• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

ocean

Banned
Where do the rep boosters come from? Haven't received a single one yet..

Not everyone.

Still at $0 for micro trans and that's how it will remain...
Oh man you haven't liked *any* of the emotes? Lol they've been so varied I would have imagined by now everyone would have found one they wanted :p

shermas

Crucible hawksaw, NM shotgun, and the vacancy fusion rifle for FWC are the big ones, I'm pretty sure all of them are god rolls, at least the fusion and the shotgun are.

Thanks. I remember reading something about the Hawksaw. Will check that roll out.

But.... Fusion rifle? *barfs*

In an hour. Need a break and dinner.
Sweet 😎

Oh man you haven't liked *any* of the emotes? Lol they've been so varied I would have imagined by now everyone would have found one they wanted :p
I'm actually quite impressed on how well they're able to animate the emotes.
Thanks. I remember reading something about the Hawksaw. Will check that roll out.

But.... Fusion rifle? *barfs*
FR had a pretty nice buff in this update.

FyreWulff

if anyone has an open spot for CoE and runs it for a while I'll be on in a bit.

Also the PoE rep booster can drop from Variks packages.

shermas

Have you used fusion rifles since cell the update? The spreads are ridiculously tight on some of the better ones. Plan C, spite and susanoo are really good.

Nah... I used the susanoo when I was messing around a while back. I should try it again. I keep figuring FRs will become the new meta at some point, so I might as well get back into them.

ocean

Banned
I bought Sorrow from the free silver, and got Oh Please from nightfall. I'm never going to spend a single cent on micro-trans.
Is it a principled decision of some sort, like you're making a stand against the company selling cosmetics? Or is it just you still haven't seen an emote you'd give up US$5 for?

I'm curious about these things, not putting you
On the spot or anything!

Is it a principled decision of some sort, like you're making a stand against the company selling cosmetics? Or is it just you still haven't seen an emote you'd give up US$5 for?

I'm curious about these things, not putting you
On the spot or anything!

Spending money on cosmetics is not my thing. I don't care if they sell them, I just won't buy them.

It's also no longer just cosmetics, they're now selling armor for money.

Anyway, looking to do HM Raid + CM at 8:30PM EST from Totems:

1. Dreamgazer
2. Shiv
3. Goshou
4. Dthomp
5. churmom
6. ballistic911

Alt: Night "I'll try not to be too scrubby" Knight

-----------------------------------------
Also organizing a group for NM raid at Saturday 6PM EST for anyone new.
Please have a decent sniper rifle ready and be at least 280 light (really should be 300 by this point...)
1. darthbob
2. dreamgazer (sherpa)

Need additional sherpa.

Final boarding call.
If ballistic isn't on by 8:35 we'll switch in night knight

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Spending money on cosmetics is not my thing. I don't care if they sell them, I just won't buy them.

It's also no longer just cosmetics, they're now selling armor for money.

I thought the armor was just cosmetic as well?

WipedOut

Thanks!

Does anyone know...is this a thing? I decoded a couple of exotics when I was at 335 and they became 334. Should then be the same light level or better (i.e. guaranteed 335?)
Apparently not, I would expect if you hit at least 329 that exotics should automatically decode at 335. Then again we never got 320 exotics ever just 310 so guess we should be happy with 334/335 and that they don't cap at 320 or 330

the_id

The guy in charge of trials and Bungies latest golden boy Mtashed got rekt in trials, so they probably just swung the banhammer and are preparing to nerf every single weapon into the ground
Lol. Seriously? Justin Beiber of Destiny got Rekted in trials, time to nerf everything.

I thought the armor was just cosmetic as well?

It has perks and whatnot, but practically no light level. So it's kinda in-between. You could in theory spend a bunch of money to get a set of armor with your ideal perks which is kinda gross, but there are so many sources of armor random or guaranteed that I can't get to angry with Bungie, but they are walking a dangerous line, especially if they move to doing something similar with weapons.

FatalT

Banned
No, it can be infused up to 335.

I'm honestly not bothered by the new Chroma and Taken armors being in the microtransaction boxes because you would still have needed a high light level armor to infuse it into. The stat bonuses and perks aren't anything amazing either so it's not like you can pay money for an advantage to me. I just hope the slippery slope doesn't get any worse!

They always ban in waves. Makes it harder to reverse engineer the banhammer's parameters.

The downside is cheaters prosper for a bit, but it nerfs the hell out their ability to counter it.

It's just funny timing is all. I don't actually think they weren't doing anything until Mantis said "hey something's wrong we're getting rekt" and then decided to spring into action haha.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
What is the point if the level 41 PoE? Garbage blues and three bounties a week? No purples, nothing over 315? Seems like heroic strikes are a better investment.

Chucker

Anybody want to do trials or a CoE run on PS4?
Just need one CoE to finish the second part of the card. Trials would be as far as we go (and bounties)

Top Bottom