• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Deku Tree

It's mainly for PvP, although you can use it for fun in PvE. It's not OP or anything, just gives you a little extra mobility to dodge around while in the air. It's fun to use imo, so might as well hang onto it if you play much on your Titan.

TG is also a favorite of PvE speed runners.

FyreWulff

Also, I just realized if you care about absolutely optimizing your use of boosters, don't use the Vanguard Booster until you're at the boss of your first strike you wish to use it on.

That's like.. being super optimal, but there's no benefit to popping it at the start of the strike.

I at least seem to be getting one with each rank up so far, so I haven't actually lost any boosting.

Trakan

Patrol rep increase is legit. I just got 1000 rep in 30 minutes with no boosters. I think that's faster than doing strikes. I was farming them alone. If you do it with multiple people, it'd go even faster.

Can I ask anyone to help me run through Crota's end? I am level 39 and light level 200 so think I should be able to do it easily enough.

Would be a first timer though!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You guys and your acronyms!!!

Im old.

CoE - Challenge of Elders, 3 waves, all bosses, score challenge
Get sigil card from Variks for 100 glimmer and get best scores to get guaranteed loot
30,000 points within 1 full 3 boss wave earns you a weapon, 90,000 cumulative (get at least 30k, 3 times aka grinding) get a gear piece
So if 3 chars it takes roughly 2-3 hours to finish up everything
Get Variks packages for boosters and burn bosses quick for extra rewards like ghosts, class item, and a chance @ the 3 HoW exotics
LL will be up to +6 your current LL
So yeah

LL is Light Level

CoO is Court of Oryx, you get blues/legendary and a good chance at artifacts that really push up your LL if your low LL in that area

PoE is back with a level 41 quick run, its just for the SB

SB is sterling box
Vanity items such as chroma, taken or spektar gear
Get 3 free, 1 for logging in weekly, 1 from weekly crucible, 1 from PoE 41
So 3 total every week account based
Want more, pay 200 silver per box...

ocean

Banned
Nightstalker and Hawksaw have really put me on another level. I was a 0.5 K/D player throughout Vanilla - this was my first FPS.

HoW saw my Bladedancer Thorn/Matador/HB through 1.15ish - I felt like a beast.

TTK nerfed every crutch I relied on and had me down at 1.0.

These past few days though? The Best Around medals every few games, even on GAF trains. Plenty of 1.5+ games. Most importantly?

Sometimes I'll go .8 middle of the scoreboard and still know I was the playmaker. A good snipe off a Hammerbro before he got kills; 4 assists with a tether on Heavy - that kind of thing.

I'm in love.

Shouldn't your crucible bounties give you more rep than a win? Right now you only get 50 rep for completing your crucible bounties but a win gets you 118.

BLCKATK

Hey guys, anyone available for some CoE on PS4? A friend of mine just came back to the game and I'm trying to get her some gear. She's at 309 Light which I think would be enough to get in and get the scorecard done. Would someone be available to join us?

PSN: Azys_

ZeroCoin

Hey guys, anyone available for some CoE on PS4? A friend of mine just came back to the game and I'm trying to get her some gear. She's at 309 Light which I think would be enough to get in and get the scorecard done. Would someone be available to join us?

PSN: Azys_

I'm up for it if you still have room and don't mind a little lower light level, 307 on my Titan. Psn Zerocoin

so do any matchmade activities drop the new smartloot type stuff?

Everything has the smart loot now, meaning the light level of drops is determined by your character's LL (can drop up to 6 light above your current level). The problem is that lots of matchmade activities have their drops capped below 335, so you need to do stuff like Trials and raids to get that high. Strike specific drops can get up to 335 as well if your character is at least 329. Also exotic engrams.

Top Bottom