• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WipedOut

Looking to do HM KF+CM raid tonight at 8:30 EST from Totems.
Will also do one tomorrow with Shiv.

1. Dreamgazer
2. Dthomp (if you're still in.)

----------------------------
While I'm at it, Namikaze1 is doing on at 6:00 EST
1. Namikaze1
2.WeTeha
6 pm coach - I'll be running on Homeboyds account

Jafku

1. Dreamgazer

1. Namikaze1
2.WeTeha
4.Jafku
let's do it

Namikaze1

Raid on PS4 starting from totems @ 6PM Eastern (5 hours from now)

1. Me
2. WipedOut
3. Weteha
4. Thenal84
5. Jakfu

I just need to do the raid 2 more times this week. If we can do two runs today, I'll be ever so grateful.

Also, thanks for the list, Dream. Much appreciate it. :)

Hey guys. I haven't played this game since vanilla, where I brought a character up to cap and started getting a few legendary weapons. This was on PS3, so I don't know if I'll be able to retrieve that character if I move to PS4, or if that time frame has passed.

I have a few questions:

- If I buy The Taken King version, is that all I will need? Or are there other expansions I'd have to buy?

- Are the full-on raids the only content that I will need a put-together group for? Can I use Matchmaking for the rest?

- Is PvP more balanced now?

- If I have to start over, how difficult will it be for a new player to work through to level cap again? Will it be fairly quick? EDIT: I should add, how difficult will it be to get viable gear to where I'll be useful in PvE and on a level field in PvP?

- Is the Warlock still super bad ass?

Thanks, guys.

WipedOut

1. Me
2. WipedOut
3. Weteha
4. Thenal84
5. Jakfu

I just need to do the raid 2 more times this week. If we can do two runs today, I'll be ever so grateful.

I'll be running on Homeboyds account, if I haven't hit 310 by daughters then I'll switch to mine

darknil

Hey guys. I haven't played this game since vanilla, where I brought a character up to cap and started getting a few legendary weapons. This was on PS3, so I don't know if I'll be able to retrieve that character if I move to PS4, or if that time frame has passed.

I have a few questions:

- If I buy The Taken King version, is that all I will need? Or are there other expansions I'd have to buy?

- Are the full-on raids the only content that I will need a put-together group for? Can I use Matchmaking for the rest?

- If I have to start over, how difficult will it be for a new player to work through to level cap again? Will it be fairly quick? EDIT: I should add, how difficult will it be to get viable gear to where I'll be useful in PvE and on a level field in PvP?

Thanks, guys.

- You only need the TTK version (Legendary edition)
- Raids, Nightfalls and Challenge of the Elders and story missions don't have MM. Rest have, but for story you don't need a group.
- Generally yes.
- Just playing the story can get you to level 40 (I mean Vanilla + expansions). Even playing crucible can level you up fairly quick. If you are in a rush, getting TTK expansion grants you a level booster to level 25 but I don't recommend it.
- Yes, if you don't mind the jumping, warlock still wrecks.

1. Dreamgazer

1. Namikaze1
2.WeTeha

I'll be down for the 6pm run.

EDIT:

1. Me
2. WipedOut
3. Weteha
4. Thenal84
5. Jakfu
6. xplicitone

darthbob

Any Newbie KF raids going this weekend?

I've only ran KF NM once, ever, and want to get up to HM some day but need to practice the mechanics.

My least favorite thing in the game by a stark margin, with the Spindle mission among my favorites. I still only have one exotic sword and 4/10 mats for my second.

I got all of the mats— waiting on one friend to finish his farming for his second and third sword and then three of us are going to do the strike for arc and void.

I have a few questions:

Your best bet is to buy the full Taken king edition, which comes with the base game, the 2 year 1 DLC's and the Taken King (Year 2 DLC).

You can buy the taken king as a separate add-on, digitally, but it probably costs more now than the full taken king version (digital store pricing weirdness)

Match-making doesn't apply to Raids, Trials, and Challenge of elders (and maybe Skolas!?) oh - and nightfalls.

The PvP demi-gods on here can answer better than I - watching from a distance something always seems to be unbalanaced..but sometimes it's worse than others...

I think/assume character transfer works forever...but I haven't checked. Starting from scratch you're probably looking at a fair few hours to get gear and light levels up to snuff. It depends how many willing friends you have to carry you through stuff.

In terms of getting carried I think there is a hard cap of 40 light levels (or something like that) so you can't get completely carried through a nightfall, and drop 320 gear, when you're at 100.

Trying to power level through it may be quite painful/dull though - you may be better off just planning to roll through the quests and story etc and let max level (and high light level) happen naturally.

Always and forever - they have tried to nerf Ramlock but it's still golrious

Thanks, guys.

Looking to do HM KF+CM raid tonight at 8:30 EST from Totems or Golg

1. Dreamgazer
3. Pandora012
4. TheTylerDurden

To be confirmed: darknil

The character info is stored on Bungie's servers under your PSN/XBL accounts, so assuming your PSN account is the same then your character will be where you left him or her— with whatever level you reached.

Any Newbie KF raids going this weekend?

I've only ran KF NM once, ever, and want to get up to HM some day but need to practice the mechanics.

What is your anticipated light level going to be?
I can probably organize one this weekend, there are quite a few sub-300 gaffers that want to do it.

assuming I finish filing all the tax returns i have to file....

I would like to join

And you're in!

darthbob

What is your anticipated light level going to be?
I can probably organize one this weekend, there are quite a few sub-300 gaffers that want to do it.

assuming I finish filing all the tax returns i have to file....

I can reach 315, but with optimized gear it's probably gonna be ~310-312

Thanks for the replies!

The character info is stored on Bungie's servers under your PSN/XBL accounts, so assuming your PSN account is the same then your character will be where you left him or her— with whatever level you reached.

And this is awesome. What a great way of doing this.

I had a fear there was a time period to do it in, since this came out around the PS3/PS4 transition.

And this is awesome. What a great way of doing this.

Their companion apps and website gear manager all access the same data so it is platform agnostic. If it weren't for platform politics I am sure they could do XBL/PSN swaps via a person's bungie.net account that has both. Alas.

Edit: I may not be remembering bungie.net accounts correctly.

I had a fear there was a time period to do it in, since this came out around the PS3/PS4 transition.

The free digital upgrade is long over, but just after the TTK launched I loaded an alt up on the 360 while my partner played on the One.

I haven't tried the latest roll, but I can tell you that all Sidearms feel basically identical :(

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am going to grab it anyways. Shotgun ammo is nerfed into oblivion right now, and sidearms seem to be a little more ammo friendly. I feel like I can use them a bit more. and the roll is excellent.

Tether + weapons + blessing + ToM and you can kill the Servitor boss easily in under 8 seconds. LOL

I don't think it's really worth using for the first 2 rounds but definitely the last.

Top Bottom