• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

I guess that means I can be Clinton?

kyjaIhF.jpg

LOL!

lt519

Anyone want to do CoE? I haven't done it yet but am at LL318. Anything I should know before going? Haven't played since Challenge Modes came out.

Homeboyd

Anyone want to do CoE? I haven't done it yet but am at LL318. Anything I should know before going? Haven't played since Challenge Modes came out.
Just bring a good primary for precision kills and make sure you crit everything possible. If using hung jury, turn off firefly. Don't use special or heavy unless completing the bounty.

Chain supers. Win game. Get loots.

Cruxist

Finally jumped into the update over the weekend. I was 308 starting out and am now 317. But holy crap, I cannot get a helmet for infusion fodder at all. It's so incredibly frustrating. I've either gotten infusion fodder from PoE or gotten an actual drop, but no helmets. I'm rocking a 300 Saint-14 still!

What controller are you using on PS? I should be switching in the next week and the one thing I'm not looking forward to is using that PS controller. I know I can use the Xbone controller with a chronus but no headset unless USB. Just curious what your set up was.

Sorry for the slow response. I either use the Elite with Cronus or the DualShock4 if I'm too lazy to switch over the Elite (that's also my main controller for X1 and PC games). Fwiw I'm able to use my headset via the 3.5 mm jack on the Elite itself. There's definitely some setup to get the Cronus working properly since it's not exactly first-party approved. You'll need to set the select button as your ghost for example. It's not bad once you have it configured. It all depends on how attached you are to Xbox controllers (or how much you hate Dual Shocks).

Personally I prefer some things about each controller type, although the Elite is easily the overall best quality controller I've used. I can usually switch back and forth okay but it does throw me off sometimes. Especially the analog stick feelings and sensitivities (Elite sticks are way more sensitive). These details only matter for PvP though, it's not something you'd care about for PvE stuff. Anyway, let me know if you have other questions.

Homeboyd

Sorry for the slow response. I either use the Elite with Cronus or the DualShock4 if I'm too lazy to switch over the Elite (that's also my main controller for X1 and PC games). Fwiw I'm able to use my headset via the 3.5 mm jack on the Elite itself. There's definitely some setup to get the Cronus working properly since it's not exactly first-party approved. You'll need to set the select button as your ghost for example. It's not bad once you have it configured. It all depends on how attached you are to Xbox controllers (or how much you hate Dual Shocks).

Personally I prefer some things about each controller type, although the Elite is easily the overall best quality controller I've used. I can usually switch back and forth okay but it does throw me off sometimes. Especially the analog stick feelings and sensitivities (Elite sticks are way more sensitive). These details only matter for PvP though, it's not something you'd care about for PvE stuff. Anyway, let me know if you have other questions.
Thanks. I'll prob ride out the ps sticks for a while and watch my KD plummet.

edgefusion

Is anyone available to help me do the "Fear's Embrace" speed run mission (19 minutes) please? Need to do it for an old SRL quest but the boss room is virtually impossible to solo.

Is anyone available to help me do the "Fear's Embrace" speed run mission (19 minutes) please? Need to do it for an old SRL quest but the boss room is virtually impossible to solo.
19 minutes?

I'll do it. Just gotta kill the wizard at the end, right?

Edit: If not, anyone want to do some PVP? Need a fireteam of 2 for the weekly crucible.

FyreWulff

I actually ran patrols this morning :)

I want Shadow Price. My first legendary primary back in the day. Wasn't even a good roll but I loved that gun.

I like the update but I think Bungie went a bit too far to correct the progress rate. Hitting 335 within the week (or day) isn't necessarily a good thing, for longevity's sake.

I believe there are two ideas to this.

One, Bungie has said they don't mind if people play the game alot, then shelve it, then come back.

Two, a good loot stream means you have less anxiety about trying other builds since you now have a better infusion train. Before I've been stuck with MIDA for months because of my low high-light incoming stream of infusion - i WANT to play other stuff like i was doing in HoW, but for optimal damage and the anxiety of losing the weapon (especially due to % infusion), I just remained on that build.

If I can get a steady stream of high light infusion, then I can get other max light stuff and be more flexible and experimental. It's less about hitting the max number and being "well, I'm done" , it's trying other things or building out multiple max light builds.

But where will DGAF be in 2 more months?

We'll still be here! Well, I'll still be here anyway :p

You can have fun w/ Destiny just doing Trials runs whenever you get the chance. That's the main thing that stays interesting and challenging. Besides our reset raids, that's basically what I've been doing for a long time.

When time is that limited just throw all the other stuff out the window (raiding, NFalls, grinding LL, bounties, etc.). Work on getting better with gear you already have. Use any Trials drops to infuse your favorite stuff and mitigate as much of the damage scaling as possible. Being ~15 light down is noticeable but not a deal breaker. By the time Destiny is (hopefully) exciting again this fall then maybe you'll have more time. But don't worry about losing touch with DGAF. Everyone you've met will be psyched to play again whenever real-life circumstances permit!

Thanks for the thoughtful replies and support, DGAF. <3.

(hopefully this is the last reply on the page and my angsty post doesn't get dragged onward.)

edit: BOOM!

Will probably dial it back a bit, but try to run Trials on Friday nights if schedules line up and maybe something midweek like Shaxx bounties or some CoE.

Seems like a semi-break should do some good for you john if that's what you think is best!

I'll miss you for trials though. ;_;7

I could see you improving in trials in real time! Wonder if that was the case with drizz and me ha

Seems like a semi-break should do some good for you john if that's what you think is best!

I could see you improving in trials in real time! Wonder if that was the case with drizz and me ha

When do you and Ape normally play?

I'd love to get a card in with you guys at some point.

FyreWulff

Also, I got this off a Variks rankup package. It hits like a truck.

Braced Frame / Lightweight / Rangefinder . 3SK in Crucible. It's almost a non-exotic Mida.

yYxjIQl.jpg

X-Frame

Also, I got this off a Variks rankup package. It hits like a truck.

Braced Frame / Lightweight / Rangefinder . 3SK in Crucible. It's almost a non-exotic Mida.

yYxjIQl.jpg

That looks more like a Cocytus / Jade Rabbit archetype but with Hand-Laid Stock.

I have a Cocytus with Hand-Laid Stock and my stats look indentical. I can confirm too, it does hit like a truck.

Thanks for the reply, Drizz. :)

Ape wants redemption tonight, so let's make it happen. 8pm ET?

I'll miss you too! I'm not quitting outright, but I won't be trying to catch y'all every weekend. Just on good maps and when life allows. So don't count me out.

Oh shit! you're serious!

First Wiped takes my raid seat, now Kor comes for my Trials team! And this after fending off Nami!

(They're on all weekend, Igor more than Ape, and often post here when they need a 3rd. Keep an eye out. There are lots of other fun people to play with too. I still need to play with Xplicit for instance. Just realized I've spent more time in Miitomo with X & Frenden than in Destiny proper. o_O)

Like john said, it doesnt necessarily have to be me and ape. This weekend i think i did like 6 mercury runs with xplicit. I also play with drizz (although not this weekend drizz &#128545;) etc. We got kean to mercury yesterday night just before we went to sleep because he posted on the thread asking so just keep an eye out.

Frenden

Banned
I run a Last Extremity with Handlaid and Third Eye or another with Life Support and Firefly, and that HoJ scout looks sick. I wants it.

Oh shit! you're serious!

First Wiped takes my raid seat, now Kor comes for my Trials team! And this after fending off Nami!

(They're on all weekend, Igor more than Ape, and often post here when they need a 3rd. Keep an eye out. There are lots of other fun people to play with too. I still need to play with Xplicit for instance. Just realized I've spent more time in Miitomo with X & Frenden than in Destiny proper. o_O)

I'm just trying to find a regular group.

I used to play Trials with some RL friends forever, as well as with the wife, but ever since the Taken King Trials changes, the wife absolutely hates Trials.

I haven't really played it since Taken King.

I'm on throughout the weekend. You can always just add me and send me a message if you see me on. Just ask Macello. He loves sending me messages :p

We can also make time for a run if you just give me some notice. I'm usually on Friday nights, Early Saturday, and Sunday afternoon/evenings.

Axoman

Is it odd that I don't care about sterling treasure?

I guess the rep boosts are the real mvp of the packages, but am I missing something?

Top Bottom