• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

spyder_ur

Challenge doesn't have a chest, the end rewards have a chance to reward you a 335 ghost, class item, or one of the three PoE exotics. The sigil that you get from variks can also give you one weapon up to 335 and one armor up to 335.

Edit: high score gets you the weapon and cumulative score gets you the armor

Thanks for the heads up. That seems like a weird system. I'm not exactly sure how everyone's light levels are flying up. I've done the following on this character and not really moved: entire Variks quest, PoE 41, Trials Cards x2, Nightfall.

Thanks for the heads up. That seems like a weird system. I'm not exactly sure how everyone's light levels are flying up. I've done the following on this character and not really moved: entire Variks quest, PoE 41, Trials Cards x2, Nightfall.
Usually challenge mode drops you a ghost or class item frequently (I've gotten maybe 3 ghosts out of 5 runs) and exotic engrams will decrypt at higher light. So will vanguard, crucible, house of judgement, and faction packages.

Frenden

Banned
CgLyJ9EUAAEdx54.jpg:large

Shortgaze, Ambush, Quickdraw, Hidden Hand.

HNGH.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The raid.

edit: Also if you look at the sigil from Variks you'll see that you need 90,000 points for the armor reward, so that's roughly 3 trips through CoE. You can do the sigil once per character per week.

What are the keys to getting higher scores in CoE? We haven't hit the 30K and not exactly sure why.
Make sure you're going for precision kills. Hand cannons are really good for this thx to small arms. Also, defender Titans are good for generating orbs, which generate points. Basically you want to kill everything with precision shots to get as much points as you can.

What are the keys to getting higher scores in CoE? We haven't hit the 30K and not exactly sure why.

The strategy my friend and I used was milk the adds until they literally stop spawning. You'll get a message about losing points, but it's like 50 points every 30-60 seconds. First run we got 29.5k, second run we jumped to 35k, and the last run we got 42k. We just milked adds and used the MIDA for precision kills.

Daemul

Welp, I played some trials for the first time in months and managed to get both the Helmet and the Chest to drop for me, but they BOTH dropped at 334, meaning that I'm still stuck at LL334.8. I pretty sure that RNgesus is playing a joke on me tbh fam
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I'm not really bothered though, I have 15 more weeks of Raids and CoE to go until the fall update so I have time to reach 335. This update has been really fucking good, so good that it's even gotten me to step into ToO again for the first time in a long while
KuGsj.gif

Hopefully Bungie keep this form of player progress for the Destiny 1, any complaints some people currently have about it being too quick to reach max level will be rectified when we have to gain 150+ light in the fall expansion instead of the measly 15 light we had to gain with this expansion.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Each week there is a special modifier that awards you bonus points. This week that is for precision kills, so take it slow and get as many as you can. It's worth it to try and get as many waves of enemies as possible and kill every single one before taking down the boss- whenever you see "reinforcements arrived," stop damage on the boss altogether. The extra points from lots of precision kills will far outweigh the time penalty from Variks for not clearing a round fast enough.

You also get extra points for:
  • Generating orbs (think of any extra ways you may have to do this, such as Gift of the Void on Defender, weapon/armor perks, and so on)
  • Revives (don't let people revive using the timer countdown if possible, unless you're actually going to wipe)
  • Assists (try to stay together for the most part)

Daemul

That seems like a weird system. I'm not exactly sure how everyone's light levels are flying up.

The Raid.

It has the highest concentration of high end loot drops which will see you gaining light at a quick rate. I went from 320 to 332 just by doing the raid on all 3 characters.

The Raid.

It has the highest concentration of high end loot drops which will see you gaining light at a quick rate. I went from 320 to 332 just by doing the raid on all 3 characters.

What are the differences between normal and hard raid drops now in terms of light level?

Daemul

That's what I thought, too, but I somehow managed to end up with an NM Titan chestplate rated at 333 from my latest foray.

Yeah that happens sometimes, I'm not sure why it happens but it's a very beneficial bug lol

That's what I figured. Thanks.

OK, last question. Have the enemies in the raid seen a buff or is it more or less the same difficulty from months ago when I last played them?

Same difficulty. Meaning that if you have a high enough level sniper (I think 327+) you can now one shot light eater Knights.

Mindlog

Like other have said; kills, orbs and assist.
Sunsingers should spec for duration and still use primary for precision kills.
Nightstalkers orbs.
Defenders orbs. Bonus for melee/orb generation against shanks in the final round. That gets you the most points on them.

If your teammates are on point with precision kills then consider going only for assists. Just body shot everything and move on to the next target. If you see something hurt then headshot that target. Without a lot of shenanigans we topped 50k on a pretty quick run yesterday.
Do you have to unlock the NF on your alts to do it?
Pretty sure I completed the Nightfall on all 3 characters before completing the quest.

CAT EMBLEM HYPE!

Just helped Manny and Liam get to Mercury! Black Shield is all about being aggressive and making flanks. Final boss came down to 4-3 and they tried to cap the point. Titan smash FTW.

I'm sorry Nami. I should just always bring my Titan from now on

ocean

Banned
A normal run will be 50k points roughly if you take it slow.

Most important tip: don't hammer at the boss. Clean up every enemy in sight, then damage the boss just enough for reinforcements to come. Then clean them all up again.

Second: pay attention to the modifier. This week it's precision damage bonus. This modifier is multiplied each round; by the third round your precision kills grant crazy score. Make sure boss kill is precision,

Make orbs: no use holding on to that super. Have radiance? Pop it! Everything you shoot will make orbs. Have tether? Use it!

Then there's small-fry gains to be had like meleeing Shanks (since you can't get a precision kill on them).

But yeah if you kill every boss wave and get precision kills it's impossible to do under 30k.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good afternoon Guardians,

Is anyone available to help me crush Daughters and Oryx real quick? I'll be on my Hunter and can run the relic. Kreep is on board and on his Hunter as well, so we need 4.

Deku Tree

Is there really smart loot? I am 320 and all my NM rank ups gave me 290ish gear. And my cryptarch engrams gave me below 300 gear too... Can blue gear go up to 330?

ocean

Banned
Is there really smart loot? I am 320 and all my NM rank ups gave me 290ish gear. And my cryptarch engrams gave me below 300 gear too... Can blue gear go up to 330?
Blue gear can go up to 320 but 310+ blues seem rather rare.

Super weird about your faction though, everything I've gotten from factions has been at least my current equipped LL or working +6 of that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for the tips, all - crossed 35K pretty easily once we figured out some of the scoring mechanics. Still seems like a weird system - I figured we would want to kill the boss as soon as possible.
Not this week, anyway. The challenge to maximize your score will be different every week, which is pretty cool IMO. Also, once you have completed your sigil, you can keep farming for the other potential drops, and in that case you would want to kill the boss as quickly as possible- you can blaze through the whole challenge super fast (<10 min) with this in mind, eat up lots of Three of Coins and so on. On the other hand they could always have a week where it's a pure time attack and the faster you get the kill the more points you get. It's maybe not the most straightforward system, but a very flexible one with lots of potential as I see it. I think I like it a lot.
Cryptarch engrams max at 310 and aren't linked to your light. However, the bold is very much out of step with everything I've heard, unless they were pre-patch rank ups somehow. I hate to ask but you had all your max light gear equipped when actually opening the packages right?

Mindlog

Good afternoon Guardians,

Is anyone available to help me crush Daughters and Oryx real quick? I'll be on my Hunter and can run the relic. Kreep is on board and on his Hunter as well, so we need 4.
My mic setup isn't working atm, but I could do the encounter in my sleep. I can help.

chur

What level were you when you received those packages? Got to be at your highest to receive better stuff.

Cryptarch still decypts stuff at the old levels pretty much unless it's an exotic. Got to be at your highest level for that too.

Top Bottom