• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

So what's the verdict on Nightfall post update? Are the rewards better? Is it worth doing again?

Well, they can drop pretty high, and infusion materials is always good.

Plus, they shifted the eververse packages to their own additional roll on loot, so they no longer eat up your nightfall reward.

So, yes. It is worth it again.

How many ways can you obtain the HoW Y2 exotics? (LoW, QBB, Greg's Promise) I have them all Y1 but don't see them available for purchase with marks.

Thats like the best roll that gun can have if you want max AA instead of snapshot or quickdraw. Xplicit pls

Hahaha levelled up Crucible and when I saw 1000 Yard Stare, I was like no way, this has to be a good roll.... then looked at the perks and just shook my head.

To top it off, I got it on XB1.

A Top 100 guy in Trials invited me to run a card (I didn't even know he was that high until him and his friend were talking about ELO) said wow Xplicit your sniper is dirty.

Hey bobs. all year two legendaies have infusion. Your best bet with armor is wear whatever has the highest light. Use your favorite guns and infuse them. Infision requires legendary marks. So do the dailys and quests that give them. You should also save said marks to buy 280 gear from the vendors. Rank up packages will also provide upgraded gear

Hey thanks! I was just curious how exactly the infusion worked

So when I have a pulse rifle I like thats at 280, if a assault rifle drops that's only 270 - can I infuse that into my pulse rifle at all for my pulse rifle to improve?

Or am I right in thinking you can only infuse better gear into weaker gear in order to make that weaker gear stronger?

I mostly ask because I have a ton of gear I may aswell just dismantle as its below my current favorite weapons! Unless I can infuse that weak gear into my strong weapons to make my strong weapons even stronger?

Thanks for the advice!

Last night, I decided to work on my char on XB1 finally.

Just a Nightfall, CoE and 5 wins of Trials brought me up from 320 to 323. (actually more since I was maybe 317 tops but 100% ftw brought me to what i could have been had the infusion system been the way it is now)

The highlight, other than making a couple new friends that picked me up from lfg, a crucible package I got.

i7tSX6Q.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got some real nice stuffs last night with Beholder and Chux in CoE. A 327 Lord of Wolves, 330 Queenbreakers Bow, 331 Her Fury, 328 Lethe Noblesse with a solid roll, 331 Warden's Cloak. Very tastt.
Haven't done a nightfall since the update. Do you really need to be 320 or is it doable at lower light levels like the CoE?
Hey Carbine. I don't know what the new strike and modifiers are for the week but it's a legitimate challenge.

So when I have a pulse rifle I like thats at 280, if a assault rifle drops that's only 270 - can I infuse that into my pulse rifle at all for my pulse rifle to improve?

Or am I right in thinking you can only infuse better gear into weaker gear in order to make that weaker gear stronger?

I mostly ask because I have a ton of gear I may aswell just dismantle as its below my current favorite weapons! Unless I can infuse that weak gear into my strong weapons to make my strong weapons even stronger?

Thanks for the advice!
Infusion exists solely so that you can get the weapon you want with the perks you want (the target) to as high light as possible using any higher light item of the same class (infusion material).

Lower stuff that you don't want, dismantle away. Get yourself some Legendary Marks.

Thanks for the advice!
You are correct, you infuse higher light gear into lower light gear, to raise your favorites up.

Thanks guys! I've been sitting on a fair bit of junk for a bit then.

Once I find a good strong set of year 2 weapons I guess I'll worry about infusion but until then I won't touch it!

I am tempted to buy the year 2 patience and time for the legendary marks, what's the consensus on it? I quite liked my year 1 patience and time but ultimately always used my ice breaker!

Should I instead look out for a new year 2 sniper?

WeTeHa

Good runs guys. completed both characters in only 2 runs.

Voidwalker is definitely the way to go this week. double tripmines+double throwing knives with precision kill reset and tier 5 disc&str gunslinger is also a lot of fun. Titan was boring.

WeTeHa

Thanks guys! I've been sitting on a fair bit of junk for a bit then.

Once I find a good strong set of year 2 weapons I guess I'll worry about infusion but until then I won't touch it!

I am tempted to buy the year 2 patience and time for the legendary marks, what's the consensus on it? I quite liked my year 1 patience and time but ultimately always used my ice breaker!

Should I instead look out for a new year 2 sniper?

Tried using patience & time, didn't like it. Complete the quest "taken war:earth" to get a great sniper (1000 yard stare) and when lost to light us the daily next time go for the spindle. Other than that: vanguard packages, cricible packages and variks packages/30k points.

Anyone interested in running the HM raid?

I could run...

Deku Tree

Room for one in a NF
Just join.

Cool. That's two.

Any others?

I could probably run one now.

Tried using patience & time, didn't like it. Complete the quest "taken war:earth" to get a great sniper (1000 yard stare) and when lost to light us the daily next time go for the spindle. Other than that: vanguard packages, cricible packages and variks packages/30k points.

I could run...

If Wipeds raid is full I could join yours after this NF

HM raid is still 310 right? or are we uber now and go for 3 million?

It is crazy how the little changes make this game seem much more fluid while leveling light level.

Top Bottom