• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Is there anything in the game that requires the 335 light. Coe is easy enough at 320 and the raid is the same level as before?

I feel like this is a bug/unintended.

Like, Bungie said there would be a Hotfix to change the loot tables in King's fall. Then it wasn't needed as it was in the patch proper.

Maybe they forgot the part to actually bump up the difficulty, as I'm pretty sure that was specifically stated to be increased.

I fully expect a comment about it from Deej in the BWU today.

Other than that, Iron Banner and/or Trials.

Raven117

Forgive me but I have not been keeping up with exactly how the progression works now (and why everyone is getting rained on with gear).

What is the best way now to hit 335?

What are the activities you are supposed to do?

I'm back at work today. I had no motivation to come to back haha.

To make matters worse, I always bring my personal laptop so I can do stuff like watch videos, listen to music, program, and Discord chat to name a few. I brought my laptop but forgot the charger and it's dead -_-

Oh well, 1 more day and tomorrow begins the new season Trials!

Forgive me but I have not been keeping up with exactly how the progression works now (and why everyone is getting rained on with gear).

What is the best way now to hit 335?

What are the activities you are supposed to do?

Play the game.

Prison of Elders
Challenge of Elders
Nightfall
Shaxxfall
Raid
Trials of Osiris
Iron Banner

Even the Heroic strike playlist can net you a gain if you are patient enough.

Insaniac

been playing Dark Souls, and don't have space download Destiny update right now, but can someone tell me how bad the nerf was to the Arc Warlock super? I'm afraid it'll be total garbage in PvE now

been playing Dark Souls, and don't have space download Destiny update right now, but can someone tell me how bad the nerf was to the Arc Warlock super? I'm afraid it'll be total garbage in PvE now

It's not garbage.

Landfall doesn't blind anymore, and you use more energy when you hold down the button to electrocute people.

You can still easily get multi kills with it, it's just that you can't pop it, and float to the other side of the map, and still get said multi kills anymore.

Raven117

Play the game.

Prison of Elders
Challenge of Elders
Nightfall
Shaxxfall
Raid
Trials of Osiris
Iron Banner

Even the Heroic strike playlist can net you a gain if you are patient enough.

Ha, gotcha. Just didn't know where the good stuff came from. Looks like Prison of Elders and Challenge of Elders. (Not sure I can drag myself through that raid again....just too tedious for me).

Namikaze1

I thought I was prepared for Dark Souls. Clearly I was wrong. I haven't even fought the real first boss yet.

Anyway, I'll be looking to do two raid runs around 6pm eastern. Or at least one.

It's not garbage.

Landfall doesn't blind anymore, and you use more energy when you hold down the button to electrocute people.

You can still easily get multi kills with it, it's just that you can't pop it, and float to the other side of the map, and still get said multi kills anymore.

Yep It's still OP I managed to get a reaper/phantom in Mayhem last night as the chaining with electrostatic mind has been improved, though the landfall nerf is real

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
the actual challenge is poking your head out from behind a wall and getting blasted in the face immediately with zero chance to safely return fire
I haven't seen video of your attempt to be certain, but my instinct is that the problem lies here. That strategy is completely ineffective for this mission. There is no "safe." You need to be extremely aggressive, constantly generate orbs, and clear the blights and enemies throughout the entire room, before turning your attention to the boss and repeating with each new wave of blights. Raze Lighter (or one of the other exotic swords) is a huge boon here as is Shadowshot with Blood Bound, and a Sunbreaker.

Is there a guaranteed legendary or exotic drop for it each time? Last night someone on my fireteam only got one blue after we finished.
It's not guaranteed but they do drop semi-frequently. I farmed for a few hours this morning and ended up with another ghost and two exotics. And I got a class item from a Variks rank up.

X-Frame

Prison of Elders needs to get rid of any Varisks interludes and no more airlock moving. I understand that Bungie likely wanted to promote variety but it just breaks the action way too much.

They could just get rid of the airlock entirely and have is spawn into each room specifically and stay there the entire time. I want basically non-stop breaks, really just like ME3 MP. Have all enemies be able to spawn in any room. Different spawn locations each time.

I'm sure they also can be more creative in the objectives. Mines are pretty boring -- the most exciting is the VIP kill but generally they die the instant they step out, especially with swords.

Lee

KF isn't old enough to be something I'll do nostalgically like VoG.

Best bang for your buck though for high level drops. If they increased the rates, and you're 331+, one run through KF and you could potentially get a 335 drop in nearly every slot, correct?

I plan to still run it weekly until I have nothing else to upgrade.

phen0m24

Want to bust out some raids. Who's raiding tonight? Drizz and X I'm wondering if the run that shall not be named could make a sort of comeback

Looking to do HM KF+CM raid tonight at 8:30 EST from Totems.
Will also do one tomorrow with Shiv.

1. Dreamgazer
2. Dthomp (if you're still in.)

----------------------------
While I'm at it, Namikaze1 is doing on at 6:00 EST
1. Namikaze1
2.WeTeha

Will also do one tomorrow with Shiv.

1. Dreamgazer
2. Dthomp (if you're still in.)

----------------------------
While I'm at it, Namikaze1 is doing on at 6:00 EST
1. Namikaze1
2.WeTeha
3. Thenal84

I am in for the 6 est.

darknil

I like the update since it basically bring us to light 280 before the update. Chasing 300 was very fun on TTK with a lot of stuff to do. Also, I have the impression that the perk pool somewhat improved, I've seen better rolls overall on my experience.

What is your recommended light for CoE? I've haven't done it since I just hit 320 yesterday on 2 characters and in the stream it was easy because they were all 335.

Edit:
I can be on bench for raid today at 8:30 EST, can I confirm later?

I appreciate that there may be some better tactics out there, but from my point of view it's like one of those old super long GTA missions without any checkpoints. SOOOO tedious, and then you fail and have to spend 15 minutes getting back to the point where you can try again. And then the actual challenge is poking your head out from behind a wall and getting blasted in the face immediately with zero chance to safely return fire. IMO just an example of Bungie not understanding the player experience and how tedium affects morale.

...and of course there's a timer.

Idk I thought the Spindle challenge was the most rewarding thing I did in the game. It took us a few tries but it can be done with proper communication and just being aggressive. I personally think when yoy get it done its a great feeling. It never once effected our morale negatively when we kept failing. In fact it made us want to beat it even more. I suggest you look up some YouTube videos and see how to get it done. Its not thay hard once you get a rhythm down....

Top Bottom