• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Oh well, time to delete the game

CgTHujUUEAAL-9Y.jpg

5 wins drops up to 335 trials weapon, and 7 wins drop up to 335 gear.

Mercury gives up to 335 primary trials weapon, potential exotics up to 335 and a Trials flawless gear up to 335 as well.

All scale with your level what you're wearing during those events.

At 331 I've gotten mostly 334 stuff and a couple 335.
When I was at 328, I got 333 stuff.

But what I am asking is if any good things are dropping. The light level is kinda irrelevant - there are lots of boring 335 weapons and armour sets around. I was more curious about whether any desirable items are dropping.

But what I am asking is if any good things are dropping. The light level is kinda irrelevant - there are lots of boring 335 weapons and armour sets around. I was more curious about whether any desirable items are dropping.

Every trials weapon is exactly the same as it was before, except nerfed/buffed from whatever April 12 weapon changes like the Doctrine.

Just the emblem is new and trials gear from flawless (gold and aqua) which has same perks as typical trials gear

Every trials weapon is exactly the same as it was before, except nerfed/buffed from whatever April 12 weapon changes like the Doctrine.

Just the emblem is new and trials fear from flawless (gold and aqua)

Ah, cool. That's what I was curious about, no new hotness then. :)

Honestly just wanted to know if I was missing anything, and it doesn't sound like I am. Its too hard for someone like me now.

Thanks for that Drizz - I think I just assumed it worked like Trials cards.

How/why do vanguard strikes boost your Light level and what can you get from them? I love killing time through the strike playlist.

Also am I missing how I can run the new taken Winter's Run strike?

The strike specific drops (like the new helmet or Taken shotgun) can drop up to 335, but like everything else it depends on your own LL. Otherwise I think it's mainly limited to Vanguard rank up packages which can drop up to 330. Also exotic engrams from 3oC I guess.

edit: also, you're not missing anything with the Winters Run strike. You just have to get lucky with it popping up in the Heroic playlist, which seems to be pretty rare. Chances are good it'll be the NFall soon.

Oh yeah PvE content isn't replayable when done wrong. I mean let's just ignore WoW Diablo when coming up with this hypotheses.

And hey, Firefight looks like it'll be revitalizing Halo 5's own PvE content, then there's Horde mode for shooting done enticingly...

PvE content isn't that replayable. Now that's a new one.
Destiny needs a proper Horde mode.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
It sucks. Just a needless bummer.

Just ran a HM raid through daughters at light level 317. Light level didn't move one inch. 319 fusion from totems (helpful infusion), shards from Warpriest, 318 chest from Golgoroth. I honestly didn't know this was still a thing. It's incredible that a HM boss clear can give you absolutely nothing. Figured it was in postmaster - nope.

I'm seriously confused at what people are doing to get to these ~330 light levels - I've moved like 2 lights after doing a ton of stuff on one character (NF, strikes, quest, PoE, 4x Coe). Also wondering what the point is at all.

I don't tend to make negative posts, but this patch has been really disappointing to me.

I feel you. I've gotten total absolute shit from engrams. Not a single upgrade. The only upgrades I've gotten are from the rewards screen, or reputation level rewards. Anything that drops has been trash that's below what I have equipped. Frustrating.

Do this: create a powerful left side sets pieces that you'll pass to all characters
What I mean choose your best primary, special, heavy and 1 ghost
Now you will infuse these as quickly as infusion fodder comes

You want to push your LL as much as possible, left side does this
I have a 332 Hung Jury, 335 Black Spindle, 333 Terminus, 335 Ghost
That set gets transferred to each character when I play them or do activities

So my 327 Warlock jumps to 331
Titan from 329 to 332 (like 5% away from 333)
Hunter from 327 to 331

Gear on the right side is too much RNG and it to drop and help push you at one time
You have to cheat the system

What I mean is my Hunter out of the gate reached 330 quick, how?
I edged factions and got package rewards boosting me up
Then pushed ammo/materials stockpiles and got more rank packages
Every time I got any weapon (infusion, unless god roll) it went into my set pieces
Then I did hella bounties/patrol for more packages

Within the first day without raiding or CoE or any activity that nets huge gain, I jumped up quite a few levels

If you read all that
Pick 1 legendary and 1 exotic for each weapon class
For me:
Primary - Hung Jury & Touch of Malice/Mida (got a 332 Mida, 325 ToM, waiting for extra infusion for ToM, but Mida and ToM swappable)
Secondary - Defiance of Yasmin + Black Spindle
Heavy - Harrowed Qullim's Terminus + Truth
Ghost - Int/Dis

This gets shuffled and each char jumps LL right off the bat
Now I do activities that net me guaranteed LL+ gear and keep pushing forward

If you prepared just a little in advance and circumvent the system a slight over you gain LL quick

I figured not to do CoO until at least your 330+ just so you don't get fucked by Rune and earn not at least a 335 artifact
Remember +6 to your LL is the max

Also Raid helps you a fuck ton with loot
Sometimes the system throws you NM loot higher that HM or CM LL loot
If your char doesn't need it, bet your other char most likely will

My Left side set helps boosts my LL to get better LL overall loot for all 3 chars then I feed leftovers to my other chars

Right side of your char you should be invested in only 1 set of gear and nothing more
No reason to 335 out and try to earn more 335 gear on just 1 char and make them fully complete

My Hunter fed my Titan who fed my Warlock who fed Titan who fed Hunter who in the end fed my Warlock which then fed both Hunter and Titan
So as you see I may not be 335 right now like but all 3 are at least 331+ each
Meaning reset Tuesday will push me closer to 335
Once there, all 334-335 loot will be infusion bonanza for all weapons and gear that will get pushed up
NF and Faction packages are 330 locked, so most will get infused into exotics that are lesser used

Have a set game plan on which things you want to max out first
Don't try to max out one char, sometimes lady luck might not be in your favor
Why just roll the dice once, when you can 3 times

Can do 5 5 2 if i move some stuff around.

I only see an extra 48 stat points in that picture. What's the real story here DJ?

Do you have a pic of this mythical 5/5/2 build? Honestly I'd be super curious. My NStalker build is 334 and just hit 1/5/5 with a little left over, definitely not enough LL left to get another full tier.

ocean

Banned
Wow ranking up has never ever been rewarding since today. My first ever FWC ship at rank 10. Shaders dropping left and right. So good.

I'll join for a few
Sorry man just solo'd it. Got 6x 335 Artifacts. If you need help I'll join you tho

ocean

Banned
I only see an extra 48 stat points in that picture. What's the real story here DJ?

Do you have a pic of this mythical 5/5/2 build? Honestly I'd be super curious. My NStalker build is 334 and just hit 1/5/5 with a little left over, definitely not enough LL left to get another full tier.
Some pieces just roll super high.

I've got 2 335 Artifacts on my Hunter right now: one has 122 points (79 Int 43 Dis) while the other has 105 points (73 Dis 32 Str).

Some super aggressive min maxing and lucky as hell rolls at 335 might just be enough for 5-5-2? I've never seen one though. I mean I can see somebody maaaaybe have 720 points if they're lucky (but it's a stretch). Having them perfectly allocated though? I dunno. It's just much more likely to have a lot of surplus in one stat and then be missing some on the other.

It'd probably come down to having a piece roll single-stat with a good enough roll for the Tier 2 on its own (like a 120 Int Artifact), and then reaching the 5-5 with the other pieces.

http://m.imgur.com/1v28qql

Updated as of 320 LL but it seems to scale linearly.

Artifact, ghost and class item - I have 1 each with higher base stats than the ones I have on right now. Will show when I'm back online..

Any Xbox One Trials carries happening at all?! I'm a Mercury virgin 😞

Have you played much Trials before? How many passage coins do you have? What time zone are you?

I can try to help, either Monday night or sometime next week depending on schedules. Just bear in mind that Trials is very competitive so flawless is never a sure thing. If you like PvP and want to improve then its definitely worth a shot. If you mainly just want loot/emblem/grimoire then it's actually much easier to have someone else play your account.

Simbo

Neo Member
Have you played much Trials before? How many passage coins do you have? What time zone are you?

I can try to help, either Monday night or sometime next week depending on schedules. Just bear in mind that Trials is very competitive so flawless is never a sure thing. If you like PvP and want to improve then its definitely worth a shot. If you mainly just want loot/emblem/grimoire then it's actually much easier to have someone else play your account.

Thanks for the reply.

Not played much Trials before.....ran about 3 cards in year 1 and haven't played any in year 2. I've got loads of passage coins, I'm in the UK. I'd say I'm an above average PvP'er and really want to improve so it would be great if we could somehow arrange a card or 2!

Bungie can you please make Handcannons as accurate as every other weapon class while in range? Even with max range bullets still inexplicably miss at times.

A Yr2 Thorn is our only hope but, they'd probably remove send it making it the same as everything else :d

I'm baffled they haven't already changed it to hammer forged tbh. But if I have to take a year 2 Thorn to get decent accuracy the accuracy isn't worth it to me, such is my despise for the Thorn.

Acidote

Hey, guys, I haven't done this weeks lvl 41 challenge yet. I don't even know how it is. If there's people up to it like 7 hours from now I'd like to do it.

I'm baffled they haven't already changed it to hammer forged tbh. But if I have to take a year 2 Thorn to get decent accuracy the accuracy isn't worth it to me, such is my despise for the Thorn.

Embrace the dark side, it's pretty balanced now the DoT has been nerfed. But you're right it's baffling how they've left the range unchecked when every other HC has been nerfed into the ground

The new HoJ sidearm seems pretty good, got one yesterday.

The Greg's promise meta was a lie though, that pos can't kill anything.

I got that from the 30k (or whatever one gives you the weapon), base stats look good but like all the different perks and types of sidearms I still don't get it, you point the gun and pull the trigger as quickly as possible

Top Bottom