• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WipedOut

The only thing Destiny should learn from the Division is having (optional) matchmaking for almost everything. That's it. Bungie could be more fair with loot drop as well but whatevs.

The loot drop rate really isn't that different thus far. people forget that early on in the game destiny always gives you stuff that you can use that is better than what you had, it's legendary drops and exotics that don't seem to drop in great supply once you hit level cap.

TOP OF THE PAGE EDIT:

I miss my old IB cloak -

165.jpg

MicSte79

Neo Member
I've been informed to use this chat for Destiny chatter so here I am.

I've just ordered the Taken King Legendary edition from Amazon (PS4). Is there a GAF 'clan' I can join, of sorts?

I am a Destiny n00b so please bear with me. All of my 'RL' friends play on Xbone.

SpecX

The only thing Destiny should learn from the Division is having (optional) matchmaking for almost everything. That's it. Bungie could be more fair with loot drop as well but whatevs.

Agreed, I get the uproar that randoms will be a disaster to play with and people with no mic will make it impossible, but having it optional won't remove groups from forming here and other places and will only benefit the game by having this complaint/negativity removed from discussion. I've played plenty of strikes with horrible players and I've been matched with great players, the same could easily happen for raids and new friendships can form from this.

Raven117

Yeah, before it was nerfed... you just told me everything I needed to know... I am done. See you when the new DLC is released. Bye.

Bro, while I too love Destiny and am getting my hooks into The Division (and really liking it so far), they really are not exactly comparable other than they are completely different takes on the "shared-world shooter/MMO-lite/RPG" new genre.

Hell, IMO, The Division has more similarities to Diablo 3 than Destiny.

In the end, I love the concept of "Shooter/MMO-lite/RPG" and I can't wait to see how the formula develops.

Ill be there day 1 when new content for Destiny drops (and dream of Destiny 2). I will be there day 1 when Incursions and new content drops for The Division. And I will be playing Uncharted 4 and Dark Souls 3 inbetween.

Gawd, its really good to be a gamer right now.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

I've just ordered the Taken King Legendary edition from Amazon (PS4). Is there a GAF 'clan' I can join, of sorts?

I am a Destiny n00b so please bear with me. All of my 'RL' friends play on Xbone.

This thread sometimes reads like a private correspondence of like 4-5 friends. Don't let that scare you off. I play pretty regularly on the PS4, nothing high end, I avoid the drama of forced groups and leet PvP.

Add me on PSN: scuzzlebutt33

Welcome to dgaf!

Sad to say but its not the greatest time start playing right now. Being that alot of us here are taking a break from the game.

There are no gaf specific clans. Everybody plays with everybody for the most part.

Its great community. Just a little bare at the moment.

If you need anything. Just let us know

ocean

Banned
The loot drop rate really isn't that different thus far. people forget that early on in the game destiny always gives you stuff that you can use that is better than what you had, it's legendary drops and exotics that don't seem to drop in great supply once you hit level cap.
That's not really fair. You can run Challenge mode as many times as you like and you'll always get guaranteed Phoenix C and a Yellow quality drop, every single time. With a good Scavanger stat you'll also pick up a healthy dose of Legendaries along the way.

Drops in Destiny are super rare. This isn't too important since there's so little usable loot anyways but whatever, it's a strange decision by Bungie. Back in HoW we would be swarmed with tons of purple drops we dismantled because wtf do we want a fusion rifle for but people still found it satisfying.

As I've said, I feel Destiny is a shooter and it's good at shooting mechanics. The Division is a loot game and has tons of loot with great generous drop rates and no lockouts. Each game is good at what it's designed to be good at imo saying The Division's shooting feels like ass compared to Destiny is true and also irrelevant - it's like saying Sparrow Racing is ass compared to Forza.

WipedOut

That's not really fair. You can run Challenge mode as many times as you like and you'll always get guaranteed Phoenix C and a Yellow quality drop, every single time. With a good Scavanger stat you'll also pick up a healthy dose of Legendaries along the way.

Drops in Destiny are super rare. This isn't too important since there's so little usable loot anyways but whatever, it's a strange decision by Bungie. Back in HoW we would be swarmed with tons of purple drops we dismantled because wtf do we want a fusion rifle for but people still found it satisfying.

As I've said, Destiny is a shooter and it's good at shooting mechanics. The Division is a loot game and has tons of loot with great generous drop rates and no lockouts. Each game is good at what it's designed to be good at imo saying The Division's shooting feels like ass compared to Destiny is true and also irrelevant - it's like saying Sparrow Racing is ass compared to Forza.

That's why I said thus far, I haven't made it to the end game yet in the division, I'm just comparing levels of the game, they are very similar in drop rate. I'm at 15 and just got my first purple, not sure if it is really good but chances are I'll use it for a couple levels then have something completely different. Level 15 seems to be where similarities between the division and destiny end. (the only thing I'm comparing is how we would get greens and blues galore until we hit level 20 in vanilla desinty.)

Namikaze1

Personally, I just want them to get rid of LL for class items and ghosts. And rework the LL system in general. Don't really care if they make loot drops a bit more fair. Crucible drops need to be up though. Shit is rare.

Agreed, I get the uproar that randoms will be a disaster to play with and people with no mic will make it impossible, but having it optional won't remove groups from forming here and other places and will only benefit the game by having this complaint/negativity removed from discussion. I've played plenty of strikes with horrible players and I've been matched with great players, the same could easily happen for raids and new friendships can form from this.
I've done a bunch of Challenge runs with randoms over the past few days. I've seen both the good and bad sides of having optional. Teamed up with great players and terrible ones. But Massive did the right thing of making it optional. It's there for folks who don't have a full squad or wants to farm easy CM missions.

We will see how MM will work for Incursions next month. I'm honestly gonna complete those first with a premade GAF group before trying it with randoms.

X-Frame

Had a parenting awakening this morning. Josh has always had fun when he takes over my chair and runs raids or trials or pvp. (and usually beats me)

Loves playing with DGAF as much as I do. I haven't told him yet, but I ordered him his own ps4. I don't know why it took me so long to realize I would rather make memories with him than tell him about all the fun I had with you guys. I'm hoping it's not too late for him to get in on some shenanigans with us.

Please forgive an old fart Dad's teary mumbling. Heart you DGAF.

A new player joins the Fun Run?!

Awesome Colonel!

TOP OF THE PAGE EDIT:

I miss my old IB cloak -

165.jpg

its useless now, but i still got mine

spyder_ur

I was gonna post something similar. After seeing how well matchmaking works for basically everything in the Division, I have totally changed my tune on how it would work in Destiny. It would be great and should be everywhere.

As for loot, the gradual increase in level and DPS in The Division actually reminded me a lot of the way your progressed through TTK. The only exception is that the loot in Division is so bland - probably my least favorite thing about the game.

So, I didn't play Trials this weekend like I wanted. The Dark Zone grind in The Division was calling my name all day and when you die, you lose EXP. I kept moving down levels and it makes for gambling like experiences (not quite since it's not super risky), but in terms of: I need to get back to where I was before I died and some. I've been 50/50 with finding decent groups for matchmaking.

Anyways, I ran into this thread and the top comment made me laugh:

Anomaly or Cauldron this weekend, please!

LTWood12

So, I didn't play Trials this weekend like I wanted. The Dark Zone grind in The Division was calling my name all day and when you die, you lose EXP. I kept moving down levels and it makes for gambling like experiences (not quite since it's not super risky), but in terms of: I need to get back to where I was before I died and some. I've been 50/50 with finding decent groups for matchmaking.

Anyways, I ran into this thread and the top comment made me laugh:

Anomaly or Cauldron this weekend, please!

I don't get it. It was level 33.

A really cool team carried my warlock through the raid last night, Im so happy they didn't boot me because of my low level. Anyways, My Warlock is now up to 316.

From Friday to last night Warlock went from level 25 to 40 316 light. .

Looks like what you need is a refer-a-friend friend.

A really cool team carried my warlock through the raid last night, Im so happy they didn't boot me because of my low level. Anyways, My Warlock is now up to 316.

From Friday to last night Warlock went from level 25 to 40 316 light. .

From the single hard raid alone, you went from 305 to 316. Now that's about how it should be.

Man that sure was frustrating wasn't it.

That was the first time DGAF almost became its more common acronym and nearly became extinct from frustration.

Yeah, I completely forgot about trials. Division has me good.

Yea, I thought I was pretty much done since I beat the main story until new content, but now I want DZ 50 and Phoenix Credits. I guess I want to be decently High-End geared before the next big thing.

Trials wasn't a great map anyways.

Namikaze1

Yea, I thought I was pretty much done since I beat the main story until new content, but now I want DZ 50 and Phoenix Credits. I guess I want to be decently High-End geared before the next big thing.

Trials wasn't a great map anyways.
Yeah, that's what I'm pretty much gonna be doing. Just a few levels away from rank 30 in the DZ. gonna stop once I hit 50.

Yeah, I completely forgot about trials. Division has me good.

If i had the patience for it i would quote that post of yours that said something like "but i'll always be around for trials ape, nothing can take that from me" a week back :p

Ape The Division took Nami away from us D:

It was probably for the best nami, sunsingers made Asylum a shit map

Yeah, that's what I'm pretty much gonna be doing. Just a few levels away from rank 30 in the DZ. gonna stop once I hit 50.

Just make sure you don't go in the zones where you fight L32 enemies. There's no bonus for those guys and they're annoying. Level 31 enemies are much, much easier.

Nothing significant has changed in that regard since you quit, so no, don't bother.

The raid loot itself is pretty bad. Almost all the weapons suck. The only raid weapon I use is the machine gun.
If you mean "highest lightlevel" by best, then you don't even need that anyway if you don't plan on running the raid. 290-300 is fine for everything currently in the game except hard mode kings fall.

Which part of the exotic sword quest made you quit? Gathering planetary materials? Play a nightstalker with keen scout (or use a ghost that highlights the stuff you need to gather) and it's fast and easy. Listen to a podcast/watch a movie/series and you will be done before you know it.

I managed to complete that task, but i didn't like it at all. I actually got stuck on the 'kill the slayer guy (forget the name) in a certain amount of time'. It was a hassle trying to team up with the right people, because I'm on xbox there are less players.

Though I very much recommend trying the raid at least once on normal difficulty. It's not super difficult, especially if you have people that know what to do and running through the raid for the first time was awesome.

I finished crota and vog, quite a few times, however i much preferred just doing nightfalls, weekly heroics and a bit of pvp.

If i had the patience for it i would quote that post of yours that said something like "but i'll always be around for trials ape, nothing can take that from me" a week back :p

hahaha I'd be down for some Trials on Friday if y'all need a 3rd.

hahaha I'd be down for some Trials on Friday if y'all need a 3rd.

RIP Nami. From his ashes Xplicit shall rise.

Asylum was rough, but we pulled out three trips to Mercury over the course of the weekend. One of the issues for me is playing on my Hunter. GG didn't work well for me on that map. Making the switch to NS helped. They play more like the filthy sunsingers so it's right at home for me.

From the single hard raid alone, you went from 305 to 316. Now that's about how it should be.

That was the first time DGAF almost became its more common acronym and nearly became extinct from frustration.

No, Truth be told,

I infused some of my Titan armor to bring the warlock up to 311, so I went up 4 light from HM raid.

X-Frame

If you had to rate this week's Nightfall on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the hardest strike/modifiers, what would you rate this one?

I've been putting off doing the Nightfall on my alternate characters for the quest for like 4 months.

Kaiken

Banned
I have a confession GAF. I've been here playing with all of you since the alpha and I still haven't done two things:

1. Fight Skolas
2. See the Light House.

WeTeHa

Anybody interested in running the raid/challenge mode (x3)?
I'm mostly looking to do the challenge x3, but if people are up for it we can do golg/sisters/oryx as well.

Looking to start about an hour from this post.

1. WeTeHa
2. Light_Knight_Sky
3. Nicodemic
4. Kadab

Does anybody have a totems/warpriest cp I can snag?

This thread sometimes reads like a private correspondence of like 4-5 friends. Don't let that scare you off. I play pretty regularly on the PS4, nothing high end, I avoid the drama of forced groups and leet PvP.

Add me on PSN: scuzzlebutt33
Sorry you feel that way. Just spam post away! :)

Well, unlike some of you bastards with your Division, I went the other route and am currently using my former Destiny time to work towards getting in shape.

That said, I ran a 5K on Wednesday and Thursday of last week, and just ran another about an hour ago.

Still haven't lost any weight, unfortunately. I seem to be stuck at 200lbs even. Probably because I'm having a harder time reshaping my diet like I did last time.

Anyway. Hope you guys are still having fun in here.

Maybe if I get into really good shape, I'll post some sexy picks of my calves or something.

phen0m24

Well, unlike some of you bastards with your Division, I went the other route and am currently using my former Destiny time to work towards getting in shape.

That said, I ran a 5K on Wednesday and Thursday of last week, and just ran another about an hour ago.

Still haven't lost any weight, unfortunately. I seem to be stuck at 200lbs even. Probably because I'm having a harder time reshaping my diet like I did last time.

Maybe if I get into really good shape, I'll post some sexy picks of my calves or something.

I think of you every time I see a well (or not so well) placed lightning grenade, sir. :)

Congrats on your fitness journey Kor

kadab

Anybody interested in running the raid/challenge mode (x3)?
I'm mostly looking to do the challenge x3, but if people are up for it we can do golg/sisters/oryx as well.

Looking to start about an hour from this post.

1. WeTeHa
2. Light_Knight_Sky
3. Nicodemic

Does anybody have a totems/warpriest cp I can snag?
Can i join psn kadab

Congrats on getting back in shape. I HIGHLY recommend trying the diet I went on, Whole30 (one word). It was seriously a HUGE life changer for me. A friend/co-worker of mine doesn't lose weight even after Marathon Training. Well she does a little but gains it back immediately. The Whole30 changed that.

I lost 15 pounds in a span of the 30 days, without working out. I ran ONCE for 2.5 miles on day 20ish but that was really it. It makes working out a lot easier, as well.

edukate

Look up Kali Muscle - 500 series... Guarantee you it will work in terms of shedding fat/ adding muscle. Something on your body will respond to that kind of trauma lol

Top Bottom