• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Dez_

Looking to do HM KF+CM raid tonight at 8:30 EST from Totems or Golg
Will also do one tomorrow with Shiv.

1. Dreamgazer
2. Dthomp (if you're still in.)
3. Pandora012
4. TheTylerDurden

To be confirmed: darknil
If someone can't make it, I'll put my name down as a substitute.
psn: rcmDez

1. Dreamgazer
3. Pandora012
4. TheTylerDurden
5. Night_Knight
6. Darknil (need confirmation

sub: rcmDez

Ryck

Anyone else want to grind POE Challenge?

PSN:
Dominat-R

I am in orbit ready to go. We only need two of us but room for 3.

( I was two manning it yesterday)

Acidote

Ok, I really think the new improved loot is somehow only active over a certain light level threshold. I've just decrypted three legendary items, all of them under my current equiped item light level.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok, I really think the new improved loot is somehow only active over a certain light level threshold. I've just decrypted three legendary items, all of them under my current equiped item light level.
Rare and Legendary Engrams decrypt only to a maximum of 310.

Dthomp

1. Dreamgazer
3. Pandora012
4. TheTylerDurden
5. Night_Knight

Yeah I'm still in

SkylineRKR

Started Destiny after 5 months. Did the new Strike, got Hood of Malok.

Looked it up, saw its helm of krolok. Realized I farmed Phogoth for hours back in October, to no avail.

ocean

Banned
Only Exotic engrams are (usually) smart. You won't have much luck, if any, progressing with purple and blue engrams. But don't just auto dismantle! Perks and stats are way more important than Light, which will inevitably climb.

Sources of potential upgrades:

- Rank up Packages: the rep you get from matches is way up, a Crucible train for a while will probably rank your Crucible level and give you a nice drop. Failing that, stop by a Faction and dump some motes of light.
- Exotic engrams: make sure to buy 3oC from Xur tomorrow as these engrams have a very high chance of decrypting up to 6 Light higher than your current level.
- PoE: "Challenge" mode is a joke. Don't be afraid of going in even at low level. There's a guaranteed armor and weapon drop from the Sigil challenges - basically guaranteed upgrade unless you're already super high and have lots of 330+ pieces. There's also a random chance for good drops (this isn't guaranteed but drops are generous) for a high light Ghost or PoE exotic. I did like 6 runs with Wicked earlier and came out with a Dregs Promise, A Queenbreaker's Bow and a Ghost - all of them higher than my Light level at the time. This also ranked up my House of Judgment and Variks gave me a high light package.
- CoO Antiquated runes can allegedly reward high light artifacts but I haven't been able to test. I don't have Stolen Runes and my Tier 3 runes are uncharged :/

1. Dreamgazer
3. Pandora012
4. TheTylerDurden
5. Night_Knight

Overlooked ;( I signed up last page but assuming you missed it, I believe we're PSN friends so if you need a 6th send me a message.

Acidote

Oh, I just did a Tier 3 CoO that yielded a 317 light relic when mine is 320. I guess I'll abuse the hundred or so coins I already have this weekend.

And the NF reward was a 307 shell, having the 320 pink one equipped.

X-Frame

Would a 310 even be doable in the CoE this week because of the modifiers? I have a couple friends who are in the low 300's but should be 310 this weekend I'd say.

What is the minimum Light level at least in order to damage all enemies through the whole challenge?

By the way, don't turn in the 200 Glimmer items to Ives. The fucker steals them off you.

Several times yesterday I noticed that I would have 5-6 glimmer turn ins, I would go to turn one in, and then all of a sudden it would change to the engram turn in screen.

Didn't put 2 and 2 together until it was too late. Will grab a video for it as soon as I can for proof.

Basically, what he did to engrams pre-patch.

By the way, don't turn in the 200 Glimmer items to Ives. The fucker steals them off you.

Several times yesterday I noticed that I would have 5-6 glimmer turn ins, I would go to turn one in, and then all of a sudden it would change to the engram turn in screen.

Didn't put 2 and 2 together until it was too late. Will grab a video for it as soon as I can for proof.

I don't think he actually steals them, he just shows you more than what you actually have so it looks like he's stealing them, at least I remember hearing that from someone here but not entirely sure if that's the case.

Oh, I just did a Tier 3 CoO that yielded a 317 light relic when mine is 320. I guess I'll abuse the hundred or so coins I already have this weekend.

And the NF reward was a 307 shell, having the 320 pink one equipped.

The LL drop for those is based on your total light, not LL on individual pieces.

X-Frame

Side note but did anyone else think the new 2.20 splash (update) screen when logging in after the update looked exactly like what you see for Diablo 3 updates?

I thought I booted the wrong game for a second.

phen0m24

I KNEW IT! I WONDERED WHY and that has been happening for a while. "Back to the shooting, then..." Ives = dirtbag

Lnkn52

Side note but did anyone else think the new 2.20 splash (update) screen when logging in after the update looked exactly like what you see for Diablo 3 updates?

I thought I booted the wrong game for a second.

What does the Diablo splash screen look like?

Just getting back into crucible after a long while. Isn't there some sort of weekly thing with the crucible that gives you a nightfall tier roll or something?

Also, can I do anything with all my house judgment tokens I never used?

Just getting back into crucible after a long while. Isn't there some sort of weekly thing with the crucible that gives you a nightfall tier roll or something?

Also, can I do anything with all my house judgment tokens I never used?

There is a very large quest chain for the crucible that ends with a weekly bounty to get nightfall quality rewards.

Top Bottom