• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have no idea what to spend my marks on. Wish you could get year one stuff from cryptarch.

I'll do some PVP in a little bit. Going to use my crucible boost..

Right, all the chores are done, time to play Destiny for the next 8 hours.

3x NF
3x CoE + whatever extra farm runs.
3x Raid if I can be bothered
Gun smith bounty/weapons - Finally feel useful again.

I have no idea what to spend my marks on. Wish you could get year one stuff from cryptarch.

I'll do some PVP in a little bit. Going to use my crucible boost..

Yeah. They need to have a way to just have all the old weaponry/gear available. Y'know, give people a reason to continue playing

FiraB

Banned
So i thought exotics couldnt turn into purples anymore, turns out I was wrong...

So happy to get that damn special exotic, then bam turns into a shitty purple :(

Bungie needs to fix ives, the bastard is broken! I can live with him eating money items but exotics to purples? Thats not cool.

Honestly, if you guys are not currently running crucible with the buffs and rolling those packages over you should really start. I think that's been some of the most rewarding loot I've gotten so far post patch.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thanks for the replies but last few days have been the same as when I came back early last month
Everyone has their cliques/crews and timings

It's truly luck I run into GAFfers to play with
No problem, time to move on

Thanks for the small fun I had when I came back

First NF done, 325 Questing Beast - not the best perks but good infusion fodder at least. Did it as 319.

Not sure what to do next, currently 322 with my highest light weapons equipped, could either farm CoO for a bit for an Artifact or maybe 42 CoE. Haven't done that yet.

oneils

I've started playing again. Last time I played was last June or July. I bought the taken king expansion but I never played it.

Over the last two nights I got my warlock to level 40 and light level 235. He was at level 33, before.

I have a few questions for the Destiny community.

I have a few dozen purple weapons and armour from "year 1." Is there any point in keeping all this or should I dismantle it?

How do legendary marks in the crucible work? Do you only get your 10 marks once a day or are they only available once a week?

Anyway, I've had some pretty good fun getting back into this.

Thanks for the replies but last few days have been the same as when I came back early last month
Everyone has their cliques/crews and timings

It's truly luck I run into GAFfers to play with
No problem, time to move on

Thanks for the small fun I had when I came back

Yeah it pretty hit or miss now that I have not played in a while or been active on the forum. Finally got someone to respond to a friend request and had a really good run with some friendly folks. Stick with it and you can still find some great people in here.

Do the boosters make that much of a difference?

Sounds pretty p2w...

Cmon breezy. Pay to win is not that. Getting rank up factions in this game does not make you win. Its scummy that they hid this booster primarily behind the sterling thing (i think the rank up packages itself also can give you some) but i got 2 crucible ones and 1 strike one without even realizing it.

But yeah the micro-transactions are going down that slippery slope pretty fast.

Also i think a crucible match normally gives 90 rep, with the boost it gives 200 rep.

Got 150 marks, bought the Hawksaw. Decided to then clean my vault of all the mid-tier infusion fodder(all the random 313/315 etc junk), instantly back up to 108 marks.

About 10 wins to for full rank, wish it was a general application as in it should apply to whatever class item you wear instead. That also assumes you wear a crucible class item. I think it's 217 rep for a win

That's a nice chunk!

Cmon breezy. Pay to win is not that. Getting rank up factions in this game does not make you win. Its scummy that they hid this booster primarily behind the sterling thing (i think the rank up packages itself also can give you some) but i got 2 crucible ones and 1 strike one without even realizing it.

But yeah the micro-transactions are going down that slippery slope pretty fast.

Also i think a crucible match normally gives 90 rep, with the boost it gives 200 rep.

In a loot game where the objective is loot(And therefore all activities lead to loot) getting loot faster when they've worked on restricting that speed(Ala Legendary Marks) of gaining items, having an item to get said objective faster(Being loot) is well...scummy. No 2 ways about it.

The thing with the booster is that you only get 3 cracks at one a week and there are 3 total boosters, and the crucible one is the only real good one. It would be much nicer if it were a general application like I mentioned before. Gonna stack my focused light on top of one tonight for fun I think.

To chime in on the pay to win argument, bungie are dancing right on the line, it's not at an unacceptable territory for me yet, but it's daaaaamn close

Long, drawn out, mostly uninteresting post incoming.

On the subject of rep boosters here's my unsolicited take:
  • It's hard to get a good feel for their worth because the amount of base reputation awarded has been so heavily increased. (I know it's 2X rep, but it feels fast compared to the old rep gains, I don't know if it does as much compared to current ones.)
  • They can drop from rank up packages
  • the drop rate isn't great if you want a specific one. I've opened 4 sterling boxes and gotten 0 crucible boosters I believe.
  • They only last for 2 hours so you burn through them fast.
  • They are applied to everyone in a fireteam, making it easier to gain the benefits from one.
  • They do let you rank up 2X as often as someone without one (if you have one applied for the whole rank)
  • rank rewards are much more valuable now because of light levels being more generous
  • A player getting twice as many packages then has twice the chance to improve their light or get a good weapon (rank ups are the only source of Y1 weapons mind you)

With all of these things in mind it makes me think that in a lot of ways this update is about Bungie testing the community to see how far they can push into f2p/microtransaction hell.

I enjoy having one equipped and getting lots of rep, but I don't like what it represents or the possible future it could point to.

Final note: I really think the move to getting more loot from ranking up sucks in a couple ways. For one I prefer getting drops in game or after a match or strike. Going to the tower to get a loot drop is not fun and it's anticlimactic. The other, more pertinent, issue for me though is that it seems like Bungie's response to the community complaining about RNG. The community doesn't have a problem with rng though, they have a problem with the poor rng that's implemented now where items rarely drop and when they do they are low light. To me the packages don't address the problem, they just indirectly touch on it, the same way that a lot of weapon balancing hasn't really addressed the immediate problem but instead changed another system. For example the response to snipers being too strong initially being no ammo on spawn but leaving snipers themselves untouched.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
HOLY SHAT! Not that bad of a roll either. Longview, Hidden hand and injection mold.

Z10iYzA.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Need one for control train. Dan stop pretending you're some hockey superstar and play.

Between longview, tacsys and eagleeye, whats the best?

Interesting stats compared to last week. Primaries used this weekend are so even. It'll be interesting to see if it'll continue this trend both this weekend and future weeks.

Versus the last trials pre-April update:

It's interesting that fusion rifles got a buff but used less than last week, so far. And lol at snipers.

Doctrine hype last weekend and hand Cannons are basically the same usage.

*so far

Top Bottom