• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Adahn

Apologies if I've missed this info somewhere, but what's the consensus on what light level to be for CoE this week?

I'm running at 301, but the last couple of PoE41 runs have given me nothing shiny. Was wondering whether a couple of CoEs would give me a bit of a gear boost to open a few more options up.

Thristy, stop following Iceman into the Division abyss - we need more peeps for CoE and raids.
Had to take advantage of the cheese while I could.

May hop on tonight after I run the daily missions, have to pick up my free sterling package. If you're raiding shoot me an Xbox message and I'll switch over. (When zoso sent out his second message the other night I was getting ready to sleep)

Don't talk about The Division. I don't regret the game, i just regret buying the season pass. Hopefully the DLC will actually make the game fun again.

Anyways, 26 hours until Trials, YAAAS.

Although I'm going out of town on Saturday so no trials that whole day. That'll hurt.

I have been surprisingly not interested in this Spring update to say the least, however I have done a Heroic Strike and Nightfall here and there since the update. I saw folks saying they were enjoying it because they didn't feel rushed in getting to 335 and didn't need to do the KF raid anymore, etc. I have a few questions...

Is it even possible to get a character to 335 without doing the raid and if so are you limiting yourself in how fast you can get there?

Without doing the raid what are the best options besides the Nightfall to move up LL wise?

What is the CoE all about? Just a bunch of boss fights? What kind of rewards do you get?

Has the regular PoE with Skolas been updated to give out 320+ LL rewards?

What range of rewards do you get for CoO now?

...my interest peaked as I simply don't have any desire to do the KF raid again after 100 completions or so.

Homeboyd

Apologies if I've missed this info somewhere, but what's the consensus on what light level to be for CoE this week?

I'm running at 301, but the last couple of PoE41 runs have given me nothing shiny. Was wondering whether a couple of CoEs would give me a bit of a gear boost to open a few more options up.
310+ is where you need to be for CoE as the last round has 335 enemies. Being 34 below will be pretty terrible. Having said that, solo'ing CoEs is easily doable for higher LL players so you could still run with some higher LL friends.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still an open spot left for tonight's Newbie Crota's End at 9:00PM Eastern. Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform?usp=send_form

It's a super quick and fast-paced raid. Hoping I can convince a true newbie to take up the sword and smack him down this time 8)
You're gonna have a hard time finding a NM raid here, but Hawkian does a newbie raid every week. He rotates through every raid and usually posts on here with the sign ups. I think he's doing kings fall next week or the week after, so if you can't find a group for it, make sure to sign up for it, he's really good at teaching people the mechanics and makes it a lot easier for newbies.
*blushes* Thanks :3

kiguel182

Hello everyone!

I'm kinda back to Destiny with this new update! The new strike was kinda of a bummer but the new (and more powerful) gear kinda brings me back. I was only level 302 when I left the game after doing the normal raid like three times so there's new stuff to catch up now.

Anyway, what has been the general consensus with the April update?

The best part of GG activation? When you loose all your armor and get got by a primary. I also suck with GG lol

Nah. Many have been the time I've accidentally pulled the whole team and come running to your and your golden gun for rescue like this:

tumblr_mffbhqvmYK1r278dio1_r2_500.gif

But srsly, welcome to the Titan Master Race.

Also, HC meta?

Yep. The Hand Cannon meta is everyone posting screenshots of their rolls and being disappointed.

Kappa.

Navy Bean

I have been surprisingly not interested in this Spring update to say the least, however I have done a Heroic Strike and Nightfall here and there since the update. I saw folks saying they were enjoying it because they didn't feel rushed in getting to 335 and didn't need to do the KF raid anymore, etc. I have a few questions...

Is it even possible to get a character to 335 without doing the raid and if so are you limiting yourself in how fast you can get there?

Without doing the raid what are the best options besides the Nightfall to move up LL wise?

What is the CoE all about? Just a bunch of boss fights? What kind of rewards do you get?

...my interest peaked as I simply don't have any desire to do the KF raid again after 100 completions or so.

That's too many questions, but I will say I was not looking forward to CoE at all but it is actually a pretty fun activity that doesn't take too long and gives good rewards. It's like the anti-Destiny mode lol. Also, it's not challenging but I kinda like that aspect, it's basically the end-game loot cave.

From the previews i rwally liked the titan spaectar set. I was lucky enough to get the full set in 2 weeks the last piece was the the chest piece. Without thinking i infused my 330 ib chest piece into it.

Its ugly. Like really ugly.

Immediately regretted my decision.

So i cruise arpund the tower trying to find a chest piece i like. Finally dead orbit has one.

Switch allegiances to dead orbit. Head to the reef. Buy 250 heavy ammo. Head back to the tower and rank up dead orbit to buy the chest piece. Infused that ugly spectar chest.

Spent a crap ton of glimmer and materials changed a high ranked faction all be becuase i didnt like the look of something.

All because i didnt like the look of something

This game.

I love the new Titan armor set. The problem is I always get one with Strength. I need full int/disc on those suckers.

(Keeping for now when I need 1 piece with str for the inevitable 5-5-1 build)

From the previews i rwally liked the titan spaectar set. I was lucky enough to get the full set in 2 weeks the last piece was the the chest piece. Without thinking i infused my 330 ib chest piece into it.

Its ugly. Like really ugly.

Immediately regretted my decision.

So i cruise arpund the tower trying to find a chest piece i like. Finally dead orbit has one.

Switch allegiances to dead orbit. Head to the reef. Buy 250 heavy ammo. Head back to the tower and rank up dead orbit to buy the chest piece. Infused that ugly spectar chest.

Spent a crap ton of glimmer and materials changed a high ranked faction all be becuase i didnt like the look of something.

All because i didnt like the look of something

This game.

Destiny Fashion is serious business. You need to look fresh in order to be successful at this game.

Matt Frost

Way too short. Maybe the shortest expansion. Less than two weeks out and I have done everything except taking my Warlock to level 335. The rest is over. Way too easy to reach 335. Way too easy. And the new quest was done quicker than a MP match. The Elders Challenge is nice but again way to easy, you can even solo it if you aren't going for the points, just pieces of armor. The new Void sword is... a bummer. And the new Spektar armor... Titan = very ugly, Warlock = so ugly and the Hunter one is amazing (have all three, except the hunter chest... pure luck, as always). The new Taken armor is ugly as well. Who designed those things? Whenever I see a dude wearing one I equip the Shame emote and do it to him. Again, why did they take the worst part of other amors and combine it into an ugly whole set? The titan legs, god dammit.... why did they take the Osiris ones? FWC ones are much much better IMO. So, all in all... short, easy and forgettable. Lets see with the september one how is goes before Destiny 2...

PD: The Division "raid" is way worse than this... go figure.

ocean

Banned
Hello everyone!

I'm kinda back to Destiny with this new update! The new strike was kinda of a bummer but the new (and more powerful) gear kinda brings me back. I was only level 302 when I left the game after doing the normal raid like three times so there's new stuff to catch up now.

Consensus: if you play this game for "new content" or whatever it doesn't bring much to the table. If you're one of those radicals who plays a shooter to get online and shoot people? It's great. Easier than ever to get a competitive loadout and just start enjoying the game :)

Namikaze1

Really happy with my builds right now. Was able to get everyone to 5/5/1 with the exception of my Titan with her PvP armor equipped. Also loving how my Titan looks a lot. Sucks that the Spektar helmet dropped with the wrong stats roll and missing the perk that grants me super energy from reviving but even if it did dropped with the right stats roll and that perk, I love the PS exclusive IB helmet too much to switch it out.

Anyway, here's my Titan with her PvE and PvP set:

My Hunter with her PvE and PvP set (without the 3 PvP weapons I mainly used which are on my Titan above):

And my Warlock with her PvE/P set:

I got this shit an hour ago from an engram. Middle perks are snapshot and oiled frame. The perk underneath Outlaw is Eye of the Storm.

Axoman

Super smooth Hard CM Oryx run x2 with Axo, Zoso and his bro and 2 Titans from LFG. We only had 1 wipe the 2nd run because one LFGer had a Warlock with no Self Rez unlocked yet lol but luckily it was only during the 2nd bomb phase.

Got Helms on Hunter and Warlock and both reached 325-326 or somewhere around there. That's about all I needed (Until I get stuck at 332ish and I'll wait until CM Oryx comes again)

Thanks for the run!

I was lacking in artifacts and heavy weapons, got a 334 heavy and 332 artifact, so that helped a lot. My warlock and Titan are both close to 330 now, I've been neglecting my hunter and have hardly played him since the update.

I've still only gotten 1 helmet from about 8 or 9 CM Oryx kills.

Thristy, stop following Iceman into the Division abyss - we need more peeps for CoE and raids.

I second this

May hop on tonight after I run the daily missions, have to pick up my free sterling package. If you're raiding shoot me an Xbox message and I'll switch over. (When zoso sent out his second message the other night I was getting ready to sleep)

Me, you and DMH need to play trials again!

Join PS. The Bone is dead. The Bone is a fossil. It's time.

If it were only so easy! I think I could only switch if there is a reset and everyone is starting over. That, or you guys sock 3 characters for me! Haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have a few questions...
No kidding, haha. I'll take the challenge
Is it even possible to get a character to 335 without doing the raid
Yes
and if so are you limiting yourself in how fast you can get there?
This is ambiguous, sort of yes, but also kind of moot. How fast you get to 335 is almost completely irrelevant in my opinion, since there's absolutely zero reason to be 335. In my opinion there's more fun to be had in seeking out the most appealing gear you want and then raising it up as infusion material comes to you. But the raid (particularly challenge mode) is of course a good source of said infusion material.
Challenge of the Elders is very rewarding all around.
Ranking up any faction, including and especially Variks (which you can do via rep gains from CoE as well as original PoE/Skolas) gives light-progression gear. Gunsmith too.
Farming any kind of named Ultra bosses with Three of Coins for exotic engrams is also viable progress.
The unique strike reward gear (i.e. Flayers cloak, Grasp of Malok, etc) can drop at high light.
Trials of Osiris and Iron Banner.
What is the CoE all about? Just a bunch of boss fights?
Three rounds, each with a boss, with modifiers plus an additional score multiplier for certain actions, all changing on the weekly reset. This week the bonus points are for grenade kills. You can get a sigil from Variks for guaranteed rewards, once per character per week.
What kind of rewards do you get?
Queen's Weapons and House of Judgment armor and class items, the House of Wolves exotic weapons at high light, ghosts, glimmer, House of Judgment rep
The rewards for completing PoE have not been changed, however this is also to say that you still gain just as much rep for completing them, and the House of Judgment rank-up rewards have been updated.
Court of Oryx will get you high-level artifacts and seemingly a high chance of dropping the playstation exclusive armor engrams.

WipedOut

Really happy with my builds right now. Was able to get everyone to 5/5/1 with the exception of my Titan with her PvP armor equipped. Also loving how my Titan looks a lot. Sucks that the Spektar helmet dropped with the wrong stats roll and missing the perk that grants me super energy from reviving but even if it did dropped with the right stats roll and that perk, I love the PS exclusive IB helmet too much to switch it out.

Anyway, here's my Titan with her PvE and PvP set:

My Hunter with her PvE and PvP set (without the 3 PvP weapons I mainly used which are on my Titan above):

And my Warlock with her PvE/P set:

I got this shit an hour ago from an engram. Middle perks are snapshot and oiled frame. The perk underneath Outlaw is Eye of the Storm.

Noice - Here's mine rocking the new set. with arma I hit tier 5 int and disp.

Titan is love
CggXG37XEAA7URc.jpg:large

Hunter - My new favorite setup.
CggYMrJWQAAGDGH.jpg:large

Thanks for the run!

I was lacking in artifacts and heavy weapons, got a 334 heavy and 332 artifact, so that helped a lot. My warlock and Titan are both close to 330 now, I've been neglecting my hunter and have hardly played him since the update.

I've still only gotten 1 helmet from about 8 or 9 CM Oryx kills.

I second this

Me, you and DMH need to play trials again!

If it were only so easy! I think I could only switch if there is a reset and everyone is starting over. That, or you guys sock 3 characters for me! Haha.

Hahaha it's funny how that happened. I was just going to mess around in a few PvP matches and I saw you had a spot open in CoE so I said why the heck not. Then we ended up raiding not once but twice hahaha. I actually wished we did a 3rd run. My Titan is missing Helm and Class Item so Oryx is perfect for at least one if not both of those.

You could probably do Tier 3 runes and get 335 Artifacts now. Although if you only have 1 or 2 Antiquateds you could probably wait until 330 or 331 even to be safe.

Going to play some heroic strikes for a while with a booster on. Will be in orbit for the next few minutes..if anyone wants to join...then will go with randoms :)

Homeboyd

Hahaha it's funny how that happened. I was just going to mess around in a few PvP matches and I saw you had a spot open in CoE so I said why the heck not. Then we ended up raiding not once but twice hahaha. I actually wished we did a 3rd run. My Titan is missing Helm and Class Item so Oryx is perfect for at least one if not both of those.

You could probably do Tier 3 runes and get 335 Artifacts now. Although if you only have 1 or 2 Antiquateds you could probably wait until 330 or 331 even to be safe.
I still need a Xbone Oryx CM. Tonight should be my last night on Xbone forever.

Top Bottom