• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WeTeHa

Warlock at 335 with 5/5/1
Hunter at 335 with 1/5/5
Titan at 334.7 (boots, gloves, chest at 334) with 4/5/2

All could be 335, but I don't want to waste the good 335 gear I already have saved up for my hunter. Pretty good.

Deku Tree

Hunter at 335 with 1/5/5

All could be 335, but I don't want to waste the good 335 gear I already have saved up for my hunter. Pretty good.

What are you doing to get there?

Agent

My poor R2 trigger has gotten quite the workout this week with CoE and spamming Hung Jury at the bosses. It's like being the swordbearer on Crota all over again.

Everything has the smart loot now, meaning the light level of drops is determined by your character's LL (can drop up to 6 light above your current level). The problem is that lots of matchmade activities have their drops capped below 335, so you need to do stuff like Trials and raids to get that high. Strike specific drops can get up to 335 as well if your character is at least 329. Also exotic engrams.

Cool, thanks for the info.

So can drops at the end of strikes and crucible matches be up to 330?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Five class items.
Four ghosts.
Three sublime items.
Countless numbers of the exotic weapons.
Glimmer, motes, armor material, etc.
All in about 2 hours.

POE farming is legit.

Frenden

Banned
I love this shader, armor, class item, chroma gun combo. Hngh.

CgXO3r1UMAA5jGX.jpg:large

CgXO-W5UYAAD_UO.jpg:large

Anyone want to go farming?

Hunter at 335 with 1/5/5

Stop WeTeHa please stop. It makes my guys look sad, still rolling in 320 land.

WeTeHa

What are you doing to get there?

Okay let me see if I can still piece together what I did:

Starting point:
319 on all characters, all of them missing the class item and at most 1 additional item
~15 exotic weapons (a couple of each, mostly primary and heavy)
~15 exotic armors (5 gloves, couple helmets/gloves/chest/boots)
bunch of legendary engrams (useless)
20 CoO tier 3 runes (charged)

- Ran the new quests and strike + Nightfall on 1 hunter which got me 1 item at 325 -> infused into hunter gear
- Ranked up Vanguard once and Dead Orbit 4 times on hunter (to hit rank 25), which got me a couple items at 324-326 -> infused into hunter gear
- Ran challenge of elders 3 times (30k/90k), got a weapon and chestpiece -> infused into hunter gear, by that point my hunter was 323 or 324 I think
- ran one CoO for the artifact
- ran the raid from totems to oryx on hunter, always highest light gear equipped. infusing weapons and not infusing (just equipping) armor pieces (got super unlucky with drops from warpriest (shards), golgoroth = 4 gloves and a 320 class item from sisters)
- move all the high light stuff to warlock and infuse it into warlock gear, by that point he was 326 or 327
- ran raid from totems -> oryx on warlock (better drops, always high gear equipped, not infused) -> warlock at 330 or so
- switch to titan, move stuff over and infuse, run raid -> titan at 332 or so
- run remaining nightfalls
- move everything high light to hunter, infuse all of it. hunter is at 333
- more CoO for 335 artifacts
- farm the shit out of prison of elders 42 for 335 ghost, 335 specials, exotic engrams and 335 class items -> hunter is at 334, open a lot of exotic engrams -> a lot of 334 and 335 gear
- farm the shit out of nightfall for 335 helmets, which I only had 1 of due to an engram.

that's about it.

Edit: May have gotten some numbers wrong and I ran a couple of extra CoO here and there to always keep my artifact up to date because I had sooo many runes.
Edit2: Oh I almost forgot, I also ran 10 heroic strikes for the exotic class item and got 2 strike specific drops at 330 which I infused into my weapons.

Stop WeTeHa please stop. It makes my guys look sad, still rolling in 320 land.
You were playing dark souls, you don't deserve any destiny loot :p

Mindlog

Tried to help Hawkian, but died more times to the orbs than in all of my previous runs combined lol. Pro-tip to me for the next time. They're really easy to kill with Telesto.

X-Frame

I find it odd that I can't remember getting killed by a fusion rifle in PvP at all the past week. I would've thought I would see people experimenting with them, and getting killed by The Vacany a lot.

Is anyone here using them in PvP now over shotguns and snipers?

Namikaze1

So from that run, I got:

2 Lord of Wolves (334 and 335)
2 Queenbreaker's Bow (334 and 335)
1 ghost (335)
2 class items (334 and 335)
3 exotic engrams

Still no Dreg's Promise. :(

Agent

So from that run, I got:

2 Lord of Wolves (334 and 335)
2 Queenbreaker's Bow (334 and 335)
1 ghost (335)
2 class items (334 and 335)
3 exotic engrams

Still no Dreg's Promise. :(

I wish I had that luck. It seems like everyone leveled up fairly quick via CoE. That run I went from 326 to 328. I guess that isn't bad, but not the big jumps like some have seen.

But I do have a Dreg's Promise. :p

Top Bottom