• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Yeah, you'd definitely get something better. Probably max light. I was 332 when we cleared our last challenge mode and both artifacts that dropped were 335.

I haven't logged into Division since the update downloaded, so I dunno what my gear score is but I'm sure it's not good. Although I do know a couple dudes who are pretty hardcore into it, they carried me and Unstable through our initial challenge modes. Last I talked to them they were looking for two other solid players to run the incursions. We haven't grinded nearly enough to be helpful but I could maybe hook you up with them if you're in need of quality PC teammates.

Yea, I could at least add them and see if they ever need a body sometime I can run. It's so silly how the leader can just kick people willy nilly. Some leaders even kick people at the end of missions before they get loot.

Edit: Embarrasing Top of page XBox Destiny April Update Hype!

ZN923Uo.jpg

Kalamari

Ya, I'm not particularly impressed with TheDivision update either. However, I will probably keep horsing around in the DZ as long as there are people around to play with.

Did 3X NF & 3X Raid.

I got my Warlock and Titan up to 330 with my PvP gear. My Warlock is around 328 when I transfer weapons. I also got some 334 loot from the raid including helmets, primaries, heavy, and artifacts.

I tried out the Suros in PvP and it didn't seem too hype? Maybe I am missing something. Are folks using Spinning Up or Focused Fire?

Fusion Rifles are legit. I used the one the Gunsmith had last week and did some work.

I never got any free Sterling boxes :( sounds like a bug?

I did get two pieces of the new titan armor set.

I will dive into the story and PoE tomorrow.

really enjoyed the patch, however this live team needs stuff like this at least every 2 months. Ive done everything on my titan.

edit: why would rep package from petra give me a year 1 sniper rifle? 160 damange?? THE FUCK

really enjoyed the patch, however this live team needs stuff like this at least every 2 months. Ive done everything on my titan.

Definitely having small updates, maybe 1-2 quests, 1 updated strike, maybe balance every 2 months would be king. Again I bring this up, Riot does it for League. They introduce new a new champion every month, as well as balance changes, reworks, and general updates on a monthly basis. Bungie should up their support team for a game as big as Destiny with Microtransactions.

Did 3X NF & 3X Raid.

I got my Warlock and Titan up to 330 with my PvP gear. My Warlock is around 328 when I transfer weapons. I also got some 334 loot from the raid including helmets, primaries, heavy, and artifacts.

I tried out the Suros in PvP and it didn't seem too hype? Maybe I am missing something. Are folks using Spinning Up or Focused Fire?

Fusion Rifles are legit. I used the one the Gunsmith had last week and did some work.

I never got any free Sterling boxes :( sounds like a bug?

I did get two pieces of the new titan armor set.

I will dive into the story and PoE tomorrow.

I was definitely wrong about Suros. I thought it was going to be big in PvP, but nope. It's not that great.

lt519

Division end game flopped hard, ready to jump back into Destiny. Haven't been listening too closely to the news since I expected mostly minor updates; but, Taken Skolas School? Can't wait for the next IB, really loved Destiny PvP.

Being 334 today reminds me a little bit of way back in vanilla, when I was on of the first people to hit Lv30 thanks to godly RNG. So many invites and friend requests from Tower randos, lol.

Yea, I could at least add them and see if they ever need a body sometime I can run. It's so silly how the leader can just kick people willy nilly. Some leaders even kick people at the end of missions before they get loot.

Welp, I just loaded Division and shockingly my gear score is somehow 168. So we could try to run it sometime. I'd still like to experience the Incursions even if that's pretty much the end of my Division "career."

Being 334 today reminds me a little bit of way back in vanilla, when I was on of the first people to hit Lv30 thanks to godly RNG. So many invites and friend requests from Tower randos, lol.

Welp, I just loaded Division and shockingly my gear score is somehow 168. So we could try to run it sometime. I'd still like to experience the Incursions even if that's pretty much the end of my Division "career."

Haha nice! Your RNG is awesome today. Yea, I'd be down to run it sometime.

Still can't believed I wasted $40 on that season pass of the Division. That could've went towards Ratchet and Clank

Haha I was thinking that exact same thing about 45 minutes ago.

Yes. She did it after TTK, it's normal. Not sure why they brought forward Petra quests into year 2 with year 1 rewards, though.

Ok thanks for the info.

I also was miffed that both of my friends got drops in orbit after checking off the challenge of the elders card but I got nothing. One of them got a 320 queen breakers

Ranked up my DO rank and got a 325 Patch A with field choke, crowd control, rangefinder, and rifled. Should I keep or infuse?

Also finally, after so many DO rank ups, Revenant shader!!!

I already love this update :p

Frenden

Banned
All right if we can get a third. Last section can get a bit sticky.

My Friends List has disappeared on me.

I'd like to get my light level a bit higher so I can decrypt the exotic engrams hiding in my vault.

I was having some PSN problems with adding friends (the notifications and friends sections just kept timing out. Boo. I ended up seeing two friends running it and went that route.

Mindlog

It may just be my lack of sleep, but there are a bunch of undocumented QOL improvements.
I can't tell if armor is taking more or less XP, but some parts seems to be upgrading much faster than others. Weird. Also, Sunsinger is generating more orbs per hive major and the cap is 1 higher? Other stuff.
I was having some PSN problems with adding friends (the notifications and friends sections just kept timing out. Boo. I ended up seeing two friends running it and went that route.
No problem at all. Same for me. Ended up running PoE 41 with Kadey. Pretty easy.

Got the white ship and white glowy sparrow.

Also the Gunsmith was kind enough to give me a perfectly rolled 329 Judith. Not bad.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So most people have their core groups and I'm a peg trying to fit into a circle...

Still productive day

Edging the factions was fucking crucial
Drizzys sage post missed that part

I went on my 320 Hunter, pushed factions over

Vanguard, DO, Crucible, Petra, Variks
5 new items to use

320 Titan
Vanguard, DO, Gunsmith, Crucible, Variks

319 Warlock
Vanguard, DO x3 (material offered, heavy weapon and relic iron stockpile), Gunsmith

So before even touching anything all 3 were ranging from 320-323

Try to get 1 of each weapon infused up

I had a 326 Hung Jury, 331 Black Spindle, 325 Harrowed LMG
Then I just kept sending that set to each character and let them level up through activities

Right now all 3 look low level but get boosted with weapon and ghost set, left side set

319 Warlock jumps to 323
320 Titan jumps to 325
320 Hunter jumps to 326/7

Now I have 2 NF still to do on Hunter, Warlock
2 Full Raids also for Titan, Warlock
Hunter just needs Oryx

So every activity I do I'll carry my left gear set with me to boost the LL
Then you take the left over gear and feed it to the lowest LL

Also a quick heads up don't burn your Antiquated Ruins just yet!
Get to at least LL330
Why?
Unless you have 20+ laying and are OK wasting them, up to you
That way you will always gain 1 LL+ at least

Also helping others sometimes pays off in CoO

Was a good day to enjoy some of the stuff offered
Tomorrow I'll do some more
Weekend is gonna be hectic with Trials lol and people almost reaching 335 already

On one side its good that everything is streamlined to a point and reaching max will make side upgrading and infusing pieces way quicker
On the other hand once this wears off which this will quickly there will be a huge gap for players to reach top threshold unless really helped out

JayHayabusa

Planning a hard mode raid for 4 pm GMT.

Let the slow creep to 335 begin (not everyone got Drizzy's godly RNG:) )

1. jayforone

Please quote this post and sign up.

Number45

I had a Lyudmila-D drop with Glass Half Full, Spray and Play and Hald-Laid Stock. Seems like it might be a decent option for PvE if that archetype will be viable after the small buff they received.

I do like that any drop with good rolls is now worth keeping and relatively easy to make viable with 1:1 infusion.

phen0m24

Ya, I'm not particularly impressed with TheDivision update either. However, I will probably keep horsing around in the DZ as long as there are people around to play with.

:(

The DZ is the best thing in the game. Combining Patrol and PvP is brilliant. I don't think outside of the 6 man treasure key gold rush I've ever had such chaotic fun. There's nothing like it! (But it too will turn into a slog)

Division end game flopped hard, ready to jump back into Destiny. Haven't been listening too closely to the news since I expected mostly minor updates; but, Taken Skolas School? Can't wait for the next IB, really loved Destiny PvP.

Flopped? The game has been out for what, a month? The game can still evolve. If they keep giving guaranteed yellow drops, I mean I got like 9 today alone! That's fun. Yes, they need a raid and crafting costs went berserk, but they'll get feedback and read metrics too.

Still can't believed I wasted $40 on that season pass of the Division. That could've went towards Ratchet and Clank

While part of me agrees, namely based on how amazing R&C is, if Ubi can expand the fun of the Dark Zone in future updates I think it will be worth it.

Haha I was thinking that exact same thing about 45 minutes ago.

See I've been thinking about both games. I play them because of the people. Not because of the game. Because in 2 weeks, chasing numbers in either game will be boring. No doubt. But shooting crap in either game, in a group, yukking it up, having fun - that's what it's about. I'm not going to trash Destiny like it's old news or something - I love it. But the games are the exact same thing.

Level up so I can shoot things.
Shoot things so I can level up.

I'm still blown away by the way the DZ has captivated me. Yeah I might get a mod, or some other bleh high end, but the thrill of the drop PLUS the thrill of having to play CHESS to extract it, PLUS being able to trade with someone in my fireteam - that's something that Bungie should really look into. While winning a pvp round or finishing a nightfall or raid is great, touches like above would make them ridiculous. What if you had to extract exotic engrams? Holy smoke patrol just got 3,968% more chaotic, you know?

:)

I'm up at 3:45 with heartburn. Forgive my ramblings.

WipedOut

So, productive day using the Drizz strat.

331 - Titan
329 - Hunter
329 - Warlock

All in all a very good day

Oh, and 333 Imago Loop Hype!

Oh no, Colonel has been Taken! ;_;

So, productive day using the Drizz strat.

331 - Titan
329 - Hunter
329 - Warlock

All in all a very good day

Oh, and 333 Imago Loop Hype!

Nice bro, glad to hear of your success with the Drizz strat. Please comment, like and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more hot Destiny tips.

wow did anyone think that new Strike was any good?

it was really meh and I was laughing all the way through it, thinking to myself that this cant be the new strike. it was so unbelievably uninspiring and bland.

Top Bottom