• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

ocean

Banned
PoE 41 takes waaaaaay too damn long. That sterling ain't worth it, ran once for the Ghost earlier today and never again

Simbo

Neo Member
What are everyone's thoughts on re-rolling weapons?

I appreciate that it leads to the majority of Guardians running around with perfectly rolled weapons but I also feel that I'm missing out on using so many weapons in the game. I suppose it comes down to the RNG on top of RNG with weapon drops. Not only have you got to be lucky to get the weapon you crave but you also need to be lucky to get a decent roll.

As an example I'm desperate for The Villainy. The vendor roll is OK but what I'd really like is Red Dot OAS, Headseeker, Braced Frame and Third Eye or a reload perk. At the moment I have to grind like hell to rank up with the faction and hope for double RNG. I could potentially go through my entire Destiny life without ever trying one of the guns that the developers took time to create.

Summary: Bring back re-rolling at the Gunsmith.

Dalek

So if I'm light level 312-is the only way for me to get higher light gear right now the Raid - and prison of elders? Nothing seems to be dropping for me in PoE that's higher light.

ocean

Banned
I've heard stories of people acting like complete assholes in party chat but didn't think these things happened in real life.

Stay salty folks

FyreWulff

So if I'm light level 312-is the only way for me to get higher light gear right now the Raid - and prison of elders? Nothing seems to be dropping for me in PoE that's higher light.

Raid
PoE (and Challenge of Elders)

rankup packages from:
Vanguard
Crucible
Faction
Variks

Court of Oryx Tier 3 antiquated rune guarantees a higher light artifact than what you have

Trials of Osiris

Crucible blue drops can also now drop up to 320, same with strikes

I have not touched Destiny in months. I left at light level 296. In the past 2 days just doing random things such as the strike list and the new content I jumped to 310 and after doing the raid today I am at 319. There are a ton of random engrams that are much higher in light level that with the new fusing system makes it a lot easier than before.

Best of luck.

GGs fellas. Going to have to adopt sitting as my new taunt now.

On another note I've felt like my performance has been a little off recently. I'm having a harder time getting a handle on my playstyle and weapon choice post update than I expected. I think playing so much control is partially to blame. All of these super big maps and all the team shooting doesn't jive with me very well.

Waldini

Damn.

That CoE is super easy. Even at light-level 310.

Has there been any change in the way you get your weapons? How do you earn the PoE Exotics? Same way as before? Completing the level 41? The Challenge mode gave me nothing. RNG still loves me.

Did they change the Sword Quest? I still need the Void one.

What is the best use of legendary marks once your beyond light level 280?

I got the ghost shell as I hear those are extremely hard to come by and other than buying a decent purple sniper im not sure if I can use marks to help me at all? Anything I have to purchase caps at about light level 280?

I'm tempted to just use them on purple engrams at the crypt arch? That seems like my best way of using them to gain light level quickly?

Also is xur going to be useful in the light level race? I imagine that exotics will be a decent light level or do they also cap at about 280 and require infusion?

The ghost shells drop rate is pretty frustrating, it's holding me back a bit now

Waldini

What is the best use of legendary marks once your beyond light level 280?

I got the ghost shell as I hear those are extremely hard to come by and other than buying a decent purple sniper im not sure if I can use marks to help me at all? Anything I have to purchase caps at about light level 280?

I'm tempted to just use them on purple engrams at the crypt arch? That seems like my best way of using them to gain light level quickly?

Also is xur going to be useful in the light level race? I imagine that exotics will be a decent light level or do they also cap at about 280 and require infusion?

The ghost shells drop rate is pretty frustrating, it's holding me back a bit now

5 months ago (when I stopped playing) Xur Exotics were capped at 290 I believe. You can go to the Cryptarch and buy those Legendary Engrams but the chance you'll make a significant jump is small. I went from 301 to 315 in a 2~3 hours. I played the Level 41 Prison of Elders and the Level 42 Challenge of the Elders. You can also do the Varix Quest and get a sword (which is 320?) and do the new Strike which CAN give you a 335 Shotgun.

Ghost-Shells can be obtained doing the Weekly-Strikes, Nightfall or NM-Oryx.

Infusion has changed though. If you have a gear-piece and find something that is higher you can use the highest piece for Infusion. It's always an 100% succes-rate now.

lowpes

Neo Member
Damn.

That CoE is super easy. Even at light-level 310.

Has there been any change in the way you get your weapons? How do you earn the PoE Exotics? Same way as before? Completing the level 41? The Challenge mode gave me nothing. RNG still loves me.

Did they change the Sword Quest? I still need the Void one.

PoE Exotics are random drops from CoE. Drop rate seems pretty high though, managed to get 2 Lord of Wolves in 4 games of CoE.

Waldini

I want to give CoE a shot, anyone want to join? Im only 314 light, that should be alright but?

There's only three rounds in the CoE. The first is a big-ass Taken Knight. The second is a big-ass Cabal dude and the third is another Hydra who took steroids. Arena's themselves have plenty of cover ... It'll take 20 minutes tops. Way too easy.

WeTeHa

Finally, year 2 exotic weapon collection completed. Now I just have to spend a couple of strange coins when xur brings the legacy special again and I have my year 1 collection completed as well.

Time to go for the exotic class items I guess :p

X-Frame

The Gunsmith's Thesan roll this week is identical to The Vacancy:

Torch / Hot Swap / Braced Frame / Rangefinder. Guess I no longer need to buy The Vacancy!

5 months ago (when I stopped playing) Xur Exotics were capped at 290 I believe. You can go to the Cryptarch and buy those Legendary Engrams but the chance you'll make a significant jump is small. I went from 301 to 315 in a 2~3 hours. I played the Level 41 Prison of Elders and the Level 42 Challenge of the Elders. You can also do the Varix Quest and get a sword (which is 320?) and do the new Strike which CAN give you a 335 Shotgun.

Ghost-Shells can be obtained doing the Weekly-Strikes, Nightfall or NM-Oryx.

Infusion has changed though. If you have a gear-piece and find something that is higher you can use the highest piece for Infusion. It's always an 100% succes-rate now.

Hey thanks for the advice! It's really appreciated!

Mindwipe

They're not capped at 290 any more, they were capped at 310 before the update even.

Top Bottom