• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

which emblem are you trying to get?

Thanks Dark! That's the one. I have every single emblem EXCEPT for that one and the TWO that come from Vanguard Strikes. I've done 10x Heroic Strikes a bunch of times now for the faction exotics and neither one of them have dropped. I wish they would drop from Vanguard packs. It's frustrating. I really love all the loot we have been getting with this update, but these emblems man....come on!

EDIT: WAIT - DO THEY ONLY DROP FROM REGULAR STRIKES AND NOT HEROIC?!

EDIT: WAIT - DO THEY ONLY DROP FROM REGULAR STRIKES AND NOT HEROIC?!

Yeah, vanguard strike playlist only. Not from heroic.

I have a question about the 3 of coins. Do they work with regular strikes or just heroic strikes?

They work on ultras, not strikes specifically. Anytime you kill an ultra, you have a chance at getting an exotic engram to drop if you had 3 of coins active.

Do we know if the old-new vanguard weapons (Devil You Know, Shadowprice, etc...) can drop from the regular vanguard strikes? or just from the heroic list?

Slowly cleaning up the DLC story missions in my quest to take my vanilla dude to current endgame.

Should I be part of a faction? I've kept with Vanguard and Crucible rep, since the Crucible stuff has Discipline / Intellect and I've liked that as a Warlock. Maybe Future War Cult, if picking a faction is a good idea.

Do people still run Vault of Glass and the earlier raids?

I've been stashing any legendary I have, since I guess you can get legendary marks from deconstructing when you do it at level cap. I'm going to need a ton of those to get a full crucible armor set, if that's even good.

Screw CoE and this cabal boss
It's easy mode if you cheese the flayers right at the beginning. Hunter bow to hold them as they spawn. Warlock nova bomb + energy drain. Whatever 3rd class super. Everyone toss nades and use rockets or swords.

You can outright kill at least one right from the start, maybe two. I imagine killing all three would be possible also haha

Sigh, managed to find two random groups of two(seperate instances) at CoO but neither group could down mini Oryx unless I was one of the people shooting him, yet no1 knew how to sword so I was forced to take it.

Sigh, managed to find two random groups of two(seperate instances) at CoO but neither group could down mini Oryx unless I was one of the people shooting him, yet no1 knew how to sword so I was forced to take it.
Was farming there yesterday and someone kept taking the sword and attacking regular mobs with it. Couldn't tell if they were trolling or just had no clue what they were doing.

Slowly cleaning up the DLC story missions in my quest to take my vanilla dude to current endgame.

Should I be part of a faction? I've kept with Vanguard and Crucible rep, since the Crucible stuff has Discipline / Intellect and I've liked that as a Warlock. Maybe Future War Cult, if picking a faction is a good idea.

Do people still run Vault of Glass and the earlier raids?

I've been stashing any legendary I have, since I guess you can get legendary marks from deconstructing when you do it at level cap. I'm going to need a ton of those to get a full crucible armor set, if that's even good.

Heh we added eachother but never actually played - shout if you see me on as we can probably run those end game missions together if we at about the same point.

The green emblem? I got that on my first Variks rank up package last week. :p

Haha. Of COURSE you did!

I will say this about CoE after two weeks...I am LOVING how much fun they are making the modifiers. Using my Warlock last night was awesome. Sure, it wasn't really a big challenge, but it's perfect for an arena/horde mode.

WipedOut

Finally got another cryptarch shader last night, Lion Dancer. Still haven't seen vallsgarde though. The one I want the most of course.

Heh we added eachother but never actually played - shout if you see me on as we can probably run those end game missions together if we at about the same point.

Haha. Yeah, that's a good idea. I don't mind learning the raids as we go, even if it means we get wrecked a few times.

The one thing I really learned to love by coming straight out of Division to this is the Crucible. I always liked it when I played around vanilla but I love it now. The Dark Zone was definitely my jam, but you have to make your fun and your chaos. Being able to pop home for lunch and spam melee or shotguns in someone's face within minutes is relaxing. A little therapeutic.

I hit a 5-kill streak when I was level 30 against a server full of 40s with light level nearly double mine, and I got really excited and yelled a little. True to form, the Ole Lady just looks at me and goes, "Yeah, but you're losing."

Haha. Yeah, that's a good idea. I don't mind learning the raids as we go, even if it means we get wrecked a few times.

The one thing I really learned to love by coming straight out of Division to this is the Crucible. I always liked it when I played around vanilla but I love it now. The Dark Zone was definitely my jam, but you have to make your fun and your chaos. Being able to pop home for lunch and spam melee or shotguns in someone's face within minutes is relaxing. A little therapeutic.

I hit a 5-kill streak when I was level 30 against a server full of 40s with light level nearly double mine, and I got really excited and yelled a little. True to form, the Ole Lady just looks at me and goes, "Yeah, but you're losing."

Hey actually just FYI Hawkian is running a crota's end raid tonight. I signed up:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=201375196

I think you want to be about level 32 to do it which I inagine you would hit within like a hour of playing anything destiny related!

I pretty much went from 30-40 in the space of a evening when I first started playing which was cool and a far cry from vanilla destiny where I did the vualt of glass week in week out just to try and hit 30 lol

E92 M3

Seeing how many exploits and cheats are occurring in Division, puts it into perspective how well Destiny was built. Yeah, we had our fun cheeses - but nothing that massively compromised the game.

Seeing how many exploits and cheats are occurring in Division, puts it into perspective how well Destiny was built. Yeah, we had our fun cheeses - but nothing that massively compromised the game.

Yeah those threads yesterday really put things in perspective, i had no idea Division was that fucked. It makes stuff like that 3oC cheese look really tame in comparison.

I'd definitely use handcannons again if I got the new Devil You Know. Loved that gun in year one.

I'm liking the one I got from a Vanguard package, although I wish the first perk was Outlaw. Also I'm pretty sure it only holds 10 in the mag, not 12.

eGX1g4A.png

I think its still outclassed by Eyasluna and Water Star though.

I had a great time using my voidwalker warlock last night in CoE, made a lot of noise about how quick my grenades recharged. Instantly!

My friend was using his sunsinger, completely unaware of the energy drain buff, kept saying "yeah my grenades are recharging quickly too"

He knows nothing if he thinks that's quick lol.

I really want a TDYK - for sentimental reasons really! I'd love to get firefly on it, but I don't know what perk-set the year 2 versions are allocated.

All these HC posts! I'm single handedly creating the hand cannon meta, ha!

I'm a Titan main, never had any doubts, but even I have to admit that the most badass super activation is Golden Gun. Leaping up in the air (you have to) and thrusting high your gun to be blessed with Heaven's own cleansing fire feels ~amazing~.

All these HC posts! I'm single handedly creating the hand cannon meta, ha!

I'm a Titan main, never had any doubts, but even I have to admit that the most badass super activation is Golden Gun. Leaping up in the air (you have to) and thrusting high your gun to be blessed with Heaven's own cleansing fire feels ~amazing~.

The best part of GG activation? When you loose all your armor and get got by a primary. I also suck with GG lol

Also, HC meta?

Top Bottom