• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I couldn't sell my account because I have so many PSN / XBL games attached to it. Not to mention years of service and avatars (on xbox live).

If I could just sell my Destiny account, I would. Only because my main Warlock got deleted so my stats are all messed up now ;(
If that never happened, then I would never. Sucks having a big chunk of a few hundred hours just WIPED.

WipedOut

I couldn't sell my account because I have so many PSN / XBL games attached to it. Not to mention years of service and avatars (on xbox live).

If I could just sell my Destiny account, I would. Only because my main Warlock got deleted so my stats are all messed up now ;(
If that never happened, then I would never. Sucks having a big chunk of a few hundred hours just WIPED.

Yeah, I have probably close to 100 games attached to my live account not to mention it's my account for Windows 10, my email ect.

Aren't you a dad yet?

I am. But my toddler goes to sleep at 7:30pm and newborns sleep a lot, although erratically:

lYkpDYg.png
Representative Sleep Schedule for first 9 months of a baby's life

Plenty of time to squeeze a Trials card in, provided that I have actually had some sleep. Right now I'm trying to get all the sleep I can given that he's up 3-4x per night, but I can skip a sleep chance to go to Mercury again.

Sidebar:
My company gives out 2 weeks of paid Parental leave. That's fantastic for a new dads, but you'll note I said Parental Leave, not Paternity Leave. Yeah, new mom's who just had a major ordeal even if giving birth naturally or a major surgery giving birth by C-section, also have only 2 weeks. Which sucks. It all kinds of sucks if the mom is the primary breadwinner. What is obscene is that there's 0 guaranteed leave for Moms in the US. WTF.

So whoever you are DGAF, if you can support Paid Maternity Leave (and Paternity Leave, too, sure), please do.​

LTWood12

I am. But my toddler goes to sleep at 7:30pm and newborns sleep a lot, although erratically:

Plenty of time to squeeze a Trials card in, provided that I have actually had some sleep. Right now I'm trying to get all the sleep I can given that he's up 3-4x per night, but I can skip a sleep chance to go to Mercury again.

Sidebar:
My company gives out 2 weeks of paid Parental leave. That's fantastic for a new dads, but you'll note I said Parental Leave, not Paternity Leave. Yeah, new mom's who just had a major ordeal even if giving birth naturally or a major surgery giving birth by C-section, also have only 2 weeks. Which sucks. It all kinds of sucks if the mom is the primary breadwinner. What is obscene is that there's 0 guaranteed leave for Moms in the US. WTF.

So whoever you are DGAF, if you can support Paid Maternity Leave (and Paternity Leave), please do.​

Yeah that's pretty awful for moms. Luckily with our first my wife got six weeks paid maternity leave, plus all the vacation days she'd saved up, plus the payout from a short-term disability policy that included maternity. (we were good planners). On top of that her employer allowed any employee to take up to a year unpaid after having a kid and their position was guaranteed should they decide to return. She ended up taking about five months off.

Thats is I'm officially putting the game down as i'm going to end up rage deleting it, the crucible is beyond broken Time to put my PS4 to use and splurge on the Easter sale

embalm

Destiny dad here checking in. My girl is coming up on 5 months and she will actually watch the game when it's full of action and shooting. She gets a little fussy during the loading screens.

The hardest times to play have been the ones where I'm learning the raids. I started playing in January so we wanted to do the old raids too. Finding time to learn the mechanics of VoG and KF, while 5 friends are on, and while the baby is sleeping or being watched was a challenge.

stay gold

Thats is I'm officially putting the game down as i'm going to end up rage deleting it, the crucible is beyond broken Time to put my PS4 to use and splurge on the Easter sale

The crucible irritated me into ordering Black Ops 3 yesterday, haven't played COD in years but it's gotten that bad.

Aint got time for The Division. I'm a luddite but I've never played TLoU so that's currently installing, then wolfenstein and TR are in the basket

TLoU is great and actually has really good multi-player imo, though I don't know how it is this far away from launch.

The crucible irritated me into ordering Black Ops 3 yesterday, haven't played COD in years but it's gotten that bad.

I'm not a CoD vet either and I've found BO3 multi-player much more enjoyable than I anticipated. I've been playing that and the Division pretty much, with the occasional Persona 3 sessions on my Vita.

stay gold

Black Ops 3 is actually pretty solid. I haven't played it in a while, but I've definitely enjoyed my time with it.

I'm not a CoD vet either and I've found BO3 multi-player much more enjoyable than I anticipated. I've been playing that and the Division pretty much, with the occasional Persona 3 sessions on my Vita.

Good to know. I checked it out on Twitch before ordering and it kinda reminded me of when Destiny was fun and fast paced.

Auctopus

I need someone for my third last trophy, flawless raider. Crota, easy mode.

1. Weteha
2. Der_Pate
3. Night_Knight

Flawless attempt, if there's anyone who's really comfortable with the sword part, you're more than welcome to join. :)

I've been wondering for a while (only started playing in November), why wouldn't people do VOG for Flawless Raider? It's the lowest level raid isn't it?

I've been wondering for a while (only started playing in November), why wouldn't people do VOG for Flawless Raider? It's the lowest level raid isn't it?
It is lower level but the raid itself is more difficult. Crota is so easy compared to VoG that you can solo it, so Crota is more preferred for flawless raider, and odds are you're entire fireteam will be level 40 so the difference in your damage and the amount of damage you take is minuscule.

Edit: and like mehr said, Crota is a lot shorter if you have a solid team

VoG is longer.
Gorgon maze require 0 screw ups.
Jumping puzzle require 0 screw ups.

Crota is shorter, no jumping puzzle, all parts are more lenient.

chur

Crota is a lot shorter. VoG has more areas where someone can die too. Also sometimes while jumping down to the Gorgon area you can randomly die. This is called pulling a Fig but I'm not sure why, it's something I hear a lot.

I need someone for my third last trophy, flawless raider. Crota, easy mode.

1. Weteha
2. Der_Pate
3. Night_Knight

Flawless attempt, if there's anyone who's really comfortable with the sword part, you're more than welcome to join. :)

Never done it completely before, but I don't usually die.

Auctopus

Thanks for all the answers lol. Flawless Raider is the trophy im least looking forward to. But I'll need to grab some clan buddies first so I can knock two birds with one stone.

WeTeHa

Thanks for all the answers lol. Flawless Raider is the trophy im least looking forward to. But I'll need to grab some clan buddies first so I can knock two birds with one stone.

You can do the clan raid trophy in prison of elders, so you just need 3 people. And then run a quick strike to get the clan strike.

Top Bottom