• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

4x Mercury Hype Today.

GGs to Igor, Drizz, Nami, Pew, Todd and Ocean.

Drizz and Xplicit: thanks a million for the card! For the first time, I feel I had a "legit" Mercury run where I wasn't just dead weight being carried. Went 1.42 for the card, which is higher than my 0.98 lifetime average :p Got 335 boots, 335 Pulse, 335 Telesto and a Rocket Launcher.

And the cat. The all-important cat.

CgO9j7jUkAAVC6n.jpg:large

Ocean was fiending for that sweet cat hype, slaying fools all the way to Mercury. Great run there, feels so good to 5-0 a sweaty final boss with crispy teamwork and communication. That's what Trials is all about.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just now realized you could use motes to level up factions. You get 100 points for 5. I have over 5k motes. Ka ching.

So whats the current state of PvP? Its been awhile but I am planning to get back into the PvP scene. What is the current "meta" since the new update? Is the last word worth using?

HigXx

Can anyone help me on the last part of the Solar Sword quest? The Darkblade strike

I have tried matchmaking so many times but no one seems to understand how to finish the quest

Can anyone help me on the last part of the Solar Sword quest? The Darkblade strike

I have tried matchmaking so many times but no one seems to understand how to finish the quest
I'll help you, hig.

Afterward, anyone want to run strikes or play pvp?

Doing the weekly bounties.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Some maps are more suited for certain modes than others. It seems to me like a ton of maps aren't suited for trials. Black Shield is just another example.

Deku Tree

My first mystery box got me a God roll Spektar helmet and I was happy. I infused it and put it on. Then my second mystery box got me a Spektar helmet again. Roll not as good. Legendary marks.. Smart Loot! Glad I didn't pay.

Edit: oh yeah I did like 10 NM rank ups yesterday and I still don't have the y2 NM ship. Had everything else for at least 25 rank ups.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Sorry to Kadey and InThrall for my scrubbiness in Trials. Black Shield just isn't my map, even moreso since I don't use Snipers in PvP...

Sorry to Kadey and InThrall for my scrubbiness in Trials. Black Shield just isn't my map, even moreso since I don't use Snipers in PvP...

I ran mostly Mida/Shotgun and it either worked or I was a spare part for a match. One of the downsides of the ice breaker glitch, no secondary swapping unless you can guarantee to grab a special box

Three 7-0's in a row so far this weekend

SnakeEyes

Banned
I ran mostly Mida/Shotgun and it either worked or I was a spare part for a match. One of the downsides of the ice breaker glitch, no secondary swapping unless you can guarantee to grab a special box

Three 7-0's in a row so far this weekend
I was running Nirwens Mercy/Party Crasher +1/Truth, and all the teams we were facing against were using Doctrines.

Hey everyone!
It's been a while. :)
Dark Souls III & The Division are keeping me busy but I'd like to get back to Destiny as well.

How's the update/patch? Worth getting back? Read the patch notes...and whow, a lot of stuff to do. Anyone got a recommendation on what to do first? In what order should I tackle the new progression route to 335?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Except for TLW, I don't think the patch changed anything. Doctrine is still king for it's kind and so forth. Sniping is still what it is. What really matters is the lag and that hasn't changed.

shingi70

Banned
So my GF is getting an Xbox and Destiny this week, I was going to play from the start with her, or should I tell her to use her light to get to the taken King stuff?

Trials run with Icon and another really good player yesterday. We go up against a Drizz level final boss and lose our mercy. The next match, we win our first two, and they rush in during heavy and we kill two of them. The third guy jumps off the map. They win the next round and fight like hell, but we win the next two. Mercury!

Then I get a message from the one guy, "lol we giving you the game gg"

Felt like writing back, "Yeah, that's why you guys were team shooting and scrambling like mad in rounds 5 and 6" but I didn't.

Patch has pretty much changed nothing in PvP. Doctrine is still most used primary in trials on PS4 and until people get good rolls on the Longbow/Her Fury/LDR the 1k yard stare will be the go to secondary.

Black Shield is the ResidentSleeper map of trials.

Top Bottom