• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

CgRkx43UAAEvRFz.jpg:large

Got my very first legendary weapon from Year 1 AGAIN. Dem feels.

Toddler

Just fed about 300 motes of light to Dead Orbit. Went from 321 -325 in under 2 mins.

In CoE all by myself if anyone wants to join:
xTODDLERx

Wait until you get to 335 and your exotics still decrypt at 334...

Oh, great...

Take a look at the perks, they're way more important than the LL. 334 vs 335 is exactly identical for any and all practical purposes.

What you want is a high stat roll, the right weapon ammo/reload perks etc.

This graph plots the minimum, average, and max total stat for every armor piece up to 320 Light. Total stat as in, if your gauntlets have Intellect and Discipline, what's the min/avg/max the sum of both numbers can be.
http://m.imgur.com/1v28qql

Some armor pieces are soooooo bad. Like terrible. No amount of Light can fix a bad roll :p

Yes, of course! I'm infusing all the high LL exotics (and raid gear) into stuff I actually want to use.

Weirdest thing. I just went to hit patrol on dreadnaught, and it put me into the mission where you lay down beacons to allow the patrol to even be possible, from the start of taken king.

So odd. Exiting and trying again worked fine.

Edit: running strikes for them Vanguard reps...booster enabled

WipedOut

Weirdest thing. I just went to hit patrol on dreadnaught, and it put me into the mission where you lay down beacons to allow the patrol to even be possible, from the start of taken king.

So odd. Exiting and trying again worked fine.

Edit: running strikes for them Vanguard reps...booster enabled

How much rep is given out to each playlist?

Heroic

?

Sup DGAF. After the recent update I decided to spend some of my tax refund money on a PS4 headset, which means I finally wanna take the plunge on Destiny raids! Are the newbie raids mentioned in the OP still a thing? If so I'll definitely be signing up the next time my work schedule lines up properly. Also, anything I'd need to do prep-wise while I wait for my headset to get here? I'm assuming my 299 LL Titan should be fine for the two older raids, but is there anything you guys feel is important that the usual FAQs don't cover? Weapon types, subclass specs, etc? Regardless, I'm hoping to join you all on several raids in the near future! Hoping I won't be too much of a burden. I've seen playthroughs of VoG and KF so I have a basic understanding of most of the mechanics.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Apparently using booster and doing patrol is faster with a 3 man fireteam, just hop planets, people spread out ect. I have about 7 boosters, anyone want to farm rep in about an hour?

I'll do it with you.
I can do patrol also!

Arrrammis

Apparently using booster and doing patrol is faster with a 3 man fireteam, just hop planets, people spread out ect. I have about 7 boosters, anyone want to farm rep in about an hour?

If you're talking about the vanguard reputation booster, it only increases reputation gains from Strike playlists, it doesn't work on patrol stuff. I wasted one trying to do the same thing :( . Still, once you hit the 3 strike streak in the vanguard Heroic playlist, you get 250 rep per strike, so if you have a team speed running through you can level up vanguard pretty quickly. I think strikes with the booster and patrol missions break even on reputation gains/minute anyways, if you get lucky and get fast strikes then you'll get better rep from the strikes, but it all comes down to RNG with that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Seems like the game has a lot of issues since the update. I'm constantly not being able to see my friend's list. It's getting annoying.

WipedOut

If you're talking about the vanguard reputation booster, it only increases reputation gains from Strike playlists, it doesn't work on patrol stuff. I wasted one trying to do the same thing :( . Still, once you hit the 3 strike streak in the vanguard Heroic playlist, you get 250 rep per strike, so if you have a team speed running through you can level up vanguard pretty quickly. I think strikes with the booster and patrol missions break even on reputation gains/minute anyways, if you get lucky and get fast strikes then you'll get better rep from the strikes, but it all comes down to RNG with that.

Damn that sucks, I'm just curious about the rep in the lower level strikes, you literally can run through most in about 8 minutes and wonder if that wouldn't be faster than doing heroic.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Grave is a Tier 1 Patrol player. Shame there's no Patrol ELO, he'd be #1 worldwide.

That and Destination material farming, I'm too fucking OP when it comes to look for resources

I wish this game had crafting and material farming benefits

In FFXIV I got the Gold Pick Axe (think I was # Top 3), no nothing on ps3 and ps4
Then went and got the Botany Axe

For anyone wondering what I just wrote
You had to hit nodes just like in Destiny
Roughly 8000+ times, but the nodes had levels
So you needed to hit level 1-10 nodes 100 times, while the highest level nodes required like 3-5000 hits
Accumulate with separation
Then you needed gear and then always fix your gear when it started breaking down

In MMO I'm a resource manager, I'm the supplier
I enjoy the mundane part, gets you rich
Still have like 35-40mil gil in FFXIV lol

All from gold ores, mushrooms, and clusters (crystals) not even joking lol

If Destiny had an auction house for resources, I think I would be main supplier just keeping everyone locked out
Hell I would buy out and reset prices on those fuckibg under cutters
Oh you want to lower a stack by 5-10k gil, good I'll buy out your supply, go gather more, while I post it for 15k+ and reap roughly 20-25k profit

I love patrols, but they need to add more beacons, I think 5 per big zone should be a decent amount
Like small zones like Forgotten are OK with 2
Mid tier maps are OK with 3
Large need more, at least 5

By the way anyone else think Primary ammo got fubar'd with special ammo nerf and droprate
I never got thirsty for primary but sometimes oh boy...
I did Golgi today and 3 times trash didn't drop shit
I mean Nada
Next round 4 heavy bricks and 2 special, no primary

I had to pop my primary box to get ammo

I need CoE, anyone up for like 3-5 quick runs?
Need to cap Titan cumulative score

WipedOut

That and Destination material farming, I'm too fucking OP when it comes to look for resources

In FFXIV I got the Gold Pick Axe (think I was # Top 3), no nothing on ps3 and ps4

So you needed to hit level 1-10 nodes 100 times, while the highest level nodes required like 3-5000 hits
Then you needed gear and then always fix your gear when it started breaking down

If Destiny had an auction house for resources, I think I would be main supplier just keeping everyone locked out
Oh you want to lower a stack by 5-10k gil, good I'll buy out your supply, go gather more, while I post it for 15k+ and reap roughly 20-25k profit

I love patrols, but they need to add more beacons, I think 5 per big zone should be a decent amount

By the way anyone else think Primary ammo got fubar'd with special ammo nerf and droprate
I mean Nada

Gravehalp.net lol

I'm sitting on two exotic sword quests because I can't be bothered to farm for the mats.

Shiv47

I mean Nada

I'd be down for CoE.

Sup DGAF. After the recent update I decided to spend some of my tax refund money on a PS4 headset, which means I finally wanna take the plunge on Destiny raids! Are the newbie raids mentioned in the OP still a thing? If so I'll definitely be signing up the next time my work schedule lines up properly. Also, anything I'd need to do prep-wise while I wait for my headset to get here? I'm assuming my 299 LL Titan should be fine for the two older raids, but is there anything you guys feel is important that the usual FAQs don't cover? Weapon types, subclass specs, etc? Regardless, I'm hoping to join you all on several raids in the near future! Hoping I won't be too much of a burden. I've seen playthroughs of VoG and KF so I have a basic understanding of most of the mechanics.

Yep, the newbie raids listed in the OP are still an ongoing thing, be sure to sign up! I wouldn't stress too much prep-work before hand, Hawkian will do an excellent job telling everybody what they need to know at the time. It shouldn't be anything so serious that you need optimal loadouts, just use whatever weapons and subclass you enjoy. He'll also explain all the encounter mechanics so don't sweat that too much either, although it's always nice to have an idea going into it. Also, 299 light is fine for Normal King's Fall as well as the two old raids.

Who's around for some trials? Ape, x, drizz, john (etc)..?

I'll be on later tonight if anyone is still around then. Not sure what time exactly, but probably not for at least 90ish minutes.

Top Bottom