• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

shenze

Banned
Sounds like there's not much challenge then?
Me and optimus did it last night. It wasn't even challenging with 2 people. We ended up with 43,000, but we weren't even focusing on precision kills in the 1st round. I sure hope the modifiers make it more challenging in the coming weeks.

Matchmaking is as shit as ever. My skirmish lobbies have consisted of players from Russia, Kuwait, Jordan and Saudi

Edit I'd say whatever there intentions with snipers were it's not working, it's going to be a long 4 months

My favorite part of this update. I can stop fussing over a million different pulse rifles and just buy that one now. If I decide to play PvP again it's there.

Did you read the patch notes? There's a pretty good one that I refuse to give a direct response.

It's weird. They did some Crucible specific changes for the Thorn too(Noticeably the tick damage reduction), yet Bungie felt the need to nerf PvE special ammo. It's...just...uugh

LTWood12

Badger CCL can't roll firefly in year 2. Wet fart sound

edit: Knew it. Rapier can't either. Reason people even liked that weapon is because you could buy it w/ outlaw and firefly. Now you get guerilla fighter and eye of the storm! Jesus.

Badger CCL can't roll firefly in year 2. Wet fart sound

edit: Knew it. Rapier can't either. Reason people even liked that weapon is because you could buy it w/ outlaw and firefly. Now you get guerilla fighter and eye of the storm! Jesus.

I'd face palm, but it costs 500 silver.

So is Hung Jury still the best primary for pve? I personally haven't found a replacement since the day I got it.

Also, how are hand cannons in pvp now? I miss Hawkmoon.

shermas

Anyone have exotics rolling out at 310ish? Really bumming me out. Also, I've used about 15 3oC so far this morning and haven't picked up a single engram yet... Laaaaaaaaaame.

Unfortunately they literally reset all the vendor weapon perks yesterday, with the April update. The default answer to this question used to be the Dead Orbit scout rifle Hung Jury but I dunno what the new perks are, presumably not as good. The Vanguard sniper 1000 Yard Stare was also a safe bet but they just nerfed it's ammo reserve pretty hard in the update.

I haven't checked the new vendor rolls at all yet, so maybe someone else can chime in if there are some early fan favorites out there.

I'm looking for a new heavy weapon. Already got the pre patch stuff like hung jury.

Kyne

so I heard you like the Division.

j04WAh5.gif

I just want to say something:

I have been playing games consistently for close to 30 years years. This game is probably the best I have ever played. I get very angry with the changes that are made sometimes, and the repeated punishment of players enjoyment, and grind. That said,

This update is awesome.I feel real progression, and I am not in a rush to get to 335. I am enjoying it too much. Currently both my characters are at 223. I have a real connection to my characters, I care about them.

1) I will never forget the first time I entered the VOG with a fire team. I was in Awe the whole time.

2) I will never forget the first time I got a G-Horn

3) I will never forget the first time I beat Crota using the disconnect method. And the awesome despawn method at the bridge lol.

4) I will never forget the first time I beat Oryx after a 4 hour marathon try.

5) Being carried to the Light house. I didn't want to leave.

While I really hate this game sometimes, It has given me memories that I will take with me for ever. The friends and community is something the developers can never take away from me. I love you all.

Shout out to the D-Gaf Xbox One Unicorns. Well still be punished 5 years from now for playing this on xbox one.

Totally agree with this post (except the lighthouse part as I've never been!).

BUT most importantly - I echo the shout-out to Xbone unicorns! :) Maybe we can use this free update to unite in the thread and make a bit of room in between the PS4 LFG posts :)

How long does that take?

Not terribly long. A couple hours at most. Do the story missions (at least to the point of unlocking your third subclass) and try to clear any relevant bounties at the same time. Crucible bounties can also tend to line up so you can clear ~5 of them in only 2 or 3 games.

WeTeHa

You know... after months of doing the raid and never getting a 320 class item... the first class item I get when 335 is the max is 320. GG destiny.

Anybody interested in HM raid? Starting at 10 pm CET (2 hours from now). I can run x2 if we have enough interested people. I have totems cp. We have (at least) 1 spot.

1. WeTeHa
2. Pandora
3. Jafku
4. Light_Knight_Sky (?)
5. Der_Pate (?)

Shiv47

If my friend is at 301, and we don't have time to raid, what's the best/fastest way to level him up with the new content? Getting the new sword for the 320 item and then CoO for artifacts/etc?

If my friend is at 301, and we don't have time to raid, what's the best/fastest way to level him up with the new content? Getting the new sword for the 320 item and then CoO for artifacts/etc?

I wonder if CoO would be best. I'm going to give it a shot...eventually. Too busy with work ATM.

You know... after months of doing the raid and never getting a 320 class item... the first class item I get when 335 is the max is 320. GG destiny.

Anybody interested in HM raid? Starting at 10 pm CET (2 hours from now). I can run x2 if we have enough interested people. I have totems cp. We have (at least) 1 spot.

1. WeTeHa
2. Pandora
3. Jafku
4. Light_Knight_Sky (?)
5. Der_Pate (?)
6. Thenal84

I am in for this. I added my name. That's 2 pm PST right?

I should be around for around most of the day Friday. Hopefully we can make it happen in your time constraints!

You & Igor are my squad, Ape! But I just saw that on twitter and had to make the joke.

I'm up for trying again this Friday. My Glass Promotory can rez-snipe now! It's a whole new world!

darthbob

Would work both ways though. Besides that customization would be much better if you could see your character all the time.

I'd be in favor of a 3rd person Clash type PvP mode, and you're right, it'd work both ways with regards to shotgun campers. Would make for some interesting engagements.

WeTeHa

1. WeTeHa
2. Pandora
3. Jafku
4. Light_Knight_Sky (?)
5. Thenal84
6. hedera_

Friend can't make it, so we still need at least 1 more. Starting in about 1 hour!

dudes, none of the engrams I decrypted last night were even close to higher light level than what I already have.

Wasn't smart loot supposed to be improved or is that only through the content that is advertised to drop up to 330-335 LL?

LTWood12

dudes, none of the engrams I decrypted last night were even close to higher light level than what I already have.

Wasn't smart loot supposed to be improved or is that only through the content that is advertised to drop up to 330-335 LL?

Legendary engrams can't decrypt any higher than 310.

Top Bottom