• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Agent

Got The Swarm in a rank up package. It's quite a laser beam in use.

CgSmm3JWQAAVZgK.jpg

So earlier today in the weekly heroic playlist I matched up with two people who hid in the Valus cheese spot in the back left of the room. Now, I would understand this if they were new or low-level, but they were 319 and 321. I was at 317. Was just watching these two hide behind boxes while I'm just out in the open not even breaking a sweat.
I swear, this patch brought back some of the weirdo players, been seeing a lot of "you got too far ahead of me and hurt my pride" quits at the beginning of strikes and people leaving more in general.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
God damn I forgot how solid and good Destiny is.

And holy hell Oryx hard mode is difficult.

j-wood

Hopped back in with friends today and did both of the new CoE. I got a Her Fury. Is that a good sniper?

Also, what do you get when you finish the poe ticket? I hit the 30k for the high score in one run, so just need 60 to get to 90. I have until the tuesday reset?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone got a spare 10mins they can use to help me get my Hunter through the NF? I'll help in return afterwards with CoE, Heroic Strikes, or a HM KF...

Deku Tree

Did anyone talk about how much the special ammo nerf sucks in the KF raid yet?

OMG.

Where are these extra ammo boxes they were talking about? I was seeing a lot less ammo boxes than I remember getting before...

Plz stop nerfing PvE because of PvP problems, Bungie.

OMG.

Where are these extra ammo boxes they were talking about? I was seeing a lot less ammo boxes than I remember getting before...

Everyone has talked about it here and there >_> It seems most people who stick around care more about PvP than PvE though..

spyder_ur

OMG.

It sucks. Just a needless bummer.

Just ran a HM raid through daughters at light level 317. Light level didn't move one inch. 319 fusion from totems (helpful infusion), shards from Warpriest, 318 chest from Golgoroth. I honestly didn't know this was still a thing. It's incredible that a HM boss clear can give you absolutely nothing. Figured it was in postmaster - nope.

I'm seriously confused at what people are doing to get to these ~330 light levels - I've moved like 2 lights after doing a ton of stuff on one character (NF, strikes, quest, PoE, 4x Coe). Also wondering what the point is at all.

I don't tend to make negative posts, but this patch has been really disappointing to me.

j-wood

Just ran a HM raid through daughters at light level 317. Light level didn't move one inch. 319 fusion from totems (helpful infusion), shards from Warpriest, 318 chest from Golgoroth. I honestly didn't know this was still a thing. It's incredible that a HM boss clear can give you absolutely nothing. Figured it was in postmaster - nope.

I'm seriously confused at what people are doing to get to these ~330 light levels - I've moved like 2 lights after doing a ton of stuff on one character (NF, strikes, quest, PoE, 4x Coe). Also wondering what the point is at all.

I don't tend to make negative posts, but this patch has been really disappointing to me.

I feel you. I've gotten total absolute shit from engrams. Not a single upgrade. The only upgrades I've gotten are from the rewards screen, or reputation level rewards. Anything that drops has been trash that's below what I have equipped. Frustrating.

Arrrammis

I got most of my light levels by running vanguard strikes and crucible to get faction rep and packages, then running the CoE for class items and ghosts and CoO for artifacts. It also really speeds up progression if you consolidate all of your best gear into one character, do the weekly stuff, then pass on all of the new, better gear to your second character to infuse with. I stripped my Titan and hunter and now have a 330 warlock.

OMG.

It's really only truly horrible thing out of this update. BUNGIE STOP FUCKING NERFING GAHHHHHH.
Seriously iv said it before and ill say it again, this feels like vanilla Destiny ammo droughts. It's not fun to not be able shoot your gun...

Deku Tree

Does the new taken venus strike even exist? Backed out of over 20 heroic strikes because it wouldn't show up....

Nami did 27 and didn't get it. Betting it's gonna be the NF next week. Assume you have a 1/20 chance to get it since 10 strikes and 50/50 chance of getting the taken version.

ocean

Banned
Everyone has talked about it here and there >_> It seems most people who stick around care more about PvP than PvE though..
PvE content just isn't that replayable. You can only run a Raid or Strike so many times before being sick of it - perfectly static, unchanging, identical, predictable spawns and mechanics. KF was just amazing and I loved it but after a few weeks it's like eh been there.

PvP is what keeps people playing a shooter - nobody can play a Halo or CoD campaign continuously for a year without tiring :p

Deku Tree

You can just keep playing on the same card, it doesn't matter since you already got the loot. It's not like Trials in that way.

So you get loot for 30k points and more loot for 90k cumulative points, and after that you only get loot from rank ups until the weekly reset? Is that right?

So you get loot for 30k points and more loot for 90k cumulative points, and after that you only get loot from rank ups until the weekly reset? Is that right?

You get loot drops at the end of every run, which has a chance to drop legendary ghosts and class items up to 335 light depending on your character's LL. You can also get the three PoE exotics to drop, also up to 335.

edit: Yep, what you said is right Deku!

Deku Tree

You get loot drops at the end of every run, which has a chance to drop legendary ghosts and class items up to 335 light depending on your character's LL. You can also get the three PoE exotics to drop, also up to 335.

Right. Forgot to say that. In my head I was only thinking about loot that comes from talking to Variks, and for that you only get one card per week plus rank up packages right? Sounds like it.

Edit: thanks Driz!

Deku Tree

PvE content just isn't that replayable. You can only run a Raid or Strike so many times before being sick of it - perfectly static, unchanging, identical, predictable spawns and mechanics. KF was just amazing and I loved it but after a few weeks it's like eh been there.

PvP is what keeps people playing a shooter - nobody can play a Halo or CoD campaign continuously for a year without tiring :p

Some people think that way. Other people don't. People still run the raids. I believe that Driz, ji66a, Ruthless, Unstable, etc still run three raids at reset every week.

spyder_ur

You can just keep playing on the same card, it doesn't matter since you already got the loot. It's not like Trials in that way.

Thanks for that Drizz - I think I just assumed it worked like Trials cards.

How/why do vanguard strikes boost your Light level and what can you get from them? I love killing time through the strike playlist.

Also am I missing how I can run the new taken Winter's Run strike?

GGs to everyone this weekend.

Best win streak I've ever had. Earlier his weekend, Igor and I had a personal best 27 win streak (3 straight LH trips + 8-0 [which is 6 wins] before losing to a final boss), and the picked it right back up with 28 and 21 respectively today, my highest streaks ever. We went 21-0 today :D

The weekend ended with this Final Boss kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3TqtFGa-ts

Edit: I didn't save it so the quality is crap from watching the stream back.

HlWFOCa.gif

Oh yeah PvE content isn't replayable when done wrong. I mean let's just ignore WoW Diablo when coming up with this hypotheses.

And hey, Firefight looks like it'll be revitalizing Halo 5's own PvE content, then there's Horde mode for shooting done enticingly...

PvE content isn't that replayable. Now that's a new one.

Is anything decent dropping from trials these days, or are people just trying to get to Mercury for the emblem? Just curious, because I haven't noticed a lot of discussion about any must have drops...maybe I am not paying close attention?

Is anything decent dropping from trials these days, or are people just trying to get to Mercury for the emblem? Just curious, because I haven't noticed a lot of discussion about any must have drops...maybe I am not paying close attention?

They scale up to 330 now I believe, and it's always good infusion material if you have extra guns/armor. And it's fun, I suppose.

They scale up to 330 now I believe, and it's always good infusion material if you have extra guns/armor. And it's fun, I suppose.

5 wins drops up to 335 trials weapon, and 7 wins drop up to 335 gear.

Mercury gives up to 335 primary trials weapon, potential exotics up to 335 and a Trials flawless gear up to 335 as well.

All scale with your level what you're wearing during those events.

At 331 I've gotten 334 and 335.
When I was at 328, I got mostly 333 stuff.

Top Bottom