• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Guys I finally hit 320, first and foremost I'd like to thank god, then my mom, then DGAF, and finally, bungie for raising the light level so I could actually hit the previous cap

This April Update wasn't that fun... Just feels super boring, oh and there was like seven times I died during the Challenge of Elders to get more ammo.

Ammo nerf was horrible.

Don't the perks get overridden when you infuse it? Which if so it begs the question why it rolls with perks in the first place.

It doesn't, how would it work infusing blues into it

Can anyone confirm?

edit-I'll login and confirm..

I can confirm

it doesn't override perks

say what you will

But if you can keep buying packages to get gear with specific perks, no matter how long it takes you, it's p2w if those perks give you an edge.

ocean

Banned
I can confirm

it doesn't override perks

say what you will

But if you can keep buying packages to get gear with specific perks, no matter how long it takes you, it's p2w if those perks give you an edge.

"Edge" meaning what, a specific primary reload? I mean you know as well as we all do that armor perks in this game matter for veeeeeery little. The best you can shoot for is a Tier 5 stat setup but you can do that with basically any armor you infuse.

Warlock DO set was DIS+STR with double Sniper ammo (don't know if they changed it). You can buy a set of armor from the vendors (you might need more than one vendor) with basically any stat load out you want, and just like with the Taken stuff you'll have to infuse it.

Besides, PoE armor (on which the taken set is based) is the only armor set which approaches the ugly of KF armor. Those Hunter pants are painful to look at and the Titan helm RIP the cow dream

Chucker

My Xbox babbies are 310,07, and 03.
Nightfall is probably a bad idea, huh?
Edit: Got my Sterling on XONE, but my PS4 characters didn't get it.

"Edge" meaning what, a specific primary reload? I mean you know as well as we all do that armor perks in this game matter for veeeeeery little. The best you can shoot for is a Tier 5 stat setup but you can do that with basically any armor you infuse.

Warlock DO set was DIS+STR with double Sniper ammo (don't know if they changed it). You can buy a set of armor from the vendors (you might need more than one vendor) with basically any stat load out you want, and just like with the Taken stuff you'll have to infuse it.

Besides, PoE armor (on which the taken set is based) is the only armor set which approaches the ugly of KF armor. Those Hunter pants are painful to look at and the Titan helm RIP the cow dream

you can buy a full set of vendor armor after grinding for weeks

or

just lay down cash until you get the perfect rolls

slippery slope ocean, you should know, you're a body of water. that's a joke. because your name is ocean. and oceans are large body of waters separating mainlands, and therefore the joke is that a slippery slope is slippery because it's wet because of water. and oceans are water.

seriously though, if you really want to focus on having extra sniper rifle ammo or autorifle ammo, or a helmet with a perk that gives you shield for light orbs picked up, or reload speed, it'll give you an edge in pvp if that's how you play and you manage to pay your way to having a full set with your wanted perks.

You might not consider it p2w, but the criteria for something being p2w starts and stops at 'Does it give you an advantage y/n'. If those things, perks for instance, give you that edge, then yes it is.

Arrrammis

Does anyone want to do a normal mode KF or run heroic strikes? Im at light level 311 so I think it would be a challenge to get through hard mode or do the nightfall. Although, I know that you guys love a challenge!

ocean

Banned
Slayerage grinding for highest PoE Challenge score in the lamest way possible.

Teammates jumping off room and he revives them, in an infinite loop. It builds his super, so he can pop a bubble and get "Orbs generated" points.

He apparently plans on doing this forever :p

Score challenges with no time limit are kinda silly tbh

Thanks guys, that part at the end is a bit rough lol. Chur you got some decent drops from NF today, a reward for all the heavy lifting you did lol!

Slayerage grinding for highest PoE Challenge score in the lamest way possible.

Teammates jumping off room and he revives them, in an infinite loop. It builds his super, so he can pop a bubble and get "Orbs generated" points.

He apparently plans on doing this forever :p

Score challenges with no time limit are kinda silly tbh
Is there a reward for high score? Or is this just for leaderboard bragging rights? (Which seem diluted if you exploited a design loophole to get there...)

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone doing Challenge of Elders and have space for one more? I've finished a card on my Warlock already but want to run on my Titan now, and id has bailed on me ;_;

1:1 infusion, a chance to finally clear out my vault.

And B.net transfer API is flaking out.

Can't get anything without swapping toons, which ain't nobody got time for that.

Bungie, pls.

Why do I not have the larger Vault space? Anyone else still only have 2 pages?
I only have two pages, but it's because my second page isn't full. For me it says 60-something out of 108. I'm sure if you fill out the second page the third will show up. Otherwise it'd be a page a blank cells.

Also, ya'll need to use Ishtar Commander.

FYI it's totally possible to hit the 90k cumulative score in two runs of Challenge of Elders. We got 43.5k even though I got disconnected (was able to rejoin though!) which screwed up our time.

FYI it's totally possible to hit the 90k cumulative score in two runs of Challenge of Elders. We got 43.5k even though I got disconnected (was able to rejoin though!) which screwed up our time.
Did you set out with the goal of getting it in two runs? I feel like if you just run through it it's going to take at least 3.

Bring a Telesto with you to the Nightfall.

Me and JP 2-manned it with us at 317 and 319.

Took a bit to learn and adapt, but it wasn't bad.

I recommend a Defender for when the boss hits 20% though.

Are you gonna do more runs? Im about to really start playing this update so to bring back old times of my first Skolas clear i wanted to play with you :p

Top Bottom