• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

aarcane

I bought a PS4 on December 18th, I saw the writing on the wall then and decided to start anew, 3 months later I have 3 alts, all above 315, almost every exotic, still missing Bad Juju, Invective and a few quest exotics. Still have two subclasses that need leveling up but they'll eventually get there. Sure I'm missing a ton of emblems and shaders, but I have the important ones.

I miss raiding and playing with some of my former xbros but they quit a long time ago and more are dropping each day.

I'll have a look at any PS4 deals when the expansion hits later this year, I think the game will just be treading water until then.

Top of page edit: PvP scrubbiness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLhltq16FeU

E92 M3

I am banking on the fact that we will eventually be able to transfer accounts. I am not restarting on the PS4, my OCD will not allow it lol.

Number45

Sadly, I think you may be right. If it wasn't for the fact it would take me forever to get back to where I am now on Xbox, I'd get a PS4 and start again. It's just a shame there's no way to transfer accounts.
I'm sure Bungle would love it, but there's no way Sony or (particularly) MS would want it.

WipedOut

I am banking on the fact that we will eventually be able to transfer accounts. I am not restarting on the PS4, my OCD will not allow it lol.

My OCD is what allowed me to do it. The drive to find all the stuff all over again. I wanted the challenge. Didn't hurt that I may have the best RNG luck this game has seen.

1. Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker within an hour of each other
2. Vex and every weapon except Vision and Foil in 14 total runs.
3. Crux within 15 total Runs.
4. Perfect Roll Imago Loop after 10 NF runs.
5. CB Trucker Law Doctrine (Just put this in for Frenden)
6. Revenant and Bittersteel before Rank 10.
7. 3 x 320 Ghost
8. Jade Rabbit already.

E92 M3

Start with 0 strange coins!! Absurd!

Tell me about it! I am not losing my massive collection of stuff.

My OCD is what allowed me to do it. The drive to find all the stuff all over again. I wanted the challenge. Didn't hurt that I may have the best RNG luck this game has seen.

1. Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker within an hour of each other
2. Vex and every weapon except Vision and Foil in 14 total runs.
3. Crux within 15 total Runs.
4. Perfect Roll Imago Loop after 10 NF runs.
5. CB Trucker Law Doctrine (Just put this in for Frenden)
6. Revenant and Bittersteel before Rank 10.
7. 3 x 320 Ghost
8. Jade Rabbit already.

That's all disproportional luck - worst part of Destiny is desiring things. Having everything is what I always loved.

WipedOut

Tell me about it! I am not losing my massive collection of stuff.

That's all disproportional luck - worst part of Destiny is desiring things. Having everything is what I always loved.

on xbox I didn't have a massive stockpile of mats, coins ect. That part was easy for me. There pretty much isn't anything I'm really missing compared to the xbox account. Sure missing some y1 stuff but that's small potatoes. I got all the important ones, well except for thorn.

ZeroCoin

I'd really like to try my hand at some raid at some point. Is there a certain class/subclass that's generally more accepted for raids? Rather not roll into a raid with a bladedancer if they bring nothing to the group.

Also I see a lot of talk about challenge mode, what is the recommended light level for some of these different raids and optional modes? I can read up on the raid steps but it's not going to replace firsthand experience. At the same time though I don't want to bring the group down because I've never been on a raid.

Stayed home from work today because my throat is on fire. Did some bounties and got a Hawksaw with a blue engram.

It rolled with:

Hammer Forged
Counter Balance
Rifled Barrel

I'd really like to try my hand at some raid at some point. Is there a certain class/subclass that's generally more accepted for raids? Rather not roll into a raid with a bladedancer if they bring nothing to the group.

Also I see a lot of talk about challenge mode, what is the recommended light level for some of these different raids and optional modes? I can read up on the raid steps but it's not going to replace firsthand experience. At the same time though I don't want to bring the group down because I've never been on a raid.

Re: raid subclasses

Warlock- Sunsinger
Hunter- Nightstalker
Titan- Defender

Defender has the most utility across all three Destiny raids, nobody will ever say no to a Bubble Bro. Sunsingers are always valuable especially for first time players who may need the self-revive. Since you mentioned Bladedancer, I'm guessing you have a Hunter in which case NStalker is the best overall bet (especially useful in King's Fall). Bladedancer is actually a great subclass for the two older raids, and the most useful subclass period for Crota's End.

Re: Challenge mode recommended light

Warpriest- ~290 normal, 300 hard
Golgoroth- ~290 normal, 300 hard
Oryx- ~300 normal, 310 hard

These are just guidelines and not requirements. Warpriest is especially easy to carry a low light player since you don't necessarily have to do much. Golgoroth is a bit tougher because you have to stay alive until at least the final cycle. Oryx is the toughest because losing a single team member can often make it hard for groups to recover.

All of these challenge modes will be much easier on Normal because you can be revived if you die. Hard mode raids are a lot more punishing because there are no revives unless you have a Sunsinger with self-revive super.

For raids, nightstalker, defender and sunsingers are the best options. For challenge mode you can be carried through Warpriest/Golgoroth at -300 for Oryx closer to 310 would be better. I'm not sure of the status of them but Hawkian does newbie raids (check first post)

Your best bet is to try and get in on the challenge modes this and next week as that will give you a 320 Artefact a 310/320 special and heavy then next week a 310 and 320 piece of armour all of that should boost your light by quite a bit for oryx

Edit Drizzay can you carrying on playing the division ffs, I've got all this covered

D_psipher

Stayed home from work today because my throat is on fire. Did some bounties and got a Hawksaw with a blue engram.

It rolled with:

Hammer Forged
Counter Balance
Rifled Barrel

I am working from home because of parking being horrible at work and I am jealous. Do you have a red dot scope though? It is perfect, though.

ZeroCoin

For raids, nightstalker, defender and sunsingers are the best options. For challenge mode you can be carried through Warpriest/Golgoroth at -300 for Oryx closer to 310 would be better. I'm not sure of the status of them but Hawkian does newbie raids (check first post)

Your best bet is to try and get in on the challenge modes this and next week as that will give you a 320 Artefact a 310/320 special and heavy then next week a 310 and 320 piece of armour all of that should boost your light by quite a bit for oryx

I mentioned bladedancer because they seemed like the most useless pve class for higher level enemies. I have all 3 subclasses maxed on my hunter, and close to finished in striker, sunsinger and stormcaller. So I have a decent number of options when it comes to raids, just need that experience.

That's great info, thanks. I'll probably start focusing on defender a bit more when I redeem bounties to get that up to an acceptable level.

Edit Drizzay can you carrying on playing the division ffs, I've got all this covered

lol you da real MVP Mr. Trout

P.S. I briefly watched Nghtly stream this morning. It gave me a good chuckle when I heard him give you a shout out "hey, what's up mehrman" in his typical chillaxed tone.

lol you da real MVP Mr. Trout

P.S. I briefly watched Nghtly stream this morning. It gave me a good chuckle when I heard him give you a shout out "hey, what's up mehrman" in his typical chillaxed tone.

Lol, yeah I'm kinda of a bid deal in the sweaty twitch chat community

He said he applied to GAF but never got the acceptance email (Ghaleon why you do this.gif) as I saw Biggy and blackprophesy on his friends list

Edit prophesy forgot to buy the boons on a carry, did Biggy ever win a raffle?

I mentioned bladedancer because they seemed like the most useless pve class for higher level enemies. I have all 3 subclasses maxed on my hunter, and close to finished in striker, sunsinger and stormcaller. So I have a decent number of options when it comes to raids, just need that experience.

That's great info, thanks. I'll probably start focusing on defender a bit more when I redeem bounties to get that up to an acceptable level.

Yeah, you'll want to fully level defender in order to get maximum utility.
As for newbie raids, just let us know if you need a group. Plenty of sherpas around.

WeTeHa

$250 for 3 full hard mode runs? Sounds reasonable.
While we are on the subject, I'm opening my new shop. 3 full hard mode runs, only $200. Cheaper than anywhere else!

I wonder if even a single person has bought something from them. Seriously. Who the fuck pays obscene amounts of money for something like that?!

Edit:
It's big business I posted up the OG one in a previous OT and the guy behind it cleared over $100k in yr1. Account selling was also huge, a fully loaded Gjallahorn one could hit $1k

WHAT? Good grief.

WipedOut

It's big business I posted up the OG one in a previous OT and the guy behind it cleared over $100k in yr1. Account selling was also huge, a fully loaded Gjallahorn one could hit $1k

Wonder if I can get anything for my 1 alt Xbox one that pretty much has everything lol.

rezn0r

http://www.gunsofdestiny.com/?gclid=CKTTxYfOxcsCFdgOgQodUF4Evg

Wow, seriously, anyone paying for this junk deserves to be nut punched, better yet, make them infertile so they can't reproduce their stupidity.

LOL what dumb shit. I always hated the idea of buying currency and characters in MMOs, this is worst than that.

BTW I'm the Boston guy you farmed CoO with & also played The Division's Times Square mission the other day. I was mainly muted. Having fun with it, but I'm not sure it'll have the staying power Destiny does
for me, before people jump on statements

I've missed a few of your invites by sitting there afk but keep em coming when you need fireteam members!

Daemul

If someone offered me $1000 for my Destiny account I would take the money, but accounts were only going for that price back in the days when everyone was chasing Ghorn it seems, so I probably wouldn't even get offered half of that now.

stay gold

3 crucible test weapons again, nice one Bungie, everyone really enjoys them.

Poor Banshee keeps testing this Rocket Launcher, but theres no feedback system in place to let him know it's the biggest piece of shit in the game.

LTWood12

TFW when you leave your raid group with great sadness because you can't do King's Fall anymore and then wake up to see they did Crota's End:

Cyclops.gif

Wiped is Wolvie in this scenario, you lucky sonofa!

Oh man the feels. Wolverine says right after that "Next time, I'll use these" and his claws come out.

I don't really have any issue w/ the guns of destiny thing. I mean it seems douchey and I wouldn't pay those prices for that stuff, but if someone wants to that's fine. When put in the context of $10 SRL record books and premium emotes, what you actual pay for from the carry guys seems like a better deal for the money.

GutZ31

That website is probably still better value than Bungie's level boosters.

I tend to look at anything pay to win as pretty much the same.
So, that means if you are the developer, publisher, or some third party making money off of people that have the "I want it now" diseases, I find it hard to respect the people making money off of them.

As for the people that pay, I think some would be better off stepping away from the game, or trying to overcome with there own power.

The younger generation is usually blamed for this idealized instant gratification because mobile games(hugely marketed at ages 9-20, sometimes more/less), but that doesn't explain the older generations doing the same in games like destiny.

Most likely cause would be time.
Older individuals have jobs, and family that mean time is scarce for personal entertainment.

Depression and anxiety can lead to impulse buying as well, but I won't delve into that.

Basically, you need to have time, and a steady life to feel like doing things without seeking instant gratification.

Even people with a great life will seek easy ways out of work. It is human nature to find shortcuts to lessen energy expense.

In conclusion, I find the companies/people abusing human nature for personal gain to be frowned upon.
Similar to drug users/dealers relationship.

Top Bottom