• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Thanks!

So my goal is to get enough legendary marks to either bring all my armour and weapons forward or hope better weapons/ armour drop in the meantime - makes sense!

Quite like the idea of keeping my ice breaker and other weapons going forward so I'll maybe see what the vendors can do for me there!

Unfortunately Icebreaker is not a year 2 weapon so you can not increase its damage values beyond max year 1 light of 170.

What's a really good heavy weapon I can buy from any of the vendors? Want to get something to infuse one of my dread fangs into. The only high level heavies I've got is the Thunderlord and the raid rocket with terrible perks.

So how many Sterling Boxes will we get per account per week?

1x by logging on at the Post Master
1x from the Weekly Crucible
1x from Challenge of Elders

Is that for all characters? Or just one?

jschreier

I'm still trying to understand how this dude was supposed to take Oryx's throne when
he was just a big knight who could turn the floor into poison?

Trakan

I forgot I got this bad boy earlier until Vaal was frothing at the mouth and I remembered.

Cf5_udQUMAEkR0G.jpg:large

That's got nothing on the one I just got:

FyreWulff

Just once per week per account for each of those sources

Also you get a separate Eververse roll (which can be nothing) off Nightfalls now.

Account wide, so only 3 per week.

Also, did they fix the postmaster sterling box issue? Still haven't gotten mine.

I'm still trying to understand how this dude was supposed to take Oryx's throne when he was just a big knight who could turn the floor into poison?

You're saying you actually paid attention to the 'story'?

Lol you'll be lucky to hit anything point blank with that stability.

lol yea, infusion fodder.

Where does that drop anyway, is that a strike exclusive?

316/317 is good enough for challenge of the elders, right? I want to do one tonight before I try to get my first hard KF raid done this weekend. I kinda took a break right when hardmode came out and just couldn't be bothered to get my light up.

Updated list below

Planning a hard mode raid for 4 pm GMT -- 12 pm EST

Let the slow creep to 335 begin (not everyone got Drizzy's godly RNG:) )

1. jayforone
2. hedera_
3. WeTeHa
4. Darryl_M_R
5.Inc
6. Nami

Please quote this post and sign up.

We still on for less than 30 minutes? I'll be using a new headphone so it might not pick up right away, but I'm on and listening

JayHayabusa

We still on for less than 30 minutes? I'll be using a new headphone so it might not pick up right away, but I'm on and listening

Still on

Im online now

The roster is

1. jayforone
2. hedera_
3. WeTeHa
4. Darryl_M_R
5.Inc
6. Nami

Everyone feel free to join on me. And lets create a party

Drizzay please.

lol check your PMs again. I promise it's not a fake out this time :p

FOMO creeping in
Drizzay 334

But the DZ

Nah, don't sweat the FOMO. The new end game leveling system is so much better that everybody will be getting up towards max light before long, even if playing much more casually. A few raids, a few nightfalls, a few PoEs and it'll all start adding up.

I still want to try the Incursions at least once. Probably gonna wait til after DS3 though.

Opened 4 sterling treasures and got 3 helmets and 1 boots. Ugh...

Havnt really got a chance to play much yet. But i am bored already. I was really looking forward to new Destiny stuff as i really missed playing it.

But if im bored after 2 hours of playing. I just dont know

Nothus

What's a really good heavy weapon I can buy from any of the vendors? Want to get something to infuse one of my dread fangs into. The only high level heavies I've got is the Thunderlord and the raid rocket with terrible perks.

I think the crucible vendor is selling a smolder with tracking and 3 shells in each round. Not amazing, but decent enough I'd say.

Look at the patch notes for Division and start to get pissed. Switch over to Destiny to see what's up and a single tear rolls down my cheek... There has to be a catch, Bungie isn't this nice.

WipedOut

Look at the patch notes for Division and start to get pissed. Switch over to Destiny to see what's up and a single tear rolls down my cheek... There has to be a catch, Bungie isn't this nice.

I mean I can't believe they actually fixed it. To feel progression at almost every spot in the raid is awesome. I got class Items on all 3 daughters. Only thing that didn't drop were helmets. O fer 3, but my 333 Hung Jury, imago loop and 330 Malice say Hi

"They fixed it"

So how's the Zen Meteor? Happy to see it has field scout what w/ the ammo changes.

Bro, you don't even know. You don't even know how good Field Scout is. You want OP perks? Well, how does ONE EXTRA SNIPER ROUND sound to you?

I see your look of shocked disbelief. Trust me, I couldn't believe they let something that powerful out the door either.

Namikaze1

Still can't believe all the troubles both updates, Division's more so, has had. I honestly feel bad for all the Division Xbox players who lost their characters due to the update.

Just found out about the hotfix they put out for CM drops and the incursion as well. Goddammit, Massive.

As for Bungie, I keep having enemies teleporting everywhere. Not players. Regular ass enemies. Didn't experience that during the few days I logged in before the patch. And then there's the Sterling Box postmaster issue for a lot of folks.

Lee

I'm still trying to understand how this dude was supposed to take Oryx's throne when
he was just a big knight who could turn the floor into poison?

I'm with you. Nothing in the game or his grim card makes him out to be a real threat. I guess we've just killed every other ranking Taken in the system so he saw an opportunity? The grim card makes him out be an opportunistic sort of guy so maybe that's the angle.

LTWood12

Bro, you don't even know. You don't even know how good Field Scout is. You want OP perks? Well, how does ONE EXTRA SNIPER ROUND sound to you?

I see your look of shocked disbelief. Trust me, I couldn't believe they let something that powerful out the door either.

One extra round in reserve. Are you serious?

Xplicitone - that looks like an awesome Swarm! I got a void one early in year 1 as one of my first legendaries for dealing with minotaurs and it was awesome!

I got a shadow price with handlaid stock and counterbalance - I assume that's good for PvP with that much stability?

In terms of heavies - I would try to get a raid machine gun, or any of the slower firing higher impact ones. RL's are only useful for PvP and maybe the prison of E.

Is anyone still playing on Xbox and want to do challenge mode in around 6 hours!?

Unfortunately they literally reset all the vendor weapon perks yesterday, with the April update. The default answer to this question used to be the Dead Orbit scout rifle Hung Jury but I dunno what the new perks are, presumably not as good. The Vanguard sniper 1000 Yard Stare was also a safe bet but they just nerfed it's ammo reserve pretty hard in the update.

I haven't checked the new vendor rolls at all yet, so maybe someone else can chime in if there are some early fan favorites out there.

316/317 is good enough for challenge of the elders, right? I want to do one tonight before I try to get my first hard KF raid done this weekend. I kinda took a break right when hardmode came out and just couldn't be bothered to get my light up.

Yeah, that's fine. Worse case scenario is you might have a hard time getting the high score depending on the light/skill of the people playing with you. If you aren't going for high score then there's no real pressure. Just take as much time as needed to get it done, it's only 3 rounds after all.

All of you people crying for a sniper nerf played yourselves because Snipers are exactly the same. If you want real change, there has to be a complete overhaul in Destiny 2.

One extra round in reserve. Are you serious?

Sadly yes. I haven't tested it with different combinations of sniper ammo chests/boots/exotic armors etc. But with sniper boots I could hold 17 total rounds, then switching to field scout pumped me up to 18. Sniper ammo nerf is so bad for PvE.

LTWood12

Sadly yes. I haven't tested it with different combinations of sniper ammo chests/boots/exotic armors etc. But with sniper boots I could hold 17 total rounds, then switching to field scout pumped me up to 18. Sniper ammo nerf is so bad for PvE.

smh. It seems like a decent special weapon for prison of the elders, but w/ the ammo nerf, having to use 3 sniper rounds on fodder in order to get the laser beam don't seem all that great.

All of you people crying for a sniper nerf played yourselves because Snipers are exactly the same. If you want real change, there has to be a complete overhaul in Destiny 2.

In the few matches of PvP I've played, everything does feel the same with the exception of Fusion Rifles. I was getting some solid kills. I'm sure that will change come Trials when it's just 3v3.

I need that Cat Emblem Drizz and Igor! Excited for Friday.

Top Bottom