• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Pop quiz! Can you tell who the voidwalker was?

CpZ9AMD.jpg

Got a 328 Consumed Shell for my efforts haha.

Oh really? so they can drop post game rewards to then?

The Jovian Titan set is really the only thing I'm hunting between now & Fall expansion.
No, they only drop in the wild off random mobs. PoE/CoE, CoO and occasionally the raid seem to have the highest drop % from what I've seen. But they are still fairly uncommon.

So jelly. I only have the boots and class item.

It's all INT/STR which is good for my Defender build, but I want to use this stuff everywhere. It's easily the best new set for Titans.

So Envious!

What's the best way to get sublime engrams? Do they only drop in-mission in PvE? Or can they drop elsewhere?

They drop from PvE stuff. The Raid, Strikes, Story missions, PoE/CoE, etc etc etc

I have never seen them drop from any PvP post game stuff.

Also, using a First Curse means you have bad RNG for the next week. Only Juggernaut Titans get the best loot breh

Trying to get 9 points(3 for win 1 for loss) for quest in elimination is one hell of a slog when you are solo and also in a slump.

Seems like it will be 9 games to get there!

And then RNG if they decode into the new stuff. Out of five sublime engrams since the update, only one turned into a piece of new gear.
Yeah, this is lame. Especially for those of us that have all of the old stuff.

They should have made it LL dependent so if you still wanted the old ones you just had to drop your LL down or just turn them into an NPC and have the option to choose.

My sunsinger + Claws of Ahamkara + Invective + Last Extremity = good pvp times. I forgot how much fun destiny's pvp is after being away for so long. ��

Try Stormcaller, Thunderstrike and The Claws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSoXaL0aptA

So much fun, I couldn't go back to Sunsinger, the melee is OP as is pulsewave

Edit if you get a close and personal shotgun the kill range is stupid, hit them from distance with a shotgun to proc C&P finish them with a 155 thunderstrike

E92 M3

It's great to see that Bungie is decided to let it rain loot this update. So much more pleasant to play a game that is generous and lets the players build around it.

Raven117

So, hopped on for the first time in months to run some of the new content. Did everything except the CoE (didn't have a premade fireteam).

Really not much new content.

BUT

Gawd it feels amazing just to run, jump, and shoot in this game. Felt like coming home.

I'd like to give CoE a run in the next few days.

So, hopped on for the first time in months to run some of the new content. Did everything except the CoE (didn't have a premade fireteam).

Really not much new content.

BUT

Gawd it feels amazing just to run, jump, and shoot in this game. Felt like coming home.

I'd like to give CoE a run in the next few days.

Totally. Going between this and the division/cod shows just how good the gameplay is.

RE: Sublime Engrams

I've had the best luck getting them through Tier 3 CoO. On Monday I used probably 8 Tier 3 runes and got 3 sublime to drop. Not sure what the drop rate is exactly, but I had a streak of like 4 or 5 Tier 3's in a row where I got an artifact plus a legendary engram. I've tried since then though and my RNG luck must have evaporated as I haven't got any. At least you can also get another antiquated to drop to make up for the one you just burned. Last week's Tier 3 was super easy, this week I think its Baby Crota so it should be easy as well.

Also got two on patrol by killing the Hand of Crota in the Cosmodrome on two separate occasions.

The only other one I've got is from opening a chest on the Dreadnaught with a key. This was out of like 4 total chests. I also had two in my vault from before the patch.

Ran Vanguard strikes over the weekend and didn't see any drop.

And yes, the most frustrating thing is when they decrypt to the old gear. I probably could've had the entire hunter set by now if not for that. Only 3 of the 8 sublimes have decrypted to the new set, and two of those were both boots (with shitty rolls at that).

RE: Sublime Engrams

I've had the best luck getting them through Tier 3 CoO. On Monday I used probably 8 Tier 3 runes and got 3 sublime to drop. Not sure what the drop rate is exactly, but I had a streak of like 4 or 5 Tier 3's in a row where I got an artifact plus a legendary engram. I've tried since then though and my RNG luck must have evaporated as I haven't got any. At least you can also get another antiquated to drop to make up for the one you just burned. Last week's Tier 3 was super easy, this week I think its Baby Crota so it should be easy as well.

Also got two on patrol by killing the Hand of Crota in the Cosmodrome on two separate occasions.

The only other one I've got is from opening a chest on the Dreadnaught with a key. This was out of like 4 total chests. I also had two in my vault from before the patch.

Ran Vanguard strikes over the weekend and didn't see any drop.

And yes, the most frustrating thing is when they decrypt to the old gear. I probably could've had the entire hunter set by now if not for that. Only 3 of the 8 sublimes have decrypted to the new set, and two of those were both boots (with shitty rolls at that).

M1nEp7h.gif

Mindlog

Still don't remember some of the new maps from when I quit playing Crucible, but I did get a Phantom with my Suros Dis-43. Gave the audience a good laugh.

X-Frame

It's all INT/STR which is good for my Defender build, but I want to use this stuff everywhere. It's easily the best new set for Titans.

Luckily, the boots and class item I got are both INT / DIS, but the chances of all the pieces I get to roll that AND with the perks I want are so low it'll take months.

It's taken me months to find all PvP focused armor pieces that I found/bought and infused from the Vanguard/Crucible armor as I felt it looked the best. Though most of that searching was Gauntlets with the right stats and weapon reloader.

I really want there to be armor re-rolling. Would that be unfair or break the game/meta? Or even just allowing us to re-roll 1 aspect of the gear like the INT etc stats or the Reloader or something.

Otherwise it needs to rain Sublime engrams.

Currently at 4/4/2 on my warlock. Pretty happy with that but I'd definitely prefer 5/5/1 or 4/5/2. I know 5/5/2 is a lot harder to achieve haha...

Currently at 4/4/2 on my warlock. Pretty happy with that but I'd definitely prefer 5/5/1 or 4/5/2. I know 5/5/2 is a lot harder to achieve haha...

I'm really curious what this means? Any chance you can educate a noob? :p

I'm far from having optimal gear myself but will be cool to know what it all means

I'm far from having optimal gear myself but will be cool to know what it all means
Int/disc/str all have 5 tiers you can get via gear stats.

So 5/5/2 would be maxed out int and disc, with two tiers of str.

5/5/2 is also known as a Tier 12 build, as there are twelve tiers in use.

My warlock currently:

4 tiers of intellect
4 tiers of discipline
2 tiers of strength

I use the claws, which give you double melee, so I could probably do without a tier of strength and put it somewhere else but I really enjoy slapping people across the map as often as possible lol

Homeboyd

He's talking about the intellect, discipline and strength stats attributed to your armor. Most people want all int/disc (for faster super recharges [intellect] and faster grenades [discipline]) so they try to max those stats first. Strength is the last stat which recharges melee. Most people don't care about it as much.

Its the tiers of your cooldowns for Intellect, Discipline and Strength

For each subclass you have a preferred way to stack them for e.g. Sunsinger you'll want T5 Disc/Str for super fast grenade and melee recharges, Voidwalker Int/Disc for fast grenade and Nova Bombs and Stormcaller Int/Str for sniping melees and stormtrance

T1 will give you a 1 minute cooldown for melees and grenades T5 will knock it down to around 25 seconds

Top Bottom