• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

smh. It seems like a decent special weapon for prison of the elders, but w/ the ammo nerf, having to use 3 sniper rounds on fodder in order to get the laser beam don't seem all that great.

The gun looks beautiful and feels great to shoot. But the perk is crazy situational since you not only have to get a kill with all 3 shots, but they have to be "rapid" kills whatever that means. And then you only have 5 seconds to shoot the bonus dynamite round. I only managed to do it once, while clearing Golgi adds, and it didn't exactly knock my socks off.

One detail I absolutely love is the fancy decoration they put in the scope. It's a fun gun to use, but my initial impression plants it squarely in the "novelty" section of exotics. Time will tell.

Cf7zjfdUkAI9mz5.jpg:large

LTWood12

The gun looks beautiful and feels great to shoot. But the perk is crazy situational since you not only have to get a kill with all 3 shots, but they have to be "rapid" kills whatever that means. And then you only have 5 seconds to shoot the bonus dynamite round. I only managed to do it once, while clearing Golgi adds, and it didn't exactly knock my socks off.

One detail I absolutely love is the fancy decoration they put in the scope. It's a fun gun to use, but my initial impression plants it squarely in the "novelty" section of exotics. Time will tell.

Cf7zjfdUkAI9mz5.jpg:large

Sounds about right. It certainly looks the part. When it bursts into flames that shit looks incredible. But there sure is a lot of gating on that signature perk. Remember Wolfpack rounds? They should 'sploded on every shot, no prerequisites required.

Homeboyd

Tell all us PVE players that. It wasn't a PVP nerf it was PVE nerf. We kept constantly running out of ammo during Warpriest and Golgo
Meleeing raid bosses to death was the intended way to complete those challenges. This is a fighter, not a shooter. Please understand and adapt. Thank you.

~mgmt

Kalamari

:(

The DZ is the best thing in the game. Combining Patrol and PvP is brilliant. I don't think outside of the 6 man treasure key gold rush I've ever had such chaotic fun. There's nothing like it! (But it too will turn into a slog)

I agree, the DZ is excellent, but it's not much fun running alone, the drops really need to be improved though.

And I love that you can circumvent the four player team member limit with shenanigans, more players = more fun.

BTW, anyone need HM Golgi CP?

darknil

Tried yesterday the NF with 2 friends, we were all 319. Wow! I haven't had to plan a NF since Y1! It was very good to have that kind of challenge back outside the raid. Although getting cheap deaths with the void missiles was kind of lame.

Although it left me worried, is CoE much harder? Do I need to grind the raid to get close to 330 so I can do CoE?

I don't know if it's just a placebo effect but I enjoyed playing with fusion rifles yesterday, specially bringing back the Susanoo for my Warlock.

I've got a Thesan with cool perks for my Hunter and I've bought the Long Far Gone from the vendor yesterday, any recommendations? Did I wasted 150 marks on that one?

Mindlog

Obviously his skill is a million times better than mine but this felt good.

http://i.imgur.com/mlBFc6b.gif
My favorite part of this update. I can stop fussing over a million different pulse rifles and just buy that one now. If I decide to play PvP again it's there.
I told you guys

I toooold y*gets shot*
Did you read the patch notes? There's a pretty good one that I refuse to give a direct response.
Reduced the amount of ammo granted by Crucible-specific Heavy Ammo bricks to grant 0.375 of inventory (was 0.5)

I just want to say something:

I have been playing games consistently for close to 30 years years. This game is probably the best I have ever played. I get very angry with the changes that are made sometimes, and the repeated punishment of players enjoyment, and grind. That said,

This update is awesome.I feel real progression, and I am not in a rush to get to 335. I am enjoying it too much. Currently both my characters are at 223. I have a real connection to my characters, I care about them.

1) I will never forget the first time I entered the VOG with a fire team. I was in Awe the whole time.

2) I will never forget the first time I got a G-Horn

3) I will never forget the first time I beat Crota using the disconnect method. And the awesome despawn method at the bridge lol.

4) I will never forget the first time I beat Oryx after a 4 hour marathon try.

5) Being carried to the Light house. I didn't want to leave.

While I really hate this game sometimes, It has given me memories that I will take with me for ever. The friends and community is something the developers can never take away from me. I love you all.

Shout out to the D-Gaf Xbox One Unicorns. Well still be punished 5 years from now for playing this on xbox one.

shermas

Are NF and the PoE challenge doable at 312? I think that's as high as I can get right now.

I rolled out 2 exotics that I'd saved, but they came out at 313. :(... Weren't they supposed to roll out higher?

LTWood12

I have been playing games consistently for close to 30 years years. This game is probably the best I have ever played. I get very angry with the changes that are made sometimes, and the repeated punishment of players enjoyment, and grind. That said,

This update is awesome.I feel real progression, and I am not in a rush to get to 335. I am enjoying it too much. Currently both my characters are at 223. I have a real connection to my characters, I care about them.

1) I will never forget the first time I entered the VOG with a fire team. I was in Awe the whole time.

3) I will never forget the first time I beat Crota using the disconnect method. And the awesome despawn method at the bridge lol.

While I really hate this game sometimes, It has given me memories that I will take with me for ever. The friends and community is something the developers can never take away from me. I love you all.

Shout out to the D-Gaf Xbox One Unicorns. Well still be punished 5 years from now for playing this on xbox one.

Good vibes Liquid. Ditto.

X-Frame

This is definitely the week to use all your Antiquated Runes to level up -- Kagoor is so incredibly easy compared to the other 2. 30 seconds and it's over everytime.

Good post! Destiny will always be one of my best gaming experiences, if not the best, in my 20 plus years in gaming. The first time I did a raid with DGAF back during the VOG days it reallt started something for me and if not for this place, Destiny wouldn't feel as special. So the people of DGAF, from the vets to the new comers, thank you for all the great times you and this game have given me aND for the great times to come.

Lee

I can't remember the last time I had a ship drop prior to this update. Yesterday I received Teilhard War (FWC), Road Unraveled (FWC) Mind Bleacher (Crucible), Scorpio Miracle (?).

Feels good.

First nightfall completion in months, 315 vanguard shell. It's like the welcome back I always expected! Wiped got a 330 invective though, so that's cool.

Had an obscene number of misadventure deaths due to random geometry bugs when enemies spawned in...really ridiculous.

First nightfall completion in months, 315 vanguard shell. It's like the welcome back I always expected! Wiped got a 330 invective though, so that's cool.

Had an obscene number of misadventure deaths due to random geometry bugs when enemies spawned in...really ridiculous.

Especially in that room. It was borderline stupid.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Out of curiosity, if one were to start the game with characters from House of Wolves, what does one actually need to do to get to level 40 and start earning the new light level gear?

Top Bottom