• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Congrats on getting back in shape. I HIGHLY recommend trying the diet I went on, Whole30 (one word). It was seriously a HUGE life changer for me. A friend/co-worker of mine doesn't lose weight even after Marathon Training. Well she does a little but gains it back immediately. The Whole30 changed that.

I lost 15 pounds in a span of the 30 days, without working out. I ran ONCE for 2.5 miles on day 20ish but that was really it. It makes working out a lot easier, as well.

My problem stems from my better half. My wife loves to make "proper" meals for dinner every night, but she is terrible about portion control

This leads to either very large dinners, or dinners with way too many side dishes.

Thus, I try to cut back on my breakfast and lunch as much as I can.

Note that I'm a vegetarian, so a lot of fancy weight loss diets don't really work for me.

Edit: Whoops, top of the page being OT.

So anyone out there have a good video of hard mode oryx? that shows them dealing with the knights?

Dthomp

I've been informed to use this chat for Destiny chatter so here I am.

I've just ordered the Taken King Legendary edition from Amazon (PS4). Is there a GAF 'clan' I can join, of sorts?

I am a Destiny n00b so please bear with me. All of my 'RL' friends play on Xbone.

I still try to play quite a bit and would be willing to help. I haven't had the best of luck lately finding groups here since everybody just does it all right at reset, but would help out if you need it. PSN-Dthomp

ocean

Banned
Did I miss another refer a friend? ;(

I want to teach someone the ways of old. I wanna take them to the old loot cave and use Gjallarhorn in a Strike with them. I also want that badass shader and cool looking swords.

Rip the dream

Namikaze1

If i had the patience for it i would quote that post of yours that said something like "but i'll always be around for trials ape, nothing can take that from me" a week back :p

Ape The Division took Nami away from us D:

It was probably for the best nami, sunsingers made Asylum a shit map

RIP Nami. From his ashes Xplicit shall rise.

Asylum was rough, but we pulled out three trips to Mercury over the course of the weekend. One of the issues for me is playing on my Hunter. GG didn't work well for me on that map. Making the switch to NS helped. They play more like the filthy sunsingers so it's right at home for me.

hahaha I'd be down for some Trials on Friday if y'all need a 3rd.
Hey, ain't dead yet! Lol

Weekend was depressing for me. Division was a much needed distraction. Ape you know a bit of what happened this weekend through the PMs.

I may be up for one run this upcoming weekend.

Just make sure you don't go in the zones where you fight L32 enemies. There's no bonus for those guys and they're annoying. Level 31 enemies are much, much easier.
Yeah, Deku, Jakfu, KC, and I went as far as DZ05. Came across a Named NPC with a shit ton of goons towards DZ05. Luckily there was another full squad nearby. The eight opus took them out and went about our separate ways peacefully.

WipedOut

Did I miss another refer a friend? ;(

I want to teach someone the ways of old. I wanna take them to the old loot cave and use Gjallarhorn in a Strike with them. I also want that badass shader and cool looking swords.

Rip the dream

It's my go to shader for my Titan and Hunter, looks like poo on the warlock however.

My problem stems from my better half. My wife loves to make "proper" meals for dinner every night, but she is terrible about portion control

This leads to either very large dinners, or dinners with way too many side dishes.

Thus, I try to cut back on my breakfast and lunch as much as I can.

Note that I'm a vegetarian, so a lot of fancy weight loss diets don't really work for me.

Edit: Whoops, top of the page being OT.

So anyone out there have a good video of hard mode oryx? that shows them dealing with the knights?

My co-worker that did Whole30 is also a vegetarian. But yea, it was rough when my GF quit on Day 9 and went grocery shopping with all kinds of unapproved whole30 stuff. If your other half isn't down to do the diet, I'd at least think she'd support you in you doing it. There's plenty of good #VegetarianWhole30 meals you could do. It just takes a lot of mental and preperation but it's COMPLETELY worth it.

Hey, ain't dead yet! Lol

Weekend was depressing for me. Division was a much needed distraction. Ape you know a bit of what happened this weekend through the PMs.

I may be up for one run this upcoming weekend.

Yeah, Deku, Jakfu, KC, and I went as far as DZ05. Came across a Named NPC with a shit ton of goons towards DZ05. Luckily there was another full squad nearby. The eight opus took them out and went about our separate ways peacefully.

I know :) I was just having fun buddy! I'm glad you're enjoying the Divison(all of my normal reset crew is too lol)

If you can play a card or two this weekend that would be awesome. I am a bit more free this weekend so that helps too.

I'm praying for a good map. I've never heard Igor so stressed out during runs than I did this weekend.

WeTeHa

Anybody interested in running the raid/challenge mode (x3)?
I'm mostly looking to do the challenge x3, but if people are up for it we can do golg/sisters/oryx as well.

Looking to start about an hour from this post.

1. WeTeHa
2. Light_Knight_Sky
3. Nicodemic
4. Kadab
5. Auctopus

Does anybody have a totems/warpriest cp I can snag?

quote for new page. 2 more. Can start soon-ish (15 min)

Tri4

What light do you guys recommend for the challenge modes? I've never done the raid (and probably never will at this rate) but I'm like 309 light on my guys and if I'm able to, I wouldn't mind just watching some YouTube videos and skipping straight to challenge mode so I don't have to be stuck on 300 light forever.

Kaiken

Banned
What light do you guys recommend for the challenge modes? I've never done the raid (and probably never will at this rate) but I'm like 309 light on my guys and if I'm able to, I wouldn't mind just watching some YouTube videos and skipping straight to challenge mode so I don't have to be stuck on 300 light forever.

I was 309 when I completed my first HM Raid. You should be fine going through the challenges. I'd Youtube the strats first before going in to familiarize yourself with the mechanics.

Dez_

If you're 309, then you're good for pretty much the entire HM raid. I believe only Oryx is at light level 310 and everything below it is at 300. In any case, it should be Warpriest challenge mode this week, and it's the easiest one out of all of them. If you can find / get a group going, it's definitely worth doing since the drops are 320 artifacts and either 320 special or heavy weapon drops.

Auctopus

Thanks kadab. Quick question as I've only start raiding recently. This now lasts all week, yeah? Until reset? But if I finish the raid, I lose it?

LTWood12

Thanks kadab. Quick question as I've only start raiding recently. This now lasts all week, yeah? Until reset? But if I finish the raid, I lose it?

You have the checkpoint on that character until the next reset or until you progress to the next checkpoint in the raid with that character; whichever happens first.

Tri4

I was 309 when I completed my first HM Raid. You should be fine going through the challenges. I'd Youtube the strats first before going in to familiarize yourself with the mechanics.

If you're 309, then you're good for pretty much the entire HM raid. I believe only Oryx is at light level 310 and everything below it is at 300. In any case, it should be Warpriest challenge mode this week, and it's the easiest one out of all of them. If you can find / get a group going, it's definitely worth doing since the drops are 320 artifacts and either 320 special or heavy weapon drops.
Thanks guys. I will try to research and familiarise myself with the challenge mode and hopefully sometime I can hop on a train here.

MicSte79

Neo Member
OK, friend requests sent out. Amazon haven't dispatched my copy yet so I won't be on until around the weekend (I want to finally reach Level 30 in Division first which won't take me long.)

Then I'll be starting this at Level 0. So I don't know if you'll want to play with me anyway as you'll all be a much higher ranking than me.

Anyway if you want to add me on PSN please do: MicSte79

:)

OK, friend requests sent out. Amazon haven't dispatched my copy yet so I won't be on until around the weekend (I want to finally reach Level 30 in Division first which won't take me long.)

Then I'll be starting this at Level 0. So I don't know if you'll want to play with me anyway as you'll all be a much higher ranking than me.

Anyway if you want to add me on PSN please do: MicSte79

:)

Welcome to the DGAF community. Not sure how I missed your initial post. Feel free to add me as well PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

It's safe to say I am a hardcore player, mostly just reset and PvP stuff these days, but I am happy to help out with story, strikes, raids when I am free.

LordofPwn

40th OT. damn.

I've pretty much set destiny on the shelf. come back to it like once a week if my group can get together. Got a lot of cool games coming up and it's probably for the best.

i've gotten through like 8 games so far this year, and have a list of about 40 more.

Hat tip to Drizzay for keeping the OTs alive.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Igor sounds like he's on Maury and found out he's the father of a BBW's baby whenever something goes bad in trials.

Bungie needs to release Destiny 2 on PC IMO

I'd be SO happy!

Playing The Division on my PC has been a BLAST. I'd do whatever upgrade I need to do to play Destiny 2 at a solid 60 FPS on everything near max. Pascal is launching this year, probably GTX 1070 and 1080 so by 2017 it should be 1080 Ti's or something and I'd definitely upgrade or better yet, build a whole new PC.

I average about 58 FPS, until tons of explosions drop it to 30s haha.

****AS LONG AS THERE IS ACCOUNT TRANSFER. Assuming you can transfer your account for whatever benefits****

I don't think I'd start fresh unless there's a great reason to.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We'll see Ape. Might not even get a full group. Everybody loves Tom right now.

What if Sony or MS pays big bucks to keep Destiny 2 exclusive to them?

Kyoufu

We'll see Ape. Might not even get a full group. Everybody loves Tom right now.

What if Sony or MS pays big bucks to keep Destiny 2 exclusive to them?

What if Nintendo swoops in and grabs Destiny 2 for NX?

Destiny 2 with Peach Amiibo support for The Taken Princess expansion.

I'd be SO happy!

Playing The Division on my PC has been a BLAST. I'd do whatever upgrade I need to do to play Destiny 2 at a solid 60 FPS on everything near max. Pascal is launching this year, probably GTX 1070 and 1080 so by 2017 it should be 1080 Ti's or something and I'd definitely upgrade or better yet, build a whole new PC.

I average about 58 FPS, until tons of explosions drop it to 30s haha.

****AS LONG AS THERE IS ACCOUNT TRANSFER. Assuming you can transfer your account for whatever benefits****

I don't think I'd start fresh unless there's a great reason to.

I have an idea and this is a wild one when it comes to Bungie but what if Destiny 2 was built for 60fps across all platforms?! :O

Warpriest and Golgoroth are 310 and daughters and Oryx are 320.

I have an idea and this is a wild one when it comes to Bungie but what if Destiny 2 was built for 60fps across all platforms?! :O

That would be great. It might be possible IF they drop last gen support, but who knows.

chur

And guardian amiibos for Super Mario Maker. Believe.

Kyoufu

That would be great. It might be possible IF they drop last gen support, but who knows.

It'd have to be with Destiny 2 for them to ditch last gen support. Can't wait for that to happen.

If it were up to me I'd just ditch last-gen in September. Who even plays on PS3/360 still?

Destiny 2 Wishlist

Destiny 1 gun feel
Diablo skill trees
Diablo loot
Vault of Glass raids
Monster Hunter boss mechanics
Halo vehicles
Halo set pieces

Or really:

Blizzard level communication
Blizzard level post-launch support

Top Bottom