• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Patch has pretty much changed nothing in PvP. Doctrine is still most used primary in trials on PS4 and until people get good rolls on the Longbow/Her Fury/LDR the 1k yard stare will be the go to secondary.

Black Shield is the ResidentSleeper map of trials.

Nothings changed, we're stuck with the same meta for another 5 months

Tier three yes.

Trials is more sweaty than usual or maybe it's just the map.

Ta, its a pretty bad map, loads of different lines/elevations and perfect spots for a team of committed campers

You can do CoE for the ghost.

It's mindless and easy but I've gotten six 335 ghosts just from farming the last couple days.

CoE just gives me class items, despite my insistence that I wasn't bothered about getting past 325 i'm getting OHK by tripmines when someones a higher level than me

I am trying to work on the quests to unlock the weekly crucifall stuff, the quest I am up to says earn 9 points in the elimination playlist. Does that just mean Trials or is there an elimination mode I am not seeing?

EDIT: Nevermind, isnt available whilst Trials is on.

Bungie need to ease up the matchmaking already. 2 days in a row I haven't been able to get more than 4 people in a Rumble lobby.

I don't think the numbers are there anymore,its been the same with nearly every game mode. If you look at the guardian.gg leaderboards the numbers are way down. Only 54 thousand people have played enough trials to get a rating (I think its 6/7 games)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
huyuyuy.gif

hyuyuiui.gif

tuyyuy.gif

Double snipe, probably would've been triple if Nami didn't shotgun one of them first.

When enemies get near your tripmine shoot it. And tripmines are the MVP. My favorite grenades by far.

I want to get my warlock and titan to Mercury so if the usual suspects wants to play, just message. I'll be around doing misc stuff.

stay gold

I don't think the numbers are there anymore,its been the same with nearly every game mode. If you look at the guardian.gg leaderboards the numbers are way down. Only 54 thousand people have played enough trials to get a rating (I think its 6/7 games)

Thats...disheartening. The game will be a wasteland well before September in that case. Hopefully Overwatch is cool.

Deku Tree

Does y2 Lucky Rasberry give you a lot of sleeper ammo? Does y1 Lucky Rasberry still give you a lot of sleeper ammo?

Y1 used to give you 15 sleeper shots...

Ji66a should know!

So in my quest for a y2 Party Crasher I got a really good roll on a Spare Change.25........

It's shit, high impact pulse rifles are still worthless.

So whats the current state of PvP? Its been awhile but I am planning to get back into the PvP scene. What is the current "meta" since the new update? Is the last word worth using?

TLW is not so great right now, although it's still one of the better weapons sadly. There's basically no reason to hip fire it since they removed the bonus damage, and the bonus stability/accuracy mostly just offsets the usual hipfire penalty. Doctrine is still really good, I've had the most success using that so far. Hawkmoon is decent but still has phantom bullets like all hand cannons. Mida is still good although kinda boring outside the speed boost. Those are about the only primaries I see anyone using.

As for secondaries, snipers are still king although fusions are definitely more viable. The increased sniper zoom means you need to slightly relearn all the angles. Shotguns still fit their role fairly well although they're inconsistent at times imo.

For subclasses, Sunsingers and Nightstalkers are probably the strongest. Firebolts w/ Touch of Flame + Viking Funeral, Smoke nades with Envenomed. Striker is best for Titans. So basically not a lot has changed.

Nothing like being 3-0 up against a super laggy team, only to be booted out and taking a loss.

I got booted so many times last night, it's super frustrating. At least 3 games. Another game we were up 4-3 but a teammate got booted and we barely clutched out a 5-4 win. I never have problems like that in any other game, just Destiny.

Driz mode.

Drizz level final boss

Drizz strats

That new slang lol

lol :p

Congrats on the Mercury trips everybody!!

JMPerona

Looking for coming back to destiny (played a little of the original game and bought TTK) Leveled to lv 25 and want to play a lot more. Any tips for beginner players?

Mindlog

Warlock @ 334 with no Raids and no Trials.
XSQI5cr.jpg

Looking for coming back to destiny (played a little of the original game and bought TTK) Leveled to lv 25 and want to play a lot more. Any tips for beginner players?
The game is pretty forgiving now. Just have fun. When you run into trouble ask around here. We're not nearly as active as we used to be, but generally someone is around to help with anything. If you like PvP the Crucible quest unlocks the weeklies, but I forget how and when that starts.

So my GF is getting an Xbox and Destiny this week, I was going to play from the start with her, or should I tell her to use her light to get to the taken King stuff?

If she's only planning to have one character then just go ahead and use the light to get up to speed faster. But if she wants to play everything from the start for the first character and might consider making alts in the future then she could hold onto it for that. Personally I'd go ahead and use it just to expedite the leveling process since it takes a ton of XP to reach max level. It'll still take tons of XP to max the subclass anyway.

Keep in mind you can't really outlevel enemies in Destiny like other RPG-ish games, so using the level boost wouldn't totally spoil the early missions or anything.

Hmm these are always hard questions to answer. Depends on what activities you enjoy, PvP, PvE or both. Generally I just recommend sampling all the different modes to see what you like best. Play through the new story missions (on hard difficulty for extra XP), run some heroic strikes, pick up different quest lines. Check out the different PvP modes if you have any interest in that, although solo queuing for PvP can be rough. The sooner you can get to Lv40 the sooner you can start grinding up your Light Level to get into end-game activities like raids, Trials, Challenge of Elders, etc. Also it'll make it easier to group up with people around here to run these activities.

Honestly I don't think there's too much important stuff for beginners to worry about, just get to max level and if you're still enjoying the game then you can worry more about the details. Probably not a very helpful answer, haha, but hopefully gives you a general idea.

I'm enjoying Striker a lot more recently. May just stick with that subclass for PvP.

Juggernaut Titan is my new jam. I have seen the light
ning
. I tried for so long to believe I was a Warlock, but the Striker Titan is perfect for my playstyle. The movement and speed. The extra armor. The lightning grenades. The perfect shut down super.

I'm home John. I'm home.

Next card we do. Double Purple Titans.

Lnkn52

The 100% infusion feels great,should have been there since day 1.

And reward factions packages guaranted ship is awesome too.

Hiidng under cover button doesn't work!lol.

Kalamari

So my GF is getting an Xbox and Destiny this week, I was going to play from the start with her, or should I tell her to use her light to get to the taken King stuff?

Play from the start I say, the quest system created for for the campaign helps a ton. Also, you will be leveling up class skills during this time as well, so you won't be as behind on skills when you reach max level.

Magik

You can easily farm Ghosts, Class Emblems and Exotic specials from CoE this week. CoE challenges also provide 1 weapon and 1 armor that can go beyond 330.

Once you're at a high level, start decrypting exotic engrams to push you over.

That's pretty much how I got my Titan to 334 and once the reset hits, I'm going to start with my titan, get as much loot as possible and than transfer to the alts to get them to 334-335.

Rather simple system. Pretty much everyone will be around 335 next week at this rate.

To add to PvP talk, I was just inspecting my stats from the last 3 matches from the card with Ocean (even though Drizz is 100% that the only stat that really matters is the W)

Half of my kills were with a primary weapon. This was the first card I ran with the new Vendor Hawksaw the entire match and I'm loving it. We went against some God snipers so I quickly didn't challenge in the usual sniping lanes to not give them an edge in any round. Primaries ftw! It's exactly why I love the new 6v6 changes with special every 3 minutes.

Also, Rift only has Heavy Ammo once in a whole match so I think that would be more fun now.

I love how I have choices in primaries now. Hawksaw, TLW, Hawkmoon, Mida, Doctrine, etc. I know most of them have always been there but it's more balanced now I feel.

Top Bottom