• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

WipedOut

Weekly update is out:

We did some digging and uncovered a reward logic issue that blocked some of your rewards prior to Rank 5 in Iron Banner.

How many times is Bungie going to f--- up loot droops in a loot game for the same game mode? FFFS
Is it me or did Cozmo pull off the best weekly update in like ages. Kid did pretty good.

Edit: true top of the page hype:

Cg_QYxj_W4_AAQjn_P.jpg

Deku Tree

Git gud DGAF

Top Three High Scores CoE for week 1

Top score – 79,570
EPICOOKIEZ
Eavr
Sc Slayerage

Second place – 63,860
Ivelious596
Warmachinepro85
MrDay10

Third Place – 62,940
Irish Axeman
HAJI BAHBAH
xXDinobotXx

Note: The top two actually posted the four highest scores, but we will be taking the top three teams every week. RIP team 3.

Lnkn52

Git gud DGAF

Top Three High Scores CoE for week 1

Top score – 79,570
EPICOOKIEZ
Eavr
Sc Slayerage

Second place – 63,860
Ivelious596
Warmachinepro85
MrDay10

Third Place – 62,940
Irish Axeman
HAJI BAHBAH
xXDinobotXx

Note: The top two actually posted the four highest scores, but we will be taking the top three teams every week. RIP team 3.

RIP top two with this guy always playing Sc Slayerage

Increased Rank 3 package Artifact to 320 Light
Increased Rank 5 package Ghost to 320 Light

Even though we can get this from CoE and CM Raid / CoO... meh

I thought IB rewards were supposed to go up to 335? Seems kind of weird that they wouldn't. 320 artifacts have been around for months.
Isn't that just the rank 3 and 5 packages? I'm pretty sure the end of match rewards and rank 5 weapon/armor will be up to 335(or are end of match rewards 320?).

Deku Tree

Doesn't everybody have Artifacts and Ghosts already? Why are we stressing about the Rank 3 and Ran 5 guaranteed drop.

I wonder if the RL will have a PvP roll this time...

X-Frame

Hot damn -- someone please can you make the banner of the Weekly Update into a wallpaper or something?

Two Titans either clashing via Shoulder Charge or Juggernaut, can't really tell.

EDIT: Thanks Lnkn!

Navy Bean

Increased Rank 3 package Artifact to 320 Light
Increased Rank 5 package Ghost to 320 Light

Even though we can get this from CoE and CM Raid / CoO... meh

Seems really stupid to gate it at 320... Especially for the Rank 5 which takes quite a bit of time, comparatively, to the other avenues to rank up.

Question: if I'm LL 328 should I wait to do the CoO for the Artifact? Is it an automatic drop?

Seems really stupid to gate it at 320... Especially for the Rank 5 which takes quite a bit of time, comparatively, to the other avenues to rank up.

Question: if I'm LL 328 should I wait to do the CoO for the Artifact? Is it an automatic drop?

Yea. I don't like how NFs and Vendor packages cap at 330. IB is worse!

Answer: I'd wait to 329 at the very least because you can get up to +6 of what your light is. It's an automatic drop as long as you used your Antiquated.

Doesn't everybody have Artifacts and Ghosts already? Why are we stressing about the Rank 3 and Ran 5 guaranteed drop.

That's exactly why it's a problem. What's the point of giving us 320 artifacts and ghosts if we all have 321+ of each? It just seems weird with most other rewards dropping at a reasonable light level for the first time in a long time.

320 makes them completely worthless.

It should be "up to" 335, with a "up to" +6 of your light like all the rest.
On Xbox I'm sitting around 325-326, so I'd be happy with a 332ish ghost and artifact. That would make it worth playing for me on there.

Yea, I could continue to do CoE/CoO/Raid but I don't want to. I want this PvP avenue and it's still to give us worthless 320 drops.

Deku Tree

That's exactly why it's a problem. What's the point of giving us 320 artifacts and ghosts if we all have 321+ of each? It just seems weird with most other rewards dropping at a reasonable light level for the first time in a long time.

320 makes them completely worthless.

It should be "up to" 335, with a "up to" +6 of your light like all the rest.
On Xbox I'm sitting around 325-326, so I'd be happy with a 332ish ghost and artifact. That would make it worth playing for me on there.

Yea, I could continue to do CoE/CoO/Raid but I don't want to. I want this PvP avenue and it's still to give us worthless 320 drops.

IB is Destiny's most casual end game experience.

Bungie are clearly targeting a very casual crowd that returns to destiny after a long break for iron banner.

The Rank 3 and Rank 5 ghost and artifact are not intended to reward people like you and me.

EDIT: I am not saying I like it, but I understand why Bungie is doing it. A 335 ghost or artifact would be "too good" for the crowd they are targeting with IB. They are saying to them: "Go play the higher level end game stuff to get that".

Deku Tree

Did the weekly update say that all loot from this IB can drop at the end of any match no matter what your rank is? So you can get a Rank 5 RL to drop after your first game when you are still Rank 0?

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I've done CoE 4 times this week, never broke 27k. I'm sure its easy for some, but it seems much harder than last week. I've also never got a @#$ing exotic in CoE, yet my friend is running about 50%.

Definitely Dr Strange, red skull not so much.

Titans - Colossus / Thor / Iron Man
Warlocks - Raven / Loki / Dr Strange
Hunter - Batman / Green Arrow

Red Skull is totally a Warlock. Messing with the occult, evil, wears a literal skull just like The Ram, need I go on?

And Captain America is the prototypical Defender Titan, even if Juggernauts get shields.

Deku Tree

LOL haven't they already "fixed' the IB reward drops before? I will be shocked if they are truly fixed this time.

My understand of TWAB is that at the end of each match you got a "roll" for a reward including the whole loot pool. If you were rank 2 and your reward rolled a rank 5 drop, then the code just blocked you from getting that reward because your rank was too low. From playing it also seemed like your only chance to get rank 2 end of match rewards was from playing IB matches while you are rank 2. once you got to rank 3, then all the rewards became rank 3 rewards etc.

Now they are saying that they removed the restriction. And you can get anything to drop from end of match rewards no matter what rank you are. And they removed legendary engrams from the loot pool. So you should be seeing more drops.

IB is Destiny's most casual end game experience.

Bungie are clearly targeting a very casual crowd that returns to destiny after a long break for iron banner.

The Rank 3 and Rank 5 ghost and artifact are not intended to reward people like you and me.

EDIT: I am not saying I like it, but I understand why Bungie is doing it. A 335 ghost or artifact would be "too good" for the crowd they are targeting with IB. They are saying to them: "Go play the higher level end game stuff to get that".
This. The guaranteed artifact and ghost are just extras for us, the roll in the loot pool for the rank 5 package is what matters. So you already have 335 artifacts and ghosts, that's cool. Casual PVP players probably do not.

ocean

Banned
LMAO @ Viole, Start @ 47 seconds in this video. Best Destiny Rage ever

https://www.twitch.tv/psychopant/v/61530981
Viole is usually pretty chill what the hell is this lol. This is plain embarrassing :p I've seen him run with Lumi and Hype a few times, they were among the quickest teams to reach Mercury each reset a few times.

Guy is amazingly good though. I've been unlucky enough to match him with Murdaro in Control a few times and holy shit, his TLW game is flawless

Navy Bean

I've done CoE 4 times this week, never broke 27k. I'm sure its easy for some, but it seems much harder than last week. I've also never got a @#$ing exotic in CoE, yet my friend is running about 50%.

Do you have a Warlock? Run Voidwalker + The Hunger + Embrace the Void + Voidfang Chest if you have it and simply chuck Axiom bolts all day long... Shoot the boss a few times in between ads.

Viole is usually pretty chill what the hell is this lol. This is plain embarrassing :p I've seen him run with Lumi and Hype a few times, they were among the quickest teams to reach Mercury each reset a few times.

Guy is amazingly good though. I've been unlucky enough to match him with Murdaro in Control a few times and holy shit, his TLW game is flawless

Hahaha I was watching Poshy's stream and one of his mods told him to watch it and he was cracking up so I had to watch it.

Everybody has their bad days/games haha.

LL of the ghosts and Artefacts aside (they should be +6 same as everything else) IB has gone down hill this year, probably because nearly every weapon in the game is hella average

I'm still struggling to find a primary I click with

LL of the ghosts and Artefacts aside (they should be +6 same as everything else) IB has gone down hill this year, probably because nearly every weapon in the game is hella average

I have that problem everytime there is a rebalance. Mida was my goto before the patch but now it just doesnt feel right.

Navy Bean

I've been enjoying the Hawkmoon in both PvE and PvP...give it a whirl if you haven't already.

Top Bottom