• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

NeOak

It's crazy how Bungie did originally have a PVE event set up to come around as often as IB with Queen's Wrath, but just completely ditched it. The Supremacy was the only Queen weapon ever offered.

You forgot the Chasing Infinity

wink wink

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Crossroads is a Destiny map. The crossroads song talks about Destiny. Bungie Bone thugs fans confirmed.

The three hour DC from yesterday required drawing aggro, focus firing rushers, timing crit and defend buffs, and a shitload of teamwork.

It was the most fun I've had with a game in years.

Frenden, pls. This is too tempting.

Tell me, in that 3 hour mission were big plays or clutch saves? That's my fav part of Destiny.

SheHateMe

New thread, huh? I haven't been on in a while. (Crimson Doubles was the last time I played.)

Skipped The Division. Promised myself to work on my backlog... and then bought Hitman.

Go figure.

Glad to see the core GAF team stick around.

chur

The three hour DC from yesterday required drawing aggro, focus firing rushers, timing crit and defense buffs, and a shitload of teamwork.

It was the most fun I've had with a game in years.

I've been playing with randoms and pretty much every group has had no mics. The amount of teamwork I still see is awesome. I was expecting to see a bunch of lone wolves out there.

Just got the game on PS4. Somebody play with me.

I haven't dived too much into the game yet, and mostly been sticking to the crucible.

PSN: TwofaceTomahawk

NastyBook

I've reached Division's End Game and it's exactly what I thought. Once you beat all the story missions, there are 3 dailies, which are 3 of those story missions that earn you the end game credit, like Legendary Marks. Nothing much else to do now except wait for new content. I can get the highest end drops but no purpose for them really ATM. I can turn into a casual now (until new content is released next month).

I'm down to run a card of Trials in about 2-3 hours.
LMFAO! That was quick.

Mindlog

Thanks, Mindlog. That was most likely not worth it for either of us, haha.
Nah, it was fun. Crazy how much Titan trivializes the first are though. The rest of the mission is about as fast as the Nexus strike.

Got a perfect roll Devouring Maw! Int/Disc/Inverse Shadow/Infusion

Then I remembered infusion. Bungie please.

Auctopus

Nah, it was fun. Crazy how much Titan trivializes the first are though. The rest of the mission is about as fast as the Nexus strike.

Got a perfect roll Devouring Maw! Int/Disc/Inverse Shadow/Infusion

Then I remembered infusion. Bungie please.

Yeah, without a buffed Sunsinger, the beginning is the trickiest part.

I got some blue engrams that crypted into trash.

Bungie has heard you guardian. The Nightfall will be Shield Bros. <3 Bungie.

Confirmed.

I've pulled my Khepri's Sting out of the vault and finally farmed for the wormspore for my second wind boots, so will try dicking about with a T4 Disc/Str Nightstalker with Invis grenades and see if running around the crucible stabbing people is any fun

What Jump do you use on your warlocks for all 3 sub-classes?

In fact can anyone point me to a build for all three that works in PVP and PVE?

Dthomp

Jumps are rough in PVP because of your floaty-ness.

For Voidwalker use Blink
the other 2 I usually go with Focused Burst, not sure if there is a better option for the other 2 classes

Focussed Burst, if you hit jump again when you hear the swish you can move around pretty fast (for a warlock) and you don't float around like a balloon asking to be shot

This is my sunsinger build (pretty much the meta) https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018437613279/2305843009230755270 if you check the skill tree that's for PvP, for PvE I switch to fusion grenades, scorch melee for orbs and gift of the sun

If you're Sunsinger you want T5 Disc/Str, Voidwalker T5 Int/Disc and Stormcaller T5 Int/Str

Focussed Burst, if you hit jump again when you hear the swish you can move around pretty fast (for a warlock)

Just wont be able to hit the high jumps right?

I cant jump from platform to daughter #1 platform with burst right?

Can I make exotic chest jump with focus? im asking because I don't want to disappoint the people I play with, I've never been anything but a Titan.

Can I make exotic chest jump with focus? im asking because I don't want to disappoint the people I play with, I've never been anything but a Titan.

When doing stuff like that change your build so you max agility (or the middle agility option), jumping is easy then

ocean

Banned

Tier 5 DIS/STR Sunsinger. Firebolt with Touch of Flame for PvP, Fusion with double nade in PvE. Focused Burst always.

You can, you just have to realize it's a gradual float up, so distance is needed if you want to make a really high jump.

As for the exotic chest jump, I actually think it's easiest on the warlock.
Jump toward the platform and then slowly release the left stick and just float down. Titan/hunter runs the risk of going too fast and bump themselves off from the wall.
The warlock jump is really just a slower/floater version of the titan jump.

Double tap jump to initiate the float across, press x again to cancel.

keakster

Cross-Network Play
First, in addition to natively supporting cross-platform play between Xbox One and Windows 10 games that use Xbox Live, we’re enabling developers to support cross-network play as well. This means players on Xbox One and Windows 10 using Xbox Live will be able to play with players on different online multiplayer networks – including other console and PC networks.

Of course, it’s up to game developers to support this feature, and Xbox Live players will always have the option of choosing to play only with other Xbox Live players. We’re thrilled to confirm that Psyonix’s Rocket League will be one of the first games to take advantage of this new capability by enabling cross-network play between Xbox One and PC players, with an open invitation for other networks to participate as well.

Microsoft announces they are opening up Xbox Live to cross platform play. Any hope this comes to Destiny? Possibly for next year's sequel?

Focussed Burst, if you hit jump again when you hear the swish you can move around pretty fast (for a warlock) and you don't float around like a balloon asking to be shot

This is my sunsinger build (pretty much the meta) https://www.bungie.net/en/Legend/Gear/2/4611686018437613279/2305843009230755270 if you check the skill tree that's for PvP, for PvE I switch to fusion grenades, scorch melee for orbs and gift of the sun

If you're Sunsinger you want T5 Disc/Str, Voidwalker T5 Int/Disc and Stormcaller T5 Int/Str

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Trakan

Pm1LPEE.gif

Good God.

Top Bottom