• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

Super smooth Hard CM Oryx run x2 with Axo, Zoso and his bro and 2 Titans from LFG. We only had 1 wipe the 2nd run because one LFGer had a Warlock with no Self Rez unlocked yet lol but luckily it was only during the 2nd bomb phase.

Got Helms on Hunter and Warlock and both reached 325-326 or somewhere around there. That's about all I needed (Until I get stuck at 332ish and I'll wait until CM Oryx comes again)

ocean

Banned
Why is it voidwalkers OP?
Energy Drain got a huge buff with April update. Getting a kill with your melee or grenade triggers Energy Drain, which cools down your nades almost instantly. Since CoE this week has catapult, the cooldown is actually instant: get a grenade kill and you have your grenade back.

Axion Bolts and Scatter grenades easily kill Goblins, Psions and Dregs in one hit which means you can just grenade spam infinitely this week.

Even outside the Catapult-buffed Prison, Energy Drain is very solid. Datto and a few others have recently posted videos highlighting how fun and strong Voidwalkers now are in PvE because they're an ability spam class.

lt519

I liked CoE tonight. The modifiers/bonus they chose are fun plays off each other and just creates a new inventive way to play the game. I can't wait for Airborne Secondary so we can run around jump shotgunning fools. After three runs to get 90k, I'm definitely done for the week, but kudos to them for creating a different way to play to get top level gear in addition to everything else they offer. Coming over from playing lifeless Division for 3 hours with my buddies tonight it was refreshing.

RNG is still RNG, but it's fun to be playing Destiny again. Can't wait for the next Iron Banner.

Are the Cryptarch reward packages bugged or something? Every time I level up now, it rewards one blue engram and the engram decodes to a 100 LL item. I'm pretty sure it was working correctly when I came back for the April update, but not anymore.

ocean

Banned
Challenge should have been 50k points at least. 30 you reach no matter how poorly you play. The other way of making it harder would have been with debuff modifiers which in glad they didn't do. Small Arms + Precision bonus, Catapult with Grenade bonus...it's fun when they buff you. Trickle or Exposure CoE wouldn't be the fun romp it is now.

But yeah 30k for the "Challenge" just seems a little silly imo

Challenge should have been 50k points at least. 30 you reach no matter how poorly you play. The other way of making it harder would have been with debuff modifiers which in glad they didn't do. Small Arms + Precision bonus, Catapult with Grenade bonus...it's fun when they buff you. Trickle or Exposure CoE wouldn't be the fun romp it is now.

But yeah 30k for the "Challenge" just seems a little silly imo

Be careful what you wish for :)

3x CoE with Jigga on xb1 and no class items. My 326 Titan has a 313 class item so it's holding him back.

I might just take my hunters 328 but it's his highest followed by iron banner 326 I'm not losing. I have to see if those 2 light make a huge diff

I really don't dig handcannons at all.
I do and I don't. I loved the Devil You Know back in year one, and when I got Thorn for the first time I couldn't put it down. But these days? I'm all about scout rifles.

Hung Jury (original vendor roll) for pve
Harrowed Doom of Chelchis for pve/raid

Last Extremity (original vendor roll) for pvp

How many people have actually played the new Venus strike in the heroic playlist?

I backed out of 20 strikes last week, and another 15 today with no luck.

If you mean the new ps4 exclusive one - I keep getting it! Was quite lucky with matchmaking yesterday, managed to do all the new strikes. Being new to the taken king it was quite nice to get through them all.

Out of curiosity does the cryptarch in the reef have a different/ better unlock rate or is he basically interchangeable with the tower? I have found the reef a little meh and prefer just going to the tower - but am I missing anything by doing this? I know the reef has a bounty giver but as it takes so long to load into both the tower and the reef ive never compared them.

Managed to hit light level 300 last night which is pretty cool - thanks for the continued advice guys!

SnakeEyes

Banned
There is some seriously deep Political discussion going on in this Destiny party chat with Slammon, Frenden, and Danarchy...

f87.jpg

Is the takenfied archon priest strike a ps4 exclusive? I thought it was for both... That may explain why I haven't seen it in the playlist yet lol.

Man dgaf party chats go interesting places. We went from wrestling to magic underpants over the course of a few hours. While that sounds like a small jump it was rather elaborate, with plenty of tangents.

the_id

Man dgaf party chats go interesting places. We went from wrestling to magic underpants over the course of a few hours. While that sounds like a small jump it was rather elaborate, with plenty of tangents.
Miss these nightly rituals hanging out with my DGAF buddies this week. DGAF friends are awesome.

Heroic playlist or Vanguard playlist?

I got it yesterday in the heroic playlist, I actually was really dissapointed thinking that It was a year 1 strike and my focus was on getting to the new stuff. Even though it was taken-Ifed it wasn't drastically different.

Am glad I had it happened now!

Struggling to get 30k points with this random LFG : /

EDIT: Just barely got it and that was with my sunbreaker titan getting greandes constantly. Not sure ill get it done on Hunter and Warlock, don't really have the gear for mass grenades.

Doing nightfall if anyone wants in, 2 spots.

I got it yesterday in the heroic playlist, I actually was really dissapointed thinking that It was a year 1 strike and my focus was on getting to the new stuff. Even though it was taken-Ifed it wasn't drastically different.

Am glad I had it happened now!

That final area with the boss, ugh...taken spam everywhere...

SnakeEyes

Banned
its fascinating because of Dan. Wait till he hears about Whangamamona and Church of Pastafarian.
The American election, working for Nike, working in sales, working as an artist, how much of a terrible client Van Halen and Wu Tang Clan were, tattooing, mobile phones. Tonight was very enlightening :)

Heyyy another Kiwi.

Christchurch, but live in Australia.
id and I are both kiwis, both in Hamilton, and then there's also InThrall as well :)

WeTeHa

Struggling to get 30k points with this random LFG : /

EDIT: Just barely got it and that was with my sunbreaker titan getting greandes constantly. Not sure ill get it done on Hunter and Warlock, don't really have the gear for mass grenades.

Gear isn't that important on warlock with the voidwalker buff. Ideally nothing manacles with tier 5 disc, scatter nades, the hunger and embrace the void ( or whatever the skills are called)
Hunter: tier 5 disc, double tripmines, double throwing knives with reset on precision kills. Very fun. Very effective.

If you can't get it done I can probably do a couple runs with you on the weekend. With my warlock I alone averaged 25k points in a 3-man fireteam, so it's easily doable.

Gear isn't that important on warlock with the voidwalker buff. Ideally nothing manacles with tier 5 disc, scatter nades, the hunger and embrace the void ( or whatever the skills are called)
Hunter: tier 5 disc, double tripmines, double throwing knives with reset on precision kills. Very fun. Very effective.

If you can't get it done I can probably do a couple runs with you on the weekend. With my warlock I alone averaged 25k points in a 3-man fireteam, so it's easily doable.

Dont have Voidwalker levelled yet unfortunately. Hunter I might have the stuff.

Am I missing something with the Cabal boss? Shooting him with the correct element but still says immune.

Did 3x CoE runs last night. All infusion material. Variks won't give me that emblem. I might try and grind it tonight.

Shaxx trolled me with a 335 Red Spectre too.

Top Bottom