• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

ocean

Banned
Hahaha I don't really get it. You were higher before our 3 cards with Kadey and Kean so it doesn't make sense. Unless it's delayed and my card with Drizz and Ocean caught up.

We must have played some after midnight so it counted those as well
My low ELO probably helped bring team average down and thus make your progression a little quicker?

X-Frame

I've gotten a new ship every time I've ranked up with Crucible and Vanguard factions -- amazing.

The rewards are amazing now. Shaders dropping in Crucible as well as almost every time I ranked up the Cryptarch too.

My low ELO probably helped bring team average down and thus make your progression a little quicker?

Low always helps but I was pretty sure he was a little higher right before we started our last 21 games that we played. Unless it updates after the 1st match after a long break between cards. That's possible too

Just popped a package with low light gear equipped. Feels bad man. Got a Saterine Rapier out of it at least. Hot Swap, high caliber/braced frame, and hidden hand.

Edit: I really wish they would add a Omolon pulse and a Suros hand cannon.

This is annoying.

I wish they had a quick calc anytime you decrypted or earned something to check what your highest light is. Either save it as a variable or do a check each time.

I got screwed in Trials rewards because I didn't have my highest on a few times and got lower light stuff. It's silly.

One 335 class item away from being able to be 335 on all three characters.

From now on any triple sunsinger team that I face in trials that loses is getting teabagged, seriously fuck them.

Ballistic

Hey so completed vanilla destiny - haven't touched destiny since December 2014 where I just about completed expansion pack 1 and have just picked up the taken king

First of all does anyone want to do the 'refer a friend' thing?

Secondly im confused about how quests work, im currently working my way through the house of Wolves and even though im on about step 10, steps 1-9 arent checked off - I assume each step unlocking is the ui telling me I have completed the previous steps?

I also have quests open to me for the base destiny missions, I have abandoned those as I don't want to replay the old stuff again. Will I lose anything or is it ok to do this?

Last question - my light level is only 150, is there a quick way for me to boost this considering it's so low?

You can move your light level by decrypting one engram at a time. If the LL is higher equip then decrypt another and rinse and repeat. Once you get to level 40 legendary will become available once you find some with good perks infuse them to increase LL. Work one character at a time. Save some excess blues and weapons you enjoyed in the vault for your other characters. This will quicken your progress because you'll have weapons that your comfortable with and infusion fuel to speed the journey along.

You can move your light level by decrypting one engram at a time. If the LL is higher equip then decrypt another and rinse and repeat. Once you get to level 40 legendary will become available once you find some with good perks infuse them to increase LL. Work one character at a time. Save some excess blues and weapons you enjoyed in the vault for your other characters. This will quicken your progress because you'll have weapons that your comfortable with and infusion fuel to speed the journey along.

Hey thanks! Should I be waiting until exp level 40 to decrypt stuff out of curiosity? Or should I be doing that as I go along?

Lnkn52

exploiter

#Ban
7Loc1ns3.jpg

Daemul

One 335 class item away from being able to be 335 on all three characters.

Same for me. An exotic helmet engram dropped for me last night and decrypted at 335, meaning that only my 334 class item is holding me back from being LL335 on all three characters.

I was thinking of going to farm CoE for it later today after work but I really can't be bothered. Class Items always seem to drop for me from the daughters during the Raid anyway so I'll just wait until tomorrow's reset.

From now on any triple sunsinger team that I face in trials that loses is getting teabagged, seriously fuck them.

I had forgotten just how bad it was to face a team of Sunsingers in Trials until I played ToO for the first time in 7 months this past weekend. I had to switch to Nightstalker because I needed to counter their broken ass VF firebolts. Next time you face them give them a couple of extra teabags for me eh?

Ran the raid yesterday and got shit. Go figure what I actually needed more than anything was an antiquated rune since my artifact was still 321 (I was 330). I didn't get one.

Instead I just played CoO until I ranked up with Eris, and she gave me a single one. So I then had to buy 3 stolens from her and go grind all those out. I ended up with about 90% of the way through to my next rank up with her, but I finally got it. A 333 with Int/Dsc which is nice.

Instantly shot up to 331 as soon as I equipped it.

Long weekend coming up this weekend so think I am going to try dedicate some time to trials. I always talk about improving but never play it. I am not great at PvP, 1.4ish K/D I think but worth a shot.

I'm 1651. The climb to 1900+ is real.

I'll be around for some games tonight.

Edit: John. Redemption?

The new Trials arms have a Chroma glow option with an Eye of Osiris that lights up. Got them on my hunter with white. Looks dope. Also, them Trials shaders...woowee

Sounds cool. None for me though. It's fine :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
270. Lowest score ever to beat POE challenge. Just concentrate on boss and don't kill any single enemy and don't take the final blow on them. Still get points for assists.

My highlight of the weekend was getting a message from a group of 0.5 k/d people that we only beat them because I was carrying ipitythafool and Icon, both of whom have higher k/ds than me. I guess because I was wearing the cat emblem at the time.

Also, got a 330 ghost from my gold trials package on Sunday, so I can stop stressing about that. Over 25 CoE runs without a ghost was bugging the hell out of me.

Can someone explain the farming tecniques

Crucible - use a booster and wear class item for 219rep per match, best in a fireteam so you can stomp noobs for quicker matches

Vanguard - use booster and wear class item for 219 rep per heroic strike, or go in a fireteam of three, split up and quickly complete patrols

Challenge of Elders - kill bosses as quickly as possible, sub 5 minutes is possible with a competent team

Court of Oryx, same as before patch fireteam and burn through them

ELO - Have two good players and one with a low ELO, pub stomp noobs, the higher it is the more you'll mention it :p

Ah, cool. That's what I was curious about, no new hotness then. :)

Honestly just wanted to know if I was missing anything, and it doesn't sound like I am. Its too hard for someone like me now.

The new Trials arms have a Chroma glow option with an Eye of Osiris that lights up. Got them on my hunter with white. Looks dope. Also, them Trials shaders...woowee
I think the Pariah class items have new textures too, but are otherwise the same.

Can someone explain the farming tecniques

Just go into CoE with the intention of focusing down the boss asap. Use buffs/nerfs like weapons of light or shadowshot to increase damage output.

Only kill the absolutely necessary adds.

First and third boss, stay right near the front door of the arena.

Second boss, go hide in the far left or right of the arena. I prefer left.

Pop a 3 of coins for every boss.

Only use your primary weapon. Save grenades to clear out adds that have gotten too close. Don't bother with damaging supers.

Primary weapons all day long.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think people should farm POE challenge. So easy and easiest way to get glimmer, motes, blues, armor materials, etc. Postmaster went from empty to almost full in an hour.

CoE, CoO, ELO, Crucible and Vanguard Boost farming

I'll give the game a month max before its dead on here

I think the update is fine. I'm content with the minimal PvP changes. Everything is muted compared to Y1, but everything has a place now. Dead? I don't know. I think those of us who still enjoy Destiny will play it as much as we do. The more casual, come back for an update, get max light, and take a break, will be gone like always. That's just the game now. That's the cycle. Its not really a bad thing.

I think the Pariah class items have new textures too, but are otherwise the same.

That too. They have a much more noticeable texture. Also, that Macello carry :p

Ballistic

Hey thanks! Should I be waiting until exp level 40 to decrypt stuff out of curiosity? Or should I be doing that as I go along?

No, decrypt as you go. Keep the low level guns and ghosts for new characters. When your in the world and a green is higher than what your using equip it because the next green could have a higher LL and repeat. Once your level 40, keep some of your lower light gear to infuse into new characters.

Edit: once your around 300 on one character keep some high blue armor for infusion. Since its one to one infusion, you'll go from 220 to 300 almost instantly.

I actually ran patrols this morning :)

I want Shadow Price. My first legendary primary back in the day. Wasn't even a good roll but I loved that gun.

I like the update but I think Bungie went a bit too far to correct the progress rate. Hitting 335 within the week (or day) isn't necessarily a good thing, for longevity's sake.

Lnkn52

I think people should farm POE challenge. So easy and easiest way to get glimmer, motes, blues, armor materials, etc. Postmaster went from empty to almost full in an hour.
Good idea. I've never been so Destiny broke since the launch of the game.

All the rewards for leveling up factions has been adicting. I've got 0 motes.

E92 M3

I want Shadow Price. My first legendary primary back in the day. Wasn't even a good roll but I loved that gun.

I like the update but I think Bungie went a bit too far to correct the progress rate. Hitting 335 within the week (or day) isn't necessarily a good thing, for longevity's sake.

Nothing fun about chasing numbers; bungie did what should have happened months ago. Now people can seek equipment and optimize their builds without worrying about infusion system holding them back.

No Time To Explain is also sweet for CoE runs; I've been 2 manning it with a friend and with 2 of them going and just focusing on boss crit spots, you can have it done in minutes.

LTWood12

Hitting 335 is a fun chase, but im not going to feel 'done' once i get there. I've got so many weapons I want to be 330+ plus min/maxing armor and stuff.

That was my point earlier about all the farming, what the fuck are people going to do in a month? I've only played one character and thats only at 324

Optimize.

Build a set of gear that has amazing synergy, maybe even one for each subclass.

I still don't understand why people think that hitting 335 is some sort of flag that says "Congrats! You beat the game. I release you."

Hitting 335 is a fun chase, but im not going to feel 'done' once i get there. I've got so many weapons I want to be 330+ plus min/maxing armor and stuff.

This exactly. I have all my PvP gear/PvP builds I want to punch up. I'm also still working on that last three exotic faction items.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oooooooooo.

CSGZdRk.png

People like Jigga and I will continue to farm stuff for various loadouts and for future updates. PVP will always be fun. Destiny is nowhere near dead and won't be as long as we keep it going.

Deku Tree

I keep wondering if they are gonna do a y3 reset like they did in y2? Or are they gonna let you keep your stuff and infuse it further.

People may have paid money for the Taken Armor set so Bungie may be more inclined to allow them to continue to infuse it to w/e will be max light in y3.

WipedOut

Just because you can hit max light doesn't mean you are happy with your build. I for one will be tweaking a bit and won't be afraid to try different builds now.

I need to farm on my hunter for the Warden's hood. I have a couple boosters if anyone want to farm CoO tonight.

Lnkn52

I keep wondering if they are gonna do a y3 reset like they did in y2? Or are they gonna let you keep your stuff and infuse it further.

People may have paid money for the Taken Armor set so Bungie may be more inclined to allow them to continue to infuse it to w/e will be max light in y3.

Probably cap it for Taken King stuff.

Hopefully keep infusing for Taken Queen expansion.

Top Bottom