• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

So your saying this is garbage?
For PvP:
Ranged Lens is bad. Can't tell what the sight is under that, if it's Sureshot or Steadyhand it might be okay.
Perfect Balance is nice, can't tell what the lower one is but they all appear to reduce stability or range which are both needed.
Full Auto should speed it up a bit.
Glass Half Full is always nice on a Pulse.

So I'd say try it out, it's always super hard to tell how Pulses handle on paper. If it's wobbling everywhere, trash it, if it's accurate, congrats.

Ballistic

I'm a bit confused on the new loot drop system they talked about. I haven't played since Jan, but figured I'd jump back in with this new update.

Every engram I've decrypted so far stays around the 280-290 light mark. I'm currently up to 299 light, but the only actual upgrades I seem to be able to find for infusion is a reward that isn't an engram, from a strike for instance.

What's the deal?

Rankup packages are where alot of high light stuff comes from, along with CoE farming and the raid. As you get higher gear infuse and equip or equip before opening more packages then rinse and repeat.

So not only do you need RNG to get the Winter's Run strike to come up in the playlist but then you need RNG again to get the Taken version.

Fucking Bungie.

Namikaze1

Just need 335 chest and ghost for my main now. Not gonna infuse the 335 armor gear I have till I get the Titan Spektar set or the Jovian set. As for weapons, haven't decided what special and heavy I'll infuse these 335 SGA and 4th Horseman on to.

Deku Tree

Looks like it could very well be

Mmm that's good stuff.

The vendor The Villainy is a very familiar god tier roll with glass half-full, headseeker, and perfect balance.

For PvP:
Ranged Lens is bad. Can't tell what the sight is under that, if it's Sureshot or Steadyhand it might be okay.
Perfect Balance is nice, can't tell what the lower one is but they all appear to reduce stability or range which are both needed.
Full Auto should speed it up a bit.
Glass Half Full is always nice on a Pulse.

So I'd say try it out, it's always super hard to tell how Pulses handle on paper. If it's wobbling everywhere, trash it, if it's accurate, congrats.

I asked about mine in the previous page but guess people are too busy getting loot.

Also need to grind CoO later if anyone is interested, I have about 6 antiquated ruins I need charged.

Thanks Everyone!

The other perk below perfect balance is injection mold, so go with perfect balance.. I'll level it up and try it out. I like the sound of a full auto pulse.

So not only do you need RNG to get the Winter's Run strike to come up in the playlist but then you need RNG again to get the Taken version.

Fucking Bungie.

Yeah ten strikes in the rotation then 50/50 chance at getting Winters Run Taken vs regular. So you might have a 1/20 chance to get it, unless they make it intentionally come up more likely because it's new.

I'm just gonna wait until it's the NF to do it. Gotta come up next week or soon since it's new. Don't know why they didn't put it on the director. Too much effort required?

Looking over some of the Variks primaries, I really hope this is where weapon perks go in the future. A smaller pool where most of the options make sense is a positive step and reduces the feeling of "Wow a legendary weapon! Wow, a hand cannon with Danger Close!" which was my reaction every time I would get a Red Spectre this year. This would really help certain weapon types like fusion rifles, who as of right now have way too many damn perks because they had no idea what to do with them.
Also, some of the perks need some adjusting to bring them up to the level of Outlaw and Firefly. Friend of mine recently started playing and got a rocket launcher, asked "It has Vacuum, is that any good?" and I finally got to say "It sucks."

WipedOut

Just need 335 chest and ghost for my main now. Not gonna infuse the 335 armor gear I have till I get the Titan Spektar set or the Jovian set. As for weapons, haven't decided what special and heavy I'll infuse these 335 SGA and 4th Horseman on to.
It was easy for me, spindle and raid machine gun. Only time I need High LL is for raid and I use both up until daughters.

X-Frame

Damn, the New Monarchy respawn animation is god tier. I like it much better than FWC's.

Last one to get is Dead Orbit -- I don't even know what their respawn animation is though.

Arrrammis

Damn, the New Monarchy respawn animation is god tier. I like it much better than FWC's.

Last one to get is Dead Orbit -- I don't even know what their respawn animation is though.
Your character spawns in from black smoke, personally it's my favorite.

Factions have respawn animations?!? How do I get them
At rank 25 in a faction, your get a quest which rewards you with a class item that boosts rep for that faction and also gives you a custom load-in animation.

WipedOut

Spindle is 333 and my raid machine will soon be 334. That's good enough for me. May just infuse the SGA into my Raze-Lighter.
333 raze lighter is pretty Goaty!

I'm almost tempted to make it 335 instead. Buy from kiosk, pump raid Heavy into it a a pump the 333 into one of my many spare LMG's

X-Frame

Factions have respawn animations?!? How do I get them

Haha, you need to get to Rank 25 with the faction then it starts an exotic quest that ends up giving you an exotic class item that not only gives you more faction reputation (10%, which is more significant now that all reputation was buffed) but it also provides an exclusive respawn animation while wearing the class item.

You can also wear the exotic class item with another piece of exotic armor too.

Your character spawns in from black smoke, personally it's my favorite.

Interesting! I can't wait to get all 3.

I have all three, one on each character, and I never pay attention to it lol.

How could you not?! It looks so cool, haha.

ocean

Banned
I thought it was back to CBMM?
This game has always, since day 1, done SBMM. They just turned the dial all the way up to 11 with their latest changes.

Probably the only instance where the game has ever truly prioritized connections was Y1 Trials of Osiris. Everything before and after has been skill based.

I hope Bungie is proud of having the laggiest shooter in the market.

Haha, you need to get to Rank 25 with the faction then it starts an exotic quest that ends up giving you an exotic class item that not only gives you more faction reputation (10%, which is more significant now that all reputation was buffed) but it also provides an exclusive respawn animation while wearing the class item.

You can also wear the exotic class item with another piece of exotic armor too.

Interesting! I can't wait to get all 3.

How could you not?! It looks so cool, haha.

Awesome. Thanks! I have the dead Orbit one on my Hunter but switched to new Monarchy as soon as I got it so never used it. Not far from getting new Monarchy on my warlock and fwc on titan

Namikaze1

I backed out of 27 strikes trying to get Archon Priest (Taken version)

Only had the regular version show up once

Omingul 6 times
Dust Palace 4 times
Darkblade 3 times
Taniks 4 times
Undying Mind 2 times
Echo Chamber 3 times
Fallen Saber 3 times
Blighted Chalice 1 time

I'm done trying to get this shit to show up. Will just wait for when it is Nightfall.

I backed out of 27 strikes trying to get Archon Priest (Taken version)

Only had the regular version show up once

Omingul 6 times
Dust Palace 4 times
Darkblade 3 times
Taniks 4 times
Undying Mind 2 times
Echo Chamber 3 times
Fallen Saber 3 times
Blighted Chalice 1 time

I'm done trying to get this shit to show up. Will just wait for when it is Nightfall.
Omnigul seems to pop up way more often now but when I was trying to farm it, nothing. I did the taken winter's strike sbout four times so far and nothing yet

Deku Tree

Seems like grinding past 330 is pointless, meaning that once you are over 330 there will be almost zero noticeable difference in how much damage you take or how much damage you do to anything in the game. It is still fun to be "max level" and all that.

CoE is really easy and HM KF still has max LL of 320 at Oryx. And the fall expansion is probably going to be a complete reset of your power anyway.

ocean

Banned
I'm at light 334, my equipped gauntlet is at 334, exotic gauntlet engram decrypts at 334. Damn it! :D
Take a look at the perks, they're way more important than the LL. 334 vs 335 is exactly identical for any and all practical purposes.

What you want is a high stat roll, the right weapon ammo/reload perks etc.

This graph plots the minimum, average, and max total stat for every armor piece up to 320 Light. Total stat as in, if your gauntlets have Intellect and Discipline, what's the min/avg/max the sum of both numbers can be.
http://m.imgur.com/1v28qql

Some armor pieces are soooooo bad. Like terrible. No amount of Light can fix a bad roll :p

ocean

Banned
I'm looking through my stats. Most of my kills were with my primary on my last card. That vendor Hawksaw is just amazing. I don't even like Pulse Rifles but that thing is super easy to use and works super well at most ranges.

I had to give up my Graviton so I could use Alpha Lupi. It was unsettling at first; I've gotten very used to T5 DIS/STR while keeping Keen Scout + Shadestep. Going Alpha Lupi meant losing my T5s since it always rolls with Intellect. Worse: I had to chose between Shadestep and Keen Scout.

Now, Shadestep is the obvious choice. It's just a very strong ability. But I kept Keen Scout. Why? Because I'm not a great player. My movement isn't amazing and I make some wonky decisions like peeking when I shouldn't.

Keen Scout is amazingly good for a player like me. It's a visible reminder that my enemy is still there waiting for the peek to pick me off. Since they know they're "Hunted" it also often makes them back down into cover - great for saving my ass and letting me retreat to teammates. It also allowed me to shoot people's legs from strange angles I'd never have dared gone for otherwise.

As for quick res: it's still worth it. Not as aggressive as before, but it made the difference between W and L on multiple rounds last night.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
CoE is really easy and HM KF still has max LL of 320 at Oryx. And the fall expansion is probably going to be a complete reset of your power anyway.

CoE is easy this week due to Small arms burn

That's why its farmable
Next week will be the true Challenge when the new burns come in and we need to adjust to them

Fall expansion will plateau everyone again

I'm guessing by the time we reach it we will be 350, and LL goal of 450-500, bring in TTK standards with adjustments
Infusing 1:1 has been very beneficial to players and thank fuck people are using different sets or mix and match, not just locked into 1 set due to it

Anyone for full Raid or CoE farming?
My Titan needs cumulative score, I think 35k more to get his armor package
My Warlock needs to run KF from Totems to Oryx

I'm available!

Top Bottom