• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

DrDrizzay101 is back at it! Welcome to the other siiiiiiide of DGAF.

Frenden, those damn yellers! Nice work.

I got a near God Roll HE gloves today. So close I just need Marksman bonus instead of LMG. (I Rerolled and didn't get it.. But I love the reroll system. Successive rerolls can be turned down a tad, imo)

I have 2 yeller gears now! And 1 yeller gloves. Doing bit things.

OxebAT7.jpg

#PCDGAF FTW

DrDrizzay101 is back at it! Welcome to the other siiiiiiide of DGAF.

Frenden, those damn yellers! Nice work.

I got a near God Roll HE gloves today. So close I just need Marksman bonus instead of LMG. (I Rerolled and didn't get it.. But I love the reroll system. Successive rerolls can be turned down a tad, imo)

I have 2 yeller gears now! And 1 yeller gloves. Doing bit things.

#PCDGAF FTW
ahh i see you're not on ps4..

Oh shi-

So who is taking over OT duties now?

I like it fine but it won't be taking up tons of my time, only level 7 now. Spent tonight finishing the
Tower
ending of Talos Principle, great game. Basically I only bought Division because Unstable got a free version with a CPU he bought and wanted someone to play it with him.

It's a cool game, and looks unbelievable on PC. The level of environmental detail is staggering. It plays better too, smooths out some of the clunky animations and the cumbersome UI is more manageable with KB+M. Apologies for the PC master race cliche but Division just feels like PC RPG while Destiny feels like a console shooter.

It's a fun diversion but I also agree with what Math posted above. Combat feels like interacting with contextual button prompts to move between sticky cover points instead of the glorious freedom of Destiny's movement systems. Ultimately it's great that the games are so different since they can appeal to such a wide range of interests.

I like it fine but it won't be taking up tons of my time, only level 7 now. Spent tonight finishing the
Tower
ending of Talos Principle, great game. Basically I only bought Division because Unstable got a free version with a CPU he bought and wanted someone to play it with him.

It's a cool game, and looks unbelievable on PC. The level of environmental detail is staggering. It plays better too, smooths out some of the clunky animations and the cumbersome UI is more manageable with KB+M. Apologies for the PC master race cliche but Division just feels like PC RPG while Destiny feels like a console shooter.

It's a fun diversion but I also agree with what Math posted above. Combat feels like interacting with contextual button prompts to move between sticky cover points instead of the glorious freedom of Destiny's movement systems. Ultimately it's great that the games are so different since they can appeal to such a wide range of interests.

|OT 41| The Diversion

Is stabie still in the menu experimenting with graphic settings?
:p

|OT 41| The Diversion

Is stabie still in the menu experimenting with graphic settings?
:p

lol yeah probably. We played for awhile after the reset raids but not since then. He was getting some weird error where he'd get stuck on cover and had to restart a couple times. One time we were doing a mission and forgot we'd set the fireteam to public so he got replaced within 20 seconds, haha.

I'd be fine with optional MM for everything in Destiny outside hard mode raids, maybe lock normal raids until a few weeks after release. Ideally Destiny 2 would have an in-game LFG utility for raids. The Daily Stories, Strike playlists and Nightfalls should absolutely have optional MM.

MicSte79

Neo Member
Welcome to the DGAF community. Not sure how I missed your initial post. Feel free to add me as well PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

It's safe to say I am a hardcore player, mostly just reset and PvP stuff these days, but I am happy to help out with story, strikes, raids when I am free.

Thanks man - have just sent you a friend request.

Should be on this by the weekend but like I said before, will be starting at Level 0.

:)

Jinjo

Tower

I've noticed I can't play The Division for more than about two hours in one sitting because of those reasons/before getting bored. It's a really great game though, just not "Destiny-addicting(tm)". Nice diversion since Destiny is dryer than a desert right now.

It's clunky AF. Feels really unrefined. I know ones a FPS and the other is a TPS so comparing the two is a little difficult, but it needs some work. Feels like a step back from GoW.

Man this place died Bungie plz

Yeah the gameplay really does leave something to be desired.

Like, I'm thinking why they don't have a 1st person option. Even if it's clunky, it'd be exhilarating to have a cover system with more or less the same controls in a 1st person scenario. Off the top of my head there isn't much that would make it impossible to have a 1st person perspective(Barring technical fidelity).

Fuck, I really want Division with Destinys gunplay.

glaurung

Spent a long time in NF last night. One of the guys was not a super good player, but me and another friend were.

Got our asses handed to us more times than I care to recount. I am not known for ragequits, but I called time after we wiped for god knows how many times. Fuck that burn combination. Every Cabal in that room does solar damage. The red boss's slam hit box is super weird and even jumping exactly over him (which caused you 0 dmg in a regular strike) now seems to kill you.

Fuck this thing hard.

WeTeHa

Spent a long time in NF last night. One of the guys was not a super good player, but me and another friend were.

Got our asses handed to us more times than I care to recount. I am not known for ragequits, but I called time after we wiped for god knows how many times. Fuck that burn combination. Every Cabal in that room does solar damage. The red boss's slam hit box is super weird and even jumping exactly over him (which caused you 0 dmg in a regular strike) now seems to kill you.

Fuck this thing hard.

We completed it 3 times last night with different combinations of classed. Self res, bubble titan and tether are the most useful ones. Black spindle, raid hmg and whatever primary.

Only shoot boss till first wave of adds shows up, kill the ones that spawn in on top first. Shoot boss with spindle, use heavy for ads. Clear all adds and then run around getting revives/build super. Shoot boss till he leaves, clear adds (top first). Try to already be at the top when they spawn. Tether for orb generation, helm of saint 14+bubble at the door to blind the spawned enemies. Save self res till you need it.

Same thing for second boss.
Once they both show up, kill fire guy instantly. 3 solar snipers = he's dead. Clear adds. Done.

Edit: If you are having trouble: bring your best/favourite character multiple times and then after the last wave of adds before killing the arc boss you can switch characters while the rest runs around avoiding mortar fire.

glaurung

We completed it 3 times last night with different combinations of classed. Self res, bubble titan and tether are the most useful ones. Black spindle, raid hmg and whatever primary.

Only shoot boss till first wave of adds shows up, kill the ones that spawn in on top first. Shoot boss with spindle, use heavy for ads. Clear all adds and then run around getting revives/build super. Shoot boss till he leaves, clear adds (top first). Try to already be at the top when they spawn. Tether for orb generation, helm of saint 14+bubble at the door to blind the spawned enemies. Save self res till you need it.

Same thing for second boss.
Once they both show up, kill fire guy instantly. 3 solar snipers = he's dead. Clear adds. Done.
Yeah, that was pretty much what we were doing. I guess our warlock messed up. He'd self-resurrect at the worst time and instantly get killed again.

Bah, it's not like the NF would give anything good anyway. The last three weeks - the best drop has been a 10-stack of three of coins.

WeTeHa

Yeah, that was pretty much what we were doing. I guess our warlock messed up. He'd self-resurrect at the worst time and instantly get killed again.

Bah, it's not like the NF would give anything good anyway. The last three weeks - the best drop has been a 10-stack of three of coins.

It took us a bunch of tries to get it done as well. Got 6 legendary marks and an exotic shard... Yay.

Namikaze1

The amount of bugs I have encounter in the PS4 version..
It is an Ubisoft game after all.

I have fallen through the floor many times, fell through the world once, had entire clips empty out after one or two shots, and several more. Have video footage of me falling through the floor while doing a CM with Math, Sushi, and Kalamari. Also have footage of that ammo clip thing I mentioned.

But dammit I still like the game.

Speaking of Division bugs, this was fun:

Generally it runs really well for me. Only occasional weirdness especially considering how technically complex it is. Hit Lv10, having fun, but definitely something I'll work through slowly like Jinjo said, can't binge it like I could with prime-time Destiny.

It's interesting to compare/contrast the two games but I'll try not to post too much about DivGaf in DGAF. I just wish there was actually something to talk about for Destiny :-/

E92 M3

DGAF Squared check in. This is a week of Division endgame. My current haul minus some bad rolls that got sharded and a couple dupes. I've got a sale on kneepads...

Matchmaking means I can run this stuff as often as I'd like. One aborted group of randoms total so far, but otherwise it's been fine. I'm a total convert to optional matchmaking for all the things.

You look like a soviet soldier; I like it!

Got a Crux doing Crota tonight! The conversion is complete!

Lucky son of a squirtle.

That was a lot of fun. Your rng knows no bounds. Didn't you get a 320 smite w/ firefly tonight too?

TFW when you leave your raid group with great sadness because you can't do King's Fall anymore and then wake up to see they did Crota's End:

Cyclops.gif

Wiped is Wolvie in this scenario, you lucky sonofa!

spyder_ur

I've enjoyed the Division a ton and am level 29, but enthusiasm is already fading a bit. Probably not going to get into the end game cycle too much after I get a few yellows. I do love the DZ, but the weapons and enemies all across the game are way too samey that I can't seen much of an appetite for doing them over and over. It's been a real fun ride so far though.

It's been buggy as hell for me on PS4, personally.

After playing Division, I have to say one thing really stuck out for me as it compares to Destiny: the UI. It's a freaking mess in Division (meaning everything involving markings, vendors, etc.) that is makes you appreciate how smooth Destiny is in this regard. Since you're in menus alot in both games, it makes a big difference.

Tri4

Ugh man, trying to get this fucking hakke test shotgun done and I keep getting OHKOed by conspiracy theories.

Edit: first light.. Lol, nope. College time.

WeTeHa

Ugh man, trying to get this fucking hakke test shotgun done and I keep getting OHKOed by conspiracy theories.

Edit: first light.. Lol, nope. College time.

How many pve test weapons do we have this week?

Amazon.de please, I just want to order the Fire Emblem limited edition... I could have ordered PSVR, and I don't even want it.

Armsday weapons for sale this week:

Hakke Arminius-D
Suros DIS-47
Omolon Uffern HC4
Hakke Lyudmila-D
Suros PDX-45

Pretty good week I'd say. Finally no Strongbow or Uzume. Gonna pick up the DIS-47 and the PDX-45 since I don't have their God Rolls yet.

More details on the various rolls available here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4anj2j/armsday_rolls_week_28_20160316/

Roll 3 on the Cocytus is supposed to be God Roll for PvE

Roll3:Spark IS6/Flash HS4/Impulse MS2-Life Support-Quickdraw/HLS-Firefly/Eye of the Storm.

Tri4

How many pve test weapons do we have this week?

Amazon.de please, I just want to order the Fire Emblem limited edition... I could have ordered PSVR, and I don't even want it.
3 of each I think. I think I'm done with testing crucible weapons, went in with full test loadout (pulse, shotgun and rocket launcher) and now I feel like biting the head off a duck and beating my PlayStation with its dead carcass or something.

WeTeHa

3 of each I think. I think I'm done with testing crucible weapons, went in with full test loadout (pulse, shotgun and rocket launcher) and now I feel like biting the head off a duck and beating my PlayStation with its dead carcass or something.

haha :D

I usually just ignore the crucible weapons. I'm bad enough as it is, I don't need to further handicap myself by using crappy weapons.
I think I need 2 weapons on my titan to hit rank 3 and 3 weapons on my warlock for rank 3. Then I'm done with testing weapons.

aarcane

DGAF Xbox is dad.

No kidding. I logged on last night to do the crucible daily (which was an awful laggy mess) and pick up some bounties for my Warlock and Titan. Before The Division, there was usually at least two or three people on my friends list around at any time, but there was nobody.

Hopefully some will be back for Trials at the weekend, I feel like running a card or two just to get the bounties done.

WipedOut

No kidding. I logged on last night to do the crucible daily (which was an awful laggy mess) and pick up some bounties for my Warlock and Titan. Before The Division, there was usually at least two or three people on my friends list around at any time, but there was nobody.

Hopefully some will be back for Trials at the weekend, I feel like running a card or two just to get the bounties done.

Xbox user install base has always moved on to the next biggest thing, unless it's COD. I seriously doubt Destiny 1 will recover on Xbox. It truly might be dad.

WipedOut

It will never be the same on PS4, they've lost all the momentum and hooks they had into players.

I think if they knock it out of the park this fall it will be close. It all depends on what comes out this fall and if there is that A+ game that people will flock to. I have high hopes for overwatch. It just looks like a "Fun" Game.

If Destiny is dad...is Division its child?
While I do find Division fun it just doesn't have that pull for me. I had more fun running crota last night than anything played in Division so far. Destiny still has that x-factor for me. It's still fun.

Going in deathsinger, taking out the wizard and shrieker, then two blasting the deathsinger with raze-lighter was just fun. Say what you want about Crota's End but now that we are over leveled the raid/strike is just fun.

aarcane

Xbox user install base has always moved on to the next biggest thing, unless it's COD. I seriously doubt Destiny 1 will recover on Xbox. It truly might be dad.

Sadly, I think you may be right. If it wasn't for the fact it would take me forever to get back to where I am now on Xbox, I'd get a PS4 and start again. It's just a shame there's no way to transfer accounts.

WipedOut

Sadly, I think you may be right. If it wasn't for the fact it would take me forever to get back to where I am now on Xbox, I'd get a PS4 and start again. It's just a shame there's no way to transfer accounts.

I bought a PS4 on December 18th, I saw the writing on the wall then and decided to start anew, 3 months later I have 3 alts, all above 315, almost every exotic, still missing Bad Juju, Invective and a few quest exotics. Still have two subclasses that need leveling up but they'll eventually get there. Sure I'm missing a ton of emblems and shaders, but I have the important ones.

I miss raiding and playing with some of my former xbros but they quit a long time ago and more are dropping each day.

The Division is the hot fling that the spouse runs off with that on surface level seems like an exotic, more exciting alternative to dad but leaves you feeling just as empty in the end.

The Division is more of a distraction for me, I plan to play the story missions, get to level 30 then move to Uncharted Collection. I need to get through 1-3 before 4 comes out.

Top Bottom