• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Just getting back into crucible after a long while. Isn't there some sort of weekly thing with the crucible that gives you a nightfall tier roll or something?

Also, can I do anything with all my house judgment tokens I never used?

There's a quest called Crucible Forged from Shaxx that'll then unlock weekly bounties from him, as long as you're at least Crucible Rank 3. It's a fairly long quest, in this order:

Crucible Forged
Crucible Combat
Conquer the Day
Factions
Trials Practice
Break the Ceiling
Weapon Master
The Mountaintop

WipedOut

Jafku and Tyler - Homeboyd says thanks for the carries. Jumped from 303 to 312 just doing those 4 PoE, Raid ready tonight to run the whole thing. The biggest things were 318 Ghost and 315 Primary Blue Items.

FyreWulff

By the way, don't turn in the 200 Glimmer items to Ives. The fucker steals them off you.

Several times yesterday I noticed that I would have 5-6 glimmer turn ins, I would go to turn one in, and then all of a sudden it would change to the engram turn in screen.

Didn't put 2 and 2 together until it was too late. Will grab a video for it as soon as I can for proof.

Basically, what he did to engrams pre-patch.

I don't think he takes them from you. He just bumps over to the engram screen after turning in one for some reason. It must be a bug related to the fact that he's the only one of the two that can take the Queen crystal glimmer items.

chur

I don't think he takes them from you. He just bumps over to the engram screen after turning in one for some reason. It must be a bug related to the fact that he's the only one of the two that can take the Queen crystal glimmer items.
Yeah he doesn't. He just shows you more than you actually have. I've gone to him with 1 engram and he shows me that I have 2 but he only let's me decode 1.

There's a quest called Crucible Forged from Shaxx that'll then unlock weekly bounties from him, as long as you're at least Crucible Rank 3. It's a fairly long quest, in this order:

Crucible Forged
Crucible Combat
Conquer the Day
Factions
Trials Practice
Break the Ceiling
Weapon Master
The Mountaintop

Once I finish the quest chain, I'll be able to do weekly bounties every week?

No, I checked my inventory afterwards and I no longer had the items. Plus I spoke to him again and he didn't offer me more money.

Trakan

No, I checked my inventory afterwards and I no longer had the items. Plus I spoke to him again and he didn't offer me more money.

He did it with glimmer items before the patch. I thought that was the bug, I never had him steal any engrams. I thought I learned about it from a post by you, in fact.

I just never decrypt stuff at the reef.

Once I finish the quest chain, I'll be able to do weekly bounties every week?

Yea, the bounties will be available every week. The 6th bounty each week gives the Nightfall-style reward: "The True Meaning of War - Complete all 5 of Shaxx's weekly bounties in one week.". For some reason, when you complete the questline and obtain the bounties and grab that, some of it might be completed. It might be 2/5 or 3/5 when you grab it. It was that way for me on both XB1 and PS4 and some other people as well.

With that said, what I do is I only turn in enough Shaxx bounties in order to complete that bounty. You can wait for next week to grab The True Meaning of War before turning in the old ones, if you wish. I usually have 2-3 bounties already done every week this way.

Not only that you get those bounties everyweek from completing the quest, you ALSO get those bounties for all 3 characters you can complete once per character per week! Meaning, you only need to go through that quest once ever.

I'm getting new weapons and I don't know which ones are good and which are garbage. Anyone have a list of what's worth keeping and such?

General rule of thumb is look at the perks. Are the perks extremely situational? That's garbage.

Are the perks something you would benefit from (almost) every time you fire the gun? That's good shit.

I'm getting new weapons and I don't know which ones are good and which are garbage. Anyone have a list of what's worth keeping and such?

General rule of thumb is look at the perks. Are the perks extremely situational? That's garbage.
Examples: Last one alive on your team. Firing from behind cover.

Are the perks something you would benefit from (almost) every time you fire the gun? That's good shit.
Examples: Extra stability when damaging a target. Target explodes on headshot kill.

Lee

With that said, what I do is I only turn in enough Shaxx bounties in order to complete that bounty. You can wait for next week to grab The True Meaning of War before turning in the old ones, if you wish. I usually have 2-3 bounties already done every week this way.

I'm pretty sure even if you complete the main bounty before turning in the other weeklies, they apply to the progress of next week's main bounty. Every time I pick up the bounty it's already completed or almost completed. Anyone else notice this?

Just getting back into crucible after a long while. Isn't there some sort of weekly thing with the crucible that gives you a nightfall tier roll or something?

Also, can I do anything with all my house judgment tokens I never used?

Yes, you can use them by dismantling them. I think they give you 60 rep each. Same for armor and weapon cores, and treasure keys.

He doesn't actually take things away, he just shows you double the amount you actually have. Everything is displayed twice.

That doesn't make sense, as I went there with 2 House banners and 1 Axiomatic beads. Clicked on 1 House banner turn in, and everything else was gone.

LTWood12

An example being, are you forced to use the perk 'exhumed' on this weapon? If so, dismantle.

I would love to hear the perk brainstorming meeting and how something like exhumed made it past any sort of peer review.

I'm pretty sure even if you complete the main bounty before turning in the other weeklies, they apply to the progress of next week's main bounty. Every time I pick up the bounty it's already completed or almost completed. Anyone else notice this?

I only remember this during the first time I grabbed it.

I could test and turn in 1 and see if it's 1/5 next week, haha. But most of the time I have enough space for them all anyways.

Yea, the bounties will be available every week. The 6th bounty each week gives the Nightfall-style reward: "The True Meaning of War - Complete all 5 of Shaxx's weekly bounties in one week.". For some reason, when you complete the questline and obtain the bounties and grab that, some of it might be completed. It might be 2/5 or 3/5 when you grab it. It was that way for me on both XB1 and PS4 and some other people as well.

Not only that you get those bounties everyweek from completing the quest, you ALSO get those bounties for all 3 characters you can complete once per character per week! Meaning, you only need to go through that quest once ever.

Yes, you can use them by dismantling them. I think they give you 60 rep each. Same for armor and weapon cores, and treasure keys.

Thanks!

I only remember this during the first time I grabbed it.

I could test and turn in 1 and see if it's 1/5 next week, haha. But most of the time I have enough space for them all anyways.

Its been that way for me. If i complete two bounties in a week but dont feel like doing the other 3 (win a rift match..ugh) i turn them in and next week my weekly bounty starts at 2.

Also, has anyone else felt like Ruin Wings perk has gone to shit again?

It feels worse than Dark Below times. I've gone a full Challenge of Elders (not farming) and not seen a heavy box drop.

Its been that way for me. If i complete two bounties in a week but dont feel like doing the other 3 (win a rift match..ugh) i turn them in and next week my weekly bounty starts at 2.

Oh no I meant if you've already completed the Weekly bounty (5/5), turn that in, but also have other Shaxx bounties completed and saved... if you turn them in as well, will next week's start out by how many extra you've turned in?

Yep, it seems like it's back to feast or famine.

wNjkb0k.jpg

Oh no I meant if you've already completed the Weekly bounty (5/5), turn that in, but also have other Shaxx bounties completed and saved... if you turn them in as well, will next week's start out by how many extra you've turned in?

Yeah thats what i meant. Afaik the answer is yes.

darthbob

Strike specific loot is smart loot.

So you could get a 335 psion flayer class item from them.

Oh that's not bad.

Is it possible to get, say, a Psion Flayer Mantle class item when not playing as a Hunter?

Just the increased reputation gains. Other than that there's not a lot of reason to run them unless you are after strike specific gear. The engram drop rate is woeful even with the so called streak applied.

Too bad. Sounds like it's not really worth it. Would be nice if bungo would rotate the modifiers instead of just always Fresh Troops... :/

Is it even worth it to do Heroic Strikes? Any added bonus with them this time around?

Just the increased reputation gains. Other than that there's not a lot of reason to run them unless you are after strike specific gear. The engram drop rate is woeful even with the so called streak applied.

Top Bottom