• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
6hX77Rv.png

LFGlol

I think the sarcasm is lost on you.

Happy Friday everyone! I was looking into what the new Vanguard strike emblems were when I came across this post on Reddit that listed all 30 codes for shaders/emblems that can be redeemed through:

https://www.bungie.net/en-US/User/coderedemption

I thought I had them all but there were 3 that I never redeemed as I went through the list. Just posting this here for all you completionists or new players that never got them or people switching consoles maybe (not sure if they show up on every console if you redeemed them once).

I never had this emblem and now I do:

0zQRJCq.png

Cheers!

Happy Friday everyone! I was looking into what the new Vanguard strike emblems were when I came across this post on Reddit that listed all 30 codes for shaders/emblems that can be redeemed through:

https://www.bungie.net/en-US/User/coderedemption

I thought I had them all but there were 3 that I never redeemed as I went through the list. Just posting this here for all you completionists or new players that never got them or people switching consoles maybe (though I'm not sure if they show up on every console if you redeemed them once).

I never had this emblem and now I do:

0zQRJCq.png

Cheers!

That's the emblem my hunter has been rocking for a few months now.

Speaking of emblems does anyone know how to get the house of judgement emblem?

I think the better solution (and I'm not qualified at all to know what actually is a better solution) is to create a progression system that eliminates these problems all-together rather than hoping players understand why 335 LL players aren't needed for a 320 activity.

Anytime there's a progression system people will irrationally covet the maximum, whether or not it's actually relevant. That's just human nature, there's no way to avoid it. I mean Hard King's Fall says "Recommended Light 310" right on it yet people demand 335. People want that as an assurance of experience, so they can clear their content easily. Nothing wrong with that. Destiny isn't a charity where anyone is expected to help inexperienced players.

Some people are irrational because they've had bad experiences that waste a lot of time. Also, some people aren't honest (or maybe just lack self awareness) about their inexperience. So I can understand both sides. But that's also why we encourage inclusive LFG here, so people can get away from that attitude. Anyone with a sincere interest who meets basic requirements should be included.

Agent

That's the emblem my hunter has been rocking for a few months now.

Speaking of emblems does anyone know how to get the house of judgement emblem?

Rank up package. I got lucky and received it last night in my Warlock rank up. I'm at work so don't have the actual picture, but it looks pretty cool. It looks a lot better in game, of course. I'm probably going to pick it up on my other 2 characters.

aTTan5B.jpg

Homeboyd

Anytime there's a progression system people will irrationally covet the maximum, whether or not it's actually relevant. That's just human nature, there's no way to avoid it. I mean Hard King's Fall says "Recommended Light 310" right on it yet people demand 335. People want that as an assurance of experience, so they can clear their content easily. Nothing wrong with that. Destiny isn't a charity where anyone is expected to help inexperienced players.

Some people are irrational because they've had bad experiences that waste a lot of time. Also, some people aren't honest (or maybe just lack self awareness) about their inexperience. So I can understand both sides. But that's also why we encourage inclusive LFG here, so people can get away from that attitude. Anyone with a sincere interest who meets basic requirements should be included.
Yeah I just mean I don't think anyone should expect non-hardcore players to understand how being 313 total light in a 320 activity using a 307 primary against 320 enemies will play out. So the result is, like you said, just max everything and you can't go wrong.

The old system actually made more sense. Get to level 30 and everything is 1:1. If you're 1 level below, you do ___% less damage (and take ___% more damage). 2 levels = ___% less. etc...

I just don't like this ranged thing for a lot of reasons even if it does mean you can progress faster. Chasing #s rather than gear isn't as much fun and it's much more complicated to understand unless you can convince people "look, as long as your within ___ light of the activity, you're fine." But I would agree, I think most look at total LL as an indication of experience playing the game rather than how much LL actually matters in certain activities.

Daemul

Also, even with the flood of loot anyone who has 3x335 characters at this stage is most likely an experienced and hardcore player, a couple of months down the line this probably won't be the case, but at this moment with it only being a week since the update was released you can be 90% certain that the 335 player joining you knows what they're doing.

Axoman

Yep, you can trust me, I'm an attorney.

This is patently true.

Had a fun and crazy raid last night with mostly gaffers here, Zoso, DMH and a couple others that don't post here too much any more. Had to get a 6th via LFG.

We start at totems, one person dies after the 2nd or 3rd brand hand off. LFG dude asks if we are wiping, we say yes. We wipe and load back in, the LFG dude leaves.

Pick up another LFG guy, finish totems first try and get through Warpriest and Golgo without much issue.

Get to daughters and that's where the fun begins. I normally do ok running the platforms, but last night I was on a new level of failure. I think I was torn at least 10-12 times, with 2 or 3 times being torn both runs. I even died twice landing on the edge of the daughter platform. I just couldn't put good runs together and I apologize to the guys with me last night.

Eventually, we lose two guys including the second LFG guy. Xplicit signed on and came in and we were able to 5 man it after a couple more wipes.

If anyone on Xbox needs relic runner for Daughters/Oryx please hit up Axoman909

DMH is correct.

Anyone fancy Court of Oryx for a bit? Psn is bobs_99

I just got some 3 of coins from Xur and am curious. Should I use them before killing each boss? I hear I should wait 10 mins before using?

Also, I plan to run crucible rumble for a bit and planned to pop one before each match? Is this wise or are there better uses?

I was a random relic runner in the raid the other day and when I slammed on the second daughter she sent me flying right off the map lolol. Has that happened to anyone else?

I just got some 3 of coins from Xur and am curious. Should I use them before killing each boss? I hear I should wait 10 mins before using?

Also, I plan to run crucible rumble for a bit and planned to pop one before each match? Is this wise or are there better uses?

All uses are equal unless you use them "too often" which the community is still not sure on. Some person on Reddit is trying to run an experiment with a large sample of volunteers to nail that down. FWIW I use one every other crucible match and once in CoE.

Also, only ultras from Antiquated Runes consumer a ToC in CoO.

Deku Tree

Should I buy $20 worth of Silver?

The money is really not an issue.

It's just the principle that I don't want to support these non-cosmetic micro transactions and also the lack of y2 content.

Variks rank up packs. You can tell which ones I am missing right?

I was hoping that wasn't the case. I wonder if judgement rep buff plus running the old poe give epic xp.

Rank up package. I got lucky and received it last night in my Warlock rank up. I'm at work so don't have the actual picture, but it looks pretty cool. It looks a lot better in game, of course. I'm probably going to pick it up on my other 2 characters.

aTTan5B.jpg

Yeah it looks so cool in the preview.

Deku Tree

Anyone fancy Court of Oryx for a bit? Psn is bobs_99

Yes it happens depending upon where your standing, and which direction your facing.

Basically everyone should know that when your the relic runner before you slam you should face away from the daughter and face directly towards your group who is standing on the first step. Then you'll never get physics that will blast you away from your group.

friday

Should I buy $20 worth of Silver?

The money is really not an issue.

It's just the principle that I don't want to support these non-cosmetic micro transactions and also the lack of y2 content.

IDK, but I think the emotes are cooler than the stuff you can get from boxes.

I'm shooting for Saturday afternoon (6/8PM EST), but that didn't work out too well last time.
There's also the issue of gaffers who are low light tend not to post on the forums as much.

I finally completed kings fall the other day but really would love to go through it and get the fragments and have fun instead of just rushing for gear. I am interested.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If they continue with the "non-cosmetic" stuff all they would have to change is make it so that the armor pieces take on the skill set of the infused armor.

Boom, it's entirely cosmetic again.

Top Bottom