 80% of an opponent's health, give you tracking via DoT rocks and block shield regen for a long time. And they can tag 3 people. It rules PvP.

Fusion Grenades are the hardest hitting in the game - they can even kill over a revive shield. They wreck pretty hard in PvE and you can get two of them.

Self res is the ultimate PvE crutch but it can make the difference between a wipe and a save

Dthomp

Sunsingers are amazing.

Fusion Grenades with Viking Funeral are the most OP ability in the game. They don't have to be aimed (chuck it at a corner and get a tag), they take like 80% of an opponent's health, give you tracking via DoT rocks and block shield regen for a long time. And they can tag 3 people. It rules PvP.

Fusion Grenades are the hardest hitting in the game - they can even kill over a revive shield. They wreck pretty hard in PvE and you can get two of them.

Self res is the ultimate PvE crutch but it can make the difference between a wipe and a save

That's interesting, I'm not the best with grenade aim so I haven't done much with Fusion, just using Firebolts. They that much better?

Nicodemic

Well, I officialy find the new matchmaking disgusting. I'm now getting destroyed in pvp. Takes me more or less 5 games to get a win. Just wanted to play against people of my skill level, win a few, lose a few. They're lucky I'm trying to get full grimoire cause I would quit right there. /vent

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People begging us to throw games for them. LOL.

Mercury with Den Den and Goku Jr. Good games. Noticed how it's mainly the teams with sunhuggers that gave us trouble.

ocean

Banned
Playing the Division but send me an invite if anyone wants Trials! I'll probably suck, haven't played Destiny in more than a week

Mercury with Den Den and Goku Jr. Good games. Noticed how it's mainly the teams with sunhuggers that gave us trouble.

I got no idea as to why is that.

GGs. This map is too stressful for me now. Sunsingers ruined it for me.

Edit: too match my mood and to quote krafty in the last few seconds: "and ANOTHER team that i lost because of sunsingers"

Krafty said he completed 2 runs yesterday. He normally does 8. Sunsingers are totally balanced guys. Especially for THIS map.

Now i really wanna see the stats for teams with 3 sunsingers this weekend. Their win rate is probably something ridiculous. Scummiest shit ever.

Trakan

Krafty said he completed 2 runs yesterday. He normally does 8. Sunsingers are totally balanced guys. Especially for THIS map.

Now i really wanna see the stats for teams with 3 sunsingers this weekend. Their win rate is probably something ridiculous. Scummiest shit ever.

Fingers crossed for a class update for Warlocks in the Spring update nerfing things like they buffed Titans a while back.

GGs

Sunsingers are very strong on that map. The only team we lost to had a Nightstalker abusing the shade step + pullout your ghost glitch. Sunsingers don't make me as mad as that hunter nonsense.

The guy who asked us to throw the game was indeed a Mercury virgin, but no way in hell I am giving anyone a free win for the lighthouse. Maybe a GAFer...maybe :p

GGs

Sunsingers are very strong on that map. The only team we lost to had a Nightstalker abusing the shade step + pullout your ghost glitch. Sunsingers don't make me as mad as that hunter nonsense.

The guy who asked us to throw the game was acrually a Mercury virgin, but no way in hell I am giving anyone a free win for the lighthouse. Maybe a GAFer...maybe :p

Just checked and one of those tough games (5-2) we faced had a guy with 2400 ELO. I feel like its been 15+ cards since i have done a card that didnt have at least one of these pro guys. Its impossible to not run into them these days.

E92 M3

I can't believe you guys want more nerfs in an already boring sandbox. Everything needs to be spruced up and made interesting.

"Solar Warlocks need to come up". - Bungie Sandbox Lead

Ib4 Ape agrees. Smh

Just checked and one of those tough games (5-2) we faced had a guy with 2400 ELO. I feel like its been 15+ cards since i have done a card that didnt have at least one of these pro guys. Its impossible to not run into them these days.

Haha. Of course. Let's pray for new content soon and a good Trials map this Friday.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shadestep guy wasn't the problem on that team. He did that glitch but he still got his ass shot many times. The two sunsingers on the team were more of a problem. I killed one during heavy ammo phase but he res and I can't do a thing. The main sunsinger on that team was the one wrecking us.

I might start using shotgun on certain maps and rounds to counter some of the BS. Can't keep relying on sniper with maps like that.

I can't believe you guys want more nerfs in an already boring sandbox. Everything needs to be spruced up and made interesting.

Sure, but remember that Bungie barely tweaks subsclasses, most never. If we were getting balance updates every 4-6 months and or updates that were in any way PvE focused l, I'd agree more.

I will give you a stuffed crust pizza and a couple of paperclips if ever I encounter you one day...

You know me to well Turtle. Pizza and paperclips.

"Solar Warlocks need to come up". - Bungie Sandbox Lead

Ib4 Ape agrees. Smh

Their neutral game is just weak man. We need an exotic that gives us two grenades and two melees. Kappa.

Shadestep guy wasn't the problem on that team. He did that glitch but he still got his ass shot many times. The two sunsingers on the team were more of a problem. I killed one during heavy ammo phase but he res and I can't do a thing. The main sunsinger on that team was the one wrecking us.

I might start using shotgun on certain maps and rounds to counter some of the BS. Can't keep relying on sniper with maps like that.

Oh totally, I just really really really loathe people that abuse that glitch. He was also running all over me :(

E92 M3

Sure, but remember that Bungie barely tweaks subsclasses, most never. If we were getting balance updates every 4-6 months and or updates that were in any way PvE focused l, I'd agree more.

So, if I understood correctly, you think PVE should be ejected from Bungie's vernacular and they should just focus on PVP this year? I'd like for changes to be geared towards PVE again; it becomes tiring to see great weapons and abilities ruined because of the crucible.

Thermal Titan was nerfed because of PVP, but the subclass was always good for PVE. (I think it was nerfed too much)

WipedOut

So, if I understood correctly, you think PVE should be ejected from Bungie's vernacular and they should just focus on PVP this year? I'd like for changes to be geared towards PVE again; it becomes tiring to see great weapons and abilities ruined because of the crucible.

Thermal Titan was nerfed because of PVP, but the subclass was always good for PVE. (I think it was nerfed too much)
I miss running strikes, they used to be fun.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah just need two on hunter. Could run a full card with warlock. And we'll need a super strong ZL Chris level player.

I meant the reverse? But I'm operating on 2-4 hours of sleep a night lately, so who know.

Yeah. I want to see PvE balance (buffs) and more frequent updates.

But! If Bungie continues to focus purely on PvP and tweak things almost never, then I want a gentle touch (nerf Sunsingers a bit). The last thing I want is something like the special ammo fix that was drastic, half assed and unlikely to get addressed for 6 months.

Anyway, back to midnight/early am parenting.

7ce794f468d4e712cdfe20e4bd571a74.gif

Top Bottom