• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Lnkn52

I've been cursed this week in Trials. First we match up twice against streamers with > 3.0 K/Ds, followed by our team getting disconnected before the game starts and again a full team disconnect when we were leading 3-0.

Sons of Maduro

Edit: Speaking of Art Direction, hnnggg

mike-jensen-argus-startscreen-render.jpg

My quick rant on light levels.

Reaching highest light fastest is a great thing, imo. We've had both sides multiple times and both times reaching 34 via Variks/Nightfall/Trials/IB thanks to Etheric Light, and today's scalable drops via faction packages/nightfall/PoE/Trials and Raid with 100% infusion, it's a beautiful thing.

You can concentrate on getting your perfect builds faster, playing with guns you can keep, and most importantly, concentrate on the part that's most fun for you while being at the most optimal light level value for all activities.

I understand some people, chasing highest light is fun. I don't find that fun at all. Pre April 12, I stopped at around 315-317 on all my chars because the work was too much and I have more fun just playing what's fun asap.

ocean

Banned
When you have T5 DIS/STR but your Graviton is 1 Int short of Tier 1. Feels bad man. A little higher LL on that helm and the 5-5-1 dream will happen. I can already reach it but it requires using unacceptably ugly armor.

Ruthless did you manage to get the 5-5-2 btw? Super curious you'd be the luckiest guardian alive :p

Shito

I've played the Taken Archon. Instead of the pod thing comes out of a huge taken ball. And he's much harder than vanilla. It's like that Black spindle guy all over again. Also they took out the cheese spots where you can jump up ledge and snipe.
Hmmm, did they add an invisible wall, or straight our removed the geometry?

LTWood12

Yeah it never really stood a chance. PvP balancing strikes again. The "rapid" requirement is pretty strict for the perk to proc then you only have 5 seconds to find something worthwhile to shoot with the bonus round. I saw a streamer get 3 head shots pretty darn quick but wasn't fast enough to proc Dynamite.

Didn't want people "final rounding" in Crucible I assume, there's no PvE reason to make the perk that situational. Even in PvE, when would you ever want to kill 3 trash just to do extra damage to one big enemy? You can do more DPS just focusing on the big guy. I can't think of any use for it.

It really feels like exotics are designed in a vacuum. Like no accounting for what is actually useful. No regard for things like reserve ammo (field scout literally giving you one extra round of reserve). I really just don't understand why they can't account for this stuff when releasing exotics. I guess they were contractually bound to release something for sony, so they took a cool weapon model they'd come up with and slapped some perks on it.

It's a shame. Weapon LOOKS rad.

JayHayabusa

DGAF

I need your help to finish the First Curse quest

What is the best way to get the 7 precision kills in the crucible?

I think I need 2 guardians to load up a classic 3v3 so I can get that quick

No patience to do it legit now (and no skill I think :))

Daemul

Party Crasher w/ Rifled Barrel hits the Range cap anyway and Aggressive doesn't remove any Range (just Stability which is worthless on shotguns), therefore Aggressive + Rifled is maximum damage and maximum Range (unless you get the same roll but with Rangefinder).

IMO your roll will outclass the CT-D in many ways. The double fire rate makes a huge difference in terms of follow up shots. Plus, aiming down sights with Party Crasher actually reduces the spread of bullets (almost similar to Shot Package) whereas that does not happen with CT-D.

Yeah man you're right, this Party Crasher is the much superior choice and I'm happy to finally get the chance to get rid of the CT-D. That fucking fire rate is a pain.

Rahvar

DGAF

I'm in the same boat and would be happy to help.

Psn Thaennon

WeTeHa

DGAF

You and me in a fireteam. Classic rumble. Callout where we are and kill each other till we complete it. I need that stupid quest as well.

I think a couple of other gaffers need the quest as well. I remember adding somebody because of it but I forgot who it was :S

My quick rant on light levels.

Reaching highest light fastest is a great thing, imo. We've had both sides multiple times and both times reaching 34 via Variks/Nightfall/Trials/IB thanks to Etheric Light, and today's scalable drops via faction packages/nightfall/PoE/Trials and Raid with 100% infusion, it's a beautiful thing.

You can concentrate on getting your perfect builds faster, playing with guns you can keep, and most importantly, concentrate on the part that's most fun for you while being at the most optimal light level value for all activities.

I understand some people, chasing highest light is fun. I don't find that fun at all. Pre April 12, I stopped at around 315-317 on all my chars because the work was too much and I have more fun just playing what's fun asap.
I actually wish they would just get rid of Light Level completely. Look at everyone's joy right now at how quickly they can hit max, allowing them to focus on the fun aspects.
Obviously, Light Level adds nothing to the game for most people.

For me, the progression I crave could come from more esoteric elements such as PVP skill or soloing PVE content.

Right now, I have to put arbitrary amounts of time into light levels. I am time-poor so I would prefer either steady, non-RNG progression or none at all.

JayHayabusa

You and me in a fireteam. Classic rumble. Callout where we are and kill each other till we complete it. I need that stupid quest as well.

I think a couple of other gaffers need the quest as well. I remember adding somebody because of it but I forgot who it was :S

join us? me and Thaennon are online

It really feels like exotics are designed in a vacuum. Like no accounting for what is actually useful. No regard for things like reserve ammo (field scout literally giving you one extra round of reserve). I really just don't understand why they can't account for this stuff when releasing exotics. I guess they were contractually bound to release something for sony, so they took a cool weapon model they'd come up with and slapped some perks on it.

It's a shame. Weapon LOOKS rad.

It looks rad but I knew with that requirement to activate its perk it would be hotribly niche.

Its like a worse Spindle. It still baffles me weapons like that get past the brainstorm phase. Its not fun to use for the requirements needed on its perk.

Will we get the missing sterling boxes retrospectively?

Yes, if you didn't get one in the postmaster it should show up today after the hot fix. Just make sure to log in and grab it today or else I think you won't get another one after the weekly reset tomorrow.

LTWood12

So I guess you can see this on the app:

So this is definitely going to be the easier week.

Grenade week is going to be Sunsinger week.

Melee week is going to be Gunslinger week.

Grenade week will be the new Voidwalker tier 5 disc energy drain build w/ nothing manacles and scatter grenades. You can get your grenade back in 4 seconds.

But yeah, Sunsingers will still be better any hunter or titan subclass too.

Hotfix is for the sterling treasure boxes that were missing.

There was a thread on Reddit earlier this week about 5/5/2 stats. It's definitely possible. Search is failing me right now though.

Post patch I've been able to steadily creep up my light level, from 304 to 315 now, mostly running strikes and the Challenge of the Elders.

I'm happy with the progression and I'm still chasing so many weapons-- thinking of trying for the Touch of Malice at some point-- that I'm still happy to get some weapons that I hadn't seen before as well as those increasing light numbers.

Finally got the Taken version of Winter's Run last night but didn't score any of the new gear. I like the strike though-- a nice change-up from the vanilla version.

WeTeHa

Tiers of int/disc/str. So in that example that's maxed int/disc with tier 2 strength. Just like the pic above shows. Pretty crazy since before max was 2x tier 5

I think with luck and grinding 5/5/1 was possible before the update (I was missing a couple points in intellect for 1/5/5 on my hunter), but now 5/5/1 is easily possible with 5/5/2 being achievable with luck/grinding.

ocean

Banned
So I guess you can see this on the app:

So this is definitely going to be the easier week.

Grenade week is going to be Sunsinger week.

Melee week is going to be Gunslinger week.
Energy Drain with the new buff is sick. Scatter + Manacles + The Hunger + Embrace the Void. Every grenade kill is basically a recharged grenade in like 6 seconds

Max pre light increase was 5/5/1. It was hard to achieve though. Basically needed almost all max rolls.

...and to get good perks and use the gear you actually like. Is all of that possible? Is it worth it to reach this goal and have gear with talents that don't help you?

amazing thing to try for though.

I think with luck and grinding 5/5/1 was possible before the update (I was missing a couple points in intellect for 1/5/5 on my hunter), but now 5/5/1 is easily possible with 5/5/2 being achievable with luck/grinding.

Max pre light increase was 5/5/1. It was hard to achieve though. Basically needed almost all max rolls.

Oh wow haha that's insane. I've never seen a single person have 5 5 1 before!

I really want a 2-5-5 sunbro or 3 5 4 or 4 4 4.

Rahvar

To preface this, I'm ok at pvp not great and generally quite stable around a 1.0 KD.
I want to finish the Shaxx bounty to play 5 games in a fireteam. Anyone up for ot? Would love to get it done before the reset.

...and to get good perks and use the gear you actually like. Is all of that possible? Is it worth it to reach this goal and have gear with talents that don't help you?

Yeah it's definitely possible with godly RNG. You need really high stat rolls of the stats you actually want on all your gear. They need to be properly distributed so you don't have too much of any stat. Then you'd need the right perks like the correct primary weapon reload increase, ammo types you wanted, elemental armor for your preferred subclass, Second Wind or Last Hope boots, maybe bonus energy on revive helmet. Then you need all that stuff with gear that looks good since you can only infuse light from one piece into another, not the stats or perks. All your gear will need to be ~334+ to have high enough stats.

Definitely possible but I sure as hell don't have that kind of luck.

WeTeHa

I very much enjoy playing around with stats, min/maxing and stuff like that. I'm too bad at pvp to really make use of it, but I still like optimizing things. It's what I do :p

WeTeHa

Patch is live and I can confirm it fixed the missing sterling treasure (for me)

Edit: Also fixes the chroma grimoire card which I just got by opening the treasure and receiving a blue chroma. I did not put it into an armor piece, only received it from the box.

ocean

Banned
Tier 5 DIS
Tier 5 STR
Tier 2 INT
Graviton for Keen Scout + Shadestep
Pulse Rifle Reload + Quick Melee Gauntlets
Shotgun Ammo Void Armor Chest
Sniper / Rocket Second Wind Boots
Aesthetics - zero King's Fall garbage

This is the dream. It'll never happen :(

Frenden

Banned
I got Int+Dis on nearly all my Taken Warlock gear. I can get T5x2 and T1x1 with it when maxed, I think. And good rolls for the ammo perks. Super lucked out there.

Top Bottom