• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Dthomp

Looking to run NF or raid if a team can carry me through it. Just looking for better gear so I'm not forever 300.

If we can find one more I wouldn't mind trying to run NF 2 more times

Or hell if we can find 6 hanging out that want to do a NM KF Raid I'd be up for that. I am still like 315ish LL and need the infusion materials

Dr. Drizzay, why are you pulling a Vaal? You are already 333.

Drizzay pls

Come at me bro.

Cf4zMOGUEAEWqKT.jpg:large

edit: Heavy is screwing me, it's only 330. Class item is 333. Everything else is 335.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Are you guys dumping everything into one or spreading the love unto three? I'm going for the latter. At this rate, everybody will be 335 in a few weeks.

spyder_ur

Where are you guys getting stuff from? Im so confused. Ran Prison 41 for the quest (which featured no Taken, by the way), got some Chroma, rewards sucked. Is 320+ stuff just coming from Challenge and the engram climb?

Also, am I just being cynical or is the reason that chroma can only be destroyed not unequipped that they want you to buy it?

Feeling pretty disappointed by what I've seen, honestly.

chur

GG guys. It sucked that we missed the cumulative score by 235 points and had to run a 3rd. At least the run was fast lol.

Are you gonna do more runs? Im about to really start playing this update so to bring back old times of my first Skolas clear i wanted to play with you :p

Yo dawg, I'm hopping off for the night. Getting all my characters to 333-334 on the first day feels like a good stopping point, lol. I could keep grinding and hit 335 with some luck, but it hasn't taken any real grinding to reach this point so I don't wanna push it into tedious territory. Basically the end game progression is hugely improved. It's sort of a cobbled together version of HoW stapled onto the unfortunate remnants of Infusion. Technically not as good as HoW but so much better than original TTK that it's not worth splitting hairs.

I'll be around tomorrow if you're still up for it, definitely would love to do some runs with you whenever schedules align.

Did you set out with the goal of getting it in two runs? I feel like if you just run through it it's going to take at least 3.

Not at all. We just killed as many adds as possible with precision shots, DPS boss to trigger next add spawn, rinse and repeat until all the add waves were dead and finish off the boss. The time limit didn't feel super demanding either since we were able to clear everything without any penalties. I literally only used Hung Jury. Finished with ~46k points, took maybe 15 minutes.

I'm sure there are much better way to optimize the score. Sounds like chaining orbs with Titan bubbles can give huge points. But even just playing normally while focused on the Precision Kill point modifier was enough to clear it in 2 runs.

GG guys. It sucked that we missed the cumulative score by 235 points and had to run a 3rd. At least the run was fast lol.

Yeah, sucked that we needed just over 49,000 points the second time round to pull it off and were so close.

I had green engrams dropping again. My legendary purple turned into purifier robes but only at 300.

Anybody gotten a grasp to drop from the malok strike?
Also, how do raid drops/challenge mode work now, does anybody know?

Apparently the raid already drops up to 335, so we don't have to wait for the hotfix. You wanna run tomorrow afternoon/evening? Or are you busy with Dark Souls / Ratchet? :p

Evening your time or mine?

Can't get through the first part of the nightfall. Damn.

Try staying in the area you spawn in and take pot shots at everything.

Any tips for getting higher armor light fast like that Drizzay?

Are you guys dumping everything into one or spreading the love unto three? I'm going for the latter. At this rate, everybody will be 335 in a few weeks.

I can write a little more detailed thing in a minute but bottom line is to stepping-stone dump everything into one character after another. So clear content with one guy to get as high as possible, then infuse all the highest stuff into the second character. When you clear content with that alt, all your drops will be much higher especially since the weapons and ghost transfer directly. Repeat for 3rd character and you should start seeing all 334-335 drops. In fact you'll get so many of them that you can cycle duplicate gear slots back to your first two characters that you originally stole from, if that makes sense.

You want to get one character as high as possible, as fast as possible. That way he can be a high-light generating machine. The last alt I leveled hit 334, but all the gear he generated can get both my first two guys up to 333.

blamite

So, I just opened a Sterling Treasure and got:

-Desolate Bond
-1 Red Chroma
-1 Blue Chroma

All of these are listed under "Possible Items," so it seems like I just didn't get any of the Guaranteed Items? Unless the Desolate Bond is listed in the wrong category? Otherwise it seems like I got kinda screwed here.

Arrrammis

So, I just opened a Sterling Treasure and got:

-Desolate Bond
-1 Red Chroma
-1 Blue Chroma

All of these are listed under "Possible Items," so it seems like I just didn't get any of the Guaranteed Items? Unless the Desolate Bond is listed in the wrong category? Otherwise it seems like I got kinda screwed here.

Is one of your armor slots full? Check the postmaster, if there wasn't room in your inventory then it might have been sent there.

Played a couple hours this evening and it's cool, but even knowing what this update entailed I still find myself a little underwhelmed. They shouldn't have even called this new "quest" a quest at all. 335, it's just impossible to care about and none of the weapons changes feel significant one way or the other.

I started playing this game again recently in anticipation of this update and oddly enough the update is going to lead to me dialing this Destiny thing back/off again. It's amusing how they had 3 45 minute streams of over 3 weeks to discuss this stuff like it was huge. Could have posted all these changes in a press release and just left it there.

I can write a little more detailed thing in a minute but bottom line is to stepping-stone dump everything into one character after another. So clear content with one guy to get as high as possible, then infuse all the highest stuff into the second character. When you clear content with that alt, all your drops will be much higher especially since the weapons and ghost transfer directly. Repeat for 3rd character and you should start seeing all 334-335 drops. In fact you'll get so many of them that you can cycle duplicate gear slots back to your first two characters that you originally stole from, if that makes sense.

You want to get one character as high as possible, as fast as possible. That way he can be a high-light generating machine. The last alt I leveled hit 334, but all the gear he generated can get both my first two guys up to 333.

Nice that makes sense. Yea whenever you have time if you can explain which activities in order I should be doing for my first character and then going forward to repeat with #2-3

Played a couple hours this evening and it's cool, but even knowing what this update entailed I still find myself a little underwhelmed. They shouldn't have even called this new "quest" a quest at all. 335, it's just impossible to care about and none of the weapons changes feel significant one way or the other.

I started playing this game again recently in anticipation of this update and oddly enough the update is going to lead to me dialing this Destiny thing back/off again. It's amusing how they had 3 45 minute streams of over 3 weeks to discuss this stuff like it was huge. Could have posted all these changes in a press release and just left it there.

I concur.

It would've been more exciting if they forego the streams and just dropped it all at once. "Hey we added a quest, more exotic updates, and this whole new microtransaction stuff."

I mean...I don't like the MT stuff but you know what I mean.

Calling it a "quest" is rich. It's a one room mission, a material gathering step & the strike. It was a lot of fun to run with Dorrsom, but it's embarrasingly light.

New flawless emblem is a no-go for me. Bummer.

Only thing left for me is building a set of the new PS Exclusive Titan armor & that only drops in-mission during PvE. I still haven't played the campaign on my alts, so I'll probably do that and hope to get sublime engrams that I can pass to my Titan.

PoE is PoE. They tightened it up a bit, which is good. But I dunno.

That and try to catch Ape & Igor when I can for Trials.

Top Bottom